********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

192,404 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
gigem1223
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jerry just said Tank is playing Thursday. Also said we might have Gregory and Gallimore back for Washington.
Grapesoda2525
gigem1223 said:

Jerry just said Tank is playing Thursday. Also said we might have Gregory and Gallimore back for Washington.
About damn time. Running out of games for all these rumored guys to be "back".
jr15aggie
AG
The loss of Gregory really sent this team & defense into scramble mode. The Raiders beat us with "throw it deep and get a penalty" because Carr had all day to throw too often. Parsons was obviously incredible, but moving him to DE left a void at LB. We have good DE depth and competent DT play. but you gotta have playmakers on the edges to make a difference.

I still say this could be a nasty defense if we can get and stay healthy. Randy & DLaw coming off the edge with Parsons moving all over the field and a secondary that takes the ball away... could be a really good unit!
Grapesoda2525
jr15aggie said:

The loss of Gregory really sent this team & defense into scramble mode. The Raiders beat us with "throw it deep and get a penalty" because Carr had all day to throw too often. Parsons was obviously incredible, but moving him to DE left a void at LB. We have good DE depth and competent DT play. but you gotta have playmakers on the edges to make a difference.

I still say this could be a nasty defense if we can get and stay healthy. Randy & DLaw coming off the edge with Parsons moving all over the field and a secondary that takes the ball away... could be a really good unit!
Would be nice to see this before January.
Grapesoda2525
How much should we worry about this New Orleans team?

It seems like they are a massive step down from the AFC west beasts we have been struggling with. I know the super dome is a tough place to play, but if we can just leave with a win it would buy us some time to right the ship with the 10 day break coming up after the game is over.
DannyDuberstein
AG
After the last month, everyone is a worry
Goldie Wilson
I don't think they're any less of a worry than Denver or LV
Ag Natural
AG
If you don't stay worried you'll lose for sure.
MookieBlaylock
AG
The Saints are awful which means they are primed to make this a battle

gigem1223
Grapesoda2525 said:

gigem1223 said:

About damn time. Running out of games for all these rumored guys to be "back".

Just in time for the critical stretch of division games
PooDoo
AG
What year Tank are we getting?
gigem1223
Coop traveling with team and will be full go
98Ag99Grad
AG
Lamb back as well?
Macarthur
gigem1223 said:

Coop traveling with team and will be full go

that's good to know.

hopefully, we can get a lead and run the ball the second half and he won't need to grind a full 4 quarters because I would be surprised if he's 100% with his conditioning.
gigem1223
98Ag99Grad said:

Lamb back as well?

That's the word
Enviroag02
AG
I'm hoping this is a Tony Pollard game. I think he has more upside versus this Saints defense. They seem to have a tougher time with RB's who excel on the outside versus an inside smasher type.
Grapesoda2525
Texas longhorn slayer Taysom Hill is starting at QB for the saints.
wangus12
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

I don't think they're any less of a worry than Denver or LV

So expect our defense to get gashed and the offense to look terrible against a less than average team
Macarthur
The Saints will be without Kamara and both OTs. If Dallas doesn't win this one, it is def time to panic.
Grapesoda2525
Macarthur said:

The Saints will be without Kamara and both OTs. If Dallas doesn't win this one, it is def time to panic.
About time we had some injury luck. Seems like the injury bug has been helping other teams more lately.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Both teams royally screwed with 3 games in 12 days

This one is gonna be ugly like all Thursday games

Piss poor product

Saints lost 4 in a row and starting white Cam Newton
jr15aggie
AG
Looks like Kamara is out as well as two of their offensive tackles (I assume both starters). They are also missing a couple DE and a LB.

Sound familiar?

If we can't beat this team riddled with injuries now that we are starting to get healthy, we've got some big time problems.
Ag Natural
AG
Fun fact. This is the first time all season that Dallas will have Zeke, Dak, Smith, Martin, Cooper, Lamb and Gallup all on the field for a game (at least to start).

Also throw in DLaw.
gigem1223
8-4 and a mini bye.

Get Gregory back and this defense is gonna be fun. Zeke and Coop need to get healthy and the offense needs to figure it out. Could put this division away early.
jr15aggie
AG
Well, they certainly aren't peaking too early.

Time to catch our breath and get some stuff worked out.
jtstanley4621
AG
Not gonna lie I feel like that hurry up play we got after the Lamb catch that wasn't really a catch is the first one we've successfully gotten ran in at least a decade if not more
BenFiasco14
AG
Love beating the Saints in their house. Don't care how good or bad they are.

Good win by Dallas albeit lots of questionable **** went down. Who cares 8-4 let's go win the whole damn thing
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
MookieBlaylock
AG
That a tough gauntlet
Time for a 10 day break and hope Dak gets healthy bc that version is awful
STX Ag
AG
I understand that they don't want Dak to get re-injured, but taking away the threat of him running takes away a huge dimension of this offense IMO. Seems like even 3-4 designed draws, zone reads or bootlegs would do wonders in loosening up the defense.
NukeAg10
AG
STX Ag said:

I understand that they don't want Dak to get re-injured, but taking away the threat of him running takes away a huge dimension of this offense IMO. Seems like even 3-4 designed draws, zone reads or bootlegs would do wonders in loosening up the defense.

The few times they ran something that appeared to be a zone read, the defense didn't even respect Dak running the ball. He could definitely break a run or two a game. First play on the first drive he had a wide open field in front of him, but instead threw to a covered lamb.
STX Ag
AG
Yeah he could have easily run for the 1st there. But, he did have Lamb for a TD, so I understand why he didnt.
JAggie2007
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Not gonna lie I feel like that hurry up play we got after the Lamb catch that wasn't really a catch is the first one we've successfully gotten ran in at least a decade if not more
"Successfully." Haha they still had trouble getting lined up and set correctly, Payton still had time to challenge and I thought he was going to. They barely got away with that one.
jr15aggie
AG
I can only hope that Dak is just waiting until it really matters to start running again. Was a big part of his game, even though he is a throw first guy. You gotta make them pay with your legs.

All that man press coverage teams are throwing at us can get burned if Dak starts tucking and running it.
Chipotlemonger
AG
jr15aggie said:

I can only hope that Dak is just waiting until it really matters to start running again. Was a big part of his game, even though he is a throw first guy. You gotta make them pay with your legs.

All that man press coverage teams are throwing at us can get burned if Dak starts tucking and running it.

I think he's just saving it. This is playing smart right now. It's a marathon not a sprint at 8-4!
ChoppinDs40
AG
I think he's overconfident in his throwing ability and wants to make big plays rather than just taking what they're giving him. Dude!! You already got your $150mm contract. Just go win games now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.