*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

357,230 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
Kampfers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Kampfers, we almost had it after you left. Donde and I (phelan) stayed outside do DPS/nade spam the boss, and we were doing really well. Just need to get everyone's damage and defense up marginally higher.

We need to knock out nightfall, and weekly strike tonight. It's real easy to cheese.
Yeah, I have a legendary auto rifle that was doing ridiculous amounts of damage on him when the boost was active.

The only problem was I typically had the relic so I could never use it.

I also have a new legendary machine gun which should do insane DPS.

I'm down for the nightfall and weekly strikes tonight. Nightfall first obviously.

Once I get these weapons completely leveled up I will definitely be able to do serious damage.
Thunder18
AG
We couldnt even get the 2nd relic out of the portal. We picked up 2 randoms who were barely servicable and were lucky to even get that far
EconAg10
AG
Deathmullet/Wee was doing ok at lvl 27 holding onto the relic, maybe we switch you out and get someone else comfortable with the relic so you can shoow.
AggieChemE09
AG
quote:
Deathmullet/Wee was doing ok at lvl 27 holding onto the relic, maybe we switch you out and get someone else comfortable with the relic so you can shoow.
Once difference from what we did and what I've read people doing is this.

There are 3 people who get teleported. Both the non relic people should burn their super on the adds before that first oracle spawns. Your super will be recharged by the time you are cleansed after leaving the portal anyways. I don't think that our add/oracle killing was to much of an issue last night, but it would probably make it go a little smoother in there in general.

I'll have my oracle killing scout rifle fully upgraded in the first 20 minutes of playing tonight too!
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
I'll be up for PS4 raiding tonight. Finally getting geared to where I need to be.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
quote:

There are 3 people who get teleported. Both the non relic people should burn their super on the adds before that first oracle spawns. Your super will be recharged by the time you are cleansed after leaving the portal anyways. I don't think that our add/oracle killing was to much of an issue last night, but it would probably make it go a little smoother in there in general.

I'll have my oracle killing scout rifle fully upgraded in the first 20 minutes of playing tonight too!

Yes, and the relic has abb extremely powerful smash. Just jump up and pull right trigger.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes, and the relic has abb extremely powerful smash. Just jump up and pull right trigger.
Yep. A well placed smash will kill all of the adds on Mars (desert) in one go. It will also stagger the Praetorian on Venus (jungle).

The RB/slash attack is virtually worthless on the final part, however. It takes 2-3 slashes to kill the precursor hobgoblins. If you use the normal RT attack it is a 1 hit kill on those guys. So I usually use the slam attack initially and then use RT to mop up survivors.
wee_ag
AG
Found this a day late...

Atheon done in 2 minutes

1. Get behind Atheon
2. Lead Atheon into a wall
3. Atheon glitches into wall when too close
4. Get in front of Atheon
5. Shoot Atheon a whole bunch
6. Atheon un-glitches from wall and backs away from attackers.
7. Atheon backs off of cliff.
8. Profit.
wee_ag
AG
Also, as usual - I'll be on at 10pm CST when I get home from work. If anyone needs another team member for strikes or starting VOG send me an invite - Xbone: deathmullet76
herb96
AG
The vault has a learning curb and we were almost there.
EconAg10
AG
yea, atheon enjoys CURB stomping us
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
The vault has a learning curb and we were almost there.
Just make sure you don't fall off when you get there.
wee_ag
AG
Pretty sure he just picks up that curb and wails on us with it.
SUPAGGIE
The trick is to step over the curb so as not to trip over it.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Found this a day late...

Atheon done in 2 minutes

1. Get behind Atheon
2. Lead Atheon into a wall
3. Atheon glitches into wall when too close
4. Get in front of Atheon
5. Shoot Atheon a whole bunch
6. Atheon un-glitches from wall and backs away from attackers.
7. Atheon backs off of cliff.
8. Profit.

Better do this tonight, the hot fix for 10/8 will fix this.
Saxsoon
AG
Finally got Pocket Infinity. Last week's nightfall was harder to cheese because of all the shielded and phalanx Cabal. This week was much easier to start the strike get 10-30 kills and repeat. Got the 150 kills I had left in under an hour while watching sleepy hollow on the side.

