********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

192,386 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
MookieBlaylock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So McCarthy is an upgrade
Good to know
gigem1223
Lamb out today
toucan82
I won't believe it until Matthew Berry tweets it
ChoppinDs40
AG
Confirmed.

If we don't win today, I sense a big slide coming. Next 3 on the road at NO, Wash, NYG. Not good.
BenFiasco14
AG
Yeah this is feeling more and more like a bell weather game. Need to win this one
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
gigem1223
Now 3 assistant coaches out too with Covid
duck79
AG
And 3 asst coaches out too. Lol.
PatAg
AG
Lot of battered ags today
jtstanley4621
AG
There it is: the McCarthy blunder that finally cost us big time. Had we not decided to go for 2 after the penalty we would have won the game on that final drive by Dak. We are not a good 2 point conversion offense this year, barely over .500 in attempts.

This raiders team is not good. I don't care about injuries. This is a game you shouldn't have lost period. There is no excuse this time around.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Zuerlein needs to pack his bags, brown needs to be on the bench and never play another down on defense, need to find a replacement for Mac or just send him packing and let Kellen take over, LVE needs to be cut tomorrow, Pollard needs to be RB1
BenFiasco14
AG
Dallas racked up 166 yards worth of penalties against the raiders today.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
bonfarr
AG
Looking forward to replacing Tyron Smith and using that $20 million a year to build a defensive line. This no-name defensive line is a big liability. Need some corners as well.
duck79
AG
McCarthy needs to go scorched earth on the officials post game. Get a huge fine and let Jerry pay it behind the scenes.
ChoppinDs40
AG
bonfarr said:

Looking forward to replacing Tyron Smith and using that $20 million a year to build a defensive line. This no-name defensive line is a big liability. Need some corners as well.

Tyron is possibly the best bargain in the league for a Probowl LT. I think he's at $10mm/year.

Get Zeke off the payroll and trade Tank Lawrence.
98Ag99Grad
AG
28 penalties called. Atrocious crew.
Ag Natural
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

There it is: the McCarthy blunder that finally cost us big time. Had we not decided to go for 2 after the penalty we would have won the game on that final drive by Dak. We are not a good 2 point conversion offense this year, barely over .500 in attempts.

This raiders team is not good. I don't care about injuries. This is a game you shouldn't have lost period. There is no excuse this time around.

Um, no. If he had kicked there then we kick later to tie instead of going for two. Outcome is the same.
mavsfan4ever
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

This is wrong in so many ways. I wasn't a big fan of the play call but going for two there was correct (was correct even before we got the penalty) and in no way cost us the game.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Yeah he decides to go for 2 then they pitch the ball 5 yards deep. Trying to show how smart they are with that play call screwed them.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Yea totally agree on the play call. If that's what you're calling then just go for two before the penalty. And even then I wouldn't like that play call.
PatAg
AG
All Schultz has to do is block the guy for a second, and Pollard scores untouched. Now, Schultz struggled to make that block in space all game, and the last few games as well (probably longer). So maybe that is the mistake right there.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Too many moving parts on that play. Hand off, pitch, multiple guys blocking in space. Just a lot going on for 1 yard.
ChoppinDs40
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Too many moving parts on that play. Hand off, pitch, multiple guys blocking in space. Just a lot going on for 1 yard.

I would have liked Dak to walk up like he was going to audible and talk to the OLand then just take the snap and fall forward… THREE FEET. QB sneak there goes in easy.
98Ag99Grad
AG
So when McCarthy gets canned does Jerry promote Moore or Quinn?
Trucker 96
jtstanley4621 said:

LOL. It cost them nothing. If they kicked a PAT earlier, they would have just kicked a PAT for the tie at the end. Actually converting the 2 at the end made it all moot
wangus12
AG
So when the Eagles somehow inexplicably win the division they'll fir McCarthy right?
Ag Natural
AG
Yall realize Moore calls the plays right. That same play converted earlier in the season.
jtstanley4621
AG
Oops. Wasn't taking into account going for 2 that second time. My bad. I still stand behind the sentiment that that was an inexcusable loss, and I do not trust big games in McCarthy's hands.
Hoss Bronco
AG
Missing the first PAT cost us.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Hoss Bronco said:

Missing the first PAT cost us.

Yup. Hung over our heads the whole game.
YouBet
AG
PooDoo
AG
Did McCarthy ever say why he didn't burn a TO to try to challenge the recovered fumble?

Even if you only have 2 TO's left you got to take a closer look at a play that would be a season/career highlight especially since it put us in FG range.
ChemAg15
AG
I think it was called a fumble on the field and then the booth reviewed it and changed it to an incomplete pass. Since the booth reviewed it already they aren't going to overrule themselves and change it back to a fumble so there is no point in challenging or calling TO.
ChemAg15
AG
I'll add that as bad as the refs were yesterday I think they got the no fumble/incomplete pass call right. In the NFL they call that incomplete everytime. They've just decided that a receiver has to take like 3 full steps before they become a runner and fully posses the ball. Even though it looks like a catch in slow motion, they consistently call plays like that incomplete.
NukeAg10
AG
ChemAg15 said:

I think it was called a fumble on the field and then the booth reviewed it and changed it to an incomplete pass. Since the booth reviewed it already they aren't going to overrule themselves and change it back to a fumble so there is no point in challenging or calling TO.

It wasn't reviewed. The refs just decided 3 mins later it wasn't a catch.
Grapesoda2525
They keep saying Gregory, Lawrence, lamb, and Cooper are coming back.

Well… it's time for us to stop talking about them coming back and for them to actually come back. This team looks like **** and they don't seem to have an identity right now. Thank god we aren't playing the AFC west anymore. Every game against them was a massive struggle.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.