*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

356,120 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
jarAGGIE05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
So, i did the raid on hard Saturday and got the Chest piece. Last night, I did hard on my 2nd warlock and got the gloves. So now i have everything i need to get to 30, just got to level it up.

The RNG in this game is ridiculous. I made 2 warlocks, got them both to 29 and did the raid a total of 16 times before i got enough gear for 30.
I can't take total credit for this idea (GigEmAggies06, XBL: JDAggie06), but they could easily address the frustration for not getting pieces of raid gear after a large number of tries. Introduce a new mark; raid marks. You can earn 5 per week and can only have a max of 10. After a full raid completion, you get a raid mark (2 or 3 for hard) that can be used just like vanguard and crucible marks? There could be a new vender, similar to Xur (could even be Xur), that shows up on weekends that sells one piece of raid gear per week. The pieces could just rotate every week so that people can't just acquire all the pieces for 30 at once. Gauntlets, Chest, and boots could sell for 5 marks and 5000 glimmer (we need more of a reason to hoard glimmer), and helm could sell for 10 and 10,000 glimmer. Heck, it could sell for a combination of these marks, glimmer, and strange coins. They could also sell one of raid weapons. As new raids are made available, those items could be rotated in and would cost more.

I'm not completely opposed to RNG loot, but there ought to be some answer for those people who just always get sour luck when it comes to loot drops. Even if they come at a heavy cost, I think people would like that they have some control over reaching the max level in the game. Plus they should come at a heavy cost. This raid gear is the most sought after gear in the game. More so than exotics, because you're not limited to equipping just one.

Thoughts?
TexasAggie_02
AG
yeah, lots of people on reddit and other boards have been screaming for raid marks for awhile, and i agree with that. You could even had raid rep, and make certain pieces available at a certain rep. You could get rep for completing different objectives in the raid (beating each stage, stepping on every piece in the jump puzzle, make it through the gorgons on the first try, killing a gorgon, etc).

i also wish there was an ascendant materials converter. I have gotten enough shards to level 2 characters up to level 29, and still have 90 shards left over. I am in dire need of energy right now. I would gladly give up 2+ shards for 1 energy. It could go the other way for people that need to convert energy to shards.
Bryan98
AG
After1life - that Mirakuru guy is now saying that he believes he was mistaken about the Nightfall buff affecting IB rep gains - he forgot he had the Tempered buff active. Others are also saying that it didn't affect IB rep last time.
AggieChemE09
AG
Good catch. Edited out.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Good catch. Edited out.

To be fair, there's a lot of confusion about it on Reddit right now. I suspect by tonight there will be video evidence one way or another.
Saxsoon
AG
Of course they do this as Dragon Age comes out
jtbru8508
AG
What is Iron Banner gear? Is it equivalent to Raid gear? I didn't have the game yet last time IB was available.
cr0wbar
AG
quote:
IRON BANNER INFORMATION (STOLEN FROM REDDIT)

STAT RE-ROLLS

Cost - 2 motes of light, equip the item and talk to LS

WARNING - THIS IS A ONE TIME USE ITEM AND ACTIVATES ON PURCHASE LASTING 12 HOURS!!
The potency of this buff increases daily to allow for players with busier schedules to catch up towards the end of the event - however its currently not known what % the buff increases daily.
  • DAY 1 - 10%; (/u/TheMirakuru)
  • DAY 2 - ??%;
  • DAY 3 - ??%;
  • DAY 4 - ??%;
  • DAY 5 - ??%;
  • DAY 6 - ??%;
  • DAY 7 - ??%.

• NIGHTFALL DOES NOT BOOST YOUR REP!
    So this Iron Banner only lasts for the week? Unlike Queens which was 2-3 weeks?

What the hell is a stat re-rolls?!
    TexasAggie_02
    AG
    quote:
    What the hell is a stat re-rolls?!

iron banner weapons can have random perks that you upgrade (like increased mag, armor piercing rounds, etc). When you buy a weapon, the stats you get are random. If you don't like the stats you have, you can pay to "re-roll" it, and get a different random set.
    AggieChemE09
    AG
    In terms of the amount of light you get from the gear, yes. The IB gear is equivalent to Raid Gear, in which, they both give you +30 Light. The perks however are not as good as the Raid Gear.
    Tex117
    AG
    quote:

02 - I've lost count of how many times I've completed the raid with my two Warlocks; no boots so far. Also no Atheon's Epilogue, the weapon that I wanted the most. RNGdammit.

