********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

192,409 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
PooDoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If the Raiders win their late game (vs Denver) the Cowboys clinch the division before SNF kicks off.
medwriter
PooDoo said:

If the Raiders win their late game (vs Denver) the Cowboys clinch the division before SNF kicks off.
They're barely ahead. Go Raiders! I really think the Cowboys can go deep into the playoffs. They have the talent, they just need to be healthy and gel. They CAN do it.

Come on Cowboys. These are all essentially playoff games.
jr15aggie
AG
With the way their defense is playing and, more importantly, taking the ball away, they can win the whole dang thing.
medwriter
jr15aggie said:

With the way their defense is playing and, more importantly, taking the ball away, they can win the whole dang thing.
Defenses win championships. I don't care if you have a Tom Brady or whatnot, good defenses win championships.
medwriter
gigem1223 said:

Browns HC should be fired. They don't pass the ball, they win.
Run Chubbs is all they had to do. Unbelievable.
Unemployed
AG
Cowboys just clinched the division by virtue of the Raiders beating the Broncos.
Goldie Wilson
RealTalk said:

Cowboys just clinched the division by virtue of the Raiders beating the Broncos.
Whats the math behind that?
NukeAg10
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

RealTalk said:

Whats the math behind that?

All that was mentioned on RedZone was that it is a strength of schedule tie breaker.
NukeAg10
AG
So now if the cowboys, Rams, and bucs win out, or all match each other the rest of the way, then the cowboys will be the 2 seed due to NFC record.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Al Michaels got a new can of spray on hair for Christmas
jr15aggie
AG
Holy crap that was insane!
DannyDuberstein
AG
Crazy return. Heinicke with the business decision tackle attempt. This aint the Premier League, son
Infection_Ag11
AG
NukeAg10 said:

So now if the cowboys, Rams, and bucs win out, or all match each other the rest of the way, then the cowboys will be the 2 seed due to NFC record.

It's going to really suck if the only thing keeping us from the one seed was a Lamar Jackson injury and 4 Baker Mayfield INTS.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
NukeAg10
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

NukeAg10 said:

It's going to really suck if the only thing keeping us from the one seed was a Lamar Jackson injury and 4 Baker Mayfield INTS.

That, and a crappy loss to the raiders.
jr15aggie
AG
Watching how this game was officiated... thinking back to that Raiders game, so infuriating.
Grapesoda2525
Infection_Ag11 said:

NukeAg10 said:

I kinda don't want the one seed. I want the team to keep playing. They are pretty sharp right now.

The last 2 times we got the #1 seed we were "rewarded" with terrible matchups and a fast playoff exit. A giants team who went on to win the super bowl and a Green Bay Aaron Rodgers team who usually gets the #1 seed in the NFC most years.

Anything but #4 is good with me.

jtstanley4621
AG
Undeniably impressive win, but it should be noted that this Washington team is absolutely terrible. Hopefully a good building block for a stretch run
MookieBlaylock
AG
WTF is not a terrible team
You must not watch the NFL
NukeAg10
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Undeniably impressive win, but it should be noted that this Washington team is absolutely terrible. Hopefully a good building block for a stretch run

And an awful Texans team whipped the chargers. It's the NFL, so a win like this isn't ever common. I do hope this will be what the offense needed to roll into January.
Macarthur
Dak's home splits are amazing this year. All the more reason to go all out the next two games so we play at home as long as possible.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

NukeAg10 said:

I kinda don't want the one seed. I want the team to keep playing. They are pretty sharp right now.

The last 2 times we got the #1 seed we were "rewarded" with terrible matchups and a fast playoff exit. A giants team who went on to win the super bowl and a Green Bay Aaron Rodgers team who usually gets the #1 seed in the NFC most years.

Anything but #4 is good with me.

The difference between the 2 seed and the 3/4 is massive this year. The 2 seed means we'll probably face Philly, Minnesota or NO whereas then 3 or 4 seed means probably either LA, Arizona or SF. Those first 3 teams are cannon fodder, the latter three could all legitimately win the NFC.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
NukeAg10
AG
Damn, Romo had some terrible luck man.
Infection_Ag11
AG
He played with some TERRIBLE defenses. That 2013 team would have won 12-13 games with even an average defense.
NukeAg10
AG
Oh, I know. I guess it shouldn't have shocked me as much as it did, but damn. Easiest example is when threw for like 500 yards and 4 tds against the Peyton Manning left broncos, and people blamed him for the loss bc of a late pick, despite the defense giving up 52(?) points.

Nevermind, I found it.
NukeAg10
AG
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I am a San Francisco 49ers fan, but congratulations to the Dallas Cowboys for their dominating 56-14 win over the Washington Football team. I have the Cowboys defense on my fantasy and they got me 22 points in my semifinal playoff game. My team won 160.88 to 90.70. Assuming the Green Bay Packers win their last two games against the Minnesota Vikings and the Detroit Lions, the Cowboys will probably finish with the No. 2 seed.

The Dallas Cowboys vs Philadelphia Eagles game could have playoff implications for both teams. If Philadelphia defeats Washington and Dallas defeats Arizona, both teams will carry 4+ game winning streaks into Week 18. Dallas would have a 5-game winning streak, and Philadelphia would have a 4-game winning streak.

San Francisco, Philadelphia and New Orleans are competing for the last 2 wildcard playoff spots. If New Orleans beats Miami tomorrow night, all 3 teams would be 8-7. I really hope a 3-way tie between these 3 teams does not happen because that would knock San Francisco out due to an lower conference record. Even if the 49ers win out, they would still miss the playoffs if both Philadelphia and New Orleans win out.
gigem1223
Dallas now has scored the most points, #2 scoring defense and largest point differential in the NFC.
toucan82
I wouldnt want to play the 49ers in the playoffs

And congrats on your fantasy win
Grapesoda2525
The radio guys I listen to seem to think the team will find a way to keep Gregory. Do you guys believe it?

This 3 star defensive pass rushing attack needs to last more than 1 year for sure.

Do we keep pollard? How long is his contract?
jr15aggie
AG
I've heard the same thing all year... they will keep Randy. And based on what we are seeing right now that is a very good thing!

On the flip side you can expect to lose Gallop and Schultz. But those guys are much easier to replace than a really good DE.
Muy
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

He played with some TERRIBLE defenses. That 2013 team would have won 12-13 games with even an average defense.

Exactly. Dak doesn't have to be great like last night, with this defense he just has to be really good to win the Super Bowl.
Macarthur
K. Joseph got a lot of snaps last night and looked good. That's really encouraging.
Goldie Wilson
For playoff seeding, is the tie-breaker head-to-head then conference record?
MECH Abe
AG
Yes. Dallas has the tie-breaker in all three-team tie scenarios and every two-team tie scenario except with Tampa Bay (assuming they win out).
NukeAg10
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

For playoff seeding, is the tie-breaker head-to-head then conference record?

Yes.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.