********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

192,414 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
NukeAg10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gigem1223 said:

Yep. Hopefully they can pull it off. Sure would've been nice if Buffalo could've pulled it off in Tampa today.

If Chicago can pull it off, and maybe the Rams beat the Cardinals tomorrow, then the cowboys have 4 games to still try for that 1 seed. Anything but the 4 is good with me though.
gigem1223
NukeAg10 said:

gigem1223 said:

Yep. Hopefully they can pull it off. Sure would've been nice if Buffalo could've pulled it off in Tampa today.

If Chicago can pull it off, and maybe the Rams beat the Cardinals tomorrow, then the cowboys have 4 games to still try for that 1 seed. Anything but the 4 is good with me though.

Cards are due for a stinker (wishful thinking)
DannyDuberstein
AG
A Packers loss helps but the Bears will choke it away. Always do
NukeAg10
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

A Packers loss helps but the Bears will choke it away. Always do

Not wrong.
PooDoo
AG
Warner is trying to pretend to be the QB coach and break down last weeks game. Gives some good insight on Dak & the scheme.

gigem1223
So interesting that LVE was PFF's highest rated cowboys yesterday. Definitely a flawed system but hopefully he can continue to play well.
Ag Natural
AG
gigem1223 said:

So interesting that LVE was PFF's highest rated cowboys yesterday. Definitely a flawed system but hopefully he can continue to play well.
I thought I noticed LVE making more plays than usual yesterday.
AgBQ-00
AG
He was in on a ton of plays yesterday. I noticed it too. With Football Team being a run oriented team it was nice to see him making those plays.
Macarthur
I don't think it's unrelated that LVE had a better game with Gallimore back. That DL rotation with Parsons thrown in there is looking pretty nasty.
PatAg
AG
Saw that Tyron is going to be out again
NukeAg10
AG
If the Rams hold on then the cowboys are in the hunt for the 1 seed, definitely higher than the 4, despite the offense being frustrating the past few weeks. Weak schedule the rest of the way, Cardinals week 17. That raiders loss really sucks, though.
Grapesoda2525
With 3 AFC losses the cowboys should be good with tie breakers unless we end up in a 2 way tie with TB.
TyHolden
AG
Just win out now
jteagle
AG
It will be an interesting finish to the season. 3 games against NFC East teams and one against the Cardinals. Of the 10-3 teams, the Cardinals seem the most vulnerable, They are obviously talented but their lack of experience compared to the Packers and the Bucs is huge, If the Dallas defense can continue playing at a high level, we can beat anybody.
Grapesoda2525
I just want to avoid the #4 seed dang it.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Everyone not named Brady is doomed in the NFC.

Playoffs and nfc championship are likely rolling through Lambeau, a place where Cowboy teams go to die.
Ag12thman
AG
ChoppinDs40 said:

Everyone not named Brady is doomed in the NFC.

Playoffs and nfc championship are likely rolling through Lambeau, a place where Cowboy teams go to die.

I agree. Green Bay might be the most compete team this year. Their D is legit, unlike in other seasons. Rodgers is throwing with pinpoint accuracy without practice as well.
jr15aggie
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

I just want to avoid the #4 seed dang it.

I want whatever seed has us avoiding GB (assuming we make it to round 2). I YIELD, MERCY, WHATEVER YOU CALL IT, DO NOT WANT TO PLAY ROGERS EVER AGAIN!!!
jr15aggie
AG
Giants without Jones again this week. Poor back-ups having to face off against our fully healthy D-line. T&P!

Good week for Dak to get his **** together too!
Southlake
If we wind up the 4th seed will we play the top seeded WC team at home?

Don't want to play the Rams. Looks like they are waking up; OBJ looked good last night.

Wisconsin_Ag
Southlake said:

If we wind up the 4th seed will we play the top seeded WC team at home?

Don't want to play the Rams. Looks like they are waking up; OBJ looked good last night.

