********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

192,398 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I get it. If they could put Grape's arm on Rush, they might have a semi-serviceable backup. As it stands, the only teams they are beating if Dak is out are some of the worst in the league
jr15aggie
AG
jefe95 said:

Man this team looks awful

We played our 3rd string with a few 2nd stringers sprinkled in and matched up against their starters for the 1st quarter.

Yeah, it didn't go well.
BenFiasco14
AG
Did Trevor Lawrence play?
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
DannyDuberstein
AG
jr15aggie said:

jefe95 said:

Man this team looks awful

We played our 3rd string with a few 2nd stringers sprinkled in and matched up against their starters for the 1st quarter.

Yeah, it didn't go well.

Yeah, this game is a little reminiscent of the last preseason game Dallas had in 89. Except reversed. New college coach playing starters figuring out who can play for his terrible team while the other is sitting their guys
Southlake
All 3 Cowboys backup QBs are just not up to par. Please get someone we can trust.

I'd take either Jax backup.

Last observation and I know these are painful preseason games, but the teams we played seemed better sorted. I absolutely can't stand Urban Mayer, but even their 3 Teamers executed well. Maybe this is a slight knock on MacCarthy, but the Cowboys never looked very focused- even considering the level of players.
PooDoo
AG
jr15aggie
AG
He's not the only one that likes what he sees! Pretty sure we take the Bama CB if he was there, but the teams picking top 10 might have done us a huge favor. A year from now, Parsons could very well be the prize gem from this draft class outside of that Lawrence guy... He looks pretty good too!

To Southlakes comment above... I hear what you are saying. Winning and losing can become a habit. Unfortunately losing has become the norm since McCarthy took over. Pre-season means nothing, but watch hard knocks and tell me those guys don't care about winning pre-season games. They do, and losing all of them is a bad look.
Grapesoda2525
jr15aggie said:

He's not the only one that likes what he sees! Pretty sure we take the Bama CB if he was there, but the teams picking top 10 might have done us a huge favor. A year from now, Parsons could very well be the prize gem from this draft class outside of that Lawrence guy... He looks pretty good too!

To Southlakes comment above... I hear what you are saying. Winning and losing can become a habit. Unfortunately losing has become the norm since McCarthy took over. Pre-season means nothing, but watch hard knocks and tell me those guys don't care about winning pre-season games. They do, and losing all of them is a bad look.
I disagree. There's just a different level of intensity in regular season and playoff games compared to pre-season. It's hard to determine how good your team is when one team is trying to win and the other just wants to evaluate guys ( like yesterday)
Ag Natural
AG
yeah I'm pretty sure if the wanted to win then Dinucci would not be getting so many tries.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The preseason has never been more meaningless for evaluating a team, especially one with this many veterans on offense that played very little or not at all
Grapesoda2525
Ag Natural said:

yeah I'm pretty sure if the wanted to win then Dinucci would not be getting so many tries.
Dinucci should've been cut weeks ago.
PatAg
AG
jr15aggie said:

losing preseason games means literally nothing going into the regular season
DannyDuberstein
AG
His arm is rep fodder. You keep a guy like him around simply to eat up some throws in camp, and then send him out in the 2nd half of preseason games so that he gets killed due to the future truckdrivers that make up the 2H OL instead of QBs you may need to actually play when games count
cman1494
AG
DiNucci officially released per Twitter.

Should have happened 2 weeks ago, but oh well. Wonder if he is even worth a practice squad spot?
98Ag99Grad
AG
He's not. Can't believe they even wasted a draft pick on this guy.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

He's not. Can't believe they even wasted a draft pick on this guy.

Seriously? It's the Cowboys.

I mean...they drafted, then PAID a LB with freaking drop foot. Nothing they do surprises me anymore.
Saint Pablo
Garrett Gilbert cut too.
Saint Pablo
Cam Newton just got cut, I wonder if we would bring him in to back up Dak.
Grapesoda2525
What's the point in getting standing room only tickets? The nosebleed seats might be cheaper and you actually get a seat.
Saint Pablo
Grapesoda2525 said:

What's the point in getting standing room only tickets? The nosebleed seats might be cheaper and you actually get a seat.
Probably good for a few heftier fans to burn off some nachos and beer!
Vince Blake
Grapesoda2525 said:

I did them for that first Giants game back in '09 just to check out the new stadium. It sucked. They had let in 100k+ for that game so you were nut to butt with everyone in the concourse. It was hot that night too. My brother and I left at halftime cause it was so miserable. Haven't done standing since.
Southlake
With Daks injury record, should be a no brained to pick up Cam. Pats signed him last year for a song. He's not expensive. Geez, if he just ran, dinked and dunked as a backup, he'd be great.

This is why Flutie was a great back up. The kind of QB who plays a different kind of game than what the defense practiced for all week.

