********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

192,378 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
BenFiasco14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had no idea Connor mcgregor, post Malone, and emperor palpatine all know each other
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
jr15aggie
AG
Listen up men (and possibly ladies?)...

This team took the ball with a tied football game, a defense that was out of magic, and almost 4 minutes on the clock. The Chargers had all 3 time-outs. The men in blue took the ball right down the field, consumed the entire 3:49, and won the game.

Where I'm sitting, that was a helluva job by all involved! No, the last :45 seconds weren't pretty at all, but the previous 3:00 of offense was beautifully done! Go Cowboys!
jr15aggie
AG
Went back and looked at that 2nd down sweep to Pollard at the end. Bosa was unblocked (just like earlier in the game) and he was beaten to the outside. Pollard turned inside and would have powered through the 2 DBs for a 1st down... but the LB/Safety coming from the middle blew it up instead.

Watch Lamb... he had that guy dead to rights, but he did the "o'ley" move and let him go. It sure looked like he was avoiding the personal foul crack back block. I think he felt like Pollard was gone to the outside and it wasn't worth the risk.

PatAg
AG
birdman said:

It wasn't ideal, but the end game was not the disaster that everybody claims.

If Dallas sprints up to the line to run another play, it might backfire. Maybe Dallas throws a quick incomplete pass. Clock stops with 30 seconds. That wasn't a chip shot field goal attempt. If he misses, Chargers have the ball at the 47 yard line. Chargers essentially need to complete one pass and they are in field goal range.

There was some value in running the clock down to zero.

And it was a tied game. McCarthy calls that differently if Dallas was losing by a point on that final drive.
It was. The idea would be to get another play in, either a run or a pass, and call timeout then kick the FG with the clock expiring. Taking 5-10 yards off the kick would have been a noticeable decrease in difficulty on the kick.
Macarthur
So Twitter world is lit up w how well parsons did.

So, do we move him to DE full time?

I'm mixed. If we do that, that means Jaylon gets more snaps.

However, there's no doubt he has more impact at DE. I will say that I saw him lose contain a couple of times so I do think if an OC has time to scheme him, they can take advantage of some of his aggressiveness.

I think the best thing is to use him in a hybrid role this seasons and work in the off-season on the transition to full time DE for next season.
jr15aggie
AG
I think the answer is Parsons plays everywhere. Let D-Law pound on some JAG RT all game and then let Parsons go after that same guy on occasion. But I still really want Micah at LB as well... I think he's going to be a part of so many turnovers as a LB both directly and indirectly.
Vince Blake
Maybe you do move him full time DE. I believe a Demarcus Lawrence cut next season has a huge cap savings.
Ag Natural
AG
Parson's speed makes him a difference maker no matter where you put him. I was worried about him wearing down as a DE especially dealing with the running game. But in his post game interview he was saying that he was frustrated everytime they took him out. "I was just getting warmed up!"

This kid is a player.
BenFiasco14
AG
Didn't realize we have MNF next week. Ugh. I hate waiting that long

I guess the extra rest will be nice to try and win our first divisional game
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Macarthur
Saw someone bring up this point and it's a good one.

The fact that Dallas went toe to toe with Brady having to throw the ball all over the place and then the next week have a game plan that runs for 200 yards when it was clear they were trying to protect the D, shows that this offense is very talented and very diverse.

This offense has got to be a nightmare to game plan.
98Ag99Grad
AG
That's actually perfect. I can watch the Ryder Cup all day Sunday without worrying about changing channels like I'll have to do Saturday.
Macarthur
Vince Blake said:

Maybe you do move him full time DE. I believe a Demarcus Lawrence cut next season has a huge cap savings.
But I think Gregory is free after this season. I think you keep Tank and pair him with Parsons.
PatAg
AG
So then what about the LB situation, which you drafted Parsons to fix?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Edge rushers are the most valued position in the league. If you find a guy that can do it extremely well, you turn him loose at it. Adequate LB's can be found much more easily via FA and the draft
jr15aggie
AG
A lot of us figured Martin would move to RT... instead they kept him at guard and that proved to be a fantastic decision!

