********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

197,762 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
gigem1223
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Imagine week 1 if I told you we win in Minnesota starting Cooper Rush and no Tyron smith or La'ell Collins. Hate McCarthy all you want but that's a helluva coaching job.
jtstanley4621
AG
Vikings aren't an elite team but beating practically anyone on the road in the NFL without your starting QB is an impressive win no matter how you slice it.

Hope Diggs is okay, sucked seeing him hobble off in the waning seconds
ramblin_ag02
AG
Just gonna say that the trade for Amari Cooper has been a home run. After all those terrible trades for WR, the Boys finally got one right. He's been a playmaker and warrior since day one and tonight was amazing
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
This is still a lot of fun.

Let's keep winning.
jr15aggie
AG
Been impressed by how we've won all year with multiple studs not playing.

Completely blown away that we now did it with a back up QB... against a team that was desperate for a win... a team that had plenty of talent to bury us.

Kudos to this team!
Macarthur
With the trade deadline coming, I would really like this team to make a move for another pass rusher. They do go periods where the pressure is lacking. I think another good pass rusher could put this team over the top.
Macarthur
I saw on twitter than Denver is asking for a 3rd rounder for Von Miller. I would offer a 4th and a 6th to see if that gets done. Adding Von to this rotation would be deadly.
Ag Natural
AG
I dont think we can fit Von under the cap. We may just need to wait for Tank to come back.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Here's the question, will Dak be back by next week?
Macarthur
Ag Natural said:

I dont think we can fit Von under the cap. We may just need to wait for Tank to come back.
If Denver eats some of that $, you can. There aren't many contenders that have that much so Denver is going to have to eat some of that if they want to deal him
dave94
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yes.
jtstanley4621
AG
I would love Von on the cowboys. Would be like a reverse of Demarcus Ware going to Denver, although we didn't trade him there. Honestly I'd be surprised if that deal ended up happening.

Tbh if Lawrence returns and is fresh it would almost be like trading for an impact edge rusher. He could be super useful down the stretch
Macarthur
Yeah, no doubt Tank is going to give a boost, but I still think you need another dude. I really think that if they could get to where the pass rush was good enough that they could keep Parsons at LBer, the defense would be so much more effective. Parsons covers so much ground.
NukeAg10
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I think without a doubt he will be back next week.
Macarthur
Twitter world saying that they think Cox tore his ACL. Bummer…
Chipotlemonger
AG
NukeAg10 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I think without a doubt he will be back next week.

Yea he seemed to be pushing it hard in those warmups. No way he does that unless it's truly close, I would hope/think.
Saint Pablo
Apparently Von wanted to play today, but Denver held him out after not practicing this week. Interesting.
PooDoo
AG
Amari Cooper with one of the gutsiest performances since Emmitt's seperated shoulder. Randy Gregory overcoming penalties to make a huge stop to save 4 points. Elliott with some grown man runs and blocks.

Cooper Rush... He made some plays and got us the W.
And that is pure dad ecstasy!

https://twitter.com/Tubby_Penguin/status/1455017492309446656?t=WfVUA-r3VVisDe1CJrvusg&s=19
MookieBlaylock
AG
Where did all these cowboy fans come from?
Macarthur
Saint Pablo said:

Apparently Von wanted to play today, but Denver held him out after not practicing this week. Interesting.

I'm wondering w the Cox news if we don't look at a LBer type? I was really disappointed in LVE. We need a thumper in the middle so Parsons can fly around
Grapesoda2525
Gotta wonder if this team will ever get healthy.

Losing cox sucks for depth purposes and his development, but how hurt is Tyron and diggs? When is dak going to feel good again? Seems like the talent level that we are missing is starting to catch up to the talent level we have on the field. Not a good sign long term.
NukeAg10
AG
Dak will be back next Sunday, just my opinion. Losing Diggs for a few weeks would suck. Losing Tyron for a couple of weeks would suck, but the line held up well without him last night. If he needs to get healthy for the back half then I think they'll be OK.
jteagle
AG
I am glad to see Cedric Wilson do well. I have always liked him as a backup that would come in and do whatever was needed to help the team. Now he is becoming a big play threat and I love his moves after he catches the ball. His pass to Ceedee was an excellent play. He didn't panic, kept the play alive and then threw a dime to Ceedee.

Those are the kinds of plays that make the difference between a championship team and a team that gets beat in the payoffs.
98Ag99Grad
AG
the Diggs injury was a kick to the ankle, not a roll-up of twisting so I'm not sure he'll even miss time. And Dak could have played last night, so I fully expect him back this week.
jteagle
AG
Right now, the Cowboys are in a really good spot.

They have played 4 road games at TB, SD, NE and Minn and came out with a 3-1 record and had a chance in the game they lost.

The next 3 games are against the Broncos, Falcons and Chiefs. The Chiefs can still be a problem but not the team they were the last two years.

I'm sure Dallas will have a lt down game at some point in the year but things are looking good right now.
jr15aggie
AG
Glad to see Micah turn it on. 11 tackles... 10 solo, 4 tackles for a loss. That is a helluva stat line!

If this guy can start taking the ball away he'll be an all pro. Kid is good!
TMACsDaMan
What's the update on Tyron?
Vince Blake
TMACsDaMan said:

What's the update on Tyron?

Ankle sprain. Further evaluation today.
jr15aggie
AG
Just heard an amazing stat... Vikes converted a 3rd down on that opening drive with a big pass play. That was the last time they converted a 3rd down the entire game. They finished the game going 0-12 on 3rd down. Wow!
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
jteagle said:

I am glad to see Cedric Wilson do well. I have always liked him as a backup that would come in and do whatever was needed to help the team. Now he is becoming a big play threat and I love his moves after he catches the ball. His pass to Ceedee was an excellent play. He didn't panic, kept the play alive and then threw a dime to Ceedee.

Those are the kinds of plays that make the difference between a championship team and a team that gets beat in the payoffs.

That was such a spectacular play from a WR. Sprinting right through what looked like a busted play, kept his eyes downfield and led Lamb perfectly with all his momentum going right. That's how you know it's your night.
jteagle
AG
jr15aggie said:

Just heard an amazing stat... Vikes converted a 3rd down on that opening drive with a big pass play. That was the last time they converted a 3rd down the entire game. They finished the game going 0-12 on 3rd down. Wow!
And the Cowboys were able to convert 7/14
Saint Pablo
Von to the Rams.
Ag12thman
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Von to the Rams.
Oh wow - the Rams were already a very good defense. That may take them to elite.
jr15aggie
AG
And how exactly are they affording that??? They are bound to have a ton of dead cap after trading Goff. Ramsey and Donald both have +$100 million contracts.

It's a long season still and lots can happen, but on paper that's a power play move to be the best in the NFC.
Kellso
It is truly amazing to see the Cowboys with an above average defense.

The problem with the Cowboys over the past 20 years has been a lack of talent and attention to detail to the defensive side of the ball.

The offense is usually ALL World with multiple All Pro and HOF caliber talents.
The defense for the past 10 years or so has always been average at best. Typically below average...and sometimes (2013, 2020) horrible.

Dak and Zeke led the Cowboys to 31 points in that 2016 Division and still lost. If you score 31 points in a post season game you should win

If you have a great defense it allows you to be able to lose some good offensive talent to free agency and still keep ticking.

If you miss on 1st round talents like Morris Claiborne and Taco Charlton your team will underachieve. You draft a Micah Parsons or Trevon Diggs.....and the 2021 season happens.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.