********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

188,868 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
jtstanley4621
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TheCougarHunter said:

gigem1223 said:

You think Jimmy G is better than Dak? For all the praise Stafford gets, he has never won a playoff game and also leads the league in interceptions since November.

Jimmy G is a full 1.1 YPA better than Dak so yes

Jimmy G has also taken a team to the SB and damn near won it

Lmao I can think of nothing less significant to point to as one QB being better than the other than a 1.1 YPA difference. Dak has more yards, TDs, and less INTs.
EastSideAg2002
Grapesoda2525 said:

Daveintx said:

Ah yes.. the infamous "my contacts weren't right, and the sun was in my eyes" drop by Hamilton..... Guy could hammer the ball, but was lacking heavily in the smarts...

The 38-28 San Fran gave that kept Dallas from the 3 in a row was decided within the first 10 minutes of the game, where it was already 21-0... after that, it was let Sanders cling onto Irvin and go
I was too young then to understand, but didn't the refs blow a crucial pass interference call on Deion that could've helped us get back into it?
Yeah it was pretty blatant. My friends dad punched a hole in his garage drywall after that play.
dave94
AG
I'm starting to get that nervous playoff game feeling, can't wait for Sunday!!!
wbt5845
AG
NFL Network showing Dallas/SF 1981 NFC Championship Game. Let's see if I yell **** at the top of my lungs like I did at my parent's house when Dwight Clark catches that damn ball in the back of the end zone.

I picked up some bad game watching habits as a freshman in the Hart Hall TV room.
wbt5845
AG
So many Hall of Famers in this game - Tony Dorsett, Randy White, Ronnie Lott, Joe Montana, Dwight Clark - and of course both head coaches, Landry and Walsh.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I was in the 1st grade when the Catch happened and refused to go to school the next day. My late mom, bless her soul, let me stay home. I still remember playing ball in the yard the next day recreating the game and pretending the Cowboys won
wbt5845
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I was in the 1st grade ....
PooDoo
AG
wbt5845 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

I was in 4th
Southlake
jtstanley4621 said:

Lmao I can think of nothing less significant to point to as one QB being better than the other than a 1.1 YPA difference. Dak has more yards, TDs, and less INTs.
But…Dak also played 6 games against the stinky East teams while the 49ers played against the West who harps 3 teams going to the playoffs.

Look at it anyway you want. On Sunday the team the wants it more will win. It's just that simple and too close to call.
gigem1223
Jimmy G is a bus driver whose probably not the 9ers QB next year, Dak is the leader of the #1 offense in the nfl. I don't think it's even close on whose the better qb.
wbt5845
AG
PooDoo said:

wbt5845 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

I was in 4th
medwriter
Grapesoda2525 said:

I think Bay Area teams have caused DFW sports fans more than enough heart ache already.

1994- SF prevented the cowboys from being the only team in nfl history to win 4 Super Bowls in a row. 1994 would've made 3, but we already know in hindsight that they won in 1995.

2007- golden state completely ruins the worst basketball regular season the mavericks have ever had by beating them in the first round of the playoffs as the lowly #8 seed. The mavericks should've seen this coming and tried to avoid it, but they arrogantly ran right into that trap.

Oakland, Oakland, Oakland. Can we beat Oakland at anything? Record against the raiders is terrible in the last 30 years or so. The Oakland A's are always a big problem for the Texas rangers. The rangers can't seem to win games in Oakland. Ever.

I still remember the rangers season where Josh Hamilton was having issues and we lost a 5 game lead at the end of the season while Oakland came back.

Overall very frustrating. We need a win this week. I'd probably even say we are due.
Screw those bay area teams like the 49rs and the raiders. I hope that the Cowboys kick their asses up and down the field. It will most certainly be an entertaining game, even better if the Cowboys knock them out of the playoffs.
medwriter
wbt5845 said:

So many Hall of Famers in this game - Tony Dorsett, Randy White, Ronnie Lott, Joe Montana, Dwight Clark - and of course both head coaches, Landry and Walsh.
Truly some fantastic games with so much talent it was unbelievable. And then throw Tom Landry and Walsh into the mix - you couldn't write a better script.

