********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

197,772 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Legal Custodian said:

So heavy rumors Dak isn't playing on Sunday. Dallas started as a 2.5 point favorite and is now a 2.5 point dog

Well that sucks balls.
98Ag99Grad
AG
yeah after reading the article on ESPN I'm expecting him not to play.
Grapesoda2525
One loss to Minnesota is worth Dak hopefully fully recovering from the injury or at least being close to fully recovering.

It's a road game on Halloween night. Game is already pretty weird to begin with.
jr15aggie
AG
The guys that get to watch practice are saying he looks normal doing whatever on the field work he's doing. Now that doesn't necessarily mean much, but he's not gimpy.

Dak has proven that he doesn't need a week of practice to come in and ball out better than 95% of the QBs in the league... they will no doubt be rehabbing and testing it all the way through Sunday afternoon. If he's good he'll play and probably play well.
Ag Natural
AG
Can he just play with the boot on? That's still probably better than Rush.
TMACsDaMan
If sitting Dak this week means the chances of re-aggravation in the following weeks becomes slim, that's a smart and conservative approach. If he plays and re-aggravates it and is out six weeks (Gallup type calf injury), then we are in a deep world of doodoo!
TyHolden
AG
Trade for Watson?
jteagle
AG
It would be nice if Dak could play. However, I think the team is playing better as a whole and they are in better shape to play with a backup than they were last year. The offensive line being healthy is going to be huge and the defense is playing better.
jtstanley4621
AG
I think the thing to keep in mind is that we should absolutely run away with the division this year with a healthy Dak playing QB. If sitting him this weekend makes that more of a reality then I'm totally in favor of it
jr15aggie
AG
TMACsDaMan said:

If he plays and re-aggravates it and is out six weeks (Gallup type calf injury), then we are in a deep world of doodoo!

My only comment about this is Dak does not play WR. The calf has to be 100% for Gallup to return... would not be the case for Dak. You can gameplan around a hobbled QB if it came to that.

I guess it's more about risk/reward. On one hand the division is practically over already so why take the chance. On the other hand, this is football and every game is important. Guys can get hurt on any given play... can't put them in a plastic bubble, you just gotta play and hope they all stay healthy.
jteagle
AG
Also, keep in mind we aren't playing the Packers or the Bucs. We're playing the Vikings and Kirk Cousins. One week Kirk can look like Aaron Rodgers and the next week he looks like Ginger Rogers. He is very inconsistent and although I haven't seen them play this year, it appears that the Vikings are inconsistent as well. They have won 3 games by a combined total of 11 points and lost 3 games by the same margin.

Chances are it won't be a blowout either way and we should have a chance in the end.
Macarthur
jr15aggie said:

TMACsDaMan said:

If he plays and re-aggravates it and is out six weeks (Gallup type calf injury), then we are in a deep world of doodoo!

My only comment about this is Dak does not play WR. The calf has to be 100% for Gallup to return... would not be the case for Dak. You can gameplan around a hobbled QB if it came to that.

I guess it's more about risk/reward. On one hand the division is practically over already so why take the chance. On the other hand, this is football and every game is important. Guys can get hurt on any given play... can't put them in a plastic bubble, you just gotta play and hope they all stay healthy.

I tend to agree with this. I certainly don't want to risk Dak being out more, but I feel you can gameplan a QB with a sore calf. You are paying this guy big time $. I mean, what exactly does "he was sore this morning" mean? Show me a guy on an NFL roster that isn't sore 24/7....
Ag Natural
AG
Didn't Rodgers beat us in the playoffs one year with a bum calf? QBs can definitely get through it.
jr15aggie
AG
Ag Natural said:

Didn't Rodgers beat us in the playoffs one year with a bum calf? QBs can definitely get through it.

The guy was a statue in that game... he could barely move. Can't remember what the injury was, but JG and crew sure as heck didn't game plan a way to get him on the ground. Was pathetic coaching.

