********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

197,769 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AAggie said:

Listen to all of these ****ing Denver virus transplants in the crowd.
I don't get this sentiment. The Cowboys have one of the premier venues in the league and we always draw heavy opposing team attendance.

That being said, I agree with the first 4th attempt, but I would have kicked a FG on that second one. That would have been a chip shot.
ChemAg15
AG
anybody have a link for streaming?
Lathspell
AG
VPN and Fox Live streaming is how I'm doing it.
double aught
AG
Why is the roof closed? Are they afraid people would leave if they see how nice the weather is?
Macarthur
This first half is making it pretty clear this team needs to go OT early in the draft.
Ag12thman
AG
Lots of injuries in this game.
toucan82
Fire everyone?
jtstanley4621
AG
Horrid defensive performance. Injuries aside that was an ass kicking. Absolutely must be better next week
Southlake
Damn, the one game I go to and this happened.

Can't believe there were that many Denver fans there. It was like a home game for the Broncos.

Pretty much at a loss with this performance. Buffalo lost to Jax. I guess the second half of this season is going to be bizarre.
DannyDuberstein
AG
SD just got totally screwed on a key spot vs Philly. Booth not reviewing
Txhuntr
AG
Pretty bad day all around for the teams at the top of the NFC standings today. This loss hurts after "stealing" a win last week, but we still all but have the division wrapped up. I think this team is going to go as far as a healthy smith can.
Grapesoda2525
Txhuntr said:

Pretty bad day all around for the teams at the top of the NFC standings today. This loss hurts after "stealing" a win last week, but we still all but have the division wrapped up. I think this team is going to go as far as a healthy smith can.
I'm so glad the fudge packers lost. Green Bay is the one place out of the possibilities that I don't want to go in the playoffs.
ChoppinDs40
AG
I really hope Dan Quinn figures something out. We're very thin at LB and it showed yesterday.

Any team that thinks they can run the ball just saw a nice recipe. We got out-schemed yesterday. Looked a lot like last year when teams were getting 5-8yards a clip and then 20 yard easy runs all damn day.
Saint Pablo
double aught
AG
Puppies can fix a lot.
PatAg
AG
ChoppinDs40 said:

I really hope Dan Quinn figures something out. We're very thin at LB and it showed yesterday.

Any team that thinks they can run the ball just saw a nice recipe. We got out-schemed yesterday. Looked a lot like last year when teams were getting 5-8yards a clip and then 20 yard easy runs all damn day.
Felt like the defense was doing a decent enough job, if our offense had performed even close to season avg they wouldn't have worn down as much in the 2nd half.
jr15aggie
AG
Was busy yesterday and saw a majority of the game on my phone. Terrible day for the offense... special teams and defense put them in a good spot multiple times and they crapped the bed. Everybody dropping passes, missing blocks, etc. It started early and the game got out of hand.

It happens in the NFL. Makes me feel better seeing multiple teams that I think are really good (like Buffalo) get worked over by a lesser team. Was a strange NFL Sunday.

Next week is gonna be huge... how does this team respond? This was really the first time they got punched in the mouth. I'm confident they will bounce back and figure it out.

PS: When does Tank come back? His run defense and push would have made a huge difference yesterday!
BenFiasco14
AG
Yesterday's game was horrific as has already been stated ad nauseum.

Others had commented a game like this was probably coming and sure enough it did. Maybe it's not a bad thing for this team to have a serving or humble pie after a 6 game winning streak and a decent amount of media hype.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
ramblin_ag02
AG
ChoppinDs40 said:

Our terrible run defense is my only long term concern coming out of this is well. We're not going to beat anyone giving up run plays like that all day.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Macarthur
ramblin_ag02 said:

ChoppinDs40 said:

Our terrible run defense is my only long term concern coming out of this is well. We're not going to beat anyone giving up run plays like that all day.

I agree with this.

The worst thing you can do in the NFL is react one way or the other over one game. But we def need to get Gallimore back to give some more beef to that DL.

I'll add one more long-term worry....LVE. He's just not very good.
Ag Natural
AG
Every team in the league has a winning formula. Our formula is to score points and put the other team in catch up mode or at least keep the pressure on the other team to score. If we get behind big to a team with a good running game we are screwed.
jtstanley4621
AG
Yeah I could see Green Bay or Tampa Bay giving us a bunch of issues defensively.