Right, I agree. You don't want to play the Rams. You want to play the Packers at Lambeau Field in January.

jr15aggie
AG
To be fair... there are 5 teams in the NFC (Dallas included) that have, at times, looked exactly like a team you do NOT want to face in the playoffs.

If we stay healthy and our offense figures it out again come playoff time, good luck against us!
All I do is Nguyen
Ag Natural said:

gigem1223 said:

I thought I noticed LVE making more plays than usual yesterday.
This is what happens when LVE has a good DT that keeps lineman off of him and he can make plays in space.
All I do is Nguyen
Dak needs to go back to game manager Dak who runs once in a while. Defenses seem to have figured out that Dak isn't going to run so they don't fear it. Dak needs to take what the defense give him. He kind of did that one the TD drive but the rest of the game he was just off. Whether it's his mechanics, or footwork, or whatever he needs to go back to the very basic of basics.
Proposition Joe
NukeAg10 said:

If the Rams hold on then the cowboys are in the hunt for the 1 seed, definitely higher than the 4, despite the offense being frustrating the past few weeks. Weak schedule the rest of the way, Cardinals week 17. That raiders loss really sucks, though.

For a legit shot at 1 seed we really needed Buffalo to have pulled the upset Sunday night.

I don't see Tampa losing 1 more out of Jets/Panthers/Panthers/Saints.
jr15aggie
AG
Our best shot at the 1 seed is to win out and have GB & Tampa both with 4 losses. In that scenario, it goes to tie breakers and we win because we only have 1 NFC loss and the others have multiple (no head to head tie breaker because GB didn't play us or Tampa).

But yeah, I'm thinking TB or GB will win out and our 4 losses will be one too many. And if we can't get our offense back on track we're going to drop at least 1 more game before the playoffs start.
gigem1223
So football outsiders, who generally are pretty reliable when it comes to betting, have the cowboys at a 39% chance of reaching the NFC championship game and a 20% chance at the super bowl. Those are pretty good odds.
Proposition Joe
The 39% odds is basically reflecting our chances with assumption we get the 3 seed or better.

2 or 3 seed and we're likely ~ 11pt favorites in the wildcard round at home (vs WAS/SF/MIN/PHI).

In the divisional round if we're 3 seed, we'll be around 3 point dogs, if we're 2 seed we'll be around 3 point favorites.

Calculates out to around 39%.
PatAg
AG
jr15aggie said:

Our best shot at the 1 seed is to win out and have GB & Tampa both with 4 losses. In that scenario, it goes to tie breakers and we win because we only have 1 NFC loss and the others have multiple (no head to head tie breaker because GB didn't play us or Tampa).

But yeah, I'm thinking TB or GB will win out and our 4 losses will be one too many. And if we can't get our offense back on track we're going to drop at least 1 more game before the playoffs start.
I would think its more likely no team wins out from this point, including us.
Ag12thman
AG
Agree - highly unlikely that any team wins out.
Ag Natural
AG
So we could have 12 wins and be a 4 seed
Southlake
Proposition Joe said:

The 39% odds is basically reflecting our chances with assumption we get the 3 seed or better.

2 or 3 seed and we're likely ~ 11pt favorites in the wildcard round at home (vs WAS/SF/MIN/PHI).

In the divisional round if we're 3 seed, we'll be around 3 point dogs, if we're 2 seed we'll be around 3 point favorites.

Cards win the west puts LA in the top WC spot, no?

Dont want to play SF or Minn.

Wash or Phi shouldn't be a problem, but if everyone wins out, it looks like LA, even if we beat the Cards
Grapesoda2525
Southlake said:

Proposition Joe said:

Cards win the west puts LA in the top WC spot, no?

Dont want to play SF or Minn.

Wash or Phi shouldn't be a problem, but if everyone wins out, it looks like LA, even if we beat the Cards
I thought since the rams beat Arizona it made it to where if we win out, we would at least avoid being #4.
Daveintx
Not a fan of not only playing a team a third time, but having to beat them a third time too.... Doable, yes, but not easy
NukeAg10
AG
Last time they did that was the eagles in 09 and it worked out pretty well.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.