Its only good in very specific situations. Void burns and it can shred oracles, but eff, it just doesn't hit hard enough to use in any other situation. It was my first raid weapon. I still use it for the oracle shredding capability (can two man a portal on atheon on normal with it), but its begrudgingly.

Raid marks is a fantastic idea. I have ran the raid 8 times and not one single armor drop. It is excedingly irritating.

Through the entire rest of the game, the game gives you an outlet to level all the way up. Don't get lucky on your legendary drops? Grind away the vanguard and buy it. Not getting exotic drops? Ol' Xur will be there to help you out.

Then, at the tailend of an absolute grindfest, you have zero control over whether you hit the max level. Ugh.
    cr0wbar
    AG
    thanks for the answers guys.

guess I know what I'll be doing this week...
    AggieChemE09
    AG
    quote:
    There is a vendor that sells a buff that gives you increased rep, it will activate automatically and last for 12 hours. So do NOT buy it until you are ready to grind away for a better part of that time.

This has been clarified by Bungie.

Today you can buy the Buff for increased Rep (+10% Today), and it will last you for 12 hours. Once it's duration is over, it will reappear at the vendor, and you can buy it again.

Each day the available buff will increase in strength... So tomorrow it might be worth an extra 15% or 20% rep.

Each Buff costs 1 mote of light, buy them as often as you can.
    Bryan98
    AG
    http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2mosty/rank_from_05_in_iron_banner_a_look_at_some_numbers/

Good info on how long you should have to grind to get rank 5, although it's not a perfect model. He says 8-10 hours. Rank 3 is all I need, and takes less than half the total rep that rank 5 does, so I'm guessing 3-5 hours to get my boots.
    AggieChemE09
    AG
    I dont trust strangers with spreadsheets. I made my own

Tex117
    AG
    Yeah, but that spreadsheet assumes bounty completion every day. Those can be tough if you are not a strong pvp player.
    AggieChemE09
    AG
    The bounties I assume are:

"Hard Forged: Earn 10k XP in IB" for 100 rep
    "Iron Embrace: Defeat 10 guardians with a CQB Melee while in IB" for 100 rep

I assume similarly easy ones will be available tomorrow, feel free to make a copy of mine with your own assumptions
    Saxsoon
    AG
    Yeah most iron banner bounties are pretty ridiculous but those seem pretty easy to nail. Gonna at least play a little tonight to get those bounties
    Bryan98
    AG
    The Bounties this time are much easier on average; last time they were crazy hard, and Bungie seems to have really listened to all the IB feedback they received.

Of course, there's still one today for getting a 10-kill streak, which I doubt I've ever done. Not sure I've gotten 5 more than once.
    Bryan98
    AG
    Well, thanks to XBL's wonikness last night I only made it to nearly the halfway point to rank 2 between the few matches and bounties I was able to complete. I'd guess I earned about 680 rep during a very shaky night.

The Tempered buff is 14% today, up from 10%.
    AggieChemE09
    AG
    After mutiple failed attempts at matchmaking (thanks to xb1), I just ran VoG last night instead. Got nothing of course. Hopefully tonight the servers are better!

If I can get to Rank 2 tonight with the 14% increase, then assuming we get an 18% bonus tomorrow, still looking at like 14Hrs of game play.
    Bryan98
    AG
    quote:
    After mutiple failed attempts at matchmaking (thanks to xb1), I just ran VoG last night instead. Got nothing of course. Hopefully tonight the servers are better!

If I can get to Rank 2 tonight with the 14% increase, then assuming we get an 18% bonus tomorrow, still looking at like 14Hrs of game play.

Yeah, I'm definitely revising my estimate upwards after last night, though at the same time, I realize that at best I got in half the matches that I would have had Xbox Live been running normally.

By the way, it appears to me that doing Iron Banner also awards Crucible rep and marks, which is pretty sweet. I think I completed more Crucible bounties than IB bounties last night. I may hit rank 3 this week, and then I'd have to decide if I want to finally buy that void fusion rifle or just figure on banking my marks for the expansion - I'm guessing vendors might have new gear then, but I haven't heard anything to that effect.

