*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

357,204 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
JonLobb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
It is 85% I believe. I am not sure how you are getting 266 point to considering your base is 50. It would be over a 500% modifier to get 266 points.
he said 266%, which would be 133 points. That still seems a little high.
cr0wbar
AG
soooooo close to my boots
JonLobb
quote:
quote:
It is 85% I believe. I am not sure how you are getting 266 point to considering your base is 50. It would be over a 500% modifier to get 266 points.
he said 266%, which would be 133 points. That still seems a little high.
nope, 133 is exactly how many points you're getting with all of the buffs.

also....LEVEL 5 beeches!!!! done and DONE.
Saxsoon
AG
Reading comprehension is good.

Only three more wins until I get to level 4. Going to get Perun's Fire and the boots. Then all I need is an exotic helm and then the grind begins for shards and mats.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Well, made it to rank 5, just need glimmer now I got the boots, gloves and class item. Gonna put the armor I my secondary, which will get it up to 30. Need to farm glimmer tomorrow to buy weapons.
AggieChemE09
AG
1.1*1.1*1.1*2=2.66
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
Best glimmer spot is on the exclusion zone mission on Mars. Kill all the yellow cabal with the extra glimmer buffs on at the beginning that drop from the ship. Then just kill yourself or have one kill you and repeat. You'll have maxed out in 30 or 40 minutes
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Best glimmer spot is on the exclusion zone mission on Mars. Kill all the yellow cabal with the extra glimmer buffs on at the beginning that drop from the ship. Then just kill yourself or have one kill you and repeat. You'll have maxed out in 30 or 40 minutes

Nice, never thought about glimmer farming there. I've been going to the ember caves on Venus patrol and doing an endless loop of that area, usually get about 1,000 glimmer per ether seed.
JonLobb
quote:
quote:

Nice, never thought about glimmer farming there. I've been going to the ember caves on Venus patrol and doing an endless loop of that area, usually get about 1,000 glimmer per ether seed.
I farm on venus too. The better spot, if you have the Vex glimmer buff, is the Vex area just past the Ember Caves.

My grind it to hop up to the platform with the 2 Minotaur majors, snipe the hobgoblins to the left, then jump down and kill the 3 minitaurs and various goblins to the right. Then jump back up to the platform and repeat.

If you jump back up and the minotaur majors haven't respawned you can snipe from there and pick off mobs until they respawn.

rinse and repeat. Usually got for 1,500 - 2,000 and 1 or 2 blue engrams per blue poly****e
Saxsoon
AG
Another area I was thinking was the opening area of the VoG with all of the yellow Praetorians. It will just be an endless run sense you wouldn't be capping the spire.

Got both of my boots and gloves. Now I just need an exotic helm and should be go for 30. Then I can truly feel like I have experienced this game. And then be ready for the expansion.
AggieChemE09
AG
Today the buff is 150%.....And here is some more math.

1.1 (Shader) x 1.1 (Class Item) x 1.1 (emblem) x 2.5 (Buff) = 333%

50 Rep/Win x 3.33 = 166.5 Rep per win
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Another area I was thinking was the opening area of the VoG with all of the yellow Praetorians. It will just be an endless run sense you wouldn't be capping the spire.

Got both of my boots and gloves. Now I just need an exotic helm and should be go for 30. Then I can truly feel like I have experienced this game. And then be ready for the expansion.
i've farmed glimmer at the gatekeeper portion of the VOG before. We had gotten to there, and some folks had to leave, so i went back by myself and keep killing all the yellow vex and the first gatekeeper, then jumping off the cliff to do again.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Today the buff is 150%.....And here is some more math.

1.1 (Shader) x 1.1 (Boots) x 1.1 (emblem) x 2.5 (Buff) = 333%

50 Rep/Win x 3.33 = 166.5 Rep per win
don't you get a buff for the class item too?
AggieChemE09
AG
Deleted
TexasAggie_02
AG
oops, got my replies mixed up, nvrmd
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Yes. That's why I have boots listed there.

Boots give you the buff? I thought it was only the class items at level 4, ie the Warlock bond, Hunter cape, and Titan towels.
Bryan98
AG
Great HM VoG run last night. Thanks to JRyder, JDAggie, and Donde for joining up with three of my usual crew for an all-Aggie run. I think our official time from Oracles to done was around 1:16?

The most impressive part of the run was that after wiping to a shield glitch after our 3rd Atheon portal (when we were seconds from killing him), on our second try we killed him in just two portal phases - I'm not sure I've seen him go down that fast even in normal mode.

Good luck to everyone who is finishing up their Iron Banner marathons tonight!
JonLobb
NOTE OF CAUTION!!!!!!

I just grinded out 10k glimmer to buy a piece of Iron Banner armor to break down into shards....

THEY DO NOT BREAK DOWN INTO SHARDS!!!!

I just spent 9,950 glimmer for 3 pieces of sapphire wire.

f

m

l
redbaron788
AG
that's what crucible/vanguard marks are for
JonLobb
quote:
that's what crucible/vanguard marks are for
i know. but i thought it would be nice to be able to cash in something so easy to get. too easy though. they expected it.
AggieChemE09
AG
htownag08
AG
I am slowly gearing up...finally have a legendary primary, special, helmet, and legs. Grinding it out.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
NOTE OF CAUTION!!!!!!

I just grinded out 10k glimmer to buy a piece of Iron Banner armor to break down into shards....

THEY DO NOT BREAK DOWN INTO SHARDS!!!!

I just spent 9,950 glimmer for 3 pieces of sapphire wire.

f

m

l

Yeah, this is common knowledge. Sorry you found out the hard way. This was patched during the queens wrath, bc people were farming ascendant materials.
howdydamnit04
AG
First world problems... my housekeeper apparently broke my microphone so I am trying to raid without it this sucks.
FriendlyAg
Level 20 strike/raid/daily/weekly?
JonLobb
I just set up a group on PSN to try and gather a raid group

PS4: G8SPECTRE
FriendlyAg
I have no idea how to get my mic to work hahah
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
Lucked out on the raid tonight. Got raid gauntlets to go with my raid chestpiece, then bought the iron banner boots. I'll have a lvl 30 Warlock and 30 Hunter for some hard mode raids + expansion.
AggieChemE09
AG
Nightfall: The Summoning Pits

Epic
Juggler
Angry
Void Burn
Nightfall

howdydamnit04
AG
Best loadout for Phogoth? Epilogue, Revenge, and Truth?
JonLobb
quote:
and prozak
cr0wbar
AG
quote:
quote:
and prozak
What subclass is this?!?
FriendlyAg
When does the expansion come out and what all does that entail?
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
When does the expansion come out and what all does that entail?
dec 9th.

http://www.bungie.net/en/event/darkbelow

http://www.bungie.net/7_The-Dark-Below-Prologue/en/News/News?aid=12337

http://www.bungie.net/7_Developing-The-Dark-Below/en/News/News?aid=12424

AggieChemE09
AG
Got "Praedyth's Timepiece" yesterday from the Hard Raid. Now I have primaries in all three elements!

Also got "Plan C" from the Nightfall.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.