*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

357,220 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
Bryan98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Disappointed in Xur today. Don't do Handcannons, though I may give it a whirl for the poops and giggles. Just hard to use a primary Exotic when all of my secondaries are exotic. Already got voidfang from the nightfall this week. Just need a damn helmet!!!

I agree about exotic primaries. Icebreaker and Gjallarhorn are so good, and so unique, that I don't really use an exotic primary when raiding. I do like the Suros Regime in PvP, where you seldom have access to heavy ammo anyway.

Xur is selling an exotic helm engram this week, if you have 23 motes and fancy taking your chances. I feel like those are the best engrams to buy, since even if you get an exotic helm for a different class, that's a big help for the future if you decide to try that class out.

I've got 47 coins right now but I'm not sure I'm going to buy anything this week.
AggieChemE09
AG
Upgrade your sparrow! Buy Heavy Ammo! Buy weapon XP booster thingys!
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Upgrade your sparrow! Buy Heavy Ammo! Buy weapon XP booster thingys!

Upgrading my sparrow is actually the thing that might get me to spend some coins this week. Heavy Ammo is a pretty good deal. I love telemetries, but I don't think I need the ones he's selling this week - I bought several varieties last week, and used the scout rifle version to finish leveling Vision of Confluence.
GigEmAggies06
AG
Snagged The Last Word from Xur and played around with it for a bit. Not too bad. Extremely fast fire rate for a hand cannon. Looking forward to leveling it up to try out the perks although hip firing will take some getting used to.

I can't pull up the post at work to link here, but Bungie posted their weekly update yesterday. Looks like Iron Banner will be making a return next week, but tweaked to make level advantages more noticeable. They don't spell out details on how they can be acquired (assuming they can be bought after reaching a certain IB rank), but IB will have boots and gloves that can be leveled up to the 30 light needed to reach lvl 30 which is great for my warlock who is still missing his boots after 10+ runs. Also, they will begin allowing the ability to opt in to chat with matchmade teams in crucible and strikes.
jarAGGIE05
AG
quote:
Disappointed in Xur today. Don't do Handcannons, though I may give it a whirl for the poops and giggles. Just hard to use a primary Exotic when all of my secondaries are exotic. Already got voidfang from the nightfall this week. Just need a damn helmet!!!

Hand Cannons have become my favorite primary. If you're a good shot, they destroy in PvE. My "Fatebringer" is my most used gun. I'm pretty excited to check this gun out.
Arkyd
AG
Would anyone on XboxOne be up for running the weekly heroic strike sometime this evening? I'd really like to get my hands on the Armamentarium titan chest, but I'm a few strange coins short. SN is Arkyd...
jarAGGIE05
AG
quote:
Would anyone on XboxOne be up for running the weekly heroic strike sometime this evening? I'd really like to get my hands on the Armamentarium titan chest, but I'm a few strange coins short. SN is Arkyd...
If I'm on Destiny, shoot me an invite. XB1 GT: JRyder05
JonLobb
quote:
quote:
Hand Cannons have become my favorite primary. If you're a good shot, they destroy in PvE. My "Fatebringer" is my most used gun. I'm pretty excited to check this gun out.
agreed. Being able to one-shot the majority of mobs is pretty excellent
slickag2007
AG
Voidfang Vestments are really great. I bought those a few weeks ago, and It has made my PvP a lot better. Isn't really helping me right now since I am leveling my Sunsinger class up, but I'll probably switch back to Voidwalker after that.
Tex117
AG
Handcannon user checking in. Today is a great day with Xur as The Last Word is one of the few guns im looking for. I am only lookin for ONE MORE GUN to complete my armory.

Hawkmoon. Please.

Handcannons are great because you need to change your playstyle a little bit to use them effectively. You need to be a little close, but you really need to get the crit shots. It can be fun and frantic. Hunter gunsliger class can really get the most out of these weapons as the Chain of Woe and Gunslinger Trance stack and the reload speed becomes less of a problem.
Saxsoon
AG
Use Voidfang as a sunsinger in PVP and you can get 2 grenades at spawn which is deadly
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Use Voidfang as a sunsinger in PVP and you can get 2 grenades at spawn which is deadly

Yeah, I want it for this, but apparently this week's Voidfang has a lowish stat roll, so I'm skipping it. That plus I'm saving my motes for an exotic chest engram, as I have exotic helms for two classes already and have no exotic chests (and I'm dying to get Heart of Praxic Fire, like all Warlocks).

