*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

362,633 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by LPHA
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I spent 10 hrs ib the vault of glass yesterday. We got stuck at the final boss for 3.5 hrs. Gonna get back on tomorrow and try to finish it before the reset.

It was damn gruelling, but I still had a blast, but man, they need to give out better/more gear for that. I've seen where some ppl get awesome weapons and armor, while others get shaders, shards, and ships. The only way to get to level 30 is with raid armor, so they need to make it a little more fair.
AggieChemE09
AG
29! Finally!
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
Anyone completed VOG yet?! Made it to final boss with a decent pickup fire team. The labyrinth is a pain in the ass.
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
When does progress on VOG reset? And do you have to have everyone that was in the party before to start where you left off?
Kampfers
AG
progress resets Tuesday. We just made it through the labrynth so we will be on tonight trying to finish the mission.

as long as you have the same fireteam leader, the rest of the squad could completely change.
AggieChemE09
AG
Kampfers, I already completed the VoG, but if y'all need another to help beat it let me know.
Bryan98
AG
What level have y'all been doing VoG at? What about Nightfall?

I hit 27 this week, and I've done everything in the game except those two and the Weekly Heroic Strike at 28. I've done Weekly Heroic at 26 and Daily Heroic Mission at 28.

It seems like the trek from 27 to 28 is very slow and dependent on tons of shards unless you get a mix of raid gear and one exotic. Even then I'm sure upgrades are involved.
AggieChemE09
AG
VoG gets harder as you get through it. Need be at least 26 to get through the first stage, probably 27 for the second part, and 28 for the third. Off course you can be carried by a group of 28's if your only a 25, but you will die quickly and constantly.

It is pretty much acendent shard dependent to keep leveling up. Just keep doing the Daily Heroics at 28, do a daily public event, and dismantle any legendary gear that you don't need. I just hit 29 yesterday without any Raid Gear so there's that.

If you want me to walk you through the Nightfall tonight hit me up.
Saxsoon
AG
I just bought some cheap FWC stuff to breakdown for shards. I have over 24 energy but not a lot on shards at the moment. One or two upgrades away from 28
Bryan98
AG
quote:
VoG gets harder as you get through it. Need be at least 26 to get through the first stage, probably 27 for the second part, and 28 for the third. Off course you can be carried by a group of 28's if your only a 25, but you will die quickly and constantly.

It is pretty much acendent shard dependent to keep leveling up. Just keep doing the Daily Heroics at 28, do a daily public event, and dismantle any legendary gear that you don't need. I just hit 29 yesterday without any Raid Gear so there's that.

If you want me to walk you through the Nightfall tonight hit me up.

I would love to do that, but Monday and Tuesday are TV nights for my wife and I. As much time as I've given to Destiny lately, I'd better not violate those two. Maybe sometime later in the week. Thanks for offering!
htownag08
AG
Sorry i forgot to check back in on this thread!

Xbox 360 name: TNilli
SUPAGGIE
I beat VoG at 26 with a group of 28s and 29s that knew what they were doing. It only took about 3 hours. I got the raid gloves and the raid shotgun.
wee_ag
AG
Are there rewards for VOG for just completing it? Our group last night got a few things from chests (I snagged a pair of Raid gloves) but what about rewards for beating it?
bearamedic99
AG
I'm level 24. Where should I be playing the most to level up fastest? Crucible, vanguard missions, daily missions?
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
If you're playing VOG look up where the chests are at. I got a few legendary items and a ton of ascendant shards to level up all my gear.
Bryan98
AG
Bear - if you haven't done the Queen's Wrath stuff yet, do that tonight because it's the last night for it. Easy Legendaries.

In general, once you hit 20 you're working towards getting all legendary gear. Pick a faction whose armor you like and concentrate on getting your rep up with them. Chaining bounties, patrols, and public events is the fastest way to get rep for anyone but the Crucible.
wee_ag
AG
quote:
Chaining bounties, patrols, and public events is the fastest way to get rep for anyone but the Crucible.

You get bonus rep for chaining?
Kampfers
AG
http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/destiny/247017-destiny-vault-glass-raid-walkthrough.html

Take a look at the last two phases.
Bryan98
AG
wee ag - No "bonus rep", but if you use a patrol or a public event to help you fulfill a bounty, you're being very efficient. Also, patrols give rep faster than anything else, and public events give marks faster than anything else.

Now, if you need blue gear, the Strike Playlists are pretty reliable sources. Daily Heroic Mission for ascended materials, Weekly Heroic Strike for Strange Coins...it all depends on what you're looking for. In general, I don't recommend people count on the RNG (random number generator).
bearamedic99
AG
yeah, I've had problems doing the Queen's Wrath missions on my own. I'm only rank 1 with her though rank 2 with FWC.
wee_ag
AG
quote:
http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/destiny/247017-destiny-vault-glass-raid-walkthrough.html

Take a look at the last two phases.
Oooo - that's super helpful.

