********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

192,402 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

And Dak is dropping his eye level prematurely. Dude has the post-injury yips.
Its definitely a combo of injury and the OL just not being good anymore
NukeAg10
AG
With everything that's been said...

The defensive holding doesn't happen and the final play doesn't need to happen, if the offense doesn't **** the bed when they're 1st and 10 on the plus side of the field with 2:20ish left. They were hellbent on beating that 2 min warning, for some ****ing reason, and it resulted in a lamb drop (shocker). 2nd and 11 after the 2 min warning gives them time to settle down. That's on coaching and Dak.
Ag Natural
AG
PatAg said:

DannyDuberstein said:

And Dak is dropping his eye level prematurely. Dude has the post-injury yips.
Its definitely a combo of injury and the OL just not being good anymore

Yeah and we are especially weak inside at LG and Center. I hope they attempt to upgrade these two spots. Dak has guys in his face so much.
PatAg
AG
NukeAg10 said:

With everything that's been said...

The defensive holding doesn't happen and the final play doesn't need to happen, if the offense doesn't **** the bed when they're 1st and 10 on the plus side of the field with 2:20ish left. They were hellbent on beating that 2 min warning, for some ****ing reason, and it resulted in a lamb drop (shocker). 2nd and 11 after the 2 min warning gives them time to settle down. That's on coaching and Dak.
If they dont get a play off before the 2 minute warning, you are in here lighting them up for it
PatAg
AG
We legit just beat ourselves by playing poorly and with a lot of mistakes
The refs did suck, and they did call about 5 or so iffy penalties, but if we play an average game we win comfortably.
NukeAg10
AG
Negative. I wanted them to take it to the 2 min warning. I couldn't understand why they were so eager to get that play off.
PatAg
AG
NukeAg10 said:

Negative. I wanted them to take it to the 2 min warning. I couldn't understand why they were so eager to get that play off.
I agree, I think we needed to gather ourselves. That was the drive to win the game on with little time left.
NukeAg10
AG
They were rushing that play for no reason at all. At the time, I didn't want them to run bc they were rolling and I (hilariously) thought they were going to score too fast just to setup a different disappointing way to lose. Little did I know that they would just halt altogether.
zgolfz85
AG
Agreed, we had plenty of time. I did not understand that at all
Ag12thman
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Unfortunately , Pollard is likely gone and we are stuck with Zeke. Collins has not been the same since his hip injury. Tyron is broken down a ton. Williams is completely overwhelmed and led the league in penalties in spite of being benched for a month
What happens if we let go of Elliott? I'm not real knowledgeable about how salaries work in the NFL. I know he's making way too much money for his production level. He was really average to bad this season.
DannyDuberstein
AG
His 2022 salary became guaranteed last March. They are gonna be paying him anyway next year. The opportunity to dump him is after next year. Very manageable cap hit then. Basically impossible and impractical for 2022 tho
zgolfz85
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

His 2022 salary became guaranteed last March. They are gonna be paying him anyway next year. The opportunity to dump him is after next year. Very manageable cap hit then. Basically impossible and impractical for 2022 tho

I think he deserves another year anyway, assuming we can keep pollard. He is one of the better rb blockers in the league and I'm hoping part of the fall off this season was the nagging injuries he's had
DannyDuberstein
AG
Pollard is probably gone. UFA and he has a burst that should get him a decent offer. Gonna have to replace him with a rookie type salary. They are going to be looking for another Pollard on the 4th or so

Correction - i jumped a year ahead on Pollard. Backfield will be status quo
Ag12thman
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Thanks. Not good. I know he was banged up toward the end of the year, but he is NOT producing at the level Dallas needs him to.
Ag Natural
AG
Why would Pollard be gone? Doesn't he have one year left on his rookie deal?
Macarthur
Ag Natural said:

His deal is up and he will be gone.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Does anyone here think Mac has any chance of beating a Shanahan or McVay?
JAggie2007
AG
Macarthur said:

Ag Natural said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/tony-pollard-29176/