If that's Greek to anybody, Exotic Weapons all have set stats. Every Icebreaker is the same at the time you get it.

Armor, including exotic armor, has randomly assigned stats. According to the folks on Reddit, this week's Armamentarium is fantastic, and this week's Voidfang is on the lower side of things. Now, if an exotic chest was all I needed to hit 30, I'd jump all over it anyway.
FriendlyAg
What's the point of a subclass? Just different options on how you want to play?
tamusc
AG
quote:
What's the point of a subclass? Just different options on how you want to play?

Basically, yeah. Also gives you different damage types for your grenades and super.
Bryan98
AG
FWIW the most common subclasses people look for when raiding are Sunsinger, Defender, and Gunslinger.
FriendlyAg
quote:
FWIW the most common subclasses people look for when raiding are Sunsinger, Defender, and Gunslinger.

So the main ones
Tex117
AG
quote:
There is also a use for Bladedancer's invisibility perk when trying to solo a gate keeper, but thats a very specific situation. Bladedancer also wrecks in pvp.

That said, if you are looking to raid, stick with gunslinger, golden gun can come in handy with orcales AND...Its my favorite class of all the classes actually.
Saxsoon
AG
Sunsinger is pretty important not just for the revive but for the ability to up everyone's grenade spawns so you can cheese the Templar.
FriendlyAg
I'm a gunslinger. I like all of the abilities
millertyme
AG
Can someone post the link of the website that lets you find strike teams?
Bryan98
AG
http://destinylfg.net

http://www.reddit.com/r/fireteams/new
Bryan98
AG
If any 30s want VoG Hard Mode after the game, message Fedaykin98. I have an Oracles checkpoint and at least one 30 so far, possibly two. Need people to handle the relic.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
If any 30s want VoG Hard Mode after the game, message Fedaykin98. I have an Oracles checkpoint and at least one 30 so far, possibly two. Need people to handle the relic.
PS4?
Bryan98
AG
Sorry, that was XB1. And I HATE it when people forget to list system! XD
AggieStout
AG
quote:
Handcannon user checking in. Today is a great day with Xur as The Last Word is one of the few guns im looking for. I am only lookin for ONE MORE GUN to complete my armory.

Hawkmoon. Please.

Handcannons are great because you need to change your playstyle a little bit to use them effectively. You need to be a little close, but you really need to get the crit shots. It can be fun and frantic. Hunter gunsliger class can really get the most out of these weapons as the Chain of Woe and Gunslinger Trance stack and the reload speed becomes less of a problem.

If you are playing on x box then you will have to wait awhile as this gun (hawkmoon) is only for playstation currently.
AggieChemE09
AG
Nightfall this week is Devil's Lair
  • Epic
  • Angry
  • Lightswitch
  • Arc Burn
  • Nightfall
Iron Banner also starts up this week. I will be running this to get my +30 Light boots at Reputation Lvl 3. There is a vendor that sells a buff that gives you increased rep, it will activate automatically and last for 12 hours. So do NOT buy it until you are ready to grind away for a better part of that time.
JonLobb
What do you buy Iron Banner gear with?

Do you actually have to do well in the games to level up, or just show up?
AggieChemE09
AG
Glimmer.

You can buy boots at Rep 3. (9950 Glimmer)

You can buy gloves at Rep 4. (9950 Glimmer)

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2mnfg2/iron_banner_new_gear_and_other_changes/
Bryan98
AG
quote:
What do you buy Iron Banner gear with?

Do you actually have to do well in the games to level up, or just show up?

You need to win at least every sixth match in order not to fall behind on the rep grind.

Doing well will result in completing the IB bounties faster/more regularly, which will help.

Also keep in mind that gear advantages are enabled for IB.

I plan to, like After1ife, PvP my brains out for rank 3 and those boots to finally hit 30.
JonLobb
I wonder how long this is going to take to get to rep 4. I need the gloves and the boots
TexasAggie_02
AG
So, i did the raid on hard Saturday and got the Chest piece. Last night, I did hard on my 2nd warlock and got the gloves. So now i have everything i need to get to 30, just got to level it up.

