********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

188,873 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
Goldie Wilson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MookieBlaylock said:

New game see how long I can watch the mannings do Monday night football

I made it 60 seconds of awful
The low score of our friend group weekly pick em has to live tweet the first half of the Manning MNF. It's been the best bet payoff we've ever come up with
Ag Natural
AG
Gerald McCoy just carted off the field. I heard some Cowboy critics saying the Boys should have resigned him.
98Ag99Grad
AG
wangus12 said:

And Michael Gallup possibly out 3-5 weeks now

Yep. On IR and earliest he can come back is Oct 10. Calf injury apparently.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Ag Natural said:

Gerald McCoy just carted off the field. I heard some Cowboy critics saying the Boys should have resigned him.

This is a pretty weak post.
Ag Natural
AG
Noted. Thanks for the evaluation.

I feel bad for Mccoy. But its a lesson on not signing aging players with injury issues. For once the Cowboys passed and I've heard multiple dummies criticizing the FO for that decision.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Ag Natural said:

Who??? There were questions about what he had left before last year and everyone learned he was washed up. Some may have wondered if they would try again, but i haven't seen anyone criticize them for deciding not to. I'm surprised he signed anywhere, although this deal was barely more than the minimum (actually may have been the minimum for his experience)
Southlake
Cowboy game plan against The Chargers? What say you?

Dak over / Under 40 passes

Zeke over / under 20 rushes.

As much as I really like to see Dallas under 30 passes and Our ground game firmly established, I think McCarthy is too enamored with the pass and Moore is too impatient to establish the run.

Bet Dak throws 40+ passes and we don't run more than 20 times.

Of course, just win…
Ag Natural
AG
I don't have any problem with throwing every down if that's your advantage. I think too often coaches try to balance just for the sake of balancing. You go look at the Patriots with Brady. They would have years where he threw it 50 times a game and other years where they led the league in rush attempts.

In this game I think they run it a lot more. Bosa going against Steele is a mismatch in their favor and it's not going to end well if Dak is dropping back every play. You'll need to do something to slow that rush.
Macarthur
Southlake said:

Cowboy game plan against The Chargers? What say you?

Dak over / Under 40 passes

Zeke over / under 20 rushes.

As much as I really like to see Dallas under 30 passes and Our ground game firmly established, I think McCarthy is too enamored with the pass and Moore is too impatient to establish the run.

Bet Dak throws 40+ passes and we don't run more than 20 times.

Of course, just win…
If you read about the press conf this week, Dak checked out of quite a few runs based on the look TB was giving him. If you have a top flight QB and you trust him, that's how you roll.

And as others have said, this team's strength is QB and WR (Gallup injury notwithstanding). Don't have any issue with that game plan.

I suspect they will be very cognizant of Bosa and send help that way often. The Chargers are good, but certainly not better than what we just saw. If we play well, we should win. Gonna be a tough game though. It's quite possible that 2 of their 3 toughest games this year are the one's that start the season. Even 0-2 is not a death sentence for the season.
wangus12
AG
Demarcus Lawrence broke his foot.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
FFS
jr15aggie
AG
wangus12 said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Terrible break (no pun intended) for Dallas.
Ag Natural
AG
Man this team is cursed
TyHolden
AG
DLaw out for the season?
dave94
AG
MaximusDMeridius said:

DLaw out for the season?

6-8 weeks.
PooDoo
AG
wangus12 said:

Luckily we drafted Taco Charlton to prepare for this day
PatAg
AG
wangus12 said:

fk
TheCougarHunter
AG
We now have a backup LB, average RB and broken DE taking up a significant portion of our cap.

Meanwhile TJ Watt continues to wreak havoc on offenses, and Taco Charlton is hanging out with Bigfoot.

What a joke of a front office. Nothing will change until JJ and his family are gone.
Law Hall 69-72
AG
"Nothing will change until JJ and his family are gone."

Well, that gets us to the end of time. Maybe after that.
jr15aggie
AG
TheCougarHunter said:

What a joke of a front office. Nothing will change until JJ and his family are gone.

I know... Robert Kraft never would have allowed D-Law to break his foot! Hate that Jerry!!!
jtstanley4621
AG
TheCougarHunter said:

We now have a backup LB, average RB and broken DE taking up a significant portion of our cap.

Meanwhile TJ Watt continues to wreak havoc on offenses, and Taco Charlton is hanging out with Bigfoot.

