********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

192,405 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
Infection_Ag11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NukeAg10 said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

We just gonna ignore that the Packers offense looks WAY worse than ours did last week against this team?!

Transitive property in football, esp the NFL, is worthless.

Meh, I was told a REAL QB would blow this scrub wild card team out. Not gonna let it go that easily.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jr15aggie
AG
Wow. They are going to the NFC Championship game and they didn't even score an offensive TD.

Doesn't make me feel any better, but to think we had opportunities to beat them even after playing like crap and yellow flags all over the field.

Definitely feels like I'll never see another Dallas championship... or if I do ill be too old to even care anymore.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

NukeAg10 said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

We just gonna ignore that the Packers offense looks WAY worse than ours did last week against this team?!

Meh, I was told a REAL QB would blow this scrub wild card team out. Not gonna let it go that easily.

Get over yourself, the Packers choked that big time.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Both teams on a bye lost. That's rare. But F SF. They can suck my deek.
Macarthur
jr15aggie said:

Wow. They are going to the NFC Championship game and they didn't even score an offensive TD.

Doesn't make me feel any better, but to think we had opportunities to beat them even after playing like crap and yellow flags all over the field.

Definitely feels like I'll never see another Dallas championship... or if I do ill be too old to even care anymore.

If we had not "No Showed" for 3 quarters.
NukeAg10
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

NukeAg10 said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

That's fine, but I don't think that. The cowboys lost bc the entire team no showed for the first 3 quarters of the game, and every opportunity was squandered with some stupid penalty. Dak didn't play well, but neither did anyone else.
Ag12thman
AG
People forget that SF is experienced and hungry. They were in the Super Bowl recently. Samuel is incredible and that D is insanely good.
Ag Natural
AG
San Francisco and Cincinnati prove that all this talk about ownership, front office and coaches is all BS. If you get the right players and get lucky you can win.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Ag Natural said:

San Francisco and Cincinnati prove that all this talk about ownership, front office and coaches is all BS. If you get the right players and get lucky you can win.

True. Taylor is no JJ but Burrow is legit. Cincy looks like Dallas 91 and built for the future.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Ag Natural said:

The NFL playoffs come down to QB, health and luck. Healthy teams who get lucky make it to at least the conference title game regularly without great QB play.

It's what makes single game elimination so exciting/frustrating. In a 5 or 7 game series the better team almost always wins. Officiating, random bounces, etc. can win or lose a game or two but you can't win A series like that. In single game elimination the inferior team often wins because of random ***** Now that generally doesn't win you a title but it certainly has prevented a bunch of great teams from winning one themselves.

The reason the NBA playoffs just aren't as exciting is because you can almost always predict the winner of any series beforehand, because the better team on paper wins almost every time.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Macarthur
Ouch.

Jarrin' Jay
AG
Ag Natural said:

But you don't get the right players if your front office and GM are garbage. Jerry will go down as the worst GM in the history of pro sports since pro teams having a GM even became a thing.

The Cowboys roster is not nearly as talented most think. They have ONE good rookie LB, they have ONE good OL and a decent OL who is well past his sell date, starting RB is a spare even when healthy, maybe one good DT and one good DE. Good QB, not a great QB, who is being paid like he is essentially Tom Brady. 7 players make up like 70% of the cap space. It is beyond ridiculous how mismanaged the roster and team is.
98Ag99Grad
AG
LOL F GB. They had a great run but never capitalized. Makes the late 90s that more special. Fck them.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
The Packers are going to go into a drought when Rogers is gone. Rogers has covered up some bad decision making by the Packers over the last few years.
ApachePilot
AG
Macarthur said:

Ouch.

That's insane. Adams will get paid big time too. Lots of folks will be cut loose.
Ag12thman
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

Ag Natural said:

But you don't get the right players if your front office and GM are garbage. Jerry will go down as the worst GM in the history of pro sports since pro teams having a GM even became a thing.

The Cowboys roster is not nearly as talented most think. They have ONE good rookie LB, they have ONE good OL and a decent OL who is well past his sell date, starting RB is a spare even when healthy, maybe one good DT and one good DE. Good QB, not a great QB, who is being paid like he is essentially Tom Brady. 7 players make up like 70% of the cap space. It is beyond ridiculous how mismanaged the roster and team is.
I can't blue star this enough. Amen.
Kellso
Watching San Francisco beat Aaron Rodgers AGAIN in the playoffs last night only makes it clear to me that the Cowboys have got to upgrade their offensive and defensive lines if they want any shot of making it to the Super Bowl.