I'm home from work at 10pm CST and would like to join the group from last night to try and finish VOG if you are going in again.
Bryan98
AG
Bear - if you're still up and need help with QW stuff, there may be others frantically trying them on this final night. I'm in bed already, but you might try Destinylfg.net or .com. Good luck!
bearamedic99
AG
Who has the Shut up and take my money gif? Iron Banner

IRON BANNER PLAYLISTChampions are born in battle. Enter a special Crucible playlist and wage war in a Fireteam of six Guardians. Prove your might and earn the respect of the Lords of Iron. LEVEL ADVANTAGES ENABLED Equip your most powerful gear. The Attack and Defense ratings for your weapons and your armor will be crucial to victory. EARN IRON BANNER REPUTATION Complete special Iron Banner Bounties to gain reputation with the Iron Lords. Earn new gear as evidence of your prowess.

wee_ag
AG
Bear I'm on right now, xbox one deathmullet76 and running some queens missions
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
Beat VOG with a pickup team.. If I was playing VOG with you last night on PS4, I can help walk us through the strat for the last part with the timegates later tonight when everyone's on.

This is oilfieldAGGIE11 btw.
Thunder18
AG
Couldnt beat VoG last night...very frustrating
Kampfers
AG
quote:
x1000000000000000000000
SUPAGGIE
quote:

Why?
Kampfers
AG
quote:
quote:

Why?
He was in a different group than I, but the TexAgs group that was on just couldn't get enough damage done on Atheon before he got enraged and destroyed everything.

It didn't help that we wasted a few hours trying to get both of the damn relics out. We had successfully completed it like 4 times but had to redo it entirely because the relics exited the final gate in the wrong order and so the original relic carrier (me) got trapped on the wrong side.

We probably could have beat it eventually (maybe they did after I got off at 12:30) but it was incredibly slow going.
Saxsoon
AG
Someone invited me and a buddy in at the final battle. We spent probably two over an hour on this final boss. Holy crap the coordination involved is insane. The fact that half the team can be wiped on either side really just puts a damper on the whole thing. And the freaking blindness was just awful. I had to give up with work in the morning. I was usually on the team that was getting teleported away and we eventually started doing better, however sometimes the designated shield guy couldn't even pick it up due to lag. That job actually seems easier in comparison to what the home team has to deal with in comparison since it is mostly a shooting gallery of the oracles. But if the other team wipes, the teleporter won't open.

Also having to wait 30 seconds and THEN have someone revive you is a pain in the ass.

Also found out that the Sunsinger revive does clean you of the blindness mark.

I had to give up to go to bed with work today.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why?
He was in a different group than I, but the TexAgs group that was on just couldn't get enough damage done on Atheon before he got enraged and destroyed everything.

It didn't help that we wasted a few hours trying to get both of the damn relics out. We had successfully completed it like 4 times but had to redo it entirely because the relics exited the final gate in the wrong order and so the original relic carrier (me) got trapped on the wrong side.

We probably could have beat it eventually (maybe they did after I got off at 12:30) but it was incredibly slow going.

Not sure what you are saying here. You don't need to go into both portals. When the vengeance timer starts to wear off, the 3 people farthest away get teleported out. Make a designated crew, and have them stand at the back center when the timer get down to around 5 seconds. The 3 that stay behind need to be forward of the center platform.

Have one guy at each portal activator, and the 3rd can stand on top of one of the gates. He can weaken the harpies as they spawn, and the other 2 can mop up.

Every vengeance refills your super, so 2 off the guys that teleport need to use their super on the hobgoblin or minotaurs as soon as you teleport. Have one guy designated as relic guy. The relics bubble shield removes blindness. Also if you jump and pull right trigger, the relic has a ground smash ability similar to the titan. 2 guys can weaken the enemies with supers, and the relic guy can finish them off on his own, while they focus on oracles.

When you come back through with the relic stand on the center platform and activate the relics shield, you can shoot out of it, but atheon cannot shoot into it.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Here's a vid of my team beating it last night.

EconAg10
AG
Kampfers, we almost had it after you left. Donde and I (phelan) stayed outside do DPS/nade spam the boss, and we were doing really well. Just need to get everyone's damage and defense up marginally higher.

We need to knock out nightfall, and weekly strike tonight. It's real easy to cheese.
dcaggie04
AG
From what I have gathered, you need to have the guys that don't get transported to be at least level 28. They will have the most damage capabilities and usually the best armor. Plus I think most of the enemies at the last part are level 28.
AggieChemE09
AG
We will get it this week, yall just tell me when!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.