********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

192,387 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

I was literally just thinking "at least the Cowboys are fun to watch again".

Still isn't quite the same though.

I've been a Cowboys fan for over 40 years. I've only been an Aggie for 20 years.

Not trying to be a 2%er, but the Cowboys have won more super bowls than the Ags have conference championships in the past 30 years.

Sorry not Sorry if I have more loyalty to America's Team!
Ag12thman
AG
Dude, you're on an Aggie website. It is gonna be Aggies >>>>> Cowboys here.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I was a Cowboy fan since birth. Born in the 70s heyday and pics of me as a kid include plenty of Staubach and Tony D jerseys.

But I AM an Aggie, not a Cowboy. I'd take endless Dallas losing seasons if it meant the Ags were elite every year. But for now, I agree that at least we don't have to watch an abortion on Saturday AND Sunday
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
jr15aggie said:

I was literally just thinking "at least the Cowboys are fun to watch again".

Still isn't quite the same though.

I've been a Cowboys fan for over 40 years. I've only been an Aggie for 20 years.

Not trying to be a 2%er, but the Cowboys have won more super bowls than the Ags have conference championships in the past 30 years.

Sorry not Sorry if I have more loyalty to America's Team!

jr15aggie
AG
Ag12thman said:

Dude, you're on an Aggie website. It is gonna be Aggies >>>>> Cowboys here.

Don't care... not even a little
Grapesoda2525
I grew up about 10-15 minutes from texas stadium and will always love this team.

We NEED this cowboys team to be good right now more than ever because the aggies are underachieving so badly. I'd rather get a root canal then watch the current Aggie QB play football.
Danny Vermin
I actually agree. It's not too hard to separate my college loyalties and my pro ones and be obsessed with both.
aggiephoenix02
Dak is good...
jteagle
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

I grew up about 10-15 minutes from texas stadium and will always love this team.

We NEED this cowboys team to be good right now more than ever because the aggies are underachieving so badly. I'd rather get a root canal then watch the current Aggie QB play football.
I'd rather get a root canal than listen to you ***** and complain all the time.
jteagle
AG
Danny Vermin said:

I actually agree. It's not too hard to separate my college loyalties and my pro ones and be obsessed with both.
This! This is the only time in my life that the two have been connected in any way.
jr15aggie
AG
I'm still annoyed that the coacheds called off the dogs way too early and made it close at the end.

But otherwise, that was the best 3 quarters of football we've played in long time. That was a good football team and we had them by 3 TDs.

Dak played like an NFL MVP, Zeke was a stud, and our defense played nasty. And Diggs elevated his game from pro bowl to All Pro!
98Ag99Grad
AG
Anything on Diggs and why he was out? Saw a slight limp from him on the sidelines.
gigem1223
98Ag99Grad said:

Anything on Diggs and why he was out? Saw a slight limp from him on the sidelines.

Back tightness. Caught a cleat to the back. Precautionary.
gigem1223
The offense and defense are complimenting each other well so far. We don't need a great D, but combined with this offense, a D that creates negative plays and turnovers makes this team extremely dangerous.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Good to hear that's all it was. Dude is playing lights out.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
I hope Jerry is saving up his money for Diggs' next contract.

Macarthur
Interesting discussion on the ticket post game.

What happens when Collins comes back? Steele is playing really well. Collins to LG makes this OL better. Collins to RT and leaving Williams at LG is status quo.

ElephantRider
AG
Macarthur said:

What happens when Collins comes back? Steele is playing really well. Collins to LG makes this OL better. Collins to RT and leaving Williams at LG is status quo.

I have a feeling they will put Collins back at RT. Maybe Steele to LG?
PooDoo
AG
ElephantRider said:

Macarthur said:

I have a feeling they will put Collins back at RT. Maybe Steele to LG?

As much as the guards have to block in space and as many whiffs Steele had today, although it was against Shaq... keep him at back up we'll need him before long.
Danny Vermin
I agree. His pass blocking was pretty good but his run blocking leaves alot to be desired. He's a nice insurance policy.
Grapesoda2525
Macarthur said:

That's a good question. When do we start getting some of these guys back from injury?
Ag Natural
AG
Regardless, having a solid starting 5 plus Steele and McGovern is NICE.
All I do is Nguyen
To me that is the biggest difference this season. Having Dak of course is always going to help but the Line is MAULING people this year
Txhuntr
AG
This line is shades of 2016
ac04
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I was a Cowboy fan since birth. Born in the 70s heyday and pics of me as a kid include plenty of Staubach and Tony D jerseys.

