*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

362,548 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by LPHA
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
yeah, i have 2 warlocks, and have been swapping the armor and weapons to do the nightfall, weekly, and raid twice a week. If I lost everything, i would sell the game, and possibly never buy from Bungie again.

I've put 132 hours into Destiny. There's no way in hell i would start over.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Yeah, while I don't swap gear between characters much, many of my friends do. Bungie needs to fix this ASAP.

Bungie has at least tweeted that they're investigating it, but they've also (in the form of customer service reps) told people that their missing gear will NOT be restored.

I have two Warlocks that I switch gear between, and this would almost certainly ruin my fun with Destiny.
tamusc
AG
I don't think they can afford NOT to restore lost gear due to this bug. While I think Blizzard is far from perfect, they are pretty good about making things right when you lose stuff due to glitches like this. Bungie needs to fix it and make people whole.
redbaron788
AG
Because of y'all I just checked my vault on Bungie.net and screenshot everything I had in there. It probably won't mean a damn thing if I lose it all but still...
atmhockey
AG
PS4 Destiny code for Blacksmith Armor shader up for grabs. Here you go: TPGT-C7N7-P323
Bryan98
AG
Any of y'all XB1ers hit 30 yet? I just need the boots. I've got two Warlocks now so I can double my chances. An Aggie friend of mine has two Titans for the exact same reason.
Saxsoon
AG
Sorry, not going to waste my time with two of the exact same character. haha

Especially with this current glitch. Once I got a hunter up to 20, I was going to hand my weapons over, but will hold off on that for awhile.
Thunder18
AG
I just need the gauntlets to hit 30
slickag2007
AG
I'm at 26, almost 27. I have legendary equipment on everything but the chest piece for my Warlock, and I have an exotic chest piece for it. I've been wanting to try the raid, but I'm probably pretty low leveled for it or what not.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
I'm at 26, almost 27. I have legendary equipment on everything but the chest piece for my Warlock, and I have an exotic chest piece for it. I've been wanting to try the raid, but I'm probably pretty low leveled for it or what not.

27 is fine to start raiding with a group of people who know what they're doing. The key here is that anyone can easily hit 28 and even 29 without ever raiding - you just need to regularly do the activities that get you Vanguard Marks/rep and shards.

Two of my friends and I (3 29s) raided last night with an experienced guy's alt at 27, a 28 who hadn't done Atheon, and a 27 who was brand-new to the raid.

It was kind of rough going on Atheon. Yes, there were some bugs, but we had a lot of trouble killing oracles in a timely fashion. I think there was a combination here of underpowered weapons, two people under 28 doing reduced damage, and a lack of familiarity with the encounter (or skill).

Basically, I'm happy to take friends into VoG who have just hit 27 (even 26) if I have the core of a strong group. But even with 3 29s who cleared the raid earlier in the week in about 1:26, we wiped for a long time and didn't finish until almost 3 hours by the official game time.

I'd suggest any aspiring raiders take care of their business ASAP: Get Vanguard rank 2 to buy chest, gloves, and boots, buy an exotic helm from Xur, invest enough in those to hit 28, and get Vanguard rank 3 to buy a legendary primary weapon of your choice. Like I said, I'll take an under-leveled friend along, but I won't keep inviting someone who isn't doing the common sense things to get geared up to where they are pulling their own weight.
JonLobb
anybody still playing or did you all move on to newer things?
bearamedic99
AG
still playing until Dragon Age is released (same time Far Cry comes out)
Saxsoon
AG
Still do the weeklies to get some better stuff, jump in to do a few bounties every day to level up weapons. Waiting for a few buddies to try the raid, though if someone else is willing to drag me along on PS4 this weekend I would be up for. Kind of tired of waiting and I think I can handle it now that I am lvl 28.
Saxsoon
AG
Did just beast through the triforce hunting section in about 2.5 hours on Zelda Windwaker Wii U. They really streamlined that section thank goodness. Definitely waiting on Dragon Age
kill0509
AG
Had probably one of the best nights on Destiny that I have had in a while. My apologies to the PS4 folks as I have been sick with the stomach bug that's been going around CStat in the last few weeks. First chance I've had to jump on in several nights. Made significant progress on my 3 exotic bounties, got a legendary engram to drop today which I haven't seen in like 3 weeks only to have it turn in to Plan C! So, i'll be using it to finish up my Pocket Infinity bounty kills for the nightfall strike most likely. Then, to top it all off, finished the night pulling down 2 legendary pulse rifles which came from leveling up my Future War Cult to level 3 and a rare primary engram respectively. All in all a great night for my Titan! Ready to run some VoG this week and see if the luck will continue with some armor drops from it.
Saxsoon
AG
Let me know Kill, I will be interested.

