********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

197,881 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
gigem1223
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sunday 3:30. I'll take it
Seven Costanza
AG
Kinda surprised that one of Dallas/SF, KC/Pit, or TB/Philly didn't get the Monday night game.

Perhaps bc the NFL wants to keep those teams in the playoffs.
Mozart Paintings
AG
I'm shocked it's on CBS. I'll take it for sure
gigem1223
Chargers coach has lost his mind
TMACsDaMan
Carlson is a kicker I would die to have in the playoffs
Grapesoda2525
Glad it's CBS so I don't have to listen to Joe buck and Aikman if we happen to go one and done.

I was hoping for Sunday night but this is probably the next best thing.
jr15aggie
AG
Carr and the Raiders... letting the refs extend their scoring drives yet again. It's uncanny.

Hey Chargers, welcome to our pain!
MookieBlaylock
AG
gigem1223 said:

Chargers coach has lost his mind

He bout to lose his job too

He is a defensive genius.
jr15aggie
AG
This Raiders / Chargers game is insane! What a great 2 days of football. Yes Maximus, I am indeed entertained!
NukeAg10
AG
That Steeler fan.
jr15aggie
AG
As we know all too well, that damn Raiders kicker doesn't miss. Even if the Raiders don't make a single yard on that last run, that guy was gonna drill anything inside 65 yards. Friggin A.
jtstanley4621
AG
Garrett-like timeout by the Chargers there at the end. Wow
Ag12thman
AG
That kicker might be better than Justin Tucker right now. He makes everything.
PooDoo
AG
Oh no!

Kellso
Southlake said:

Pretty much a wasted game except it might have given Dak his confidence back.

Eagles took no chances and played their 2s.
Nothing wasted about the Eagles game.

I would be beyond pissed off if the Cowboys squandered the 3 seed by not trying to win in Philly.

I think San Francisco- Tampa Bay is a much easier post season path than

Arizona/LA in the 1st round and then traveling to Green Bay as the 4 seed.

I wasn't sure if this Cowboys team could beat Arizona or LA in the 1st round. I think they are better than San Francisco.
There is a clear drop off in quality from the top 5 seeds in the NFC, and seeds #6 and 7.

If Philly pulls an upset then the 2nd round game is at home.
PatAg
AG
So, given our FG kickers form, we're definitely going for it on 4th often in the playoffs right?
ChemAg15
AG
Right now I'm feeling fairly pessimistic about the cowboys chances this post season. However, between now and Sunday I fully expect the optimism will kick in and I'll be ready to watch the future 2022 superbowl champs tear into the 49ers.
Macarthur
ChemAg15 said:

Right now I'm feeling fairly pessimistic about the cowboys chances this post season. However, between now and Sunday I fully expect the optimism will kick in and I'll be ready to watch the future 2022 superbowl champs tear into the 49ers.

Should be a good game.

I find it weird that there are a ton of Cowboys fans on twitter that are so doom and gloom about the draw. You gotta nut up...you don't get to play bad teams in the playoffs. Gotta roll out there and beat a good team. If you can't beat SF at home, you don't deserve it so you're done. Simple as that.

But there's no doubt this was the best path given the circumstances yesterday. I guess there's a chance they could have gotten #2, but the 3 seed is obviously better than the 4th.

I'm sure we will all have lots of thoughts on the game as the week goes on. Here's a couple that just pop into my head now:

- Gotta make this game about the QBs because Dallas has a clear advantage.
- Offensive gameplan has to feature more #20 than #21.
- DL and Parsons is going to be the key to this.
- The Death Star, despite what some may think, can and does get loud. It needs to be a factor this week.
- Along those same lines, Dak has been very good at home this year.
wbt5845
AG
gigem1223 said:

NukeAg10 said:

Refs bailing out qbs constantly for ****ty throws is a trend I would love to see go away.

In before wbt

I laughed.
NukeAg10
AG
I'm excited for the niners, just based off of history alone.

Dline must get pressure and force turnovers, to give the offense some short fields. They need to force Jimmy g to throw the ball, otherwise I think it'll be a long day against their running game. Cowboys are first in the league in 3rd down defense, and have forced the most 3 and outs. That second one is a stat that I heard yesterday, that shocked me.

Offense has been better at home. They gotta be able to run the ball, at least averagely, and finish with tds in the redzone. They have an awesome td percentage in the RedZone at home.

