*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

356,152 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bungie weekly update says that iron banner will return (didn't say when) but levels will actually matter this time, you have to be 20 to go on alone (lower levels can join if fire team leader is 20), and there will be special reward armor that will get you to level 30.

You can read it on Bungie.net or the Destiny app.
Tex117
AG
quote:
Bones and Tex, i'll add y'all once I jump on in a bit. We were up til 3 AM last night running VoG and actually could have used a couple of other guys. We ended up having 2 guys run it with us who had already done it this week so that a few of us could get the loot for our characters. We should have enough guys now to run a couple of fireteams through the VoG.
Accepted your invite. Bones and I team up all the time.

Just give me a heads up what time you guys usually get on and give it a go.
Bryan98
AG
If that Sunday night Xbox 1 VoG HM run needs another, I'd be interested depending on what time it's at. 29 Warlock, have maxed Shadow Price and Gjallarhorn. Fedaykin98 is my GT.
snizzler22
AG
If anyone is looking for another person to run the raid on heroic shoot me an invite.
Xb1 Gt:snizzler22
bearamedic99
AG
So which day of the week would anyone be willing to do the raid on normal on XBL?
bearamedic99
AG
Is MikeCowman on here? I got an invite from a name I did not recognize
Bryan98
AG
Were you in the tower? Kids spam invites to high level players in the tower.

They need to learn to use destinylfg.net.
bearamedic99
AG
I had not heard of it until now but thank you for the subtle hint
howdydamnit04
AG
quote:
I had not heard of it until now but thank you for the subtle hint
Dont think he meant that as a shot at you. When you are in the tower, lots of people just blast invites out to everyone that is level 28+ hoping to get them to join.
Saxsoon
AG
Yep, has happened a few times. If I don't see texags in the friend request, I ignore it
TexasAggie_02
AG
I've had a guy Xbox stalking me for the past 3 weeks. I was in the tower with him one day and he sent me a request, and I ignored it. He has invited me every day that I've been online since.
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
I tried my hardest to avoid the tower this week. After running that nightfall strike and having that blue crap around my characters head I got a ton of random invites
Wheatables02
AG
got a buddy to push Atheon off for me last night.

got chatterwhite (like everyone else)

and the purple scout rifle with arc damage. badass.
bearamedic99
AG
A buddy & I are looking for a third for the weekly strike on lvl 26 on XBL. Sunday night. Any takers? superrufus99

2nd edit for nm and good night.
Bryan98
AG
Took my fate (more) into my own hands this weekend and started a second Warlock, for a second weekly chance at the raid boots without which no one can hit 30 - and also the awesome raid weapons, Aetheon's Epilogue and Vision of Confluence. Managed to get him up to 12.

I also took maybe two hours worth of shots at HM VoG with another fairly competent group, this one all 29s. Four of them were a standing group, and two of us were PUGed. We never once made it to the part where you defend all three confluxes on Templar. They, probably unwisely, paired me up with the other guy they didn't know. Afterwards they asked me to friend them up for future attempts with a friend of theirs who would replace the other new guy, so I guess I didn't stink up the joint. The other guy was picking between two primary weapons, neither of which was fully upgraded, and had somehow decided to use the one that was less upgraded.
AggieChemE09
AG
Got my second warlock to 20 yesterday. Swapped all my gear over to him and did the nightfall. Picked up the warlock helm "Skull of Dire Ahamkara". Great start for my new lil warlock.

Ill be running the VoG Normal and Weekly Heroic(28) tonight starting around 9pm.

I have my buddies 29 titan and my 29 Warlock already in the fire team, let me know if your interested.
bearamedic99
AG
ChemE09, how much time are you expecting the VoG to take and how horrible would it be not have a working headset?
AggieChemE09
AG
If it takes longer than 2 hours I'll drown a puppy.

Really depends on how good our fill in's are, but I dont think it will be a problem.