AggieChemE09
AG
Have to go to NOLA for work tonight so no Destiny. Stupid work.
JonLobb
I just calculated it, and unless i can get some people regularly to start being able to do the weekly heroic and the raid, as well as the max difficulty on the daily, it will take me 96 days to get the required number of shards needed to reach max upgrades on my gear.

that's sobering.
Cabtex
AG
So I hit level 8 (I know I'm way behind atm) last night with my titan. I've been collecting bounties for the VanGuard and doing those. Is there anything else I need to be doing besides that while I'm leveling? I seemed to level faster with the patrols vs the story line (i.e. I went from 4-7 in what felt like was about an hour or so)...

Also is there an efficient way to level the Cryptarch without wasting Glimmer?

PS4: cbeard812
JonLobb
quote:
So I hit level 8 (I know I'm way behind atm) last night with my titan. I've been collecting bounties for the VanGuard and doing those. Is there anything else I need to be doing besides that while I'm leveling? I seemed to level faster with the patrols vs the story line (i.e. I went from 4-7 in what felt like was about an hour or so)...

Also is there an efficient way to level the Cryptarch without wasting Glimmer?

PS4: cbeard812
the quickest way to level is just to do the storyline and pick up the mission bounties along the way.

I didn't do hardly anything but the storyline and the side missions (the one with just a star), and I reached lvl 20 just before the last mission with no trouble.
TexasAggie_02
AG
as you level up, you'll start getting a lot of blue engrams through normal gameplay. at the lower levels, you generally only get white and greens.

The blues will level you up much faster, there is no point in buying engrams from the cryptarch. I buy some sometimes when i have a tiny fraction left to level up, and i get impatient.
AggieKatie2
AG
I'm a 28 with a vanguard level of 3 and I finally received my first exotic bounty to complete yesterday.
Aggie_3
How are yall getting these dang exoctic bounties my friends gotten three and i havent gotten any
Saxsoon
AG
I can solo the daily mission most days. I flip on my revive if I get cocky and pull out the Ole icebreaker and go to town. It takes some patience but I have pulled it out quite a few times. Icebreaker pretty much breaks the dynamic of the game because of the recent ammo. I know I have not played the same run and gun approach since I got it. Patience and time seems weak in comparison because of the tiny magazine.

I am not upgrading my helmet anymore even though I have the shards so I can save those for an exotic I hope to get. Everything else is maxed..
TexasAggie_02
AG
every time i've gotten one, it's been when i've turned in 3-5 bounties at once. I don't know if that is coincidence or not.

Edit: I've gotten Thorn, Bad Juju, and am currently working on Pocket Infinity and invective.
Aggie_3
See thats what my buddy told me so ive been doing that lately as in the last month but no bueno this game is really starting to frustrate me becuase i feel like bungie is half assing it like EA always did with the NCAA franchise
JonLobb
i got 1 exotic bounty, but on the third round of it it wanted me to get 500 points with kills using void energy in crucible, 5 points for a kill and lose 3 for every death.

After like 10 rounds of Crucible I had 3 points. yep, not gonna happen.

ARe they all like this?
slickag2007
AG
I'm doing an exotic bounty right now for a fusion rifle. I have to get 10 rare fusion rifles and break them down for parts or something. Seems like it is gonna take a while.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
i got 1 exotic bounty, but on the third round of it it wanted me to get 500 points with kills using void energy in crucible, 5 points for a kill and lose 3 for every death.

After like 10 rounds of Crucible I had 3 points. yep, not gonna happen.

ARe they all like this?
that is the one for Thorn.

Some of them have crucible components, and it sucks. I personally hate multiplayer bounties, achievements, etc, b/c they force you to play in a way that is not optimal for winning. They force you to avoid play, play too aggressively, allow enemies in too close, try to get kills from the grave, etc. Basically anything other than winning.

The best thing to do is to google the bounties when they are presented to you. You are generally given 2-3 exotic bounties to pick from. Look them up, see what the reward is, and what the steps are, and determine if the hassle is worth the reward.

The way that i was able to finish the void damage was to use my Warlock's Void super/nades, and the Truth Exotic rocket launcher. I think Xur had it awhile back, i got mine from a raid chest.

