********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

192,413 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
NukeAg10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Watching the Chiefs, I remember early in the year when the cowboys had wide open receivers all over the field and a QB that would hit them.
Kellso
Serious question for Cowboy fans:

Which Cowboys era do you prefer?
The Tom Landy Dallas Cowboys (1960-88)
or
The Jerry Jones Dallas Cowboys(89- Present)

The Jerry Jones era has more Super Bowl victories. (3-0)

The Tom Landy ere has way more regular season(NFL record 20 straight winning seasons) and post season success, but multiple Super Bowl losses. (2-3)
DannyDuberstein
AG
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

The Randy Gregory penalty was so ironic. Here is a guy that the Cowboys have never been able to rely on. They stuck with him though and in the biggest moment he commits a stupid penalty.

He's got mental issues, particularly with anxiety. Today seemed like it was way too much for him. All spun up and really undisciplined. Undisciplined presnap. Not setting the edge consistently and playing his gaps. No idea what he was doing on the critical holding penalty
cupofjoe04
AG
Kellso said:

Serious question for Cowboy fans:

Which Cowboys era do you prefer?
The Tom Landy Dallas Cowboys (1960-88)
or
The Jerry Jones Dallas Cowboys(89- Present)

The Jerry Jones era has more Super Bowl victories. (3-0)

The Tom Landy ere has way more regular season(NFL record 20 straight winning seasons) and post season success, but multiple Super Bowl losses. (2-3)

Multiple Super Bowl losses wouldn't bother me NEAR as much as multiple 0-fer or 1-and-done post seasons. Each Super Bowl loss was the result of an exciting post-season run.
Ag12thman
AG
NukeAg10 said:

Watching the Chiefs, I remember early in the year when the cowboys had wide open receivers all over the field and a QB that would hit them.
Prescott regressed. No doubt about it.
NukeAg10
AG
Never the same after his calf strain. He had the calzada feet every week after that, even against bad teams sometimes.
Southlake
I still think Daks mental health issues are affecting his play.
NukeAg10
AG
I hope not, but you might be right. Something was definitely wrong the back half of the season.
Ag12thman
AG
NukeAg10 said:

Never the same after his calf strain. He had the calzada feet every week after that, even against bad teams sometimes.
Totally agree. He plays scared now.
DannyDuberstein
AG
What's crazy is that calf strain was a nothingburger. But there is no question that he's rushing thru his reads, his eye level is coming down to rush, and he's not consistently setting his feet. Cooper and Lamb are not getting anywhere near the targets they need because he's not allowing them the time to run theiir routes. He's panicked and moved on. Looking to dump to Zeke or finding Schultz.
NukeAg10
AG
Yeah, I don't think the calf strain is the reason for the regression, but that's the point in time where his game went downhill. Going to Schultz wasn't a bad thing, I wish he had gone to him more today bc he was wide open multiple times. I can understand him not really trusting lamb with all the drops, but cooper definitely wasn't getting targeted enough. The dude is one of the best route runners in the game, and I have no doubt he was open quite a bit for big gains. The route cooper ran on the TD was a thing of beauty. Lamb had a 32 yarder called back, and does his best work in space. For whatever reason, Dak rarely could hit people in stride and forced them to make crazy catches, the back half of the season.
Ag12thman
AG
Cooper was way underutilized in the second half of the season, IMO.
NukeAg10
AG
Agreed, and I believe most of that is on Dak.
gigem1223
What did I do to be cursed with being born a cowboys and Aggie fan?
DannyDuberstein
AG
gigem1223 said:

What did I do to be cursed with being born a cowboys and Aggie fan?

At least you arent a houston Aggie

Nothing in football unless you are 100 years old. And for other sports, you gotta explain how stealing signs with a tv monitor isn't cheating and how you would have won those basketball titles even if Jordan didn't retire. Yeah right
Kellso
Offensive line outside of Tyron Smith and Zach Martin is utterly average.

If Pollard also has a bad game with a low YPC....then that is on the offensive line.

The offensive line didn't dominate anyone the second half of the season on the ground.

