********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

192,403 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
CoppellAg93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NukeAg10 said:

A perfect recap of last night's game !!
jr15aggie
AG
Anybody know why Gallimore didn't play? He was really disrupting after returning from injury... hoping it was just something temporary like Covid.
NukeAg10
AG
jr15aggie said:

Anybody know why Gallimore didn't play? He was really disrupting after returning from injury... hoping it was just something temporary like Covid.

He was suited up. I only know bc I saw him in the post game credits talking to a fan, so no idea.
Macarthur
jr15aggie said:

He played. He had 30 snaps
Macarthur
Wait that was 2 weeks ago.

He did play though
jr15aggie
AG
Ah OK. I figured he would have been starting and then I didn't notice him on the field... he was so noticeable/disruptive last couple games I just figured he was out.

But it's hard to stand out with that D-line... friggin everybody was getting push and everybody was getting pressure... friggin Heinicke got sacked by 3-4 guys towards the end there.
jr15aggie
AG
Zeke said something interesting is his post game presser. They asked him what he felt was the biggest key to finding their offense again? He said tempo. He said it took all the thinking out... they could just go out and execute, line up again and keep it going.

I don't think any of us can argue that... we've been saying it for weeks now. If this offense can just get into a up-beat tempo there really isn't a defense in the league that can consistently stop us.
ChemAg15
AG
Offense and defense both clicking late in the season. If this team is peaking at the right time, this could be a season to remember.
Grapesoda2525
Im starting to wonder. Is there still a huge drop off from 5th seed down to 7th seed in the NFC?

The cardinals are the likely 5th seed at the moment, but Philadelphia is hot and San Francisco looks decent.

If we crush the cardinals this week, we could end up with a tougher matchup against Philly or SF.
Mateo84
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Im starting to wonder. Is there still a huge drop off from 5th seed down to 7th seed in the NFC?

The cardinals are the likely 5th seed at the moment, but Philadelphia is hot and San Francisco looks decent.

If we crush the cardinals this week, we could end up with a tougher matchup against Philly or SF.

Just keep winning. Can't worry about who the potential matchup would be. Still a realistic shot at the #1 seed. And if you get #2 seed and the Pack lose in the divisional round, the Cowboys could still be hosting the NFC Championship game.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Garapola and Hurts are exactly the QB's you want to see in the playoffs. Garapola is hurt anyway and Lance may have to start. We should hope Dallas faces one of them in round 1.
jteagle
AG
I know that home field advantage would be huge for Dallas but the bottom line is that you are going to have to beat good teams no matter what seed you are. I truly believe Dallas can beat anybody when they are on their game.
jr15aggie
AG
Right now our defense is good enough to win a championship. And I don't mean good enough to complement our offense... I mean our defense is good enough to go out there and take the trophy regardless of our offense.

We are getting QB pressure at least 75% of the time and we take the ball away like the other team stole it. The exact recipe we used to destroy the Bills in SB XXVII.
Ag12thman
AG
In the playoffs especially, any team can beat any other team. We've seen that over and over again in the past. A prime example of this is the 2007 New England Patriots (undefeated and huge Super Bowl favorites and lost to the 10-6 New York Giants). It will take some luck (things going our way) in addition to playing very well to even get to, let alone win, the Super Bowl. This team can definitely do it, but there have been several Dallas teams (see the 2016 team that only had 3 regular season losses) that could have and did not. They haven't been able to perform in the Playoffs since 1995. Long way to go yet for this team. Hopefully it will be able to overcome the many playoff struggles it has had for the past 25 years.
Macarthur
jr15aggie said:

Right now our defense is good enough to win a championship. And I don't mean good enough to complement our offense... I mean our defense is good enough to go out there and take the trophy regardless of our offense.

We are getting QB pressure at least 75% of the time and we take the ball away like the other team stole it. The exact recipe we used to destroy the Bills in SB XXVII.

I don't watch all the games each Sunday but I do watch more than just Dallas, and I don't think I've seen another defense all year long playing as fast and disruptive as the Dallas D the last few weeks. They are peaking at the right time, for sure.
PooDoo
AG

98Ag99Grad
AG
#Parsonsproblem I like that one.
jr15aggie
AG
Still blown away (and thankful) at all the draft experts in the media and sitting in GM/Scout offices worked so hard to convince everybody that you shouldn't trust the tape or measurable on Parsons.

