********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

192,380 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
Ag12thman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Same as it's been for years. The D will likely cost this team in the end. Several penalties helped them a ton today and they really aren't very good on third down especially so far.
98Ag99Grad
AG
McCarthy is a doofus and hasn't impressed at all since he's been here. Pollard is now your best back. Huge having Martin back and Steele had a solid game.
Grapesoda2525
Ag12thman said:

Same as it's been for years. The D will likely cost this team in the end. Several penalties helped them a ton today and they really aren't very good on third down especially so far.
Brings back horrid memories of 3rd and chavis.
Legal Custodian
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

McCarthy is a doofus and hasn't impressed at all since he's been here. Pollard is now your best back. Huge having Martin back and Steele had a solid game.

I was real impressed with Steele's play. I can think of only one play where he got blown up. I think it was one of the sacks
Legal Custodian
Ag12thman
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Yeah, I should have said the defense or McCarthy will likely cost this team in the end. He sure tried to today.
gigem1223
Some of y'all need to get a damn dog. We win a game missing 6 starters on the road, against a solid team and some of you guys act as if we lost. This is the nfl. Wins are never easy.
Macarthur
Ag12thman said:

I think you're being a bit too harsh here. Sure, the D is not the strength of the team so it stands to reason if they don't win it all, it will because of the D, but this defense clearly is better and better coached than last year.

We will be getting some players back from injury and hopefully our 2nd round CB will be ready soon…they should get better as the season goes along.
Macarthur
Legal Custodian said:

98Ag99Grad said:

I was real impressed with Steele's play. I can think of only one play where he got blown up. I think it was one of the sacks
I thought Steele looked really good. He more than held his own against Bosa and I saw him pancake someone once or twice. Looks like a diff player this year.
Macarthur
And don't look now, but the Cowboys are actually getting pretty decent Safety play. Hooker should get better and better as he comes back and Kazee and Kearse were pretty damn good.
gigem1223
Agreed Kearse definitely played well today
jr15aggie
AG
I commented about Kearse in pre season. Didn't even know he was on the team going into camp. But every time he gets on the field he shows up.

PS: That pass breakup leading to an INT was beautifully played. The PI was a pathetic call considering that same side judge held the flag when Samuel was all over our guy on 4th down.
jr15aggie
AG
I'll add Dalton Schultz to the list of guys balling out. Been so clutch on big catches in tight spaces. Also proving tough to tackle... getting extra yards when there isn't much there.
Grapesoda2525
gigem1223 said:

Some of y'all need to get a damn dog. We win a game missing 6 starters on the road, against a solid team and some of you guys act as if we lost. This is the nfl. Wins are never easy.
The complaining would've been a lot less if we could actually remember what the chargers punter looked like or what his average for the game was.
jteagle
AG
TheCougarHunter said:

jteagle said:

TheCougarHunter said:

jtstanley4621 said:

A win is a win but the lack of urgency on that final drive was terrible. Betting on Greg the leg to make a 56 yarder after what he did last week is an iffy call at best. McCarthy is really lucky it worked out

Yeah I was about to get my pitch fork out if he didn't make that kick.

The dude sucks
Calm down. He had a bad game last week. He did everything that was asked of him today including kicking a game winner. What else do you want?

I was referring to McCarthy, not the leg.
Sorry, the way you said it, I thought you meant Greg.
gigem1223
Grapesoda2525 said:

gigem1223 said:

The complaining would've been a lot less if we could actually remember what the chargers punter looked like or what his average for the game was.

They scored 17 points….
jr15aggie
AG
Well, the schedule is very winnable over the next 7 weeks.

If we could go 6-1 during this stretch we'll go into the halfway point at 7-2. Schedule is tougher 2nd half of the season. If this team is who we hope they are, we need to string together some wins.

Starts next week with Philly... lose that game and we are probably looking at a slightly better than .500 season.
jr15aggie
AG
Another guy I noticed today... our rookie DT Odigy (I won't try and spell it out).

He was disruptive at times. Like the rest of the dline, not consistent enough yet, but shows promise.
NukeAg10
AG
Agreed. With the win today, it's absolutely within reach to be at worst 6-3, possibly 8-1 if the defense can just be average.
gigem1223
Eagles suffered a pretty big injury today, losing Brandon Graham for the season.
Ag Natural
AG
Im pretty confused about the universal hate of Mccarthy. Its pretty funny that most everyone thinks Moore and Quinn are good but the guy who hired/retained them isn't.