The skill position players are there......but the offensive line is a shell of itself and the defensive line was just pretty good at best.

This draft should focus on OL, DL and linebacker.
Kellso
Jarrin' Jay said:

Ag Natural said:

and somehow this "mismanaged" roster went 12-5 and won the NFC East by 3 games.

So...either the Cowboys have a great coach....or the roster is not as bad as you make it out to be.

This team is not that far off. I just watched a 13-4 team get dominated on their homefield by the same San Francisco team.

I don't think anyone would take Jimmy G over Aaron Rodgers or Dak Prescott....but the 49ers are worlds tougher than Dallas. This is their 5th NFC title game appearance in the last 10 years.

Kellso
Jarrin' Jay said:

Ag Natural said:

https://www.pff.com/nfl/grades/position/t

Pro football focus ranks Zack Martin as the #1 Guard in the NFL, and Tyron Smith as the #2 tackle in the NFL.

Tryon Smith at 75% is still better than almost any other left tackle in the NFL.

That being said....it wouldn't make me mad for the Cowboys to draft the highest rated tackle in the 22 draft. Move Lael Collins to guard and start Tyron's eventual replacement at right tackle.

The problem with the offensive line is in the interior. Connor Williams is a walking holding penalty which negates his run blocking abilities. Biadaz doesn't dominate anyone like Travis Frederick used to.

If the Cowboys had stronger offensive and defensive lines everyone else would look that much better.
Agristotle
AG
Kenyon Green to Dallas, please.
Ag12thman
AG
Quote:

I don't think anyone would take Jimmy G over Aaron Rodgers or Dak Prescott....but the 49ers are worlds tougher than Dallas. This is their 5th NFC title game appearance in the last 10 years.

This. And this is not fixed easily with the way Jerry Jones handles the organization. The problem is at the top.
Macarthur
Jarrin' Jay said:

Ag Natural said:

I get it that many of us are angry and rightfully so. I'm pissed at JJ too, but there's a quite a bit of hyperbole here.

They have more than one good OL. The RB room is fine, they just give the majority of the carries to the wrong one. They have more than one good DL. And in two years Dak's contract will be considered a bargain.

Yeah, they have some cap work to do but did you look at the GB situation? How about NO? Dallas is far from the worst team when it comes to salary cap issues. Look at every team and there is dead money and QBs taking up cap space. That's the league.
Macarthur
I also genuinely believe this was the most talented Dallas roster in a long time. Jerry has every right to be angry.
Kellso
Macarthur said:

I also genuinely believe this was the most talented Dallas roster in a long time. Jerry has every right to be angry.
In a perfect world the Cowboys get a clone of Russell Maryland in the 22 draft.
The defense is almost there....which Cowboy fans haven't been able to say for 20 years.
Dallas has got to draft the right guys in this upcoming draft.

Even as great as this defense could look....they were still a middle of the road defense in terms of overall yards given up.

I define a championship caliber defense as one that is top 7 (yards allowed, rushing yards allowed, passing yards allowed, turnovers, sacks, points) in almost all defensive categories.

The 21 Cowboys were great at turnovers and points allowed, but below average against the run. They were great against bad teams, and mediocre against great teams.

I have a feeling the Rams will beat the GOAT and the Bucs, and it will be because of Aaron Donald and the Rams defensive line.

I'd said this a few weeks ago, but I would be lying if I told you that I wasn't envious of the 49ers ability to kick Green Bay's/Aaron Rodgers ass in the playoffs.
If you look at the teams that can defeat the all time great quarterbacks they almost always dominate the LOS.
NukeAg10
AG
That part of the game will never ever change. If you can dominate the LOS then you will win the game, more often than not, and even more frequently in the playoffs. That's why I don't believe Kingsbury or slider will ever amount to anything in the playoffs. You have to be able to run the ball, and stop the run.
Macarthur
Kellso said:

Macarthur said:

The defense is almost there....which Cowboy fans haven't been able to say for 20 years.

Even as great as this defense could look....they were still a middle of the road defense in terms of overall yards given up.

I define a championship caliber defense as one that is top 7 (yards allowed, rushing yards allowed, passing yards allowed, turnovers, sacks, points) in almost all defensive categories.

The 21 Cowboys were great at turnovers and points allowed, but below average against the run. They were great against bad teams, and mediocre against great teams.

I have a feeling the Rams will beat the GOAT and the Bucs, and it will be because of Aaron Donald and the Rams defensive line.