Unreal... it was all right there in plain sight. He was going to be a monster but they refused to believe it.
ChemAg15
AG
Parsons is the sleeper car that looks like a regular Honda but beats all the other street cars. He's stronger than he looks. He's faster than he looks. His instincts are great. This guy needs to be a cowboy for the next decade.
Agristotle
AG
Some were afraid of his ego and need for the camera. I read a predraft piece that said they were worried about all the nightlife and "distractions" if he went to a place like New York. Funny, because he appears to be a disciplined, hard working young man.
Grapesoda2525
ChemAg15 said:

Parsons is the sleeper car that looks like a regular Honda but beats all the other street cars. He's stronger than he looks. He's faster than he looks. His instincts are great. This guy needs to be a cowboy for the next decade.
One thing the cowboys do even while the team sucked when jerrah ran the show and made all roster decisions like bringing in drew Henson over tom Brady is take care of their stars. He isn't going anywhere. The real concern is can he stay healthy for the next 10-15 years.
Grapesoda2525
Bad news folks.

Jacksonville requesting interviews with both kellen Moore and Dan Quinn. The urban Meyer **** show could come back to bite us.
jr15aggie
AG
My comment on Quinn is we have the richest football team in the entire world and there isn't a salary cap on coaches. Pay him whatever he wants! And if that puts him too close to McCarthy $ for comfort, then give him a raise too. You do not let Quinn go unless he is just hell bent on being a HC again.

Kellen is at a much different place in his career... very likely the goal he's working towards is being a HC. My opinion is that he isn't ready and should stay with his franchise QB for another year or two, but it won't be shocking if we aren't able to keep him around.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Can we send them McCarthy and keep Quinn? We'll send them cash considerations too?
Ag12thman
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Can we send them McCarthy and keep Quinn? We'll send them cash considerations too?
Yep - Quinn is more important than McCarthy, IMO. Guy could easily be a head man again and a successful one.
ac04
jr15aggie
AG
The fact that CB is on that list is amazing. DE/LB/CB hybrid... unreal!
Ag Natural
AG
The lack of respect for Mccarthy continues to astound me.

DannyDuberstein
AG
I don't think he's a bad coach. My opinion is more that I think super highly of Quinn. Talk about a guy that has made an impact
gigem1223
DannyDuberstein said:

I don't think he's a bad coach. My opinion is more that I think super highly of Quinn. Talk about a guy that has made an impact

I think Quinn has proven that he's a great defensive coordinator and so-so head coach. Not sure what he's done in his career to make you think he's a better HC than McCarthy.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Ag Natural said:

The lack of respect for Mccarthy continues to astound me.

I've been critical of him since he was hired. I'll give him credit for making the changes he did to the staff which have been homeruns so far. But I continue having a hard time seeing his actual impact. Quinn is the D; pretty much assumed Moore is the O. I don't think he's a good game manager and his 4th down tries are inconsistent and sometimes baffling. Just my .02
NukeAg10
AG
gigem1223 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

I think Quinn has proven that he's a great defensive coordinator and so-so head coach. Not sure what he's done in his career to make you think he's a better HC than McCarthy.

This is where I stand. McCarthy has a Superbowl, Quinn has the biggest meltdown in Superbowl history. Quinn has proven to be an amazing DC, but McCarthy has proven to be a great head coach. I'm all for Jerry making Quinn the highest paid DC in the league.
Ag Natural
AG
Quinn has some great defenses on his resume and he's doing great this year. But he is benefiting from the historically bad job done last year and a pretty incredible improvement of the roster.

Look, its a team effort. Nobody wants to give Stephen and FO any credit ever either. What impact does Mccarthy have? Well he's involved in everything as most HCs are.
BenFiasco14
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Bad news folks.

Jacksonville requesting interviews with both kellen Moore and Dan Quinn. The urban Meyer **** show could come back to bite us.

That sucks. But Jacksonville might as well be a radioactive program right now. We'll see what happens.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
DannyDuberstein
AG
McCarthy was the reason Nolan was hired. That abysmal decision is a big reason why I am not enamored with McCarthy. I credit Stephen and Jerry for breaking out the checkbook to fix McCarthy's ****up. They handed him his offense and then the defense too. Does McCarthy suck? No. I think he's a tough guy that relates to players well. Just not in love with his judgment a lot

Parsons was a great add. Most everyone else was here. Quinn did not have DLaw available most of this year. I credit Quinn for how creatively he's used Parsons

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.