If they can make this a Dak v Jimmy g game then I really like their chances to move on.
Southlake
Going to see how good McCarthey really is. These are the best teams with sharp coaches. I'd expect the games to go down to the final minute and coaching mistakes are (as usual) critical. Next weekend is gonna be great.
jr15aggie
AG
It's about as good a match up as we could hope for, the NFC was pretty strong this year. Philly being the only real weak link in this years playoff group.

I feel good about how our offense and defense match up against them, but the 49ers have a solid team. The NFC West was probably the toughest division in football and they won 10 games.

But Dallas has been playoff dormant for too long. Anything short of an NFC Title game appearance will be another disappointment. We have plenty of contracts coming due this offseason and not a ton of cap space to work with... there is no telling what this team will look like next year. This team needs to create their own breaks and get it done now!
Ag Natural
AG
The Niners have a great run game and our defense has been pretty good against the run this year. If we shut that down then its a wrap IMO
Ag12thman
AG
Ag Natural said:

The Niners have a great run game and our defense has been pretty good against the run this year. If we shut that down then its a wrap IMO
I was impressed by that big back of theirs Sunday. (I forget his name now as I haven't watched much 49ers this season.) Like other said, should be a really good game.
jr15aggie
AG
Ag Natural said:

I feel like we are a bit Jekyll & Hyde with our run D. More often than not we do a pretty good job limiting yards. But it sure does feel like we've given up too many 15-20+ yard gains. I'd be curious to see how we stack up vs the league on big running plays allowed.

I think it's more a function of our secondary being in man coverage a lot (which is why we didn't want to play Kyler again)... when RBs break through our front 7 they usually have a ton of space to run.

The good news is we definitely don't get pushed around like we had in some recent years. Just need those dirty rotten refs to call the other team on holding every once in a while
Macarthur
Saw an interesting stat...

Dallas offense is first in points scored in the NFC and the Defense is 3rd in points scored in the NFC. That's some really solid numbers, but is there an asterisk due to playing the NFC east 6 times?
NukeAg10
AG
Now do green bay. The east isn't even the worst division in the NFC this year, I believe that's the north.
Ag Natural
AG
jr15aggie said:

Ag Natural said:

I feel like we are a bit Jekyll & Hyde with our run D. More often than not we do a pretty good job limiting yards. But it sure does feel like we've given up too many 15-20+ yard gains. I'd be curious to see how we stack up vs the league on big running plays allowed.

I think it's more a function of our secondary being in man coverage a lot (which is why we didn't want to play Kyler again)... when RBs break through our front 7 they usually have a ton of space to run.

The good news is we definitely don't get pushed around like we had in some recent years. Just need those dirty rotten refs to call the other team on holding every once in a while
Yeah I haven't looked at the stats but I have a feeling a lot of the busts we've had were QB runs or scrambles. It seems crazy but if the SF coach rolls out with some QB run packages with Trey Lance I'll be terrified
Macarthur
NukeAg10 said:

Now do green bay. The east isn't even the worst division in the NFC this year, I believe that's the north.
Fair point.
jteagle
AG
NukeAg10 said:

The North is bad but the Giants have become an absolute dumpster fire. At least the Lions showed some fight toward the end of the season.
NukeAg10
AG
The narrative for all the talk shows and articles is that the niners are terrible matchup for the cowboys, and it's almost surely a loss and wild card round exit. I really hope the cowboys come out and shut them all up, and win comfortably.
09Ag
AG
Does anyone have a recommendation for the best place to buy tickets for the game? The prices on seatgeek are way cheaper than stubhub, but I've never used them before and don't know if there's hidden fees/legit etc.
Wheatables02
AG
As a fan of neither team, I think its a good matchup for Dallas. Much better than Arizona.
dave94
AG
09Ag said:

Does anyone have a recommendation for the best place to buy tickets for the game? The prices on seatgeek are way cheaper than stubhub, but I've never used them before and don't know if there's hidden fees/legit etc.
Seatgeek is the official method for the Cowboys, even when you've purchased directly from them.

I'm seeing some huge fees though on the resale tickets.
09Ag
AG
Gotcha. Ya and the prices have almost doubled since I first checked Sunday night. I'm wondering if I should wait it out to see if they drop, but I'll probably not risk it and just bite the bullet today.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.