In the same way I expect Parsons back at LB as soon as Gregory is back. It's nice to have the position flex luxury when the **** really hits the fan, but we need him balling out at LB. With Gregory back our DE rotation should be OK for the time being.
Macarthur
DannyDuberstein said:

Edge rushers are the most valued position in the league. If you find a guy that can do it extremely well, you turn him loose at it. Adequate LB's can be found much more easily via FA and the draft

Agree. I think Cox will be worked in as the year goes along and you suppliment in FA and the draft again. LBer is typically a position you can always find value.
Macarthur

Kids going to be a great find
DannyDuberstein
AG
Parsons is also very much a seek and destroy kind of defender. I'm not sure how much I want him standing back there, making decisions on whether to drop or attack, etc. It was his first NFL game, but as someone mentioned above, TB neutralized him in that game as far as an impact player.
Southlake
Yup, it all worked out just fine, but that's not the way to do it. Sooner or later McCarthy will blow a big call.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Did Jaylon have more dances than tackles?
DannyDuberstein
AG
On that last possession, McCarthy's explanation was that they intended to run another play, but (1) a player came off the field that shouldn't have and (2) the play clock McCarthy was using blanked out. So they lost their bearing on the time and once they lost their window, the only option was to just play for the kick
DannyDuberstein
AG
On that last possession, McCarthy's explanation was that they intended to run another play, but (1) a player came off the field that shouldn't have and (2) the game clock McCarthy was using blanked out. So they lost their bearing on the time and once they lost their window, the only option was to just play for the kick
ChemAg15
AG
The game clock in an opposing stadium just blanks out in the final 30 seconds of the game? Is this for real?
cman1494
AG
Would a home team have any control over doing that on purpose? Not saying they did, but it is a bit suspicious...
cman1494
AG
Would a home team have any control over doing that on purpose? Not saying they did, but it is a bit suspicious...
jr15aggie
AG
One thing we've complained about for years... if the Cowboys had a couple key guys out our team just fell apart.

Yesterday we had 6 of 22 starters missing, on the road, against a really solid football team. RT, WR, DE, DE, DT, S.

And not just that we won, but we looked competent in doing it. We didn't play like Champs and there's lots to work on still, but it didn't feel like the team was gimpy just because we had to play back-ups. I liked what I saw!

DannyDuberstein
AG
ChemAg15 said:

The game clock in an opposing stadium just blanks out in the final 30 seconds of the game? Is this for real?

Whichever one McCarthy had been using apparently did. Since the graphics on videoboards are so ever-changing and th board in that place is nuts, I'm thinking maybe he was relying on one that wasn't the main one, it went away for some other graphic, and then he panicked. But Kellen Moore apparently coudlnt see the one he had been referencing either. They both apparently relied on the assistants in the booth who used the video monitor to help him time the TO

With that crazy theatre-in-the-round jumbotron that LA has, it might be a little tricky to figure out what clock can be permanently referenced
ramblin_ag02
AG
Happy to get the win, and there were some definite bright spots. However, we still played dumb football all game. Luckily the Chargers played even dumber football all game.

That play right before the half hurt my soul. Down to the 2!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PatAg
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Parsons is also very much a seek and destroy kind of defender. I'm not sure how much I want him standing back there, making decisions on whether to drop or attack, etc. It was his first NFL game, but as someone mentioned above, TB neutralized him in that game as far as an impact player.

prettayy prettayyyy pretttayyy good
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

I also don't think he understands the concept of incomplete passes. At least 2 times a game he'll pick up an incomplete pass off the ground and start running with it. Not sure why he does that.
Ag Natural
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

MookieBlaylock said:

I also don't think he understands the concept of incomplete passes. At least 2 times a game he'll pick up an incomplete pass off the ground and start running with it. Not sure why he does that.
He needs to get his cardio in for the day.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

MookieBlaylock said:

Same reason he jumps on piles.
PatAg
AG

Cool thread
TyHolden
AG
PatAg said:

Cool thread
cut it up earlier and that's a td. you gotta make the defense choose. anybody that's run option, the veer, or the bone knows this.
PooDoo
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

Happy to get the win, and there were some definite bright spots. However, we still played dumb football all game. Luckily the Chargers played even dumber football all game.

That play right before the half hurt my soul. Down to the 2!

To make you feel worse... what do you think would've happened if Pollard was there to take the pitch?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.