Pretty sure that was the "Dez caught it!" game too... and let me friggin tell you... Dez caught that MF'ing football! I mean, come the freak on refs... irrefutable evidence to overturn the call on the field my ass!

See, now you got me all fired up!!!!!!!!
Grapesoda2525
jr15aggie said:

Ag Natural said:

The guy was a statue in that game... he could barely move. Can't remember what the injury was, but JG and crew sure as heck didn't game plan a way to get him on the ground. Was pathetic coaching.

Pretty sure that was the "Dez caught it!" game too... and let me friggin tell you... Dez caught that MF'ing football! I mean, come the freak on refs... irrefutable evidence to overturn the call on the field my ass!

See, now you got me all fired up!!!!!!!!

Anyone else remember that no name defensive end who played for Atlanta and he got something like 8 sacks against us in one game? Anyone remember playing Detroit before Calvin Johnson retired and I told my buddies before the game that we have to double cover him all game and pretty much try to take him out of the game, then we watched him get like 200 yards receiving and tons of TDs?

There was a game up in New England around 2011 or 2012 where we were ahead by 6 with like 2-3 minutes left. I said to everyone who around me that we have to be aggressive and get first downs or we will lose this game. Garrett called three runs up the middle into a stacked box to deprive Belichick of time outs then we punted and Brady easily led them on a TD to win the game.

Jerry's hand picked stooge Garrett was probably the worst coach you could ask for. He was an over conservative ***** of a man who tried to run the cowboys like we were the team from the 1990's and we never had a roster that even remotely resembled that team. I'm so grateful that McCarthy is here. Garrett was a total joke.
NukeAg10
AG
Calvin Johnson had 300+ yards that day.

Eta: 2013

Grapesoda2525
NukeAg10 said:

Calvin Johnson had 300+ yards that day.

Eta: 2013

A decent coach would've won that game.

The old Garrett crew came up with a game plan and if it worked….. great they would try to ride it all the way thru 4 quarters.

If the game plan didn't work…. It was a long day where we would get blown out.

Garrett and company didn't make half time or in game adjustments.
wbt5845
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Garrett and company didn't make half time or in game adjustments.
Tightened it up.
TyHolden
AG
Is Dak playing today???
Legal Custodian
AG
MaximusDMeridius said:

Is Dak playing today???

I'm sure the news will come out around 5 or so once warmups start
Ag Natural
AG
Game time decision. I bet he plays.
Grapesoda2525
Still no word on dak?
BenFiasco14
AG
The Washington kickers last name is pronounced "blew it"
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Grapesoda2525
I remember there was a guy on the sips with that last name during the Charlie strong era.
NukeAg10
AG
Dak is inactive tonight.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Never doubt Vegas. Vegas knew before Dak knew
PatAg
AG
"simple calf strain" , somehow serious enough to not recover from during a bye week
LostTexasBoy
AG
Per the Cowboys Instagram story, Dak is on the field in cleats and gear warming up.
Ag12thman
AG
PatAg said:

"simple calf strain" , somehow serious enough to not recover from during a bye week
Sounds more serious than they initially said. If it is, you don't want him playing tonight.
birdman
Be smart. You have a three game lead in the division.
jtstanley4621
AG
LostTexasBoy said:

Per the Cowboys Instagram story, Dak is on the field in cleats and gear warming up.

Could just be going through warmups and then sitting down
LostTexasBoy
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

LostTexasBoy said:

Could just be going through warmups and then sitting down

Oh I agree. I just thought it was interesting. I'd honestly rather let him sit tonight unless we need him and he's able.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Helluva win. 6-1!
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Congratulations to the Dallas Cowboys for pulling off a road win against the Minnesota Vikings on Halloween night without Dak Prescott. Since a 31-29 loss at Tampa Bay in opening NFL night, the Cowboys have won 6 straight games to improve to 6-1. I am a die hard San Francisco 49ers fan, and it's looking like the Cowboys will run away with the NFC East division title.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.