EPIC game coming and I think you will see both teams giving it their all. I can hardly wait.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
"The Catch" is the reason I became a Cowboys fan.

The 94 NFC Championship is the one game I literally got sick with I was so upset . I was young and obviously immature enough to let a dumb game get to me like it did. For 3 days I was in a haze.

Thank God I don't take sports that seriously anymore.

PS that absolutely was PI on Deion.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Macarthur said:

Lots of talk about how the SF run game presents a mismatch w/ the Dallas D, and it def will be a big challenge.

However, very few are talking about how bad SF is against the pass, esp the long ball.

The biggest takeaway from this is that offenses based on the run have small margins for error and, statistically, rushing success has little correlation with winning.

The 49ers biggest advantage in this game actually doesn't really help them very much in terms of outcomes. When they win, it's because Garappolo throws the ball efficiently and for a high YPA, and that is independent of how well they run.

The 49ers can run for 200 yards for all I care as long as Dallas throws the ball more efficiently and explosively. The 49ers can run all over Dallas and still lose by multiple scores because that's how much lower the margin for error is when that's how you play.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wbt5845
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Thank God I don't take sports that seriously anymore.
jr15aggie
AG
I don't remember '94 bothering me that much. 2007, on the other hand, really stung for a while.

Not sure if we would have beaten the Pat's, but to be one and done when we were far and away the best team in the NFC during the regular season. That was our year to get back to the Super Bowl. Unreal how the Giants caught fire, beat us, and then went on to beat the best team of all time.
98Ag99Grad
AG
94 sucked. Merton Hanks and his long ass neck out there doing his pigeon dance. No, not bitter at all. F that game.
Macarthur
Infection_Ag11 said:

Macarthur said:

Lots of talk about how the SF run game presents a mismatch w/ the Dallas D, and it def will be a big challenge.

However, very few are talking about how bad SF is against the pass, esp the long ball.

The biggest takeaway from this is that offenses based on the run have small margins for error and, statistically, rushing success has little correlation with winning.

The 49ers biggest advantage in this game actually doesn't really help them very much in terms of outcomes. When they win, it's because Garappolo throws the ball efficiently and for a high YPA, and that is independent of how well they run.

The 49ers can run for 200 yards for all I care as long as Dallas throws the ball more efficiently and explosively. The 49ers can run all over Dallas and still lose by multiple scores because that's how much lower the margin for error is when that's how you play.
Agree. This point caused me to go down the analytics rabbit hole. I've never been a big analytics guy but picked up stuff here and there. It really does indicate that running the ball is incredibly overrated and that point comes more into focus in the playoffs. For the most part, good passing teams make it to the SB, not good running teams.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

94 sucked. Merton Hanks and his long ass neck out there doing his pigeon dance. No, not bitter at all. F that game.

I hated Hanks so damn much.

Still do.
Kellso
EastSideAg2002 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Daveintx said:

Ah yes.. the infamous "my contacts weren't right, and the sun was in my eyes" drop by Hamilton..... Guy could hammer the ball, but was lacking heavily in the smarts...

The 38-28 San Fran gave that kept Dallas from the 3 in a row was decided within the first 10 minutes of the game, where it was already 21-0... after that, it was let Sanders cling onto Irvin and go
I was too young then to understand, but didn't the refs blow a crucial pass interference call on Deion that could've helped us get back into it?
Yeah it was pretty blatant. My friends dad punched a hole in his garage drywall after that play.
I've always thought the Cowboys would have ended up winning that game 42-41 if the call was made.

There is about 4-5 minutes left in the 1994 NFC Championship and the Cowboys have made a heroic comeback after a disastrous 1st half which started off with them being down 21-0 like 5 minutes into the 1st quarter.

They are down 38-28 and Deion clearly interferes with Irvin at the goal line. If they make the right call the Cowboys gets the ball at about the 4 yard line with maybe 4 minutes left in the game.

I think the Cowboys would have scored to make it 38-35 and then they would have held San Francisco to a field goal. They would have gotten the ball back around the 2 minute warning.
Kellso
jr15aggie said:

I don't remember '94 bothering me that much. 2007, on the other hand, really stung for a while.