In games where one side of the ball struggles the other side should be able to pick them up. Offense was out of sync. I expect the offense to be better going forward.

Ultimately we won a game we weren't supposed to against Minnesota and then lost one we weren't supposed to so I suppose it evens out all things considered
Ag12thman
AG
Yep. Green Bay is legit this year on D. I watched them yesterday and they would have destroyed Kansas City if Rodgers would have played.
Grapesoda2525
It worked out well in the end because minny was a conference win and Denver is from the afc so it's not a conference loss. Tie breakers could be a huge deal this year in the nfc. The one seed you don't want the cowboys to get is #4 because you'd probably have to deal with the rams or cardinals, then some variation of the bucs and packers back to back.

I'm just sick of so many guys being hurt. Last year, we could blame it on the pandemic and a new coaching staff being installed with minimal practice time, but this year it's getting old. When the hell are these reinforcements coming that I keep hearing about? I think we can and will take Atlanta next week, but the next 2 afc matchups we could conceivably lose those games.
Southlake
Damn, the Cards looked solid yesterday - without Kyler and their best receiver.
Iowaggie
AG
Mr. Go 30 with cameo by McCarthy discussing choking and effort.
Highlights efforts by Kazee, Diggs, and Basham
https://instagr.am/p/CWBksCqMB7T
Ag Natural
AG
Despite the terrible game. It was cool to see Malik Turner have a nice game. He looked very good in preseason and then got hurt. Yesterday he had a blocked punt and two receiving TDs.
Southlake
And, while I'm ranting, why hell is Dak in the game in the last 6 minutes when other starters are "resting"?

I just about crapped when Dak ran in the 2 pt. Conversion after bouncing off a DL.

McCarthy is just a total idiot. Remember, we coulda easily lost to the Vikes, Chargers and Pats and have 4 loses. I'm afraid of his decision making in the second half of the season.
jr15aggie
AG
At a guess, about 75% of the wins in the NFL could be viewed as "almost a loss". That's not really a great way to evaluate a 6-2 team.
Southlake
jr15aggie said:

At a guess, about 75% of the wins in the NFL could be viewed as "almost a loss". That's not really a great way to evaluate a 6-2 team.
Not talking about other teams. Talking about the Cowboys. And yes it is a factor.
98Ag99Grad
AG
I'm not a fan of all the 4th down attempts personally. I don't care about the percentages and metrics and all that. I think you need to have a feel for that and where you are in the game too and not just go for it because a statistician says you have a 63% chance of converting. Momentum is a real thing; it almost cost them in NE and getting stopped twice early last week got Denver rolling.
jr15aggie
AG
Southlake said:

jr15aggie said:

Not talking about other teams. Talking about the Cowboys. And yes it is a factor.

Well, maybe you should talk about other teams. I'm guilty of looking at the Cowboys in a vacuum too, but the reality is most teams that win an NFL football game almost found a way to lose it.

This years Cowboys have played 8 games and played poorly 1 time. Just 1. In every other game, even the tough/close games, it has been clear this is a very good team.

Macarthur
98Ag99Grad said:

I'm not a fan of all the 4th down attempts personally. I don't care about the percentages and metrics and all that. I think you need to have a feel for that and where you are in the game too and not just go for it because a statistician says you have a 63% chance of converting. Momentum is a real thing; it almost cost them in NE and getting stopped twice early last week got Denver rolling.

Yeah, I agree that you must have a feel for things, but go back and look at that 2nd 4th down. Dak makes a poor throw but Wilson is 3 steps ahead of the DB and I actually think that play is a TD if Dak makes that easy throw. I don't really have an issue with those two risks.

I think the stage of the game plays a factor, too. I suspect if that's a tie game in the 4th, they probably kick the FG and take the lead.
98Ag99Grad
AG
True. Also made a poor throw to Lamb on 4th that would have been a TD later in the game. Just burn the game tape from last week and put that one behind us.
Macarthur
98Ag99Grad said:

True. Also made a poor throw to Lamb on 4th that would have been a TD later in the game. Just burn the game tape from last week and put that one behind us.

Yep.

Same can be said about the narrative that the Broncos showed the blueprint of how to beat the Cowboys. If the league's plan is to have CD, Cooper & Pollard to have multiple uncontested drops and Dak to miss several throws badly, then please keep using that 'plan'.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.