********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

192,416 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
Macarthur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think Dak is still hampered by the calf. I think that's why he's not running and I think it's affected his accuracy.

My bigger issue is Kellen Moore and who ever has the decision on distribution of plays, esp as it relates to RB.

Sturm posted on twitter that the first third of the football season is your offense doing good things, the second third is the defenses figuring you out and having some struggles, the last third is about how you then adjust to those adjustments and go into the playoffs. That's where we are now....Moore has to make some adjustments to how defenses are playing Dallas. It hasn't helped that the WR position has been gimpy, but that appears to be changing.

I would like to see a couple of things the next couple of weeks to hopefully give the offense some swagger back:

flip the touches for Pollard. He needs double the touches as Zeke and that goes back to my earlier point about who makes those decisions. In fact, I think I would sit Zeke this next week. That would give him more than 2 weeks to rest.

Stop running the football on early long yardage situations. A 2nd and long run is a waste of a play and so predicable in this offense. The strength of this team is QB and WR. Use it....a lot!

I would love to see them go more no huddle semi-hurry up. Dak is really good in those situations and it doesn't allow the defense to adjust.
Macarthur
I bad mouthed Dak about that INT last night, but kinda hard to throw when you're getting whacked in the head.

ChemAg15
AG
Seems like the running game has really stalled the last few weeks. With defenders in the back field before the handoff it doesn't really matter if it's zeke or pollard. The flea flicker was a busted play because the RB almost got tackled before pitching it back to Dak.

I feel this team will go as far as the offensive line will carry them.
Grapesoda2525
ChemAg15 said:

Seems like the running game has really stalled the last few weeks. With defenders in the back field before the handoff it doesn't really matter if it's zeke or pollard. The flea flicker was a busted play because the RB almost got tackled before pitching it back to Dak.

I feel this team will go as far as the offensive line will carry them.
We almost beat TB by passing 80% of the game. Maybe it's still a possibility in January.
jtstanley4621
AG
Have always felt like the best combo for this team is to pass to set up the run. Get Dak quick passes and reads and then run once they can't stack the box. We have the WR and TE talent to do that with everyone healthy
Legal Custodian
AG
If we can beat Washington next week, we could have a 4 game lead on the division with 4 left to play. Pretty much wrapping up the division (depending on what Philly and Washington do this weekend). Washington is playing at the Raiders on Sunday and the Eagles are playing at the Jets.

Pretty much, the magic number is 2 to wrap up the division. And we have the following schedule remaining

@ Washington
@ Giants
vs. Washington
vs. Cardinals
@ Philly

I think we need to go 4-1 over these last 5 to get out of the four spot. It seems pretty doable but we'll need some help with either the bucs or packers losing 2 the rest of the way.
Grapesoda2525
Legal Custodian said:

If we can beat Washington next week, we could have a 4 game lead on the division with 4 left to play. Pretty much wrapping up the division (depending on what Philly and Washington do this weekend). Washington is playing at the Raiders on Sunday and the Eagles are playing at the Jets.

Pretty much, the magic number is 2 to wrap up the division. And we have the following schedule remaining

@ Washington
@ Giants
vs. Washington
vs. Cardinals
@ Philly

I think we need to go 4-1 over these last 5 to get out of the four spot. It seems pretty doable but we'll need some help with either the bucs or packers losing 2 the rest of the way.
Win the next 4 and rest everyone of consequence for the Philly game.
Grapesoda2525
Can we give a shout out to the punter Bryan Anger? We used to complain about that loser Chris Jones so much on this thread and his 40 yard per punt high school average. Anger is punting the ball like a man possessed, like the ball boned his wife or something.
jr15aggie
AG
Bryan Anger punts footballs like they fooled around with his wife!
PooDoo
AG
PatAg
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Can we give a shout out to the punter Bryan Anger? We used to complain about that loser Chris Jones so much on this thread and his 40 yard per punt high school average. Anger is punting the ball like a man possessed, like the ball boned his wife or something.
I think only you did
jteagle
AG
PatAg said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