The RNG in this game is ridiculous. I made 2 warlocks, got them both to 29 and did the raid a total of 16 times before i got enough gear for 30.
Tex117
AG
How long does it take to rank up in Iron Banner? It cant be like the vanguard can it? That would be miserable.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
I wonder how long this is going to take to get to rep 4. I need the gloves and the boots

Don't buy the Tempered buff until later in the week. Supposedly, the buff is stronger later in the week. It lasts 12 hours, so buying it on Saturday or Sunday would presumably get it near its peak power and at a time when the average player can play the most.

02 - I've lost count of how many times I've completed the raid with my two Warlocks; no boots so far. Also no Atheon's Epilogue, the weapon that I wanted the most. RNGdammit.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
How long does it take to rank up in Iron Banner? It cant be like the vanguard can it? That would be miserable.

It kind of has to be faster, because after this time IB rep will fully reset every time they do it. Getting to Vanguard rank 3 in a week would be impossible for just about anyone with a job or in school, etc.
AggieChemE09
AG
IRON BANNER INFORMATION (STOLEN FROM REDDIT)

STAT RE-ROLLS

Cost - 2 motes of light, equip the item and talk to LS
IRON BANNER RANKS & REWARDS:
RANK 1 - 100 EXP
Rewards
  • Iron Banner Emblem - 2400 gimmer (/u/pryan37bb)
  • RANK 2 - 1200 EXP /u/m3ghost
    Rewards:
  • Iron Banner Shader - 7500 glimmer (/u/pryan37bb)
  • RANK 3 - 2400 EXP
    Rewards:
  • 2 sets of boots (light 30) - 9950 glimmer.
  • RANK 4 - 2400 EXP
    Rewards:
  • Peruns Fire - Legendary Fusion Rifle - 11500 glimmer;
  • 2 sets of gauntlets (light 30) - 9950 glimmer;
  • Iron Banner Class Item - ? glimmer.
  • RANK 5 - 2400 EXP
    Rewards:
  • Gheleon's Demise (Legendary Scout Rifle) - 11500 glimmer;
  • Iron Banner Shader - 7500 glimmer (/u/pryan37bb)
  • EXPERIANCE GAINS
    A win: 50 Exp
    A loss: You will gain a medallion, this will be cashed in on your next win - max medallions that can be held are 5. Your next win will grant you 90 Exp (50 for the win + 40 for the medallion) 10% buffs also work on medallions
    e.g. (50 + 40) x 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.1 = 120 Exp (/u/m3ghost) & (/u/jmkreth)
    EQUIPABLE BUFFS
    Equipping the Emblem: +10% (/u/KodiakDuck)
    Equipping the shader: + 10% (/u/KodiakDuck)
    Equipping the class item: +10% (/u/KodiakDuck)
    Equipping all 3 items = 50 x 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.1 = 66 Exp (/u/KodiakDuck) (/u/R2k14)
    Given 66 exp for a win and 8500 Exp to reach rank 5 you will need 129 wins *not including tempered or bounties.
    NOTE. The above is only true if you already have the 3 items from the previous IB, if your starting from scratch your progression (not including tempering/bounties) shall be:
  • 2 wins needed to get to Rank 1. (1st class item gives 1.1 x 50 (55 Exp))
  • 22 wins to get to Rank 2. (2nd class item gives 1.1 x 1.1 x 50 (60 Exp))
  • 40 wins to get to Rank 3.
  • 40 wins to get to Rank 4. (3rd class item gives 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.1 x 50 (66 Exp))
  • 36 wins to get to Rank 5.
  • So that totals to 140 wins. but with temper buffs and bounties it'll obviously be quicker than time spent winning 140 games. (/u/itachiuchiha64)
    NEW - TEMPERED BUFF
    WARNING - THIS IS A ONE TIME USE ITEM AND ACTIVATES ON PURCHASE LASTING 12 HOURS!!
    The potency of this buff increases daily to allow for players with busier schedules to catch up towards the end of the event - however its currently not known what % the buff increases daily.
  • DAY 1 - 10%; (/u/TheMirakuru)
  • DAY 2 - ??%;
  • DAY 3 - ??%;
  • DAY 4 - ??%;
  • DAY 5 - ??%;
  • DAY 6 - ??%;
  • DAY 7 - ??%.

• NIGHTFALL DOES NOT BOOST YOUR REP!

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.