I would love to see the Cowboys draft a replacement for the Connor Williams and Lael Collins.
Mike Elko
AG
TheCougarHunter said:

What about the Neville Gallimore penalty on 3rd down 3 plays before that

The whole team played dumb. You have a dumb coach you get dumb players.
PAY YOUR FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE DUES: https://texags.com/forums/23/topics/3204355/2
ApachePilot
AG
NukeAg10 said:

Yeah, I don't think the calf strain is the reason for the regression, but that's the point in time where his game went downhill. Going to Schultz wasn't a bad thing, I wish he had gone to him more today bc he was wide open multiple times. I can understand him not really trusting lamb with all the drops, but cooper definitely wasn't getting targeted enough. The dude is one of the best route runners in the game, and I have no doubt he was open quite a bit for big gains. The route cooper ran on the TD was a thing of beauty. Lamb had a 32 yarder called back, and does his best work in space. For whatever reason, Dak rarely could hit people in stride and forced them to make crazy catches, the back half of the season.
. The hitting guys in stride is a big issue imo. When Dak does it the cowboys offense is lights out. He is now too often behind, over, and short on throws. He rushes passes when he has time. His internal clock has sped up. Maybe that injury last year is haunting him?
Macarthur
NukeAg10 said:

Dak is part of it but I put most on Moore. I just don't like his game plans. I don't like his play sequences. He way too run heavy in predicable situations. I'm 100% out on Kellen Moore.
Chipotlemonger
AG
TheCougarHunter said:

Pay your dumb league dues
Ag12thman
AG
NukeAg10 said:

You're right. Cooper is being wasted because Dak can't get to his read and is worried about pressure and/or getting hit and/or getting hurt again.
Ag12thman
AG
Macarthur said:

NukeAg10 said:

Dak is part of it but I put most on Moore. I just don't like his game plans. I don't like his play sequences. He way too run heavy in predicable situations. I'm 100% out on Kellen Moore.
Yeah, Moore has been shut down by opposing DCs since about mid-season. He has yet to figure it out and he may never.
Grapesoda2525
Collins was an unbelievable disappointment. The guys on the radio kept anticipating when he would come back. He comes back and the line actually looked worse than while he was gone.
The Porkchop Express
TheCougarHunter said:

At least Neville Gallimore pays his fantasy football dues instead of skipping out on paying $20 for 5 months and counting!
The Porkchop Express
TheCougarHunter said:

Does anyone here think Mac has any chance of beating a Shanahan or McVay?
Maybe not, but Mac always pays his fantasy football league dues on time, so he's cool in my book.
Macarthur
Grapesoda2525 said:

Collins was an unbelievable disappointment. The guys on the radio kept anticipating when he would come back. He comes back and the line actually looked worse than while he was gone.

I think Collins has to move inside to LG. I think he could be pretty good to solid for another 2 yeas or so, but he's cooked at OT.
bonfarr
AG
This would be the most Jerry thing ever, replace a mediocre head coach with a mediocre OC already on your staff whose offense cost you a playoff game.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-could-replace-mike-mccarthy-with-kellen-moore-after-team-fails-to-meet-playoff-expectations/amp/
Ag12thman
AG
bonfarr said:

This would be the most Jerry thing ever, replace a mediocre head coach with a mediocre OC already on your staff whose offense cost you a playoff game.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-could-replace-mike-mccarthy-with-kellen-moore-after-team-fails-to-meet-playoff-expectations/amp/
I think we'd all not at all be surprised, but you're right. This would be an idiotic move.
wbt5845
AG
If they wanna get rid of McCarthy, aid go with Quinn before Moore.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Good overall concept. Completely wrong coordinator. Disaster in waiting
Ag12thman
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Good overall concept. Completely wrong coordinator. Disaster in waiting
If he does this, you can pretty much kiss the immediate future goodbye. What a laughing stock move this would be.
TMACsDaMan
One thing is for sure…if Connor Williams is back in any capacity for this team, the Cowboys didn't do their homework or they fell in love with a shiny new toy in the first three rounds of the draft again.
CoppellAg93
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

^
l
l
l

Oops - didn't see this post.

He had a disappointing game but Conor Williams should never see the field again. He was benched earlier in the year for sucking and came back because of injury. He proved last night that he can't cut it and should not be here next year.
wbt5845
AG
See, Jerry desperately wants a Super Bowl championship he can call his own. And he's 79 right now. So he'll do anything with this core group now - there is no rebuild.

To paraphrase Lincoln - if he thinks hiring or firing coaches will work, he'll do that - if he thinks picking up or releasing players will work, he'll do that - if he thinks doing some of one and some of the other will work, he'll do that too.
Ag12thman
AG
wbt5845 said:

See, Jerry desperately wants a Super Bowl championship he can call his own. And he's 79 right now. So he'll do anything with this core group now - there is no rebuild.

To paraphrase Lincoln - if he thinks hiring or firing coaches will work, he'll do that - if he thinks picking up or releasing players will work, he'll do that - if he thinks doing some of one and some of the other will work, he'll do that too.
He'd have several more Super Bowl at least appearances if he was NOT the GM and he hired someone who knows what they are doing. He's too controlling and too much of an attention-***** for this, though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.