********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

192,397 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
jteagle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Clever Username said:

So who's the back up? Cooper Rush?
Hopefully we don't have to find out. With the bye week, maybe he will have time to heal before the Vikings game.
jr15aggie
AG
He said he's fine. The boot was extra precaution. Will have MRI tomorrow and they expect him to be fine. But still, the bi week is helpfull.

Speaking of... 6 games into the season and we go into the bi week with a 3 game lead in the division. Wow.
Casual Cynic
3 winnable games coming up too.
NukeAg10
AG
Vinkings on the road on Sunday night will be tough, but broncos and falcons should absolutely be wins.
JAggie2007
AG
jr15aggie said:

He said he's fine. The boot was extra precaution. Will have MRI tomorrow and they expect him to be fine. But still, the bi week is helpfull.

Speaking of... 6 games into the season and we go into the bi week with a 3 game lead in the division. Wow.
Bye...the word you're looking for is bye.
PooDoo
AG
jtstanley4621
AG
Astros hat? Disgusting
Grapesoda2525
jtstanley4621 said:

Astros hat? Disgusting
As long as he keeps getting picks, I don't care what hat he wears.
Grapesoda2525

I'd like to know wtf this blind Jack ass was looking at? Clearly a stolen TD. The 4th down play shouldn't have even happened. To make things even worse, the review on the 4th down play came faster than any booth initiated review I've ever seen. Seriously shady *****
ChemAg15
AG
All scoring plays are automatically reviewed.
jr15aggie
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

I'd like to know wtf this blind Jack ass was looking at? Clearly a stolen TD. The 4th down play shouldn't have even happened. To make things even worse, the review on the 4th down play came faster than any booth initiated review I've ever seen. Seriously shady *****

Yeah, in my brain I was internally screaming at the refs... "you gotta call that a TD on the field and let the booth overturn it if it's wrong".

The refs NEVER have a good view of 'where the ball is' on these types of plays. They have to judge how much push the ball carrier gets to determine if he crossed or not. It was pretty clear that Dak lunged forward a good yard - yard 1/2... and then looking at this shot. Frigging ridiculous refs.

Definitely felt like there was something going on here for 4 quarters. The only reason I won't say it was rigged is they missed a blatant 3rd down hands to the face or facemask against Anthony Brown in OT. I think this crew just sucks at their job!!!
jr15aggie
AG
JAggie2007 said:

jr15aggie said:

Bye...the word you're looking for is bye.

Nah bro... some teams play, some teams don't... it's a bi week. 'Bye' refers to something being dismissed and that's just mean and offensive.
MookieBlaylock
AG
I just notices that right now the Eagles have pics 3, 8 , 9 in the 2021 draft
3 from Miami
8 fron colts

Boy they stole some candy

TyHolden
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

3 from Miami
8 fron colts

will they take 3 qbs?
Macarthur
MookieBlaylock said:

3 from Miami
8 fron colts

Well, they've only got those because they've been pathetic.

There's a pretty decent chance they will screw up two of those picks.
cman1494
AG
This is a bad year for top QBs in the draft it would seem like. Rattler isn't good and Howell is just very mediocre. No one jumps off the page at me.
Ag12thman
AG
cman1494 said:

This is a bad year for top QBs in the draft it would seem like. Rattler isn't good and Howell is just very mediocre. No one jumps off the page at me.
What about the UNC guy? He can sling it pretty well. Forget his name.
98Ag99Grad
AG
That's Howell
DannyDuberstein
AG
Howell is the UNC guy. Decent prospect but has taken a significant step back this year. Not as significant as Rattler's step. Lots of meh. I've seen mocks with the Liberty QB and Corral ahead of Howell
Ag Natural
AG
I bet Corral ends up being the number one guy.
cman1494
AG
I do like Corral. He is a gambler, but has a good arm and great athleticism. I could see him shooting up boards come draft season.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I could too. Not #1 overall but top QB. Style in the mold of a lot of the young successful NFL qb's, high completion %, and he's protecting the ball much better this year. 1 pick vs 14 last year. Plenty of questions about him, but all of these guys have big questions. Weak crop
BenFiasco14
AG
What's that feeling on a Monday? 5 game winning streak for the Cowboys?

How bout em!!!
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
ryanhnc10
AG
Desmond Ridder is a solid QB prospect as well
MookieBlaylock
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

What's that feeling on a Monday? 5 game winning streak for the Cowboys?

How bout em!!!

Perfect time for the bye

6 total games and 2 divisional games played and up 3 games is massive

Ag Natural
AG
Cowboys are top 5 in the league right now and I dont think they've put together a complete game yet.
PatAg
AG

Saw this via Bob Sturm.
Grapesoda2525
PatAg said:

Saw this via Bob Sturm.
It's no secret that the people we have in charge of assembling the talent don't value the safety position. The last "good" safety we had was probably Darren Woodson. They just don't want to spend resources on the position. Overall, I think mcclay and Stephen Jones have done a good job, but it baffles me that they can't ever spend a 2nd or 3rd rounder on a "good" safety.
rsf0626
I dont think Kazee is a bad safety. Just had a bad game
rsf0626
TMACsDaMan
Darren Woodson was a biscuit away from being a linebacker
BenFiasco14
AG
Haven't busted this bad boy out in awhile. Anyone else drinking the kool aid? Lol.

CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Grapesoda2525

Which one of you guys is this?
PooDoo
AG
https://twitter.com/VochLombardi/status/1450169936991735808?t=rHiES8OrvLlWlSpoWarZSQ&s=19
Ag Natural
AG
Can someone explain to me how Mccarthy is so lowly regarded by NFL media? I heard at least 3 different outlets absolutely slautering him today AFTER A BIG WIN.

The narrative is this team is winning in spite of his bumbling and the Dak/Moore/Quinn combo is the true coaching staff. Mccarthy is basically a non contributor.

I dont get it. I never paid much attention to him but he has a great track record in particular with QB development. My perception is this team is playing hard and they seem well prepared. A lot of subs have come in and played well. That mindset and that sense of preparation is coaching in my book. I think too many focus on stuff like play calling and timeouts when that's such a small percentage of the job.

That being said, if he's bumbling I never saw it. What are these giant mistakes he's been making?
gigem1223
Ag Natural said:

Can someone explain to me how Mccarthy is so lowly regarded by NFL media? I heard at least 3 different outlets absolutely slautering him today AFTER A BIG WIN.

The narrative is this team is winning in spite of his bumbling and the Dak/Moore/Quinn combo is the true coaching staff. Mccarthy is basically a non contributor.

I dont get it. I never paid much attention to him but he has a great track record in particular with QB development. My perception is this team is playing hard and they seem well prepared. A lot of subs have come in and played well. That mindset and that sense of preparation is coaching in my book. I think too many focus on stuff like play calling and timeouts when that's such a small percentage of the job.

That being said, if he's bumbling I never saw it. What are these giant mistakes he's been making?

He's made his share of mistakes with clock management at end of half/ games, none of which have cost them the game. Something every coach in the nfl has had their struggles with. And I agree he's criminally underrated as a HC. Has been his entire career. Any other coach leading the cowboys to a 5-1 start would be in coach of the year conversations.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.