********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

197,765 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jtstanley4621
AG
I've dealt with plantar fasciitis, it can be quite painful. Never ended up tearing it though. Not sure what the outlook is with that. Can we catch a break injury-wise?
Ag Natural
AG
Yeah plantar fasciitis sucks and the only treatment is rest. I bet professional athletes get magic injections though.
Legal Custodian
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

I've dealt with plantar fasciitis, it can be quite painful. Never ended up tearing it though. Not sure what the outlook is with that. Can we catch a break injury-wise?
Did it decrease mobility or is it just pain management?
Ag12thman
AG
Geez - that could be a problem. He's been a better, more reliable back than Elliott, IMO.
jtstanley4621
AG
It feels like you're walking with painful rocks under your heels. It's mostly pain management but it can affect mobility since walking or running hurts. There are stretches you can do that help a lot. Also anti-inflammatoires can be used.

But I'm not sure how it differs from a torn plantar fascia, which obviously seems worse. In my head that would require basically immobilizing the foot to let it heal.
GCP12
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Rappaport was actually saying fully tearing it makes it more likely he plays. No clue how that works.
GCP12
AG
jr15aggie
AG
Well, that sucks, but that particular play probably won us the game. Our offense was sputtering until that play. It's as "worth it" as any injury could be.

IMO, we have the players to pretty much throw 80% of the time if we wanted. Got plenty of WRs that can run with the ball... turn short passed into hypothetical running plays and mix it in with down field throws. If Kellen is worth his money we should still score 30 or more.
PooDoo
AG
We'll get to see if our 3rd string HB looks better than Zeke.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Getting Gregory back is huge this week. Defense is finally at full strength. Only person missing is Gallimore? Sucks that Cox went down otherwise I'd feel like we were pretty deep at this point.

Trystan Hill's suspension reduction is great. We're gonna need all the help up front we can get.

Rivera is watching old film and saying "we've ran roughshod all over this defense that last couple times we played them. So did the Broncos."

Cowboys better come ready to strap it up and buckle in. Lose Sunday and the division race is wide open. Win and it's likely locked up.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Gallimore is back also, i believe
gigem1223
I drove bus said:

Gallimore is back also, i believe

Yep. He and Gregory both practiced all week.

Week 13 and we finally get to see our starting DL. Looking forward to seeing a pass rush with a mix of Gregory, Tank and Parsons.
jr15aggie
AG
I'm hoping our fully healthy D-line plays as nasty as I think they can!

In my head they can be one of the top units in the league. Some guys will definitely be limited on snaps this week, but hopefully we can catch a glimpse of their full potential!
Southlake
Well, actually it doesn't matter cause McCarthy guaranteed the win.

So, just relax.
Macarthur
You know what, I think the Cowboys come out this week and play a good game and win this one pretty comfortably. I think they're tired of all the chatter.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think their main need at this point is for Dak to sharpen up. Feedback from Moore this week was that he's rushing through his reads
Ag Since 83
AG
wrong tab, sorry
Txhuntr
AG
Both rb's are very banged up right now. I'm concerned about our ability to run the ball which was our bread and butter weeks 2-6
dave94
AG
We're not running the ball against this Washington defense. Dak and the receiving corps need to step up.
PooDoo
AG
According to this video…. In the past 17 seasons only one other player has recorded over 100 tackles and 10 sacks: James Harrison in his Defensive MVP season

Micah is on pace to do it in his rookie season.

jr15aggie
AG
I really really want us to put a whoopin on The Football Team today. Please football Santa!
gigem1223
No mcKissic today for Washington. Catching a lot of break. Must win.

Line has moved 2.5 pts late. Looks like sharps are on Dallas.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Pollard out
PooDoo
AG
I sure hope so. I'm excited to see what the defense looks like with the returning starters.

Need this secondary to cover today.
BenFiasco14
AG
Wins a win I guess? Especially in the division.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
NukeAg10
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Wins a win I guess? Especially in the division.

Yes, a divisional road win in the NFL is nothing to be angry at. I love the way the defense is playing, hate the way the offense is playing. Dak needs to get out of this funk he's in, otherwise the playoffs will be very short for them.
NukeAg10
AG
Dak had 16 passing yards in the second half, unless I'm wrong in thinking he was at 195 at the end of the first half. He has to be better.
PatAg
AG
98Ag99Grad
AG
That was referenced during the game today. Dak has 16 touchdowns and 5 picks when blitzed. Teams have stopped and dropped more guys in to coverage confusing him. Lack of serious run game is hurting too. Really need Pollard back.
PooDoo
AG
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Daks play has been frustrating lately. I think Kellen Moore needs to freakin adjust and help his quarterback. Mike McCarthy gets all kinds of crap, but his offensive coordinator has not impressed since teams have adjusted.
Txhuntr
AG
Yeah, I don't get ALL of the McCarthy hate. Moore definitely should get a healthy dose. If I see one more screen or bubble screen on 3rd and medium to long, I'm gonna lose it! It has not worked all year
NukeAg10
AG
A green bay loss would certainly help the cowboys seeding, right?
gigem1223
Yep. Hopefully they can pull it off. Sure would've been nice if Buffalo could've pulled it off in Tampa today.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.