*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

356,125 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think Bungie fixed it
spieg12
AG
I played the vault of glass yesterday for about 12 hours. Our team of six was way ahead of the time the others had but we eventually had to quit as we ran into enemies that were too high ranked for us. We had three level 27, two level 26, and one 25. The 25 guy couldn't stay alive.

The whole thing is unbelievably difficult but it is also really fun and rewarding. One thing that makes it difficult is there are NO instructions. You have to figure out how to do everything. But there is outrageous loot for passing each area and in loot crates.
Kampfers
AG
Idk, I did it yesterday and had moderate success. Pop a black wax idol and pick up a bunch of glimmer, and in 15 minutes of trying it I got 4 blue engrams. Not a terrible return.

I was, however, shown a chest farming run on Venus that is super easy to complete. And holy ****, I was getting so lucky last night (went back and ran it solo after doing it as a group for a while). Found a ton of blue engrams which leveled up my cryptarch and got me 2 purple engrams, one of which resulted in a pair of legendary gauntlets (my 2nd piece of legendary gear!!!!). Also got zillions of spirit bloom (trade for rep and crucible marks), a lot of glimmer, and a new rare ship.
Thunder18
AG
quote:
Idk, I did it yesterday and had moderate success. Pop a black wax idol and pick up a bunch of glimmer, and in 15 minutes of trying it I got 4 blue engrams. Not a terrible return.

I was, however, shown a chest farming run on Venus that is super easy to complete. And holy ****, I was getting so lucky last night (went back and ran it solo after doing it as a group for a while). Found a ton of blue engrams which leveled up my cryptarch and got me 2 purple engrams, one of which resulted in a pair of legendary gauntlets (my 2nd piece of legendary gear!!!!). Also got zillions of spirit bloom (trade for rep and crucible marks), a lot of glimmer, and a new rare ship.

Where on venus were you farming? My buddy got a badass orange chest armor piece playing crucible last night...it was literally worth 1/3 of his overall defense base
Kampfers
AG
quote:
quote:

Where on venus were you farming? My buddy got a badass orange chest armor piece playing crucible last night...it was literally worth 1/3 of his overall defense base

When you spawn in free roam, go immediately to the left. you'll end up where there are a bunch of fallen guys including one captain that regularly respawn. You can either ignore them or kill them each time. I usually kill them, it's not hard and there is the potential for a drop. But the key is checking the caves. There are 7 caves that spawn chests in that general vicinity. You check them in a loop, once you are done, you speed off to a cave on the opposite side of that zone (near the 3 vandals kind of by themselves) that also has the potential to spawn a chest. When you do that, those 7 caves reset and you can go back and check them again.

What pisses me off more than anything is when I'm farming a chest run like that or the one on Mars (the circular one with the Vex & the Cabal) & some other group of *******s shows up and starts ****ing around on the opposite side of my run, effectively preventing all the chests from resetting. If someone is obviously doing a chest run, either follow their lead or **** off. Don't try and do the exact same chest run on the opposite side. That happened a few times last night, twice with the same group of people. The last time it happened I just sat my character down in the middle so no chests would respawn and went and made myself a snack until the other guys finally ****ed off.

There is another Venus zone I've had success farming & that is the Ishtar commons, where the dregs and goblins spawn in large numbers. Very similar to the moon mission in that you're reliant on enemies dropping engrams rather than chests. I just like the chest run better. The chests are nice because you get engrams, gear, glimmer, and spirit blooms which can be exchanged for crucible or vanguard marks & rep (and also used to upgrade certain high level gear).
SF2004
AG
This game is getting crushed on another sandbox I visit.

People really pissed off once they hit the higher levels. Also that the raid is almost in accessible.
Saxsoon
AG
Might try and give the weekly strike a shot tonight finally hit 24. Not too far off now in buying some legendary armor from Fwc armor just about level 2. Have enough for one piece. I am not going to rely on the rng because my first purple engram dropped last night and it was legendary gauntlets, for a hunter.
AggieChemE09
AG
Got up to lvl 21 yesterday. Won't be on till Friday though
jr15aggie
AG
I'm going from LOVING this game to sorta ready to be done with it. It has nothing to do with the game being fun and everything to do with limited time to play. I guessed it right before launch... that 1st week would be the most fun I'd have with the game. A week later we are all spread out across different ranking levels and some of us are actually still slowly working through the story missions. I've played with several TexAg guys and it's been fun every time, but I haven't seen that many people on that are where I am (just now playing through Venus).

I think my problem in general is that I'm a completionist... I like to complete the games that I play. This game is more about the grind and getting better loot, new weekly strikes, future DLC, etc... and that aspect of the game has no ending. It's like I could totally get addicted to it, but I really don't want to and don't have the time. I think I'll complete the story missions and do as much co-op as I can... just have fun with it for a little while... and then I'll be done and ready for more traditional games.

jeffk
AG
Yeah, I'm probably going to end up reselling.

Not enough time at the moment and I hate that in order to play with my friends, they'd have to "condescend" back down to my level. Plus, as fun as it is, it's far from the game-changer it was billed as.

I think I would have really enjoyed this game three years ago.
Thunder18
AG
I just wish the campaign was longer. Me and my 2 friends ran through the entire campaign in probably less than 15 hours last week. Now we are all just grinding to get better loot for the strikes and raids, which is OK...but we were all expecting a lot more from the main story. Still having fun and enjoying the game, but don't know how long it will keep my attention once Evolve, Halo:MC and Advanced Warfare drop
slickag2007
AG
I am still loving it. And now that I'm almost a level 20 I can actually keep up in Crucible matches. I know for a fact that after a while, I'll probably switch and start another character. Most likely a Hunter. I agree that the story could be seen as a little lackluster. I'd be down to play any of the missions again with anyone. I think they're fun even after I've already seen them.
Kampfers
AG
I don't get the people upset about the level cap and the loot drops. It is supposed to be difficult to find the best loot. It's endgame gear. Don't get mad that you can't get the best gear immediately, because if you could, then you'd just complain that the game is too short.

