*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

362,392 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by LPHA
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sunsinger has saved my team from a wide. Usually my hunter buddy with invisibility is our nurse but on a couple of occasions all of us wiped and I was able to come back. It is also a good idea to leave a sunsinger behind if the team can't be reached and have them return to orbit to respawn. That way the sunsinger has a second chance if they slip up.
AggieKatie2
AG
Sorry for not responding last night. I'm on XB1. Will probably play some tonight @845 or so.
AggieChemE09
AG
quote:
Edit: Atheon's Epilogue is HANDS-DOWN the best PRIMARY oracle killer.
I got fed up with people telling me to switch to VoC because it does more damage than AE for oracles. I was nearly booted from a group because people thought I was the problem. They wanted me to switch to Fatebringer because Atheon's Epilogue was dragging us down.
I've done weapon DPS testing in the past, and that SHOULD be true, but oracles are not normal enemies. Hell, they aren't even majors or ultras. They are oracles.
I borrowed some data I collected HERE[1] , and added a bit from testing I just did:
VoCAEpFBr*: Depending on Field Scout.
So, funny story. While Fatebringer is the best on trash, it is the worst on oracles.
Also, you deal full damage to oracles regardless of level.
I'm almost positive oracles gain health the longer they are up. I've oneshot a HM oracle with Golden Gun, but I need to shoot it the instant it pops up. Anything later, and it doesn't die. Just try it. I've also noticed that they die in much fewer shots if I am staring where they spawn and fire instantly.
What does Oracle Disruptor do? Well, find out HERE[2] . Thanks, /u/iMalevolence [3] ! TL;DR: 499 damage on a 2.5 internal cooldown.
Link

I found this interesting. I agree with his assessment as I have switched from my VoC to my AEp recently and noticed the increased speed of killing oracles. I still used my VoC for adds since I can control the damage alot easier, but the AEp has it's place.
Bryan98
AG
I thought that was a solid post as well. Now I just need the Epilogue to drop for me, along with boots.

Anyone done the Nighfall yet? Did you just use the cheese spots in the final boss room?
Thunder18
AG
If you are already at lvl 20 it shouldnt take more than a day or two to level sunsinger up all the way. Strikes and bounties
bearamedic99
AG
So I'm doing the 200 kills with a fusion rifle during Nightfall for the Pocket Infinity. I have yet to figure it out but I can wander to other maps for easier targets and sometimes the kills count, other times not. I can't tell the difference.
Tex117
AG
quote:
quote:
Edit: Atheon's Epilogue is HANDS-DOWN the best PRIMARY oracle killer.
I got fed up with people telling me to switch to VoC because it does more damage than AE for oracles. I was nearly booted from a group because people thought I was the problem. They wanted me to switch to Fatebringer because Atheon's Epilogue was dragging us down.
I've done weapon DPS testing in the past, and that SHOULD be true, but oracles are not normal enemies. Hell, they aren't even majors or ultras. They are oracles.
I borrowed some data I collected HERE[1] , and added a bit from testing I just did:
VoCAEpFBr*: Depending on Field Scout.
So, funny story. While Fatebringer is the best on trash, it is the worst on oracles.
Also, you deal full damage to oracles regardless of level.
I'm almost positive oracles gain health the longer they are up. I've oneshot a HM oracle with Golden Gun, but I need to shoot it the instant it pops up. Anything later, and it doesn't die. Just try it. I've also noticed that they die in much fewer shots if I am staring where they spawn and fire instantly.
What does Oracle Disruptor do? Well, find out HERE[2] . Thanks, /u/iMalevolence [3] ! TL;DR: 499 damage on a 2.5 internal cooldown.
Link

I found this interesting. I agree with his assessment as I have switched from my VoC to my AEp recently and noticed the increased speed of killing oracles. I still used my VoC for adds since I can control the damage alot easier, but the AEp has it's place.
Absolutely this. That was my first raid weapon to drop and got all excited. I hopped on line and the reviews were lackluster. I went ahead and upgraded it all the way up until I had to start using ascendant energy. Since I wanted to raid on hard, and this being my only raid weapon, I went ahead and fully upgraded it and went for it.

There are a lot of issues with the gun. Its a bullet hose, low impact. horrid stability until upgraded. Not an everyday weapon. In the raid against oracles and minotaur shields...holy eff. it shreds. It is worth upgrading and keeping in your armory. The oracle killing perk doesn't scale to level 29 v 30 on hard...so you can contribute a lot to the effort not being 30.

Oh, and void burn nightfalls...bwahahaha.
swellvermin
AG
Looking to Raid tonight around midnight pacific, hit me up on PSN "SwellVermin" me and my boy "MR_MARCAC3" need 3-4 to run with us, we usually like to run Tues Wed and Thurs nights, each night for each character.