Cam >>>>>>>>Rush.

Grapesoda2525
Vince Blake said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

I did them for that first Giants game back in '09 just to check out the new stadium. It sucked. They had let in 100k+ for that game so you were nut to butt with everyone in the concourse. It was hot that night too. My brother and I left at halftime cause it was so miserable. Haven't done standing since.
I remember that game! They were showing that crap on tv. Someone at jerry world said go! and 1000's of people scurried ahead like rats trying to get the best view possible. Sorry you had to go through that I guess too many other people had the same idea as you at the same time.
jr15aggie
AG
I did the standing room ticket thing several years ago. Tickets were given to me and I thought, why not. Definitely not as enjoyable as having a seat, but it was still a fun experience. And they limit the number of fans now so it's not too terribly crowded.

PS: I did get a fun story out of it. We were playing the Eagles and this guy in a green jersey was giving a group of Cowboy fans the usual/friendly trash talk. Then I noticed he was wearing a Kevin Kolb jersey (this was a year or two after Kolb had fizzled out). Right in the middle of him heckling a bunch of Cowboy fans I came up beside him and interrupted with, "Whoa, duuuude... man, you're rockin' a Kolb jersey!!!". The finger pointing and laughing shut him up fast. Was all in good fun, but I won that round!
Grapesoda2525
jr15aggie said:

I did the standing room ticket thing several years ago. Tickets were given to me and I thought, why not. Definitely not as enjoyable as having a seat, but it was still a fun experience. And they limit the number of fans now so it's not too terribly crowded.

PS: I did get a fun story out of it. We were playing the Eagles and this guy in a green jersey was giving a group of Cowboy fans the usual/friendly trash talk. Then I noticed he was wearing a Kevin Kolb jersey (this was a year or two after Kolb had fizzled out). Right in the middle of him heckling a bunch of Cowboy fans I came up beside him and interrupted with, "Whoa, duuuude... man, you're rockin' a Kolb jersey!!!". The finger pointing and laughing shut him up fast. Was all in good fun, but I won that round!
Oh damn

That's like a cowboy fan showing up to a game in philly while wearing a Quincy carter, drew Henson, or chad Hutchinson jersey. Just no..
DannyDuberstein
AG
Tbh, these days there isn't a seat or non-seat in the house at an NFL game that appeals to me. That said, I always considered those SRO tickets to basically be a tailgate inside the stadium with expensive beer and a super large tv. Just standing around drinking and watching on the screens at each end of the vijaboard. If that appeals to someone and is the expectation they have, then seems like a fit
Grapesoda2525
DannyDuberstein said:

Tbh, these days there isn't a seat or non-seat in the house at an NFL game that appeals to me. That said, I always considered those SRO tickets to basically be a tailgate inside the stadium with expensive beer and a super large tv. Just standing around drinking and watching on the screens at each end of the vijaboard. If that appeals to someone and is the expectation they have, then seems like a fit
Better to watch it at home with your big screen, air conditioning, and cheap beer / food.
jr15aggie
AG
I would agree... if I had free tickets all season for standing room only I wouldn't go very often. Much better to have a typical weekend at home and watch the game in comfort. But it can be fun every once in a while.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Better to watch it at home with your big screen, air conditioning, and cheap beer / food.

This is the case with every seat there IMO
Baby Billy
AG
Definitely the worst season of Hard Knocks I've ever watched, and it features my team.
jr15aggie
AG
Yeah, after Ep 1 I just put it on my 2nd monitor and watch/listen as background noise while I'm working. So pretty much what I do with all the Talking Cowboys type shows that are out there.

I haven't really watched recent seasons so I probably have more grace for the show, but back to back episodes (2 & 3) where the focus was on players who had zero shot of making the roster was pretty lame. Especially when they spend over 5 minutes focusing on his contact lens vs goggle situation. Ugh.

But hey... that Drone sequence in Ep 3... sick!
jr15aggie
AG
Looks like Dalton and Foles are still on the Bears team... any word on which guy they are getting rid of? No way they keep both, right?

I've gotta think this team likes either one more then Rush and I gotta think either one would be more than happy to come back to Texas for a 1 year / cap friendly deal.
Southlake
As I delved more into the Cam thingy, I realize that his drama and his refusal to get vaccinated are definitely not what Jerry wants on this team.

jr15aggie
AG
Southlake said:

As I delved more into the Cam thingy, I realize that his drama and his refusal to get vaccinated are definitely not what Jerry wants on this team.

More power to him on the vaccine thing, but it will definitely play a role in him possibly not getting signed.

I think the biggest hurdle is I seriously doubt he wants to be a back-up / mentor yet. If he was happy in that role I'm guessing he's still in NE today. I think he believes he can still start and the Pats respected his wishes to be free to find a team still looking for a starter.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Cam sucks. I think that is a big hurdle

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.