You can get up to a level 24 without any legendary gear though and it's really not too difficult to reach if you're willing to put in a bit of time.

As far as those still working their way through the game - just because your friends are advanced doesn't mean they won't play with you... I wouldn't mind going back and doing some of those old missions. The odds of getting a loot drop don't change depending on the level of the enemy. Don't worry about them being overleveled because it will cap the max damage you can do depending on the level of the enemy. And of course those who play the most will likely have a secondary character they could use to join up with you (just started a Sunsinger Warlock myself).

When I get on at night, I basically have 2 priorities. #1, do the daily heroic mission. #2, grind out quests to level up New Monarchy & engrams to level up the cryptarch. Whether I do that playing the crucible, farming chests, or replaying old missions is really of no concern.

I think you're going to miss out on a lot of fun if you ditch the game because you're worried about "keeping up". Yes, it will take you longer to get to 20+, but once you get there you're pretty much set and can participate in anything.
PatAg
AG
As someone else with limited time, I am having plenty of fun just doing crucible. If I ever get a guaranteed 2-3 hours uninterrupted, I'll do some more story/strike stuff.
jarAGGIE05
AG
jr15aggie, hit me and JDAggie up anytime we're on. Lately we've been playing with my nephew, so we've had the limit of 3 people, but we'd also play in the crucible so we can still join up. Storywise, I'm just finishing up some of the Venus missions and able to go to Mars, but we're level 21, 20, and my nephew is 25. We haven't finished the story because we keep getting sidetracked with bounties; both vanguard and crucible.

I am personally LOVING this game. Yes, the story is very meh, but that's not really why I'm playing it anyway. My only complaint is the LONG A** load times. They could have made this way more efficient if instead of going back to orbit before going anywhere, you could just select where you want to go straight from where you are originally. The only reason I need to sit in orbit is when I'm waiting for my fireteam to join up.
agfan2013
AG
I'm enjoying the game and it helps that the two guys I party up with regularly are only a couple of levels above me.

Not to be a smug smartass but I did predict this, that destiny was going to be a game where you needed to invest a large amount of time and grind away at it. This game wasn't really designed where you put in an hour or two every 3 or 4 days, especially if you have friends who are playing it a lot more than you are.

I'm just doing one character as a hunter, maxing out the default subclass and then moving over to the bladedancer, probably won't buy any DLC and might not play much after the new lord of the rings and AC games. This kind of is like watchdogs in it was once again overhyped and people thought it was going to be a perfect game, but in reality it has some very shallow areas (story and plot being one of the big ones)
texasproof
Let's be honest, the game is at it's best when you're playing with a friend or two. Going solo is still fun but it's just not the same experience. My buddy and I ran the Moon farming mission for about an hour last night and had a great time just because we were doing it together.
Saxsoon
AG
I would compare it to Watch Dogs except I couldn't wait to finish it and trade it in. This won't be happening for me personally.
Saxsoon
AG
Any ps4 guys want to run the weekly strike around 8ish central. A buddy and I want to give it a shot. I am a 24 void Walker and he is a 24 bladedancer
slickag2007
AG
Which one is the weekly strike this week?
Saxsoon
AG
Moon I believe
SECivil Ag-11
AG
quote:
Any ps4 guys want to run the weekly strike around 8ish central. A buddy and I want to give it a shot. I am a 24 void Walker and he is a 24 bladedancer
I would, except I just hit level 20
Saxsoon
AG
I tried at level 20 and died in 30 seconds at the wire mesh 3 wave area last week at 20. It was awful.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
quote:
I would, except I just hit level 20
I am in. I am a level 25 bladedancer. PSN: TheForrestFires

Also --- I think I need to make a second character that is a Titan that can make those bubbles.. Those guys are lifesavers.
Saxsoon
AG
If I am running a little late, go ahead and message me anyway over PSN since I have the android app to answer.
kill0509
AG
I'd be down for some strikes soon. Still grinding my way up. Level 20 titan right now on ps4 and can't get a helmet to drop for nothing right now so i can have a comolete set of light armor.lol The bubble shield has been a game changer on our runs to pick up a downed teammate!!
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
If I am running a little late, go ahead and message me anyway over PSN since I have the android app to answer.
Which is your PSN? Also, can we just knock out the daily while we are at it? Maybe warm up with the Daily since it is not as hard.
Christopherna11
AG
lvl20 titan, Most of my friends are on XBOX so looking for some guys to play with on the PS4.

PSN: The_Seeker11

I want to grind out 20 plus but finding little hard with no one to really play with.
kill0509
AG
My PSN is the same as my TexAgs: kill0509
Saxsoon
AG
Saxsoon
Saxsoon
AG
Stuck late at work, sorry Ph D
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
No worries.. I will just do a few bounties.
fta09
AG
I did my first strike mission tonight. That was fun, and a bit of a challenge since the third player dropped out after the first boss.

Also, I tried this farming spot just for kicks. I gained two levels (up to 14) and got a lot of gear. When I got there, four or five other people were already there farming. Just before I left, there were only 2-3 of us, but it was still doable. Great spot for you level 20+ people.
zgood10
AG
I'm slow as ****. Just got to level 8
PatAg
AG
So apparently, crucible just becomes light level 24-26 clowns sprinting everywhere with shotguns or fusion rifles. Don't worry abuot gaining any skill at this game. If all else fails, you can just use your titan or warlock ult and kill the whole room

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.