Also just prior to that I got my second exotic bounty. It was between Thorne, Bad Juju, and Invective. Even though I was going to have a secondary exotic, I heard Bad Juju was crap and I am not a fan of handcannons, so I went with Invective. Can't argue with regenerating ammo. Might end up using that more than PI in Crucible anyway, I tend to struggle with FR, though PI may change that.
Krussian09
AG
PI is an amazing gun. It doesnt get good until you have the full auto unlocked. After that it will absolutely eat up ultras and majors. One of the first times I used it in the crucible I lit up a bladedancing hunter before he even got to me.
redass1876
AG
Organizing a Raid on Normal for PS4 tonight at 6 PM Central Time. Looking for 3 28+ players interested in clearing the Raid on a weekly basis. Must have a mic. Message our clan xWRTSx if you are interested.

May take 27s if close
Average Joe
AG
quote:
Organizing a Raid on Normal for PS4 tonight at 6 PM Central Time. Looking for 3 28+ players interested in clearing the Raid on a weekly basis. Must have a mic. Message our clan xWRTSx if you are interested.

May take 27s if close

Xbone or GTFO.
redass1876
AG
Just cuz you picked wrong, Joe doesn't mean you gotta get all pissy
Bryan98
AG
Anyone do the Nightfall last night? How was it? I've read you can kind of cheese it by hiding under the platform up top.

I'm 27 and haven't tried a Nightfall, level 28 Weekly or VoG. Have done everything else.
AggieChemE09
AG

quote:
Anyone do the Nightfall last night?

Yes

quote:
How was it?

You have to take it slow since all enemies can nearly one shot you (even me at 29)

quote:
I've read you can kind of cheese it by hiding under the platform up top.

With the damage output of the enemies with the modifiers, not sure how else to do it.

quote:
level 28 Weekly or VoG

Feel free to join my fire team for these! Need 3 more for VoG, but I wouldnt be able to start till like 930PM CST
Saxsoon
AG
I would love to run the weekly and nightfall tonight if anyone is up for it. Can be on around 6:30c
SUPAGGIE
Does anyone have the MIDA Multi-tool fully upgraded? I recently got this gun and have the third eye upgrade. How is the gun with the rest of the upgrades? Is it true that the compass on the side will point you to chests and upgrade materials?
Bryan98
AG
AggieChem09 - I would love to, but I've been sick and I can't stay up that late right now. I will take you up on one of your offers soon!

Marsuvees - You're on PS4, right? It would be helpful if folks would continue to mention what platform they are on.
Saxsoon
AG
Right yes PS4 - Saxsoon
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
I'm down for doing weekly and nightfall. I know some of us are doing VoG as well already from last night.

PS4- oilfieldAGGIE11

Thunder18
AG
Nightfall is pretty damn hard once you get to the boss...we couldnt beat it last night, but I think once I get my armor upgrades Ill be at 28 and it should be slightly easier for us
Tex117
AG
Okay,
So I'm level 27. Still rocking a Rare Auto rifle (no legendary drops) and I have a few questions. Im surgical with the Shingea-E (sp) the stability and range is just silly for an auto rifle.

(1) How are you guys snagging better guns? Do I need a legendary primary to do much damage in the nightfall and raid?

(2) Am I high enough to contribute to Nightfall strikes and the Raid?

(3) Where are yall getting ascendant shards? And is there a better way to get helium other than farming archers line on the moon?

Ps4.

Thanks guys!
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Nightfall is pretty damn hard once you get to the boss...we couldnt beat it last night, but I think once I get my armor upgrades Ill be at 28 and it should be slightly easier for us

Did you all hide under the platform, or did you try to face the boss straight up?
Kampfers
AG
quote:
Okay,
So I'm level 27. Still rocking a Rare Auto rifle (no legendary drops) and I have a few questions. Im surgical with the Shingea-E (sp) the stability and range is just silly for an auto rifle.

(1) How are you guys snagging better guns? Do I need a legendary primary to do much damage in the nightfall and raid?

(3) Where are yall getting ascendant shards? And is there a better way to get helium other than farming archers line on the moon?

Ps4.

Thanks guys!
1. You don't need a legendary but it certainly helps. Guns are random. Buy them from vendors (must be level 3), get them as drops from whatever you want to play (crucible, weekly strike, nightfall, VoG, etc)

2. Yes, you can contribute. You will not be underpowered but the more people 28+ the better.

3. Completing public events, dismantling legendary gear, the daily heroic story at level 28. Those are your best bets. It's a pretty slow slog. As far as helium goes, farming the moon is your only real option.
AggieChemE09
AG

quote:
Okay,

Legendary Primaries help immensely(once maxed out of course). I got 1 from a blue engram, 1 from the random rewards the vanguard gave me once I hit rank 3 rep with them, and I got 1 from a drop in the VoG. If you can save up 150 marks and buy one from a vendor try that if RNGesus is not with you.