Lets ROLL!!!!!
Tex117
AG
That feeling right before you RNGesus tells you what you got...and the after

TexasAggie_02
AG
Bungie Exec Gets Swatted

Someone took their hate for the Cryptarch a little too far
Bryan98
AG
I know I've asked this repeatedly, but have any of you XB1ers hit 30 yet? I've started taking shots at hard mode VoG with a group of pretty good folks.
howdydamnit04
AG
Im a 30 with my 2 Warlock. Gt MightyMidget04.
Agmaniacmike12
Will be 30 by Saturday with my hunter, GT is Agmaniacmike. I believe Donde is also 30 with at least one character.
Prime0882
AG
Hit 24 today and am looking to see if anyone needs the Weekly Heroic still. Still in search of my first piece of legendary gear... Will be on this afternoon and into the early evening

Prime0882 - PS4
AggieChemE09
AG
quote:

Im a 30 with my 2 Warlock. Gt MightyMidget04.

jarAGGIE05
AG
JDAggie06 and I (JRyder05) plan to run the raid on hard mode tonight around 9:00 or 9:30. Xbox One. 29 Warlock & 30 Titan. Message and add either/both of us if you're interested or may be in the future.

Already have the check point for oracles, so we can skip the opening. Plan to cheese the oracles and templar to help make things a bit easier.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
JDAggie06 and I (JRyder05) plan to run the raid on hard mode tonight around 9:00 or 9:30. Xbox One. 29 Warlock & 30 Titan. Message and add either/both of us if you're interested or may be in the future.

Already have the check point for oracles, so we can skip the opening. Plan to cheese the oracles and templar to help make things a bit easier.

I'd be interested if I can get online by then, but on Fridays my first priority is hanging out with my wife. Add me in either case: Fedaykin98, 29 Sunsinger.

Finally unlocked Fireborn on my second Warlock last night.
herb96
AG
Hit 30 with my Titan - but I usually run a 29 setup if I'm not raiding.
AggieKatie2
AG
What's the point of the cryptographer after about level 24? He doesn't give anything really valuable (occasional single mote of light or coin) after that point and I have like a billion gun parts and glimmer that are pretty much worthless at this point. I'm at like level 13 and haven't had anything worthwhile since level 8 or so.
JonLobb
quote:
What's the point of the cryptographer after about level 24? He doesn't give anything really valuable (occasional single mote of light or coin) after that point and I have like a billion gun parts and glimmer that are pretty much worthless at this point. I'm at like level 13 and haven't had anything worthwhile since level 8 or so.
I just got a legendary rocket launcher as a leveling reward from him when I leveled my cryptarc rep to 9
howdydamnit04
AG
quote:
quote:
I just got a legendary rocket launcher as a leveling reward from him when I leveled my cryptarc rep to 9
Yeah every time you get him to a new level you get a legendary thing from the postmaster. It has the chance to have legendary engrams. Similar to leveling up your reputation after 3, you start getting legendary chances.
Saxsoon
AG
I have never received a purple from him since the patch. *******
howdydamnit04
AG
The beauty of PUGs. I joined one in Gorgons maze and after an hour we only had picked up a relic twice. Dropped that one and got in another and we went from Oracles to finish in under 30 minutes with being perfect at the Gatekeeper then Atheon.
Bryan98
AG
I'm looking for one more for Hard Mode VoG tomorrow (Saturday) night at 8:30. I have the Oracles checkpoint, two 30s, and 3 strong 29s.

Please PM me with your character info/GT if interested. I'm looking for someone who is appropriately geared for Hard Mode and knows VoG very well. Thanks!
JonLobb
should I buy the helmet, Mask of the Third Man, from Xur or the helmet engram?

maybe buy the helmet engram first and see if it helps?

need advice folks
Saxsoon
AG
Buy the engram first see what you get.
JonLobb
quote:
Buy the engram first see what you get.
a f*ing Titan helmet!

well, i guess it'll come in handy if i ever want to start a titan
Tex117
AG
Well Jon, go buy that Mask of the Third Man. It may not be your favorite helm, but it will get the job done.
JonLobb
quote:
Well Jon, go buy that Mask of the Third Man. It may not be your favorite helm, but it will get the job done.
that's what i did. I like the +103 Intellect
bearamedic99
AG
I have never fully leveled up a rocket launcher but it seems I do more damage with multiple hits from a machine gun than a single rocket hit. Is a fully upgraded rocket launcher worth it?
Bryan98
AG
Yes.
howdydamnit04
AG
Rocket launchers do splash damage so awesome at taking out groups of minions.
JonLobb
quote:
I have never fully leveled up a rocket launcher but it seems I do more damage with multiple hits from a machine gun than a single rocket hit. Is a fully upgraded rocket launcher worth it?
check the upgrades too.

when i leveled my rocket launcher it gained the ability to lock onto and track a target and break into multiple secondary rockets after impact that hit other targets
Kampfers
AG
In general its good to have options anyways. That way you can go from MG to RL depending on the situation.

I tend to use the MG in the raid since I have the raid MG which deals bonus oracle damage.
Brock Sampson
AG
Just got my PS4 a few weeks ago and really started getting into Destiny. Level 11 Titan right now.

I'll be on tonight if anybody wants to play.

PS4- cbunn11

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.