********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

188,848 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
BenFiasco14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jr15aggie said:

MookieBlaylock said:

Giants coaching staff makes the cowboys look elite

Who's on their staff?
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
jr15aggie
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Defnitely agree that Parsons needs to stay at DE for now. Once D Law comes back full strength then we can look at moving him back to LB.

Last nights DL was just so damn disruptive (when they weren't getting held)

If that's what the coaches do then give Neal, Cox, & Gifford more PT next week. Jaylon is a big play liability!
Ag Natural
AG
I think Parsons usage should be based on the opponent. Teams that like to run the ball or use their backs heavily in the pass game should lead to Parsons at LB most snaps. If its a pure passing team then let rush him off the line all game.

Under normal circumstances you play him at LB against Philly and have him spy Hurts. I think they would have dominated even more thoroughly if Hurts hadnt been able to scramble a bit.
jr15aggie
AG
Good take and I agree. I'd also add that it might depend on who the other team has at OT. If we are going up against 2 stud OT, I say let our other guys bang their heads against them and let Parsons roam free.

I don't need him getting stonewalled most of the game against a pro bowl OT. On the flip-side, I'm more than happy to let him take advantage of a scrub!

94chem
Ag Natural said:

I think Parsons usage should be based on the opponent. Teams that like to run the ball or use their backs heavily in the pass game should lead to Parsons at LB most snaps. If its a pure passing team then let rush him off the line all game.

Under normal circumstances you play him at LB against Philly and have him spy Hurts. I think they would have dominated even more thoroughly if Hurts hadnt been able to scramble a bit.

Their 2 biggest plays of the game were hail Marys on broken plays. One was the PI/catch, and the other was the TD. That was very close to a shutout.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
PooDoo
AG
This probably would've rubbed me the wrong way before seeing how much of a cut up and good teammate Zeke was on HardKnocks
The comment is from Zeke's little sister
PatAg
AG

Jaylon would probably be still looking at the RB around the time Parsons tackles Hurts in this highlight
94chem
PatAg said:

Jaylon would probably be still looking at the RB around the time Parsons tackles Hurts in this highlight

Saw Myles do that to Dak in college after biting hard on the fake. Difference was that Myles just engulfed both of them with his wingspan.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
DannyDuberstein
AG
That was also with Diggs taking a really bad angle that in theory should have lost containment which could have set up a huge play. But Parsons speed nullifies it
jr15aggie
AG
Remember when Parsons dominated the combine and we were all blown away but bummed cause no way that kind of talent would be there at 10.

Then the "draft experts" spent the next couple of months telling everybody not to believe the numbers and to ignore his game film...

Thanks draft experts!
PooDoo
AG
Parsons is lucky he didn't get flagged for riding him down out of bounds.
jr15aggie
AG
Been listening to a lot of Cowboys talk last couple days (I typically do after a win... not so much after a loss).

One talking point has been should Parsons play more/less DE (same thing we were discussing). Definitely guys on both sides, but lots of guys making excellent points that Parsons is a non factor on most of the snaps he's in at DE. Which is typical for the DE spot. Their point is he can impact a lot more plays as a LB.

The only real question... are those 4-5 impact plays at DE more valuable than say 8-10 impact plays he might have at LB?

I'm still in the camp that says QBs do not want to account for him at LB. He makes their ability to audible tough, they don't know where he's going once the ball is snapped, he gets into throwing lanes, he can spy anybody out of the backfield, etc. And at any given time he can drop down and rush from the inside or as a DE.
MookieBlaylock
AG
He had 1 game at LB and looked lost

2 games at DE and he has impacted games

So prob should play LB against the crap teams and get more experience
DannyDuberstein
AG
There is a reason DE's make massive $$$ and LB's don't. Those disruptive plays by DE's end drives. They cause possessions to change. They hide weaknesses at other positions.
PooDoo
AG

PooDoo
AG
98Ag99Grad
AG
He's playing great. And before he got hurt last year he was lighting it up too.
PooDoo
AG

Grapesoda2525
PooDoo said:

Ewww… Tom Brady 2007. I like Brady now and think he's the best QB of all time, but I really hated that arrogant and ******y 2007 pats team.
PatAg
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

He had 1 game at LB and looked lost

2 games at DE and he has impacted games

So prob should play LB against the crap teams and get more experience
lost? I don't think thats correct
DannyDuberstein
AG
He graded out well in week 1, so it actually serves as a great example of why I like him at DE. He graded out well in week 1, but ultimately, it didn't get the defesne off the field.
jr15aggie
AG
Week one against the champs and the best QB of all time and a freak TE. Not exactly a great time to evaluate your rookie.

To me it's very simple and it's cool if people still disagree...

He can impact more plays at LB

He has more impact against the run, mobile QBs, screen pass, etc as a LB

He can still drop down on any given play, put his hand on the ground, and rush inside or outside

He will be more effective as a rush DE when the offense doesn't know when to expect it
ramblin_ag02
AG
Just switch to a 3-4. Parsons is the perfect OLB in that system. He can rush the passer like a madman, stop the run and cover tight ends. He's good firing off at the snap or hanging back. The only reason we have to argue about DE/LB is that he can't do both in our 4-3
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PatAg
AG

Interesting food for thought
ramblin_ag02
AG
3-3-5 is better
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TyHolden
AG
RC ran the 1-10 when #1 UH and Heisman Ware came into town.

Shut the run-and-shoot down.
DannyDuberstein
AG
MaximusDMeridius said:

RC ran the 1-10 when #1 UH and Heisman Ware came into town.

Shut the run-and-shoot down.

It was an interesting 10 year evolution of cutting edge passing game vs adjusting to defend it. The 1-10 worked great at first vs cougar high, but then the Leach/Mangino spread at the end of the 90s torched it. I think the 99 game vs OU may have been the last we saw of it
STX Ag
AG
Who do them boys have coming back from injury this week. Anyone?

When is Gallup back?
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Holy crap! Watching this offense hum like it has I honestly forgot about Gallup being out. Wow. If we stay healthy this is going to be a fun year.
98Ag99Grad
AG
STX Ag said:

When is Gallup back?

Earliest he can come back is Oct 10.
STX Ag
AG
He is prob our best deep threat. So yeah, gonna go from hard to defend to nearly impossible.
jr15aggie
AG
STX Ag said:

When is Gallup back?
Essentially nobody is coming back from injury. Gallimore still a "couple" more weeks... Bossman is a "few" weeks.

Only guys we are possibly getting back are the Covid boys, but last I heard Neal wasn't clear yet.

Question I have, which guys will just inherit their starting job once they come back? Not so sure Dono takes the role away from Kearse. Gallimore will at least share snaps with Osa. Outside of Collins, Gallop, & Tank, these other guys are going to have to perform to reclaim their spots.
jr15aggie
AG
After watching the Aggies.... thank God Dak is our QB.

QB hell is the worst thing ever, I love you #4!
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
I was literally just thinking "at least the Cowboys are fun to watch again".

Still isn't quite the same though.
98Ag99Grad
AG
I loved the C-Hutch years!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.