As far as not having a mic, i'll have you do easier tasks so you wont have to relay any information back (you wont be in portals, or relic carrier). But cmon man, where's your mic???

bearamedic99
AG
I have no idea where my 12 month old took my original headset. I bought a replacement Sunday of same type that dies after 5 minutes. 8 need to find a decent headset for under $100 that will fit my big head.
bearamedic99
AG
But look for me around 9. Lvl 27 hunter. Superrufus99 but you call me Andy. I'll be able to hear you.
Terk
AG
I need to complete the weekly strike. Going to give it a run around 10 tonight.
Saxsoon
AG
Is anyone on ps4 going to run the strike around 9pm Pacific tonight. At the very least I would like to see if I can grab a few chests and checkpoints.
AggieChemE09
AG
Venus Strike - Into the Nexus
Modifiers:
Epic - Heavily shielded and highly aggressive enemies appear in great numbers
Angry - Minions of the Darkness won't flinch, even after massive damage
Juggler - No ammo drops for your equipped weapon
Void Burn - Void Damage from any source is greatly increased
Nightfall - If all players die, your fire team is returned to orbit
Thunder18
Bryan98
AG
New patch is out! No change log or patch notes yet.

Also note that today is indeed Tuesday.
dcaggie04
AG
Patch 1.0.2.3 Notes:

Summary
This update makes Destiny a more stable experience for all players. We're also changing the player experience in the Raid to ensure that the activity provides an endgame challenge that meets the project goals for the intended level of difficulty.

General
  • Fixed an issue in which multiple errors reported with Zebra error codes
  • Errors previously reporting as Zebra will now display as their own separate codes
  • Fixed a rare issue related to being Kicked To Login repeatedly
  • Fixed a rare issues that resulted in a Kick To Orbit reported with a Cockatoo error code
Servers
  • Fixed an issue where some players would occasionally be erroneously kicked at the beginning of an activity due to a server error
  • Increased protection against account corruption
Raid
  • Fixed an issue where Atheon was not choosing random targets for teleport through the timestream during the final encounter on the Vault of Glass
  • Fixed an exploit where Atheon could be forced off his platform
More updates are to follow as we continue to support Destiny. Future enhancements being worked on include Exotic Weapon tuning, new features for voice communication between matchmade teammates, and the ability to hold more Bounties in your pocket at any time.
howdydamnit04
AG
Doesn't sound like they fixed the oracles or templar so that's good.
Thunder18
AG
Hold more bounties will be helpful. I have 2 exotic weapon bounties right now so it is tough to get much done other than grind on those
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Hold more bounties will be helpful. I have 2 exotic weapon bounties right now so it is tough to get much done other than grind on those

Truth.

And I'm also happy they didn't alter Templar, simply because knocking him off gets you the fifth chest. I wouldn't be surprised if they fix that next, though. I mean, they weren't happy without random teleporting on Atheon, but otherwise the non-cheese version of Atheon was working as intended. Cheesing Templar is not even remotely similar to the way the fight is designed to be done.

What's the cheese for Oracles? Having everyone snipe from above and one guy in the safe room?
cr0wbar
AG
My latest problem.

I have 190 Vanguard Marks
Level 1 Vanguard

I'm considering going full on Faction and negating the Vanguard marks. I see no point other than getting to level 2 just to break down legendary items for shards. I wish there was some sort of exchange system or 'fee' for converting marks
jtbru8508
AG
Is anyone else having trouble staying logged in to the Destiny servers after both the System and Destiny updates? I have never had a problem before I tried to log on today during lunch, and now I can stay connected to the server for more than a few minutes.
jtbru8508
AG
Get to level 2 to buy and break down. Otherwise all those marks really are pointless. I'd rather spend a little more time getting to level 2 than have all those marks be wasted when they can be used for something.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Get to level 2 to buy and break down. Otherwise all those marks really are pointless. I'd rather spend a little more time getting to level 2 than have all those marks be wasted when they can be used for something.
well, if you want to start a 2nd character (for farming the raid/nightfall) you can buy a second set of armor and level it up with your main character when you turn in bounties. That way when your second character hits 20, you can immediately jump to level 26+.

Also, if the RNG is being bad to you, its nice to be able to buy legendary armor and weapons
howdydamnit04
AG
Might be the easiest nightfall yet. Went home for lunch and got 2 off lfg. All 3 had 3 void weapons and we destroyed the nexus from up top.
howdydamnit04
AG
quote:
quote:
well, if you want to start a 2nd character (for farming the raid/nightfall) you can buy a second set of armor and level it up with your main character when you turn in bounties. That way when your second character hits 20, you can immediately jump to level 26+.

Also, if the RNG is being bad to you, its nice to be able to buy legendary armor and weapons

I don't think you can buy armor for a different class. IE a Titan can't buy Warlock Armor and if your 2nd character is the same class then why wouldn't you share your leveled up gear via the vault?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.