Not sure if we would have beaten the Pat's, but to be one and done when we were far and away the best team in the NFC during the regular season. That was our year to get back to the Super Bowl. Unreal how the Giants caught fire, beat us, and then went on to beat the best team of all time.
Same here.

I hate the Packers and Brett Favre....so the 2007 NFC Championship game is one of my all time favorite games.

Everytime that game is shown on ESPN Classic I always end up shaking my head that my Cowboys were 3-0 against these two teams in the regular season with all three victories being by double digits.

Im still pissed at Tony Romo that the Cowboys only scored 17 points in that loss to the Giants.

2007 Dallas -New York
45-31
31-21
17-21

Dallas-Green Bay
37-27
jr15aggie
AG
That Giants D, their pass rush in particular, came alive in the playoffs. But still, we had them beat... right up to the point where Patrick Crayton dropped a pass that hit him in the numbers. He was one of my favorite players and if he catches the easiest ball of his career we win.

I'm honestly still upset.
TyHolden
AG
Pollard 100% ???
Infection_Ag11
AG
Kellso said:

jr15aggie said:

Same here.

I hate the Packers and Brett Favre....so the 2007 NFC Championship game is one of my all time favorite games.

Everytime that game is shown on ESPN Classic I always end up shaking my head that my Cowboys were 3-0 against these two teams in the regular season with all three victories being by double digits.

Im still pissed at Tony Romo that the Cowboys only scored 17 points in that loss to the Giants.

2007 Dallas -New York
45-31
31-21
17-21

Dallas-Green Bay
37-27

Patrick Crayton and the OL (which had been the best OL in the NFL all season) just didn't show up that day.

Crayton dropping what would have been a foot race to the end zone on a third down play in the second half, and then giving up on a perfectly placed throw the back corner of the end zone on the last drive that would have won he game, are two of the most forgotten influential plays in Cowboys history.

That being said, I don't believe Dallas was beating NE in the SB that year so it's probably all moot anyway.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
NukeAg10
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

Kellso said:

jr15aggie said:

Same here.

2007 Dallas -New York
45-31
31-21
17-21

Dallas-Green Bay
37-27

Patrick Crayton and the OL (which had been the best OL in the NFL all season) just didn't show up that day.

Crayton dropping what would have been a foot race to the end zone on a third down play in the second half, and then giving up on a perfectly placed throw the back corner of the end zone on the last drive that would have won he game, are two of the most forgotten influential plays in Cowboys history.

That being said, I don't believe Dallas was beating NE in the SB that year so it's probably all moot anyway.

Those two plays are definitely not forgotten by me. Crayton quitting on that route in the end zone is the play I remember the most. I shattered my razr 3g phone after that play. Luckily I don't get that angry about sports anymore.
jr15aggie
AG
TyHolden said:

Pollard 100% ???

My understanding is he's as good as he's gonna get until offseason surgery or whatever is needed. I think it's really more of a pain issue and they got shots and medications for that.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Him tearing it was actually better in the long run I read.
birdman
49ers - Beat a long-time rival that poses matchup problems.
Buccaneers - Beat the reigning champions and Brady.
Packers - Beat another long-time rival, prohibitive favorite and MVP.

Beat some hapless AFC team.
jr15aggie
AG
birdman said:

Yeah, Buffalo is gonna be super EZ
birdman
jr15aggie said:

birdman said:

Yeah, Buffalo is gonna be super EZ
They were the first two times.
jr15aggie
AG
That would be awesome. Buffalo wins the AFC and then we win the NFC a few hours later. Bills fans be like, "F me, of course we gotta play Dallas in the Super Bowl!"

Edit: 47-17 final. That's not bad Buffalo. Not as impressive as 52-17, but not bad.

Edit #2: Am I really bringing up a game that was played almost 29 years ago? You're gosh dang right I am!
Grapesoda2525
Infection_Ag11 said:

Kellso said:

jr15aggie said:

Same here.

2007 Dallas -New York
45-31
31-21
17-21

Dallas-Green Bay
37-27

Super bowl would've been ugly. Brady, moss, and Welker would've thrown all over our secondary which had bums like Brandon Carr and Anthony Henry. They probably wouldn't have even tried to run against us.
Grapesoda2525
MookieBlaylock
AG
Thats like 100 people
.cant even takeover a section

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.