This says he still has one year left.
TyHolden
AG
We shoulda grabbed Watt before Taco...
Unemployed
AG
zgolfz85 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

I think he deserves another year anyway, assuming we can keep pollard. He is one of the better rb blockers in the league and I'm hoping part of the fall off this season was the nagging injuries he's had
Zeke doesn't deserve sht. He's getting paid top dollar for bottom tier performance.
Ag Natural
AG
TyHolden said:

Ironically Pitt has both now.
Macarthur
JAggie2007 said:

Macarthur said:

Ag Natural said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/tony-pollard-29176/

This says he still has one year left.
My bad. That's at least some good news.
Macarthur
Question for Right now….

Do you fire MM and hire Quinn? I think I say yes.
wangus12
AG
TyHolden said:

We only go have 3 guys on the team with Watt, Dak and Zeke contracts
zgolfz85
AG
RealTalk said:

zgolfz85 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Zeke doesn't deserve sht. He's getting paid top dollar for bottom tier performance.

Not meaning it that way and agreed. I just think he can be a serviceable back, especially if healthier next year until we wait for his cap hit to fall off the following season
DannyDuberstein
AG
Macarthur said:

Question for Right now….

Do you fire MM and hire Quinn? I think I say yes.

I would. Jerry won't. I don't care about the Atlanta SB collapse. Guys play for this dude and his defensive scheme is excellent
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I am a die hard San Francisco 49ers fan. It was awesome to watch the No. 6 San Francisco 49ers upset the No. 3 Dallas Cowboys 23-17 on the road in the NFC Wild Card Playoff game. After the 49ers took a 23-7 lead with 5:50 left in the 3rd quarter, the Cowboys scored 10 unanswered points to cut the deficit to 23-17 with 8:02 left. But the 49ers survived a Cowboys comeback to seal a road playoff win. The 49ers kept their quest for a 6th Super Bowl title alive and ended the Cowboys' pursuit of a 6th Super Bowl title. The 49ers will travel to face a well-rested Green Bay Packers team at Lambeau Field in the NFC Divisional round.

zgolfz85
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

It was awesome to watch the No. 6 San Francisco 49ers upset the No. 3 Dallas Cowboys 23-17 on the road in the NFC Wild Card Playoff game. After the 49ers took a 23-7 lead with 5:50 left in the 3rd quarter, the Cowboys scored 10 unanswered points to cut the deficit to 23-17 with 8:02 left. But the 49ers survived a Cowboys comeback to seal a road playoff win. The 49ers kept their quest for a 6th Super Bowl title alive ended the Cowboys' pursuit of a 6th Super Bowl title. The 49ers will travel to face a well-rested Green Bay Packers team at Lambeau Field in the NFC Divisional round.

dafuq
DannyDuberstein
AG
Hazmat uniform
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
TyHolden said:

But but but we don't play a scheme that allows for Watt to have a position!!

Yet more asinine thinking from Cowboys org.

You FIND a position for someone like TJ Watt
DannyDuberstein
AG
There is no scheme that cannot accommodate a 6'4" 255 lb edge rusher
Hubert J. Farnsworth
The Randy Gregory penalty was so ironic. Here is a guy that the Cowboys have never been able to rely on. They stuck with him though and in the biggest moment he commits a stupid penalty.
Ag12thman
AG
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

The Randy Gregory penalty was so ironic. Here is a guy that the Cowboys have never been able to rely on. They stuck with him though and in the biggest moment he commits a stupid penalty.
They need to get rid of Gregory. He's been nothing but a continual problem and it's clear that he just can't be relied on.
TheCougarHunter
AG
What about the Neville Gallimore penalty on 3rd down 3 plays before that

The whole team played dumb. You have a dumb coach you get dumb players.
NukeAg10
AG
zgolfz85 said:

RealTalk said:

zgolfz85 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Not meaning it that way and agreed. I just think he can be a serviceable back, especially if healthier next year until we wait for his cap hit to fall off the following season

He looked really good to start the year, then he got hurt against Carolina. Before that, they were using pollard and Zeke perfectly.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.