*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

362,412 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by LPHA
howdydamnit04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
On xbone right now for about an hour if anyone wants to nerd it up.

Xbone: mightymidget04
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
I want to do the weekly heroic strike.. Need a team on PS4 to do it. Anyone in this weekend?
redbaron788
AG
I could go tonight or Sunday but I'm only level 11/12
herb96
AG
Got awarded a blue helmet and blue boots by playing The Crucible last night. I think I got lucky.
Vade281
AG
I'm only level 12, but I will be doing nothing but playing Destiny on Sunday.
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
Curious. What are the differences between the strikes and raids?
Are the patrol missions you get at the tower worth exploring?
And
Has anyone found any legendary engrams?
I'm still leveling, currently at 16 and playing an equal mix of crucible and story
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
Curious. What are the differences between the strikes and raids?
Are the patrol missions you get at the tower worth exploring?
And
Has anyone found any legendary engrams?
I'm still leveling, currently at 16 and playing an equal mix of crucible and story
Patrols are worth doing. You gain XP and get to see a good bit of the map. Make sure to get the bounty for doing 5/6 patrol missions on Planet X for even more XP.

No on the legendary as of now.

I am level 22 and seriously seeking the best way to get the strange coins. I need about 10 of them by Sunday to purchaser a legit piece of armor on the black market.
wee_ag
AG
quote:
I want to do the weekly heroic strike
I keep hearing about these weekly challenges but can't find how they work... you got details?
dfphotos
Having a 4 year old is brutal on game time. Hopefully this weekend.
Ag8556
AG
Been enjoying this game.

Xbone: HAIL Vitas
Saxsoon
AG
Wow having 4 guys able to communicate together in Control and we dominated. Being able to talk strategy is so essential.
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
quote:
Wow having 4 guys able to communicate together in Control and we dominated. Being able to talk strategy is so essential.

Yeah I can see a lot of strategy being used on these maps. I've yet to run into someone playing crucible that also had a headset. It seemed like every single crying 12 yr old had one back in halo days! That may end up being good thing though.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
quote:
I keep hearing about these weekly challenges but can't find how they work... you got details?

You have to unlock them. They are in the strikes playlist.
Saxsoon
AG
They don't allow you to talk to each other if you are not in a fireteam, even if you are on the same team which is a stupid decision
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

You have to unlock them. They are in the strikes playlist.
You unlock the strike list where the randomly match you.. but the weekly one, you have to have your own team (no random matching) --- which is pretty annoying IMO.
Say Chowdah
AG
quote:
I have yet to jump into the Crucible... I'm skeered.

+1
bigbass1170
AG
Crucible is extremely fun, been playing it all day. Although you will get your ass handed to you on your first few fights.
Say Chowdah
AG
quote:
been playing it all day

Which is why I don't want to do it. I play 6 hours a week if I'm lucky. I'm way over my head there.

I played 5 tonight. That represents the longest single stretch in 2014.

But I do love the random team ups! I've done 2 so far that finished. One that failed due to server issues.
jr15aggie
AG
I'm almost level 13 and I'm starting to care about some of the cool stuff I'm getting cause my guys is looking awesomer (not a word, I know). Why do I care... It's a random game character that means nothing, but it's still fun. I found myself going solo at random times and I couldn't help but feel like starlord at the beginning of Guardians of the Galaxy.

If nothing else, Destiny is a pretty bad ass Sci Fi environment. They could really expand this universe in a cool way by giving us new environments / planets and introducing new races. I might have to keep this game and invest in future DLC. I'm really liking it so far.
Ranger222
AG
Anyone having connection problems? A couple of times I have been kicked from a mission because my "firesquad" had lost connection even though I'm playing solo. Once was at the end of a boss battle which really pissed me off.
herb96
AG
Yes, dropped off a couple of times too.
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
quote:
They don't allow you to talk to each other if you are not in a fireteam, even if you are on the same team which is a stupid decision

Oh no wonder no one listens when I'm like hey they're all in this spot or whatever. Been talking to myself like a jackass the whole time, ha. They really need to patch that.
bigbass1170
AG
I've dropped twice but luckily I was on the Tower both times. No other issues so far
SUPAGGIE
Is this game worth getting? The reviews aren't looking good. They say the game is very repetitive.

How's the story mode?

Is the multiplayer fun enough to last a while?
howdydamnit04
AG
Did you like Mass Effect? Because it is extremely similar to that, only way better.
SUPAGGIE
quote:
Did you like Mass Effect? Because it is extremely similar to that, only way better.

I do like mass effect, but do you find that any part of the game is repetitive or boring?
howdydamnit04
AG
Its repetitive, because you can only shoot guys in the head so many different ways and the missions are pretty much that. Oh but still fun.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
The level of repetitiveness really depends on how much of a grinder you are.. I mean, if you want to do every single patrol over and over again to earn even more XP for faction/Vangaurd points so you can get sexy armor faster, then yeah --- the grind can get old. But it might be worth it if you are one of only 20 people with X armor or gun.
Saxsoon
AG
I can see myself doing the grind for my warlock, but it might be a little bit tougher to do this for a Titan and Hunter.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
I can see myself doing the grind for my warlock, but it might be a little bit tougher to do this for a Titan and Hunter.
I plan on spending most of the night post A&M game doing that for my Hunter. He is level 24 -- but I need more strange coins and faction points to get two pieces of legendary armor.
Saxsoon
AG
My buddy and I jumped into the weekly strike not realizing it wasn't matchmaking. We figured as level 20s we could do a level 22 strike no problem because we have done stuff above our level several times.

OMG, we never got past the laser wire mesh waves. We were dead in 30 seconds. I can understand myself sucking, but my friend is actually pretty good at the game and rarely if ever dies. We are both trying to figure out how to get the better armor we need. We have done the strike playlist a couple of times but nothing amazing has dropped. I am going to start grinding for Future War Cult Gear because of the Intellect and Discipline boost and see if I can get some higher level defensive gear. Just short of level 21 right now.
AggieVictor10
AG
You need better weapons. Arc weapons do 300% damage on the heroic strike. That's why they're able to tear you up so quickly. I'd suggest at the very least an Arc fusion rifle. Sniper and/or heavy machine gun with arc damage would probably be better for you.

Also, in this case, it wouldn't be a bad idea to hit level 22+.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
My buddy and I jumped into the weekly strike not realizing it wasn't matchmaking. We figured as level 20s we could do a level 22 strike no problem because we have done stuff above our level several times.

OMG, we never got past the laser wire mesh waves. We were dead in 30 seconds. I can understand myself sucking, but my friend is actually pretty good at the game and rarely if ever dies. We are both trying to figure out how to get the better armor we need. We have done the strike playlist a couple of times but nothing amazing has dropped. I am going to start grinding for Future War Cult Gear because of the Intellect and Discipline boost and see if I can get some higher level defensive gear. Just short of level 21 right now.
Just did the weekly strike with levels 22, 24, and 25 and we barely made it. After lots of dying and restarting from the checkpoint.
Saxsoon
AG
I have nice rare fusion rifles and shotgun, both fire but stuck with a green auto. All are level 18. Every time I get a rare primary, it is a hand cannon
herb96
AG
got through the 1st strike this morning and it took over an hour. 3 more strikes to go, but they look a lot more difficult than the 1st.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.