*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

357,528 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
Kampfers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Don't the legendary and exotic armors gain more the light every time you upgrade the defense?

Yes.

quote:
At what level will what you are talking about make sense to me?

Level 18 or 20. You unlock legendary gear at 18, at 20 you reach the soft cap and can only level up by getting better gear. The best gear produces "light", and the amount of light is what determines how many levels above 20 you are.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
I took a gamble and bought an engram.... for the warlock class. I now have 3 level 20 pieces for that are legendary are higher for 'Locks..

Guess my second character will be a warlock.
Saxsoon
AG
Exotics max out at 30 lights which is five more than a legendary max I believe. It may start out lower, but it has 4 or 5 defense upgrades (or the upgrades provide more light than a legendary.

GET THE DANG CHEST PIECE
Saxsoon
AG
How did you guys have enough strange coins. Apparentlyto get more coins from the weekly strike, you have to choose a different difficulty. I am stuck on 11 coins and 3 lvl 24s last night barely made it through the 22 strike.

Also, level 24 wolf vanguard strike playlist is so much easier than the nightfall strike. Something just seems drastically different and it wasn't just because the enemies didn't have knockback. I guess the only way to respawn is have someone physically do it versus letting the timer run out made it more difficult too.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
How did you guys have enough strange coins. Apparentlyto get more coins from the weekly strike, you have to choose a different difficulty. I am stuck on 11 coins and 3 lvl 24s last night barely made it through the 22 strike.

Also, level 24 wolf vanguard strike playlist is so much easier than the nightfall strike. Something just seems drastically different and it wasn't just because the enemies didn't have knockback. I guess the only way to respawn is have someone physically do it versus letting the timer run out made it more difficult too.

Well, the nightfall strike is also level 28, so there's that.

You can get strange coins by doing public events, decoding blue or higher engrams, as drops in the crucible, and from the weekly heroic strike (which as you surmised, you can only get the coins once, unless you up the difficulty).
kill0509
AG
Ph. D. We'll be online for sure this weekend!
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
Exotics max out at 30 lights which is five more than a legendary max I believe. It may start out lower, but it has 4 or 5 defense upgrades (or the upgrades provide more light than a legendary.

GET THE DANG CHEST PIECE
But I really want a helmet and if I spend my coins on this chest piece and there is a helmet tomorrow, my hunter will be really sad.

Saxsoon
AG
I thought he kept the same gear all weekend?
zgood10
AG
Network down?
TheVarian
AG
XB1

The varian (yupp, there is a space)

Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
I thought he kept the same gear all weekend?
He may.. Not sure. I bought it. Now I really need to complete the weekly heroic quest.
Xiuh
Finally bought my first piece of legendary haha. Where is this exotic coin salesman? Not sure I have seen him but I have some coins saved up.
wee_ag
AG
New limited time in-game events

Combined Arms - Crucible match focused on vehicles
The Queen's Wrath - New bounties and missions start next week

http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Events-Starting-0919/en/News/News?aid=12153
PatAg
AG
Vehicles are terrible
Wheatables02
AG
quickest way to level? bounties and crucible?
fta09
AG
Had to do a couples game night tonight, so I couldn't log on and grind a few levels. Hopefully I can get some solid time in the rest of the weekend and try to at least hit 20.
wee_ag
AG
Word of warning - PICK UP ALL ENGRAMS IMMEDIATELY. Just spent over two hours farming on the moon mission and right before I started picking up my engrams I got booted because of network issues. Lost 30-40 engrams. SO PISSED RIGHT NOW
Tex117
AG
My goodness. One weak link on a fireteam can really screw the pooch doing the strike lists.
Say Chowdah
AG
quote:
My goodness. One weak link on a fireteam can really screw the pooch doing the strike lists.

I resemble that remark!
tamuwx
AG
XB1
aggieweather
slickag2007
AG
I believe the only ones that you would lose due to server issues would be green or white engrams. Blue or above will go to the postmaster.
Tex117
AG
quote:
I resemble that remark!

No one on TexAgs. It was a random. No worries there!
wee_ag
AG
quote:
I believe the only ones that you would lose due to server issues would be green or white engrams. Blue or above will go to the postmaster.

(flys to the tower to check the postmaster)
wee_ag
AG
HUZZAH!!! THEY'RE THERE! I was about to rage uninstall and demand a refund last night. Still not happy about losing all the green (I need upgrade materials) but at least I got the blues.
slickag2007
AG
Glad I could help ya out! Has anyone gotten anything good from the farming technique on the moon? I spent an hour farming it and got no purple engrams. Got a bunch of blue, but they didn't turn into anything worthwhile.
TheVarian
AG
quote:
Glad I could help ya out! Has anyone gotten anything good from the farming technique on the moon? I spent an hour farming it and got no purple engrams. Got a bunch of blue, but they didn't turn into anything worthwhile.

I got a legendary fusion rifle at the start of the moon mission. It's not terrible, but I got a few legendary armbands and some rare grams etc. just do 30 minutes a day or so of all levels on hard or really hard levels. Should be ok
wee_ag
AG
I've gotten nothing from farming anywhere, only blues and only a couple of level 20 things from that, no legendary. I haven't even gotten legendaries from legendary engrams from the postmaster, they're always blues or materials.
wee_ag
AG
quote:
just do 30 minutes a day or so of all levels on hard or really hard levels. Should be ok
Does it matter what level you run them at? I thought they dropped the same stuff no matter the level.
TheVarian
AG
quote:
quote:
just do 30 minutes a day or so of all levels on hard or really hard levels. Should be ok
Does it matter what level you run them at? I thought they dropped the same
stuff no matter the level.

I think it does matter what level you are playing on. I hadn't ever seen any purple engrams until I started farming for them. Are you doing it on level 22+ or 24+ ?
Thunder18
AG
Still stuck at level 21...
bearamedic99
AG
I lost connection with the servers and keep getting the "cattle" error message. Anyone else?
bearamedic99
AG
Does wearing a cape from a faction actually benefit you?
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
I lost connection with the servers and keep getting the "cattle" error message. Anyone else?

I can't even log in to Xbox live right now.
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
quote:
Does wearing a cape from a faction actually benefit you?

You get points added to whichever faction you're wearing when you complete bounties or crucible matches.
Xiuh
Anyone up for the weekly heroic strike? Tried to solo it and didn't really feel like trying that hassle.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.