I'd said this a few weeks ago, but I would be lying if I told you that I wasn't envious of the 49ers ability to kick Green Bay's/Aaron Rodgers ass in the playoffs.
If you look at the teams that can defeat the all time great quarterbacks they almost always dominate the LOS.
The problem is that in today's NFL, you simply can't have a great offense and defense together. Just not possible. Having a middle o the pack defense with this offense should have been good enough to win a playoff game or two.
Kellso
Macarthur said:

Kellso said:

Macarthur said:

The problem is that in today's NFL, you simply can't have a great offense and defense together. Just not possible. Having a middle o the pack defense with this offense should have been good enough to win a playoff game or two.
If you hit on your draft picks you most certainly can....especially if you can find impact players in the 4th round or lower.

jr15aggie
AG
Can you imagine being a Buffalo fan!? We thought we had it bad... at least those of us that are old enough got to enjoy 3 championships in the 90's. Friggin Buffalo had to be runner up like, what, 3 years in a row.

And now, when they all felt like they had the team to win it all (heck, I thought they were too) they get Mahomes'ed again. 13 seconds, 13 friggin seconds.

We got let off easy by comparison. If Dallas had played out of their mind like that and still gotten beat..... eesh, no thanks! I don't need that kind of pain in my life.
Ag12thman
AG
That team is absolutely loaded, but so is Kansas City. Mahomes is so dang good, but Josh Allen is also VERY good and they are in line for several deep playoff runs and likely Super Bowls in years to come. Both teams played very hard and were very physical. Kansas City seemed to have more speed and Buffalo more physicality. That game might have been this year's "Super Bowl," but the Rams are also very good.

If I were a Buffalo fan, I'd be pissed about the NFL OT rules more than anything this morning. Not giving a chance to both units of both teams in that big of a game is an absolute joke. Both defenses were worn out and a coin-flip basically decided that one, sadly.
Macarthur
Kellso said:

Macarthur said:

Kellso said:

Macarthur said:

If you hit on your draft picks you most certainly can....especially if you can find impact players in the 4th round or lower.

Well, sure you CAN, but have you looked around the league at 'hit rates' for the draft. I wish it were just that simple to say, just hit on your picks.

You know, the crazy thing is the cowboys are actually hitting on a fairly high number of picks the last few years.
jr15aggie
AG
Ag12thman said:

That team is absolutely loaded, but so is Kansas City. Mahomes is so dang good, but Josh Allen is also VERY good and they are in line for several deep playoff runs and likely Super Bowls in years to come. Both teams played very hard and were very physical. Kansas City seemed to have more speed and Buffalo more physicality. That game might have been this year's "Super Bowl," but the Rams are also very good.

Agree, but it will be interesting to see how these teams keep their rosters intact... like Dallas, the cap hits from the QB contracts only get larger the next couple of years.

The Rams are a completely different beast. They went all in now... their cap is going to be a mess and they dang near went full Minnesota/Herschel Walker with their draft picks.
jr15aggie
AG
Quote:

Well, sure you CAN, but have you looked around the league at 'hit rates' for the draft. I wish it were just that simple to say, just hit on your picks.

You know, the crazy thing is the cowboys are actually hitting on a fairly high number of picks the last few years.

They have. And it's amazing what a good coach was able to do with guys like Parsons, Diggs, Odigy, etc.

Then on the other side how wasteful we are of young/cheap/drafted talent like Lamb & Pollard. Ugh, I better stop there, lord knows we don't need any more rants!
Macarthur
jr15aggie said:

Quote:

They have. And it's amazing what a good coach was able to do with guys like Parsons, Diggs, Odigy, etc.

Then on the other side how wasteful we are of young/cheap/drafted talent like Lamb & Pollard. Ugh, I better stop there, lord knows we don't need any more rants!

Agree, we are significantly hamstrung by our below average OC and painfully average HC.
jtstanley4621
AG
We have the offensive skill talent to be incredibly multiple in ways we attack offenses. It's fair to say the line improving would help things (throw Connor Williams out of the Star Jazzy Jeff in Fresh Prince-style) but I just don't ever see McCarthy and Moore putting together an offense that lives up to the potential it has
jr15aggie
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

We have the offensive skill talent to be incredibly multiple in ways we attack offenses.

Agreed. We have 2 guys (Lamb & Pollard) who are as talented run after catch guys as anybody in the league not named Tyreek or Debo. There was never a consistent effort to get these guys the ball in space (No Kellen, WR screens don't count!).

We also have one of the best route running WRs in the game, somebody who could very consistently get open and get us 5-10 yards.... Naw, that's too easy... lets run some more deep routes!!!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.