********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

186,630 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
Macarthur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Time to get this thing going!
aggieactor01
MookieBlaylock
AG
Record prediction

First Place

toucan82
13-4
Macarthur
12-5
gigem1223
11-6
PooDoo
AG
Opening presser
Txhuntr
AG
10-7. Win division. Win 1st round playoff game. Give me the kool aid
gigem1223
Jerry was gold in that press conference
dave94
AG
gigem1223 said:

Jerry was gold in that press conference
They're about to breakdown some audio on the HangZone.
Vince Blake
Hard to believe we will have some form of Dallas Cowboys football in 2 weeks. I really want to see what the rookie cornerbacks have to offer.

This is from the presser yesterday. Is it me or does Mike McCarthy look like a guy who is about to direct a skin flick
jr15aggie
AG
Prediction is the same as every year.... This is our year baby, Super Bowl!!!!!!
jr15aggie
AG

D-Law just disclosed he had another off-season back surgery and will start training camp on PUP. Not to worry fellas, it was just cleaning stuff up... more precautionary really...shouldn't be out long! Sure, we believe you.

Go ahead and add Amari Cooper and his ankle surgery to the start of camp PUP list as well.
Macarthur
Nahshon Wright showing out on his first day w 3 PBU and almost an INT.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Sounds like QB play was awful
jr15aggie
AG
Macarthur said:

Nahshon Wright showing out on his first day w 3 PBU and almost an INT.

It's been very limited obviously, but he's apparently been a baller since day one of rookie camp and it's been consistent through mini camp, and now day one of training camp.

Long way to go, but right now it looks like pretty much everybody on draft night missed the evaluation on this guy. Most scouts had him 6th/7th round or UFA.

Complements given on Joseph as well and Diggs looks like a guy ready to be the teams #1 CB. The safeties on the other hand....
PooDoo
AG
jr15aggie
AG
What's amazing is that Tyron looked like that coming out of college. Cowboys were extremely lucky that the 2011 draft was loaded with top talent, because in pretty much any other year he would have been a top 3 pick easy!

Here's hoping what he's saying about his back/surgery is accurate. When healthy he's a HOF OT.
gigem1223
Malik Hooker expected to sign! Game changer if healthy.

https://nfltraderumors.co/cowboys-hosting-s-malik-hooker-for-another-visit/
Macarthur
Man, that would be a very nice addition.
gigem1223
Agreed with the addition of Hooker, Dallas suddenly has some depth in the secondary.. Lacking the good- great players of course but hopefully Diggs can make the 2nd year leap and be that, or they hit on Joseph/ Wright. Also Interested to see how Robinson does now that he's moved back to corner and hopefully Dono can continue to grow into that ballhawk we need.
TyHolden
AG
jerrah pays $$$$$$$$$ for hookers
MookieBlaylock
AG
MaximusDMeridius said:

jerrah pays $$$$$$$$$ for hookers

Cal pays for air humping massages
PooDoo
AG
Watch the hustle from #9...

PooDoo
AG
jr15aggie
AG
Was watching some 7 on 7 video from Cowboys Youtube page... could see Zeke in the background, dude looks very slender like his rookie year. Hopefully it translates to rookie year ability!

On the LB front, the current non padded practice info is that Parsons never comes off the field. Sounds like Jaylon is the guy in no man's land at the moment and Neal hasn't exactly picked up LB. Right now it looks like LVE and Parsons are your guys and the others will fill in as needed. It's way early, but already feeling like this is Jaylon's last year here.
PatAg
AG
PooDoo said:

Watch the hustle from #9...

I dont even know if its lack of hustle I dislike more, or that he is basically waddling when he turns. Not great

Looked like the safety cheated up to play the pass into the flat and Dak/Zeke abused it.
jr15aggie
AG
Throughout last year it was said more than once by different guys on the various Cowboy talk shows... he cannot change direction. I was thinking the exact same thing watching that video.

I'm in my 40's and haven't played ball in 2 decades, but my change of direction is better than that.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
He legitimately looks like a high school backup (and a bad one at that) in that clip.

Yikes.
jr15aggie
AG
Back on the good news... all of this is of course non padded practices so TBD as always:

Randy Gregory: Some guys predicted he'd be an All Pro this year and so far he's holding up to the hype. Been a terror getting to the QB as well as blowing up running plays. Is this the year we finally get the payoff for what has been, up to this point, a wasted 2nd round pick?

Parsons: Wasn't much to say about him in mini camps outside of his obvious athleticism. But they talkers & writers are now having to contain their excitement, trying to not get ahead of themselves just yet. But he's doing everything. Playing LB and dropping down as a DE. He carried Lamb into the end zone on a fly route. He's getting to practice early to work with the coaches... he's staying late getting pass rush training via extra work with Tyron Smith. So far he's everything you want out of a top draft pick.
cman1494
AG
Love that! I really hope he can be a designated pass rusher on some third downs as well - maybe good for like 5-7 sacks in a season.
jr15aggie
AG
Reports are that while there are still protocols to pass, the Malik Hooker deal is done. He is a Cowboy. Probably a good thing because from what I hear from multiple sources is our safeties are a mess right now.

Lot of positives and good vibes all around, but not safety. We needed help and hopefully he's healthy and can bring it!
PooDoo
AG
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CR2AFe_nRtB/
TyHolden
AG
PooDoo said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CR2AFe_nRtB/
that dude in purple should have stopped him....real cowboy fans have died. i once let emmitt run over me at st ed's so he wouldn't hit the wall.
PatAg
AG
Difference between being hurt and just not playing through pain this early in preseason.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.