********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

192,415 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Man, cry me a freaking river LVE.

(Edit to add: Click the link to read what he said. Sure he can be unhappy about it, but he goes off on a rant about playing professional football).
BenFiasco14
AG
ChemAg15 said:

https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/1445849645536591873?t=ZTB0lLQQIV8pQziMHOiWfw&s=19

LVE not happy Smith is gone since that now makes him the worst defender on the field.

What a cry baby. You're a pro athlete who plays on national tv every week and make millions. You're under more scrutiny than Joe Blow in his cubicle crunching numbers.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
DannyDuberstein
AG
These guys can also make a lifetime of earnings in a short window. The dude has pulled in $31 million in 6 years. Boohoo that he now has to move during that window
jr15aggie
AG
Any sane person fully understands how this effects them and their families, but you can't go on a rant about it to people who will work their entire life and never earn what you will in 1 year.

It's no different than a CEO complaining to his gardener about how stressful his day job is while floating in the pool behind his mansion.
Ag Natural
AG
LVE seemed very uncomfortable on HardKnocks. It almost like he enjoyed being the young up and coming player even though he was on a terrible defense. Now Parsons and some other newcomers have changed the whole dynamic.

Dallas has been a country club for a long time not really holding high paid players to high standards. That seems to be changing and most fans like it.
ChemAg15
AG
LVE knows he's next.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, LVE has already been through it in a way after they declined his 5th year option this past offseason. He knows another location is likely on his near future
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

ChemAg15 said:

https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/1445849645536591873?t=ZTB0lLQQIV8pQziMHOiWfw&s=19

LVE not happy Smith is gone since that now makes him the worst defender on the field.

What a cry baby. You're a pro athlete who plays on national tv every week and make millions. You're under more scrutiny than Joe Blow in his cubicle crunching numbers.

Yeah...we moved a lot as a kid, on pretty short notice, for my dad's job and he didn't make a fraction of what these guys do.

Suck my balls, LVE.
Ag Natural
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

BenFiasco14 said:

ChemAg15 said:

Yeah...we moved a lot as a kid, on pretty short notice, for my dad's job and he didn't make a fraction of what these guys do.

Suck my balls, LVE.
No kidding. I know pro athletes on balance work their tales off. But they are in the rare profession that handsomely rewards that sacrifice.
Macarthur
Ag Natural said:

BenFiasco14 said:

ChemAg15 said:

Suck my balls, LVE.
No kidding. I know pro athletes on balance work their tales off. But they are in the rare profession that handsomely rewards that sacrifice.

I suppose but most guys in the NFL don't really make that much money, and just very small % make Jaylon type of money.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Macarthur said:

Ag Natural said:

BenFiasco14 said:

ChemAg15 said:

Suck my balls, LVE.

I suppose but most guys in the NFL don't really make that much money, and just very small % make Jaylon type of money.

Even league minimum guys make a ****load more than Joe Blow.
IrishAg

Macarthur said:

Ag Natural said:

BenFiasco14 said:

ChemAg15 said:

Suck my balls, LVE.

No lie, if you make a roster the league minimum is $660k per year
Ag Natural
AG
A lot of Seattle based pundits openly questioning the Jamal Adam's acquisition now. He's not really a good safety. Only 2 ints in his career. He's more of a linebacker.

I never wanted the Cowboys to trade for him mainly because I hate players who whine their way off of teams. I know we would have regretted it.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Ag Natural said:

I never wanted the Cowboys to trade for him mainly because I hate players who whine their way off of teams. I know we would have regretted it.

That type of player used to be squarely in Jerry's wheelhouse. I still can't believe he passed but I'm with you...I'm glad he did.
Ag Natural
AG

Ag Natural said:

That type of player used to be squarely in Jerry's wheelhouse. I still can't believe he passed but I'm with you...I'm glad he did.

And oh BTW, he's getting abused tonight. Having no impact all season so far.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Trading multiple first rounders for basically anyone that doesn't play QB is just pure dumbassery. If it's not an MVP level edge guy who is young enough to remain at that level for 5-6 years, you are mostly just undermining the more affordable talent you are going to need on your team for the next 5-6 years
Danny Vermin
Joey Galloway
Grapesoda2525
The jets made sure whoever acquired Adams overpaid and I'm glad it wasn't us. It seems like it took us years to recover from the stain of the Roy Williams trade and those 2 first round draft picks we flushed down the toilet.
PooDoo
AG
This team is having fun

TheCougarHunter
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

The jets made sure whoever acquired Adams overpaid and I'm glad it wasn't us. It seems like it took us years to recover from the stain of the Roy Williams trade and those 2 first round draft picks we flushed down the toilet.

You know for a fact Jerry was on the phone with them, just barely got outbid by the hawks.
PooDoo
AG
Interesting story about the Brett Veach the GM of KC.
If you are into team building and salary cap you might enjoy.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/08/25/chiefs-roster-brett-veach-patrick-mahomes/
Macarthur

Macarthur said:

Ag Natural said:

BenFiasco14 said:

ChemAg15 said:

Suck my balls, LVE.

Sure, but the avg career is like 3 years, if that.
jr15aggie
AG
Going back to last week... one thing I forgot about is we had played on Monday night the week before. On top of that, Carolina had played on Thusday. They had 4 extra days to prepare for us and we had a short week (thanks for that schedule makers!).

Really feels good to see this team compete every week and play winning football, even though we would have plenty of excuses to fail.
PooDoo
AG
EPA is expected points allowed
PooDoo
AG
Macarthur said:

Macarthur said:

Ag Natural said:

BenFiasco14 said:

ChemAg15 said:

Suck my balls, LVE.

If they are smart 3 years should leave them with a $500k cushion in the bank and not to mention the invaluable networking opportunities. Not bad for your pre-30s.
98Ag99Grad
AG
LOL.."If they are smart.."
JAggie2007
AG
Danny Vermin said:

Joey Galloway
Roy Williams(WR)
MookieBlaylock
AG
Herschel Walker RB/MMA fighter/bobsledder/apprentice/politician
PatAg
AG
PooDoo said:

Macarthur said:

Macarthur said:

Ag Natural said:

BenFiasco14 said:

ChemAg15 said:

Suck my balls, LVE.

If they are smart 3 years should leave them with a $500k cushion in the bank and not to mention the invaluable networking opportunities. Not bad for your pre-30s.
In theory, a lot of them also got a free college education....in theory
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Macarthur said:

Macarthur said:

Ag Natural said:

BenFiasco14 said:

ChemAg15 said:

Suck my balls, LVE.

I understand. However, I wish I made $650k a year my first three years out of school instead of the peanuts I worked for.

Not to mention, if you're in the NFL you were probably a stud in college which means alums lining up to give you an easy, high-paying job if you're even half way competent.
jr15aggie
AG
Chido just picked off Rogers.

Shame that he got a decent pay day as a free agent, I bet he would have been pretty good playing for Quinn. Him and Diggs would be quite the duo I bet.
YouBet
AG
Macarthur said:

Macarthur said:

Ag Natural said:

BenFiasco14 said:

ChemAg15 said:

Suck my balls, LVE.

$2M over three years.

That sucks!
PooDoo
AG
Just think about all the celebrations we missed not having Jaylon Smith on the team.
jr15aggie
AG
Cowboys are a bit unreal this year. Multiple starters out on both sides of the ball and they just keep on rolling.

Trevon Diggs isn't human.
Grapesoda2525
Game against the pats next week. Then a bye.

I think the bye comes at a good time this season. Hopefully it will improve the health of the team and get some guys back.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.