********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

192,381 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
NukeAg10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just kneel it and kick the fg vikings!
PatAg
AG
We should have drafted Tyron's replacement at some point the last few years, I really hope we can this draft.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Dubersteined
Chipotlemonger
AG
PatAg said:

We should have drafted Tyron's replacement at some point the last few years, I really hope we can this draft.

I disagree with this. You don't draft an OT in the first round to ride the pine, and when playing Tyron is still good. I wouldn't draft a later rounder tackle and put my hopes on their development to get to that elite level.
DannyDuberstein
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Dubersteined

Somebody had to motivate them. If Dallas is going to have to keep playing GB in the playoffs, it needs to be in Arlington. Seriously though, those last 2 Packer TD's were on consecutive plays against joke busted coverages. Glad the Minn O could answer.
Danny Vermin
I'm pretty sure they think Josh Ball is the replacement for Tyron. Remember, McGovern needed red-shirt season and look how good he has become.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'm hopeful about Ball, but the dude went down in the first week of August. So no idea what they have there
Danny Vermin
Lots of people thought McGovern was a bust as well. I actually trust the o-line couch and the rest of this staff to turn Ball into a good player ......See Terrance Steele.
duck79
AG
If Steele keeps developing at RT then couldn't Collins be his replacement? He would need an off-season practicing at LT though.
PatAg
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

PatAg said:

I disagree with this. You don't draft an OT in the first round to ride the pine, and when playing Tyron is still good. I wouldn't draft a later rounder tackle and put my hopes on their development to get to that elite level.
I never said anything about drafting him to ride the pine. Tyron has been injured too much, and its been apparent for a long time that he is just damaged at this point.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Yeah it's time to put Tron out to pasture. He just can't be relied on
jr15aggie
AG
Frustrating game to say the least... but we are playing without 5 guys that are pro bowl talents.

If this team can just get healthy at the end of the season I like their chances.
NukeAg10
AG
Gotta beat the raiders this Thursday, despite the injuries and hope they can get healthy towards the end of the year going into the playoffs.
jtstanley4621
AG
Sick of the injuries excuse. The only injury excuse that holds weight IMO is missing your starting QB, which we weren't. Have to find a way to win games like this on the road.

It's frustrating how we pretty much have to have everything go in our favor to hope to win big time matchups
DannyDuberstein
AG
We'll see when Cooper and Lamb are back, but regardless, this is a team I have trouble seeing having success against the other NFC elite
gigem1223
No one was chalking this up as a W before the season started anyways, much less without Gregory, Tank, Gallimore, Tyron, Cooper and a half with out Lamb. Defense played great, offense not so much. On to the Raiders.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Mac is clearly a liability as HC

Red was a better game manager and that's saying a lot.
gigem1223
TheCougarHunter said:

Lol here we go…
jr15aggie
AG
Some of yall need to get a dog.
DannyDuberstein
AG
We have a 26 year old one.

/rimshot
Grapesoda2525
jr15aggie said:

Frustrating game to say the least... but we are playing without 5 guys that are pro bowl talents.

If this team can just get healthy at the end of the season I like their chances.
It seems to be EXTREMELY important for the cowboys to get seeds 1-3 this year. If the cowboys get #4, they would most likely face a murderers row path of 2 NFC west teams with under 4 losses and Brady or Rodgers waiting in the nfc title game.
TheCougarHunter
AG
No.

Most valuable sports franchise in America and we haven't had a decent HC since Jimmy Johnson. Almost 30 freaking years ago. There's no excuse for that.
gigem1223
TheCougarHunter said:

No.

Most valuable sports franchise in America and we haven't had a decent HC since Jimmy Johnson. Almost 30 freaking years ago. There's no excuse for that.

We're 7-3. Chill
98Ag99Grad
AG
That's 2 outta 3 stinkers for the offense.
double aught
AG
Zeke is still slightly above average. Terrible contract.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Cool, 2 wins against teams with winning records and we barely pulled them off.
gigem1223
TheCougarHunter said:

Cool, 2 wins against teams with winning records and we barely pulled them off.

Chicken little. So we're 2-2 against teams with winning records, all on the road I might add. Minnesota and Carolina would both have winning records had we not beat them. Considering how beat up we are and who is coming back in the coming weeks, we're fine. Just need to be healthy and playing good ball in December/ January.
Daveintx
Gotta wash off the stench of this one quick... Drag for too long and Philly may find a way to sneak up
Raiderjay
Top two WR out and top tackle out. KC had much more to play for today. Boys are still 7-3 with everything in front of them. It's a 17 game season….

Get healthy and next game….

[b][raiderjay, you need to come up to the front of the bus where I can see you in this giant mirror above my steering wheel. -Staff][/b]
Ag Natural
AG
Just need to get healthy by the end. Yeah injuries aren't an excuse but they are definitely a reason for struggling. KCs bad stretch came when Chris Jones was out.

It was disappointing that the oline didn't play better today. On the flip side, the defense actually made some plays after looking lost early.
jteagle
AG
Some people just aren't happy unless they are miserable!
dave94
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Sick of the injuries excuse. The only injury excuse that holds weight IMO is missing your starting QB, which we weren't. Have to find a way to win games like this on the road.

It's frustrating how we pretty much have to have everything go in our favor to hope to win big time matchups

Um, no. Being down players in any of the key positrons makes a huge difference.
dave94
AG
TheCougarHunter said:

Lol, WHUT
TheCougarHunter
AG
dave94 said:

TheCougarHunter said:

Lol, WHUT

Prove me wrong then

Prove to me that Mac is a good coach and not a liability
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Not a fan of McCarthy but today wasn't really on him.

Too many injuries and I don't believe they have the horses on the OL to win a title this year. Move Collins back to Guard and draft a 1st rd Tackle. Probably need 2 of our first 4 picks to be OL. Steele has had too many break downs this year.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.