Without a fully upgraded legendary weapon you could participate in the Raids, but the biggest problem with the raids is not getting damage on bosses, its dealing with waves and waves of the additional units.

If it takes you a little longer to kill an enemy the first time, big deal. But that second wave is coming, and now its closer to you than when you started on the last wave, but you kill all of them. Then that third wave is already on top of you, then the fourth wave, etc, and the Raid fails. This raid seems to do a good job of hurting teams that have weak links because you are forced to split up in to groups of 3 or even 2. If you and your partner can't hold down your side, the other side can't help since they are to far away.

If you were 27 with a legendary you would be fine in VoG, or you could be 28 with a rare (about a 30% reduction in damage on lvl 28 enemies if you are below thier level).

Last week I attempted a Hard mode VoG with 5 other 29's and 3 guys had not fully upgraded thier primary legendary weapons. There was no combination of groups that we could split up in that could do enough damage to keep the waves of enemies from over taking us. Maxed out legendaries/exotics is very very important.

quote:
Yes. Especially with the cheesy strats that make Nightfall Strikes a cake walk. You would be more contributing as a reviver than an attacker though

quote:
  • Do the Daily heroic on at least 26 (for 1 acendent something) or 28 (for 2 acendent somethings).
  • Get gold on a public event every day for a prize from the postmaster, often times it is something acendent.
  • In general, completing public events has a chance at giving you an acendent immediately.
  • Random Drops
  • Dismantling Legendary items yields acendent stuff.
  • The Nightfall can yield many things, exotic/legendary armors and weapons, 10 strange coins, and sometimes 10 acendent energy/shards
  • Chests from the VoG have a good chance of yielding acendent stuff.
Thats all the sources I can think of, it gets easier the higher level you get. For instance, I now have nothing to buy with all the marks that I get. So with those marks, I buy legendary armors and dismantle them for shards.

Bryan98
AG
Tex - I don't know all the answers, as I'm not 28 yet, but I'll take a stab at a few:

1) The only guaranteed way to get a better gun is to pick a faction and level it to 3. I'm doing Vanguard right now because I already leveled them and FWC to 2 for the armor I wanted, and I like Vanguard's weapons selection better. One level of rep takes me about one week of play.

The other way to get a legendary or better (in this case, Exotic) gun without it being a random drop is from Xur, but he randomly brings any Exotic weapon in the game, so he's not very reliable. The last two have been Primary weapons, but the first one was a rocket launcher. For a reliable legendary, see the faction vendors.

2) Nearly everyone says 27 is fine for the raid, though I've never done it or the Nightfall. Hoping to try both this week (I'm 27 now).

3) The first Public Event you do every day gives you some kind of rare material, which can be a shard. The Daily Heroic Story Mission guarantees 1 or 2 Ascendant materials if you do the higher difficulites, so that's either Shards or Energy. I co-oped the Daily at level 28 difficulty last week, and we were both level 27. It was hectic and a challenge, but we did it.

After that, you can occasionally get a shard in many random ways, but the reliable source is to disassemble legendary armor. I will probably start using my Marks to buy equipment to shard after I buy my Legendary Auto-Rifle, although a case could be made that I should wait until I buy some other legendary special weapons, too. The issue here is that your level matters more than most anything else for effectiveness in high-level content, so getting to 28 seems more important than upgrading one of my three (elements, natch) Fusion Rifles from Rare to Legendary.

Just my thoughts, higher level players may have more insight than I do.

EDIT: And some of them are faster typists than I am, too.
AggieChemE09
AG
quote:
quote:

Did you all hide under the platform, or did you try to face the boss straight up?

Freaking hide! The snipers, servitors, and boss can all pretty much 1 shot you. We tried twice to do it legitimately twice with 2 28's and a 29 and you just can't compete with the damage the throw at you. We still died many times while hiding! Just get through it and take your rewards!
Bryan98
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Freaking hide! The snipers, servitors, and boss can all pretty much 1 shot you. We tried twice to do it legitimately twice with 2 28's and a 29 and you just can't compete with the damage the throw at you. We still died many times while hiding! Just get through it and take your rewards!
I intend to hide! I just wanted to know what strategy they were using that didn't work for them.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.