I think only you did
That's the way I remember it!
Grapesoda2525
PatAg said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

I think only you did
There should've been more people hating on him then. He was worthless the last 5 years or so he was here.
Daveintx
Outside of Miami so far, doesn't look like anyone's doing the Cowboys any favors today
Grapesoda2525
Daveintx said:

Outside of Miami so far, doesn't look like anyone's doing the Cowboys any favors today
You must be really reaching to consider the Miami - NYG game a good result. NYG isn't a threat to win the division, if anything we would want them to win to hurt their draft positioning.
Ag Natural
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Daveintx said:

You must be really reaching to consider the Miami - NYG game a good result. NYG isn't a threat to win the division, if anything we would want them to win to hurt their draft positioning.

Its actually a win-win either way because Philly has Miamis pick.
NukeAg10
AG
That would've been PI against the cowboys last week.
jr15aggie
AG
NukeAg10 said:

Amazing isn't it. Just wow.
gigem1223
Washington has rattled off 4 in a row. A W next week would put a dagger in their hopes for the division. Lose and it's wide open.
MookieBlaylock
AG
jr15aggie said:

NukeAg10 said:

Amazing isn't it. Just wow.

The announcer trying ro sell it as hand fighting
Ummm that was the def of pass interference
Grapesoda2525
gigem1223 said:

Washington has rattled off 4 in a row. A W next week would put a dagger in their hopes for the division. Lose and it's wide open.
Not concerned about Washington coming to Dallas and leaving with a win in prime time.
jr15aggie
AG
If Dallas can get somewhat close to the kind of ball they were playing earlier in the year, they will beat
Washington by 2 or 3 scores.
gigem1223
Well that New England win is looking better every week
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
gigem1223 said:

Yeah but those Broncos and Raiders losses look worse. Weird season.
Ag12thman
AG
gigem1223 said:

They are a lot better now than when Dallas played them. Belichick teams always defend well and Matt Jones is getting better and better. Might be the hottest team in the league right now.
gigem1223
Ag12thman said:

gigem1223 said:

They are a lot better now than when Dallas played them. Belichick teams always defend well and Matt Jones is getting better and better. Might be the hottest team in the league right now.

It's a week to week league. Still doesn't change the fact we beat them in Foxborough.
Grapesoda2525
gigem1223 said:

Ag12thman said:

gigem1223 said:

It's a week to week league. Still doesn't change the fact we beat them in Foxborough.
Dak played a hell of a game. He was out of his mind.
Grapesoda2525
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

gigem1223 said:

Yeah but those Broncos and Raiders losses look worse. Weird season.
Bronco game can be chalked up to over confidence and the raider game was the biggest 50/50 game I've ever seen. We seemed to be the more unlucky team with the breaks and calls so we unfortunately took the loss.
gigem1223
Looks like we're catching a break Sunday. WFT will be without their best pass rusher, Montez Sweat due to Covid.
ChoppinDs40
AG
gigem1223 said:

Looks like we're catching a break Sunday. WFT will be without their best pass rusher, Montez Sweat due to Covid.

And Logan Thomas to the IR. Good pass catching TEs eat us up.
Saint Pablo
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/09/mike-mccarthy-back-in-cowboys-facility-declares-were-going-to-win-this-game/

Mike McCarthy back. Declares we are going to win this game. Not sure why you would come out and do this...especially when they beat our asses last year twice.
gigem1223
I mean he wasn't lying
Txhuntr
AG
That reeks of something more fitting for an eagles coach. He better win the damn game now
Ag12thman
AG
Yeah, really stupid to open your mouth like this. Just let your play do the talking, IMO.
Ag Natural
AG
Most over blown thing in sports "journalism". The coach who thinks they are going to win! Oh no! What if the opponent finds out!!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.