Only hope in my opinion is once Jerry dies Stephen actually hires a GM. I think there's about a 60 percent chance of him assuming the same role that Jerry has though
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
TheCougarHunter said:

But but but we don't have a position for Watt!!
TheCougarHunter
AG
jr15aggie said:

TheCougarHunter said:

I know... Robert Kraft never would have allowed D-Law to break his foot! Hate that Jerry!!!

Not sure what you're getting at here. D-Law has been hurt numerous times even before this broken foot and they still overpaid him big time.
Grapesoda2525
I think we were all expecting this team to beat the chargers after the performance they put up against the super bowl champion buccaneers.

Now with Gallup, collins, and Lawrence missing the game? I'm not so sure anymore.
PooDoo
AG
jr15aggie said:

TheCougarHunter said:

Kraft probably wouldn't have paid Law like an elite pass rusher after his 1st double digit sack year in a contract year. Plus iirc about 8 of his 14.5 sacks were stunts where a teammate picked his blocker
ac04
jtstanley4621
AG
TheCougarHunter said:

jr15aggie said:

TheCougarHunter said:

Not sure what you're getting at here. D-Law has been hurt numerous times even before this broken foot and they still overpaid him big time.

Just…. Carrying water for Jerry for no real reason? The flaw of the cowboys roster for years has been if a star player goes down we typically have zero depth behind them, all thanks to Jerry the GM. Our DE rotation for the foreseeable future is now led by Randy Gregory and a bunch of at best complimentary DEs
Ag Natural
AG
I just don't see the point in constantly complaining about Jerry Jones. I look at the way some other organizations operate look at the Rams. They trade away all their picks to get a few superstars. Guess what? If one of them go down they don't have quality depth.. and NO PICKS. The Cowboys would get crucified.

Everyone laments the Zeke pick, I get it. So what if they would have landed Bosa? Is he worth the huge contract? He has also missed significant time in 3 out of his 5 seasons. Would we be killing the Cowboys for that too?
Southlake
It's ginning up to be one of those games where nothing is in the Cowboys favor - away game- injuries on both lines and skill positions but teams bow up in these situations and gut out a win.

jtstanley4621
AG
We are the ONLY organization in the NFL where the owner is also the GM. That is worth complaining about endlessly IMO. Jerry refuses to relinquish power. We can't start over at GM like any other team in the league could if they have a bunch of bad trades or contract signings because our effing GM OWNs the team.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Ag Natural said:

I just don't see the point in constantly complaining about Jerry Jones. I look at the way some other organizations operate look at the Rams. They trade away all their picks to get a few superstars. Guess what? If one of them go down they don't have quality depth.. and NO PICKS. The Cowboys would get crucified.

Everyone laments the Zeke pick, I get it. So what if they would have landed Bosa? Is he worth the huge contract? He has also missed significant time in 3 out of his 5 seasons. Would we be killing the Cowboys for that too?

Ramsey?
Macarthur
jtstanley4621 said:

We are the ONLY organization in the NFL where the owner is also the GM. That is worth complaining about endlessly IMO. Jerry refuses to relinquish power. We can't start over at GM like any other team in the league could if they have a bunch of bad trades or contract signings because our effing GM OWNs the team.

You really think Jerry does the work that a GM does?
jtstanley4621
AG
No I don't, and that's part of the problem. There is not a real GM. It's Jerry masquerading as one with advisors who at times turn into yes men
Macarthur
jtstanley4621 said:

No I don't, and that's part of the problem. There is not a real GM. It's Jerry masquerading as one with advisors who at times turn into yes men

The day to day work that a GM does is done by Will McClay, and he's solid. Been courted by several teams over the years, but JJ takes good care of him. I don't worry about that type of stuff.

The problem currently, as I see it, is how contracts are handled. I THINK most of that work is done by Stephen and then Jerry comes in and out of those discussions. And I think Stephen has some diff thoughts than Jerry, but I think Stephen has questionable judgement, as well. the Zeke contract is a perfect example. Stephen has shown to be very frugal, and then they hauled off and did the Zeke thing when they really didn't have to....I suspect that Jerry got involved and wanted that to get done. That's some of the instances that still hurt this franchise.

Keep in mind, Stephen was the one that kept Jerry from drafting Johnny Football, so not everyone in the room is a yes man.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.