The rockets on Truth track ridiculously well, and they explode when NEAR a target, rather than on impact. So you don't even really have to hit them with it. And it does void damage. I basically camped, trying not to die. If someone found me, i would super/nade them. When the heavy ammo was up, i ran for it. Then i would get as far away from everything as i could, and "snipe" people with my rocket launcher (since it would track from across the map."

Control seemed to work the best, b/c people were focused on the control points, making it easier to hide out of the way. (again, this is not optimal game playing, which is stupid. I'm hurting my team by trying to get an effing bounty).

on the map "Rusted lands" i would hide on the staircase at the back of Alpha. You are very close to the heavy ammo, and you can back down the stairs for cover. As people come into the room to take the control point, you rocket them. If there are multiple people, you can back down the stairs and around the corner. As they follow you down the stairs (which they almost always do), you can rocket them again.

Bastion is the best map for this bounty, b/c its freaking HUGE. you can hide behind alpha or charlie and rocket people from almost all the way across the map. I was taking out snipers, and they had no idea where in the hell i was getting them from. Save your super for when you make a heavy ammo run.

on "Twilight Gap" i would stay near the heavy ammo spawn between Charlie and Bravo. You can get clean rocket shots into Charlie, and can get people with the splash damage at Bravo.

on "first light" i would tend to camp Alpha, as there is a heavy ammo spawn right there. Hide in the corner on the other side of the door from the heavy ammo. If you back up in there, there is only one point of entry where someone can see you, and its the door that is rarely used. just watch your radar and be careful not to kill yourself.

On "Shores of Time," there is a large metal protrusion on the side of the map between Charlie and Bravo, to the right of the heavy ammo (if you were at Charlie, looking back at Bravo). From this vicinity, there are some good places to hide where no one can see you. Wait for enemies to begin to capture either bravo or charlie, then move to where you can lock onto them.

On "blind watch" i would just camp around control point alpha. The heavy ammo spawns in the room right below it. If you can get on top of the tanks and other geometry there close by and lock rockets onto people that are duking it out at Charlie, and the second floor area between Charlie and Bravo.

On "firebase delphi" there is a heavy ammo spawn in a large square room near Charlie. It has some boxes in it. I would camp behind those boxes and wait on the heavy ammo. This spot is close to two points, so people will be coming for it. I would nade the small hallway, and be prepared to super the large round door. If you get to the ammo quick enough, you can have your rockets ready before that big door opens and hit whomever comes through it.
JonLobb
I picked up a new one the other day, but it starts with winning a weekly heroic or nightfall strike, which I still haven't even been able to do
Tex117
AG
quote:
You will be fine at 26. You wont be suffering from a damage penalty. Just make sure you have a primary legendary leveled up a nice amount (doesn't have to be maxed) and something void to help take down void shields.

Really, the raid is NOT hard on normal if you team is even halfway decent. Things really wont one shot you. You will do enough damage (if you are an average player), There are some good strategies out there (even if you don't want to cheese) that will make this pretty smooth sailing.

The Raid on Hard...now that is a different story.
TexasAggie_02
AG
well, the supplicants at the end will ruin your day. You will have to be sure to stay the hell away from them. A 29 can survive a direct hit from 1 (nearly kills them) 28 and under have to be extra careful.

But yeah, i did my first run at 26, but it took 10 hrs. None of us had ever done it before, and we were all 26/27. Now with 28-30 we get through normal in about 1-1.5 hrs.
Tex117
AG
quote:
I just calculated it, and unless i can get some people regularly to start being able to do the weekly heroic and the raid, as well as the max difficulty on the daily, it will take me 96 days to get the required number of shards needed to reach max upgrades on my gear.

that's sobering.
Jon,
You are at the point you need to team up. Either here, or destinylfg.

Raid, Nightfall, weekly, daily, bounties. In that order.

The shards will come doing the raid...oh yes...effing damn shards...you will hate them by the end.
JonLobb
quote:
quote:

that's sobering.
Jon,

The shards will come doing the raid...oh yes...effing damn shards...you will hate them by the end.
i've been spamming this thread every night that I play, only teamed up once so far and they'd already done the weekly and nightfall.
Tex117
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

that's soberin
Jon,

i've been spamming this thread every night that I play, only teamed up once so far and they'd already done the weekly and nightfall.
Whelp, destinylfg.net Post what you are looking for. I've used it for the raid both on normal and hard. Most experiences have been pretty good.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.