********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

192,411 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
jteagle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag Natural said:

NukeAg10 said:

Ag Natural said:

Agristotle said:

Dak is really pressing. Maybe he's still hurt, maybe its the pressure of the contract, but he remains the guy who puts up big numbers against the bottom half of the league and in blow outs, but can't make plays against good teams with the game on the line.

If they are one and done in the playoffs, does Jerry hold with Mac while BOTH coordinators interview for head jobs elsewhere?
I'd question the judgement of any team interviewing the Dallas coordinators.

So now we hate Dan Quinn?

He's done a ridiculous job this year, after the abomination we saw all of last season.

Moore on the other hand has regressed greatly throughout the season.
I just think its funny that if we win a few games our coordinators are getting poached. But if we get out schemed in a game it's probably McCarthy's fault. I thought both got out coached yesterday. Yes, Quinn has done a great job and I like him. However, he was not a very good HC in my opinion and I don't think Moore is close to ready. So yeah I'd question any organization looking to interview them.
Yeah, but you know how unimaginative most NFL execs really are. It's why there are so few successful franchises around the league. They keep recycling head coaches and hiring the up and coming coordinators when they aren't ready.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Southlake said:

Those options Murray ran in their last drives killed us. I certainly hope Quinn has an answer for it if we play them again. As Aikman said, they are almost undefendable.

Have Parsons spy him?
gigem1223
98Ag99Grad said:

Southlake said:

Those options Murray ran in their last drives killed us. I certainly hope Quinn has an answer for it if we play them again. As Aikman said, they are almost undefendable.

Have Parsons spy him?

Using Parsons as a spy is what Arizona hopes for. You're essentially taking your biggest playmaker out of the game at that point.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Maybe but he's the only one I'd feel confident in stopping that play.
gigem1223
DL needs to be more disciplined with their gap discipline. Too many times Gregory or Lawrence were to aggressive with their rush and took themselves out of the play and allowed Murray a free release. They can make those adjustments for the wild card game.
DannyDuberstein
AG
This Gallup issue could at least open the possibility of him returning next year. Could sign a 1 year to prove health and then retry a big deal. Not likely, but zero percent chance of him being back may be slightly higher than zero
PooDoo
AG
It definitely ruined the let him walk and get a 3rd round comp pick plan.
gigem1223
I'll admit I'm usually the optimist (God knows why) with the cowboys. Losing Sunday sucked, but I think it may be the best thing for this team. I've seen too many cowboys teams get hot, start smelling their own farts and thinking their invincible heading into the playoffs, just to lay an egg. Had they won sunday, it would've been 5 in a row and more hype being thrown at them. Not realizing they played a terrible 3 quarters. Hopefully this is a wake up call and they make some adjustments heading into the the playoffs. Dak, Moore and the OL have to get it turned around.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I would have liked to have seen them beat a good team. They haven't beaten a good team since the Pats in October, and the only other win against a good team was the Chargers in September. I like this defense playing confident, and Dak in particular seems to need a shot of confidence.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Fact is they are going into the playoffs with the worst QB besides hurts and the worst coach. Not a good recipe for success.
gigem1223
You think Jimmy G is better than Dak? For all the praise Stafford gets, he has never won a playoff game and also leads the league in interceptions since November.
dave94
AG
That's ridiculous
TheCougarHunter
AG
gigem1223 said:

You think Jimmy G is better than Dak? For all the praise Stafford gets, he has never won a playoff game and also leads the league in interceptions since November.

Jimmy G is a full 1.1 YPA better than Dak so yes

Jimmy G has also taken a team to the SB and damn near won it
Grapesoda2525
How do we avoid Arizona in round 1?

I'd rather play TB because their supporting cast is in disarray, LA rams because Stafford has never won a playoff game and our defense can get to him, Green Bay because Rodgers is dinged up and Green Bay's defense has been struggling against the run lately. I'm not counting the last game where cousins was out and GB didn't have to worry about a passing game.

Seriously, Murray is so fast and has good reflexes. He can neutralize our pass rush. Our pass rush generates either sacks, tackles for loss, or turnovers. It's the life blood of our defense. We didn't get any sacks or turnovers against Murray because he's so damn quick. Murray also burned us with the deep ball yesterday too.

There's probably 5 teams on the NFC side I'd want to play before the cardinals. Do we have any idea who the cardinals might want to play? How do we approach the Philly game now? Why did the nfl schedule our game for Saturday night when Philly is already in the playoffs and our seeding is pretty much locked at #4?

This loss brings up so many more questions than answers for this cowboys team and the way forward.

gigem1223
TheCougarHunter said:

gigem1223 said:

Jimmy G is a full 1.1 YPA better than Dak so yes

Jimmy G has also taken a team to the SB and damn near won it

You can't be serious….
gigem1223
Grapesoda2525 said:

I'd rather play TB because their supporting cast is in disarray, LA rams because Stafford has never won a playoff game and our defense can get to him, Green Bay because Rodgers is dinged up and Green Bay's defense has been struggling against the run lately. I'm not counting the last game where cousins was out and GB didn't have to worry about a passing game.

Seriously, Murray is so fast and has good reflexes. He can neutralize our pass rush. Our pass rush generates either sacks, tackles for loss, or turnovers. It's the life blood of our defense. We didn't get any sacks or turnovers against Murray because he's so damn quick. Murray also burned us with the deep ball yesterday too.

There's probably 5 teams on the NFC side I'd want to play before the cardinals. Do we have any idea who the cardinals might want to play? How do we approach the Philly game now? Why did the nfl schedule our game for Saturday night when Philly is already in the playoffs and our seeding is pretty much locked at #4?

