*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

357,735 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
So apparently, crucible just becomes light level 24-26 clowns sprinting everywhere with shotguns or fusion rifles. Don't worry abuot gaining any skill at this game. If all else fails, you can just use your titan or warlock ult and kill the whole room

This! Played last night with Kampfers and it was a bloody nightmare. Screw it... Other stuff is still great though.
wreckt01
Enjoying the game so far. Level 18 warlock on xb1. Have tried to invite/team with a few texags players but no responses, so i imagine they were all involved in another run at the time.

I plan on exploring / completing the all of the maps and joining a faction, so I'm always up for playing missions and strikes with anyone who is interested. The wife and kiddos make any 6-12 hour runs impossible (even if i wanted to play for that long), but i'm up for anything else.

Crucible has been very rough for me so far. I'm usually decent in multiplayer (1.5-2 k/d) FPS like cod, titanfall etc, but i'm bottomed out near 0.5 right now. Hopefully as i learn maps and map tactics it will improve, but something about it feels 'off' to me. It may just be lack of skill/familiarity on my part, but i always feel outgunned. I place head shots all day, but seem to get one shot killed from 50 yards every time i turn a corner.

Next class will be a hunter. The bladedancer subclass looks like a blast.
Saxsoon
AG
You just described my strategy

You really don't stand a chance without an autorifle at any reasonable distance, especially in head to head.

They do need to balance auto rifles and shotgun ammo and they need to do it by making the green ammo drops as rare as the heavy ammo and it automatically depletes when you die. The shotgun was a power weapon in Halo, and here it is more common than just about any other gun.
agfan2013
AG
Yep. Way too much shotguns. I've been getting my ass kicked pretty regularly but still enjoying the crucible for the most part. I'm curious how the rewards work for matches, in one game we lost the last place guy who did the worst got a purple engram while the rest of us got nothing, doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Favorite maps are the Venus and moon maps that were also in the beta.
slickag2007
AG
I think the rewards are randomized. I don't think your chances of getting anything good increase with better performance.
Saxsoon
AG
There is probably some weight attached to how you did, but still RNG. Got two great pieces of blue armor from the Crucible.

I do pretty well in Control and try to stick to that playlist since people tend to get clustered for my void grenades.
cr0wbar
AG
was going to play with some texags people for the first time last night- but I need to update the firmware on my AS50 headset. Womp womp
bearamedic99
AG
I'm lvl 20 from mostly playing crucible and bounties there. I'm almost done with moon mission but right now, farming loot on the first moon mission if anyone wants to join. http://kotaku.com/how-to-trick-destiny-into-helping-you-farm-tons-of-loo-1635561654
slickag2007
AG
I tried that this morning for about an hour and got a few pieces of rare gear. Didn't find anything legendary or exotic though.
bearamedic99
AG
yeah, I've got one blue helmet (first item containing light) and about a dozen green items. I'm still not sure how much effect if has if a weapon shows the damage in orange, blue, or purple. Are there later enemies immune to certain ammos?
bearamedic99
AG
oh well, too late as usual
redass1876
AG
Still need to be added to main page please

PS4:

AeroAgg06
Benjen_Stark_GoT
Ned_Stark_GoT
wee_ag
AG
PatAg
AG
Just want to say , that is a great point and good solution mar. Re - shotgun /sniper and how they were used in halo. Since the weapons themselves don't spawn, make the ammo be similar to how it was in halo. Then there is strategy involved.
Christopherna11
AG
quote:
Still need to be added to main page please

PS4:

AeroAgg06
Benjen_Stark_GoT
Ned_Stark_GoT

The_seeker11 too! Thanks
kill0509
AG
Cr0wbar, you should get on that man. Pretty sure you were one of the guys that used to play in some of the ncaa dynasties, right? I know I recognize your username.
Terk
AG
Add me!

PS4
aggiestud
Kampfers
AG
Holy **** holy **** holy **** I just got an exotic weapons bounty
Kampfers
AG
I'm so excited I'm about to piss myself. I have to go do the weekly heroic strike now.
Saxsoon
AG
I don't know how people get that bounty
bigbass1170
AG
quote:

Luckayyyyyy. Jealous
Bobby Jimbo
AG
PS4 - ElectricAggie
howdydamnit04
AG
Oh i got that bounty. Is it a hard one to get?
wee_ag
AG
quote:
WHAAAAT? I didn't know those even existed. What do you have to do? Impregnate a Wizard?
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
quote:
WHAAAAT? I didn't know those even existed. What do you have to do? Impregnate a Wizard?
They are random. I have been hoping for one since I hit 20.

Also, anyone on PS4 who want to do the weekly strike, let me know!
Kampfers
AG
quote:
I don't know how people get that bounty

I had just completed the two cosmodrome bounties and after I turned them in, he offered me my choice of 3 exotic bounties.
AggieEE
AG
PS4 - Aggie_EE
kill0509
AG
Yeah, my buddy got a weapon bounty for his shotgun. He's enjoyed being able to point that out as I am still awaiting my first legendary weapon. Funny thing was that he got it at level 21 but couldn't actually finish the bounty. We would just get smoked while attempting the weekly strike, but that will hopefully change now as we had a great run tonight and both got up to level 23(Titan and Warlock). Looking forward to getting up to 26 so we can finally run a raid with other folks on the PS4.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Kill -- I am willing to try again this weekend if you want!
Kampfers
AG
Xur is baaaaaaack. And he is selling exactly the piece of equipment I needed!!!! With my new hunter chest armor I'm level 26.

Donde, if you want to try that level 26 strike again tonight, it should let us pick up where we left off (at Phogoth). We will definitely need a 3rd though. Hopefully someone else will have 13 strange coins and be able to boost their level to 25/26 and that will be enough.

If not ill just run through it at level 22. But I think if we all add an exotic armor it should be doable, haha.
Krussian09
AG
I'm lvl 24. Hopefully getting the Sunbreaker gloves and vanguard chest will boost me quite a bit. Should be able to have those sometime tonight.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
Xur is baaaaaaack. And he is selling exactly the piece of equipment I needed!!!! With my new hunter chest armor I'm level 26.

Donde, if you want to try that level 26 strike again tonight, it should let us pick up where we left off (at Phogoth). We will definitely need a 3rd though. Hopefully someone else will have 13 strange coins and be able to boost their level to 25/26 and that will be enough.

If not ill just run through it at level 22. But I think if we all add an exotic armor it should be doable, haha.
His rare chest piece has less light than the legendary one I already have.. And What I really want is a helmet and all he has is a Titan one.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
quote:

His rare chest piece has less light than the legendary one I already have.. And What I really want is a helmet and all he has is a Titan one.

His stock will refresh tomorrow so don't give up hope just yet.
Krussian09
AG
Don't the legendary and exotic armors gain more the light every time you upgrade the defense?
jeffk
AG
At what level will what you are talking about make sense to me?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.