Honestly, this team playing with creativity and effort. I dont have a problem with the headcoach. I liked that his expectations were very high during the HardKnocks footage.
gigem1223
Ag Natural said:

Im pretty confused about the universal hate of Mccarthy. Its pretty funny that most everyone thinks Moore and Quinn are good but the guy who hired/retained them isn't.

Honestly, this team playing with creativity and effort. I dont have a problem with the headcoach. I liked that his expectations were very high during the HardKnocks footage.

Haven't you learned yet? McCarthy didn't win a super bowl, Aaron Rodgers did. He's just a fat bumbling stooge that has lucked his way into good assistants, QBs and ~.600 career coaching record.
Ag Natural
AG
gigem1223 said:

Ag Natural said:

Haven't you learned yet? McCarthy didn't win a super bowl, Aaron Rodgers did. He's just a fat bumbling stooge that has lucked his way into good assistants, QBs and ~.600 career coaching record.

Very true. But he's skinnier than Reid. And coaching Rodgers is no picnic.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Man...I keep thinking about it and that was a really, really weird game to watch. All the penalties, the Chargers having two TDs taken off the board, the forward motion "sack" on Herbert, the weird no time out deal at the end to settle for a 56(!) yarder to win it as the clock expires.
Southlake
So, final drive, Dallas has the ball, 3rd down, 1 time out left. 56 yd. fg. 32 seconds.

Easily time for any play to get closer. Perhaps get a first down and then get closer.

Dallas mills around until they call a timeout with a few seconds left and settle for a 56 yarder.

Can you imagine what folks would be saying if we missed the long FG? And lost in OT? I thought Romo was going to have a heart attack as the time ticked off.

I actually felt better about this team after they lost to TB.
Ag Natural
AG
Well he made the kick.
Ag Natural
AG
I dont like using Parsons as a DE long term. But the fact is the dude filled in for a game and provided more pressure than anyone else. I was really encouraged by the rest of the DL stepping up to stop the Chargers running game. Its pretty clear the overall talent level of this defense has increased.
Grapesoda2525
Will we get anyone back next week?

I'm assuming Gregory and Wilson.
birdman
It wasn't ideal, but the end game was not the disaster that everybody claims.

If Dallas sprints up to the line to run another play, it might backfire. Maybe Dallas throws a quick incomplete pass. Clock stops with 30 seconds. That wasn't a chip shot field goal attempt. If he misses, Chargers have the ball at the 47 yard line. Chargers essentially need to complete one pass and they are in field goal range.

There was some value in running the clock down to zero.

And it was a tied game. McCarthy calls that differently if Dallas was losing by a point on that final drive.
jr15aggie
AG
That 2nd down play really messed it all up. They thought worst case that sweep would get a first down. Best case it goes for 15+. It had worked all day after all.

I was shocked when they stuffed it and left us in no man's land.

To be fair, that entire drive was tricky. Priority 1 was to leave them no time on the clock. On the flip side you know Charger fans are pissed today... all those timeouts and they didn't use any of them. I think that surprised Dallas as well. It worked out in the end, but was definitely a chess match.
NukeAg10
AG
There was 17 seconds left when they got to the line, so they had enough time to run 2 more plays with the timeout. The chargers weren't going to have enough time to run anything.
BMX Bandit
Washington next division game is December 12. Very odd scheduling
gigem1223
NukeAg10 said:

There was 17 seconds left when they got to the line, so they had enough time to run 2 more plays with the timeout. The chargers weren't going to have enough time to run anything.

Sure they did. They also could've had a penalty, which they're known to do, or a fumble. Crazy things happen, just ask Andy Reid after last night (CEH fumble).
Unemployed
AG
So the game clock went out on the scoreboard hanging over the field.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32241226/plan-play-56-yard-kick-decide-game
PooDoo
AG
birdman
NukeAg10 said:

You are assuming they make the first down.

It was 3rd down. They had single play left, plus the kick. And if the 3rd down pass was incomplete, you've given the Chargers a chance. By loitering, Dallas guaranteed that Chargers wouldn't get a opportunity in regulation.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.