The fact that you can level up your exotics in the expansion to keep them relevant leads me to believe that there will be higher-powered legendaries (possibly 32 Light armor, 320 attack weapons?) in the expansion. Don't know if some will be available from vendors, or just from the raid, etc.

There's apparently a rare fusion rifle you can get from the new quest giver that will upgrade to legendary and can be toggled between arc damage and solar damage, the two types that will be useful in a raid where the Hive is the enemy.
    JonLobb
    If the 8-10 hour estimate posted earlier holds true, i'm pumped.

I played 5 games last night, won 3 of them, and completed 2 bounties.

Even if I take away some time to complete the daily and the days PvE bounties, I should still be able to get to level 5 and buy both pieces of armor by the end of the week.

wooo wooo
    Bryan98
    AG
    quote:
    If the 8-10 hour estimate posted earlier holds true, i'm pumped.

I played 5 games last night, won 3 of them, and completed 2 bounties.

Even if I take away some time to complete the daily and the days PvE bounties, I should still be able to get to level 5 and buy both pieces of armor by the end of the week.

wooo wooo

Here's some good news: You only need rank 4 to get both pieces of armor. I think rank 5 only has a Scout Rifle and a shader.
    JonLobb
    I also noticed that as a level 29 with full upgrades to my weapons and armor I was doing MUCH better in IB than I do in crucible. My handcannon was swatting people like flies left and right.

I'm rarely in the top 3 players on my team, but I was #1 or #2 in every game I played last night.
    Bryan98
    AG
    Got the boots tonight! Finally have the gear to hit 30!
    Bryan98
    AG
    The fireteam I raided with last night all did Iron Banner together after VoG, and I have to say, playing Control with a full team of cool people on voice chat was a blast. Definitely one of the best things to come out of this Iron Banner event. I'll hope to do that several more times this week.

By the way, the Tempered buff is up to 25% today. So it has gone 10%, 14-15% (opinions differ), then 25%. If it keeps scaling like this, it will be extremely powerful for players this weekend.
    JonLobb
    I finished level 1 last night, then finally got Atheon's Epilogue from the raid. Level 29 + legendary auto rifle, I'm ready to tear **** up tonight.
    TexasAggie_02
    AG
    i got to 30 last night, and jumped into two Iron Banner games before bed. It was a blast.
    Bryan98
    AG
    quote:
    I finished level 1 last night, then finally got Atheon's Epilogue from the raid. Level 29 + legendary auto rifle, I'm ready to tear **** up tonight.

Nice. I've been raiding on two characters for weeks, and even have two Hard Mode Atheon kills, still no Epilogue. It was the weapon I most wanted from VoG. I can't complain after getting boots, helm, and the Mythoclast in the last 6 days, though.

I haven't noticed too many low-level players in IB, nor too many 30s. I guess 30s don't have much incentive to do it. Even though my boots dropping last night serve as a "get out of IB free" card, I plan to continue doing it just for fun and possibly to acquire all the buff items for use in future Iron Banner events. I'll get the first shader tonight at rank 2, and it takes rank 4 to get the class item which is the final piece that buffs your rep gains. Wouldn't mind getting the Fusion Rifle you can buy, either, since I have no legendary fusion rifles.

Tonight, I have to farm a ton of relic iron to upgrade my boots, Regime, and Found Verdict, all parts of my PvP loadout.
    TexasAggie_02
    AG
    Trailer for "The Dark Below" has been leaked. Apparently it was part of that 2.5 GB update everyone got. Someone experienced a glitch with their navigator, which allowed them to accept it. Looks like they intended for everyone to be able to watch this eventually, to fuel more DLC sales.

JonLobb
    quote:
    Trailer for "The Dark Below" has been leaked. Apparently it was part of that 2.5 GB update everyone got. Someone experienced a glitch with their navigator, which allowed them to accept it. Looks like they intended for everyone to be able to watch this eventually, to fuel more DLC sales.

wood

I love the moon and hive missions so much more than vex and venus crap that it's not even close.

I'm super pumped for this update.
    herb96
    AG
    Anyone up for VoG tonight? Think agmaniacmike and I will try to get a group started.
    gt: D0ndeEstaElBano
    Thunder18
    AG
    Looks way more badass than the VoG
    Bryan98
    AG
    Donde - You left out an "a". Just friended you.

I'm almost certainly relic iron farming and IB'ing with friends tonight. Y'all are running normal mode?

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.