This loss brings up so many more questions than answers for this cowboys team and the way forward.

Good grief it was one game in which we played terrible for 3 quarters. Never seen so much overreaction after one loss in my life. In the grand scheme of things Dallas has won 4 of 5 and is 11-5. I want to play the Cardinals again. I don't think they're that good and they were pretty fortunate to come out of AT&T with a win Sunday. Something tells me we don't play like dog **** for 3 quarters next time.
NukeAg10
AG
The game was scheduled for Saturday night for a very simple reason. Cowboys/eagles in December equals ratings.

Eta the game is in January, but my point still stands.
PatAg
AG
gigem1223 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Good grief it was one game in which we played terrible for 3 quarters. Never seen so much overreaction after one loss in my life. In the grand scheme of things Dallas has won 4 of 5 and is 11-5. I want to play the Cardinals again. I don't think they're that good and they were pretty fortunate to come out of AT&T with a win Sunday. Something tells me we don't play like dog **** for 3 quarters next time.
There are 4-5 people that just extremely overreact to every good play or bad play, and after win or loss. It gets old, but they cant help themselves
gigem1223
Not that Saturday really matters now but it sounds like the eagles could be short handed with 12 players out on the Covid list. Cox, Kelce, Goedert among the main ones.
Baby Billy
AG
This team is good when we don't beat ourselves with penalties. Dak is a good QB, but certainly not great and needs a good defense and a lot of weapons on offense to ever get very far in the playoffs.

We have that this year, but we've skated through the entire season without beating top tier teams. Lost to all 3 that we've played (AZ, KC, TB), plus two we shouldn't have.

Just don't have a lot of confidence that we can win big games based on what I've seen
jtstanley4621
AG
Projected matchup is at home against the Cardinals. I can absolutely see them coming back in here and knocking us off.

Beyond that I feel like we'd probably lose to any of the top NFC teams, especially if we have to play on the road
Southlake
Don't want to play the Cards at all. They seem to have their swagger and confidence back. And giving Murray Hopkins back (and others) just isn't fair.

No doubt we can beat the Rams. Stanford is playing like an idiot. And the Eagles and Hurts are shallow and one dimensional. Garappolo is a spaz.

Ag Natural
AG
Southlake said:

Don't want to play the Cards at all. They seem to have their swagger and confidence back. And giving Murray Hopkins back (and others) just isn't fair.

No doubt we can beat the Rams. Stanford is playing like an idiot. And the Eagles and Hurts are shallow and one dimensional. Garappolo is a spaz.

I think most of our issues against the Cards were scheme and gameplan. Hopefully playing them again would help a great deal. Kyler is definitely a problem, but he's less of a problem if we can get a lead.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Not sweating the matchup. They are going to have to beat 3 good teams to reach the SB. Whoever you dodge in round 1 is just waiting for you later. If Dak plays well, they will beat ARI at home. If Dak doesn't, I think they lose to any of these teams
jtstanley4621
AG
Even though Dak wasn't great I put the blame more on the defense that couldn't get off the field to save their lives
Macarthur
If you follow Bob Sturm on the twitter, he had a couple of posts from the game film and Dak missed several big opportunities that weren't particularly difficult reads. And a couple that he read correctly and made inexcusable throws. I'm genuninely worried about Dak right now.
TMACsDaMan
If the Cowboys were to lose out…that would be three straight to close the season, would it be considered an epic enough collapse to question McCarthy's future going into next year?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Jerry really hates hitting the reset button. I think he returns next year regardless. Maybe a couple of embarrassing losses, but dont think that happens
Grapesoda2525
gigem1223 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Offense suffered way too many 3 and outs. Defense couldn't get off the field. Refs seemed to have a vendetta against us. Stars were playing like JAGs. Drops. Penalties. Lots of punts. Lethargic energy.

Sound familiar? The Arizona game gave me the same hopeless feeling that the Denver game did. I would rather try to avoid an opponent who dominates you that soundly unless you have no other choice.
gigem1223
Grapesoda2525 said:

gigem1223 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Offense suffered way too many 3 and outs. Defense couldn't get off the field. Refs seemed to have a vendetta against us. Stars were playing like JAGs. Drops. Penalties. Lots of punts. Lethargic energy.

Sound familiar? The Arizona game gave me the same hopeless feeling that the Denver game did. I would rather try to avoid an opponent who dominates you that soundly unless you have no other choice.

Dominate? We lost by 3 points with a missed field goal and a few calls that didn't go our way. Think you're being a little dramatic.
birdman
Dallas looked like hammered poop for three quarters. Kyler Murray played fantastic for Cardinals. And it was close game.

If Dallas plays decently, they will handily.
BenFiasco14
AG
So since Gallup is out …

I hear Antonio Brown could use a job.

Someone had to say it.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
NukeAg10
AG
Macarthur said:

If you follow Bob Sturm on the twitter, he had a couple of posts from the game film and Dak missed several big opportunities that weren't particularly difficult reads. And a couple that he read correctly and made inexcusable throws. I'm genuninely worried about Dak right now.

Also from Sturm, since the Chiefs game they are dead last in 1st down rushing. I think that plays a large part, bc defenses have no need to respect their run game.
Macarthur
yep
Ag12thman
AG
NukeAg10 said:

Macarthur said:

Also from Sturm, since the Chiefs game they are dead last in 1st down rushing. I think that plays a large part, bc defenses have no need to respect their run game.
Wow.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.