But I AM an Aggie, not a Cowboy. I'd take endless Dallas losing seasons if it meant the Ags were elite every year. But for now, I agree that at least we don't have to watch an abortion on Saturday AND Sunday

I'm pretty much here too.

I used to be so damn die hard Cowboys and Aggies together. I'll be honest, when Romo retired I lost some of my enthusiasm for the team, and then in 2020 priorities really shifted with the pandemic, work, and kids. Still loved the Cowboys, but just wasn't as into every move as I was before. But I maintained my Aggie football enthusiasm 100% in that time too with Jimbo and last year's great season.

Some of you know how active I used to be on any Cowboys discussion.

I'm starting to feel the enthusiasm awake again though and I'm glad Dak has come back because he's a good dude it seems like.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Grew up watching the Cowboys every Sunday for as long as I can remember. It was always on and we were always rooting for them. That started 15 years before I became an Ag. Now I'm an Aggie for life, but I'd never be able to pick one over the other if we're just talking about football.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Macarthur
Ag Natural said:

Agree.

But here's the deal. We always talk about getting your best 5 on the field (A&M OL ). Pretty much everyone agrees that McGovern is probably your 5th best OL, but he's not playing. When Collins comes back and Steele goes to the swing tackle, that means not only will you not have your best 5, you will have 2 guys not playing that are better than 2 guys currently playing. I can't wrap my head around the coaches allowing that to happen.
jr15aggie
AG
Into my 40s now, I have a much easier time just letting it go if my team isn't very good. I use to get decently upset at a bad loss or a bad season. Not so much anymore.

This Aggie team with the current QB1 is simply not good and so I don't have the time/energy to invest in them. I'm not upset, I've just accepted who they are until King gets back.

This Cowboys team, on the other hand, is showing signs that they are a very good football team and I'm happy to spend some time watching/talking/listening to all things Cowboys.
jr15aggie
AG
Listening to some of the post game stuff... I'm still blown away every time I hear Randy Gregory speak. He's just one of those guys that speaks so well and you believe everything he is saying. It's no surprise why this team continued to have faith in the guy despite so many set backs. Also shows how dumb the NFL weed policy is/was.
jr15aggie
AG
This was one of his better ones... good stuff!

Ag Natural
AG
Macarthur said:

Ag Natural said:

Agree.

But here's the deal. We always talk about getting your best 5 on the field (A&M OL ). Pretty much everyone agrees that McGovern is probably your 5th best OL, but he's not playing. When Collins comes back and Steele goes to the swing tackle, that means not only will you not have your best 5, you will have 2 guys not playing that are better than 2 guys currently playing. I can't wrap my head around the coaches allowing that to happen.

So you think the coaches are intentionally playing worse players over the superior backups? Where are you getting your information?
Macarthur
Ag Natural said:

Macarthur said:

Ag Natural said:

Agree.

So you think the coaches are intentionally playing worse players over the superior backups? Where are you getting your information?

It's been discussed on a number of outlets that McGovern has been outstanding from offseason all the way through camp. I don't think it's controversial to say he's better than Williams and it's been brought up a ton that he played some C in college because the feeling is he is clearly a better OL than Biadasz. The question is whether he can play C.
jtstanley4621
AG

I hope Jerry is saving up his money for Diggs' next contract.

No we should let him walk so we can sign a mediocre LB instead la Byron Jones. Imagine the CB duo of Jones and Diggs
jr15aggie
AG
I still think Williams gets too much crap because of his bad plays... and he does have some noticeably bad reps at times.

But I don't think they had to call his number once yesterday for a sack/penalty. And Zeke was running the ball just as well to the left as he was to the right. I'm guessing he graded out pretty good against a very nice Carolina front 7.

I think McGovern is the heir apparent next year, but for right now I do wonder how he'd do at C. Biadasz may be OK after another offseason, but he's clearly the weakest link on the O-line right now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.