********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

188,845 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
Lt. Joe Bookman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Boys 31-24
Chipotlemonger
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Boys 31-24
I 2nd this!
Grapesoda2525
We still have a lot of issues with lineman being out on both sides and covid crap, but if it didn't slow us down against the chargers, we should be able to handle the eagles at home.

The eagles offense shouldnt be as difficult for our defense to stop as the last 2 teams offenses were.
Saint Pablo
We have this division on lock.
NukeAg10
AG
Nice 48-21* ass kicking of the eagles. Defense only gave up 2 tds, forced 2 more turnovers, and played like madmen despite missing lots of key components. Parsons was a great draft pick. Offense continues to be the offense, and has seemed to rediscover how to run the ball.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Getting Pollard worked in more has made a huge difference. He's a step quicker and you really don't miss a beat with him in there. Nice 1-2 punch they have going.
Grapesoda2525
Panthers and giants up next. Could be set up to build a mini winning streak.
jr15aggie
AG
Game Notes:

1. I want Micah back at LB asap. Mix it up with him rushing, but I want him back in the middle.

2. Dalton Schultz has gone from looking like a bad draft pick to a pretty good NFL tight end. Hard work paying off, good for him.

3. Osa Odighizuwa is having himself a fine rookie season. We need guys to step up on the Dline and he's playing very well.

4. Start preparing the cap space now... Digg$

5. Zeke and Pollard are a helluva RB duo.

6. Welcome back Dak!
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
This is fun.

Let's keep doing this.
NukeAg10
AG
Splitting the carries had clearly had a good effect on zeke. He had some really good, patient runs today and ran with power. Pollard goes in there and brings a completely different gear the defense has to adjust to. Moore's playcalling has matured so much.
NukeAg10
AG
They have a legit shot to be 7-2, possibly 8-1, going into the KC game. Let's hope they can keep up the energy on defense, esp with the dudes that will be coming back after this week. Moore has been building great gameplans to attack defenses so far. BTW, the cowboys are leading the NFL in forcing turnovers. That's wild.
jr15aggie
AG
I expect the offense to only get better... Dak missed almost all of camp and it's obvious he's still feeling out how comfortable he is running the ball.

And the defense... same thing... arrow is up.

Might have ourselves a fun football team to watch this year.
NukeAg10
AG
It's only 3 games, but Dan Quinn is working some magic so far.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
I didn't have high hopes with all the backups going into tonight but...wow. It feels so good watching this team after last year.
jtstanley4621
AG
Feels like we're poised to run away with the division this year. I think Washington has a better defense than Philly but none of the other teams seem like much of a threat
Grapesoda2525
I'm glad Trevor Lawrence was in last years draft and not this one. We could see several nfc east teams drafting in the top 10 again. I hope the QB prospects aren't that great next year cuz the other 3 teams in our division probably badly need to draft one.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Some QB will get hyped into the top 10 like usual. No one is jumping off the page at QB this year. Most of the Heisman front runners are RBs.
jr15aggie
AG
YouTube TV has a nifty feature where they pick out around 30 key plays and you can do a quick rewatch.

Philly pretty much only had large chunk plays against us.... Jaylon Smith was 100% responsible for at least 2 of them. On one he jumped into the wrong gap and the RB took it right up the gut for a huge play. On the other he missed an easy tackle on a screen pass that exploded for huge yards.

The guy is still a huge liability. Neal needs to get back, Parsons needs to go back to LB, and Cox needs playing time to get him ready. Hell, even Luke Gifford made 2 nice plays, one for a loss, and he only played one series. Jaylon needs to stay off the field!
MookieBlaylock
AG
Philly is staring at a 1 and 6 start
Washington is bad
Giants coaching staff makes the cowboys look elite

This division is ripe for the taking and piling up wins

Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Noticed both of those plays in real time. He just isn't a good football player at this point.
Grapesoda2525
jr15aggie said:

YouTube TV has a nifty feature where they pick out around 30 key plays and you can do a quick rewatch.

Philly pretty much only had large chunk plays against us.... Jaylon Smith was 100% responsible for at least 2 of them. On one he jumped into the wrong gap and the RB took it right up the gut for a huge play. On the other he missed an easy tackle on a screen pass that exploded for huge yards.

The guy is still a huge liability. Neal needs to get back, Parsons needs to go back to LB, and Cox needs playing time to get him ready. Hell, even Luke Gifford made 2 nice plays, one for a loss, and he only played one series. Jaylon needs to stay off the field!
Was watching the game with some friends and we all noticed the same thing. Jaylon jumping on piles after the play had already ended and Jaylon jumping into the wrong gap.

The guy is a joke. I hope his business does well or whatever, but just please get off the field or play for another team dude.
jr15aggie
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Giants coaching staff makes the cowboys look elite

Who's on their staff?
jr15aggie
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

jr15aggie said:

Was watching the game with some friends and we all noticed the same thing. Jaylon jumping on piles after the play had already ended and Jaylon jumping into the wrong gap.

The guy is a joke. I hope his business does well or whatever, but just please get off the field or play for another team dude.

At one point he even high fived a cheerleader. Makes sense because that's pretty much what he is on the field.
gigem1223
Completely disagree with the notion that Parson needs to go back to linebacker. Defensive end is a much bigger need right now and the position has a bigger impact on the game. Since Parsons has made the move to DE this defense has been on another level. Do not change. Just take 9 off the field for Neal or Gifford and keep rolling.
jr15aggie
AG
gigem1223 said:

Completely disagree with the notion that Parson needs to go back to linebacker. Defensive end is a much bigger need right now and the position has a bigger impact on the game. Since Parsons has made the move to DE this defense has been on another level. Do not change. Just take 9 off the field for Neal or Gifford and keep rolling.

I think we are missing the take-aways, etc that he would be a part of if he were at LB. Defense is still giving up too many chunk plays, many of which are running plays... I think Parsons solves many of those issues.

Now, do I think he needs to rush off the end? Absolutely, but it needs to be done in a 'mixing it up' capacity.

The one thing that's easily forgotten is DE is a tough spot. You have the biggest/meanest men on the other team beating on you every play. I don't want Parsons taking that kind of beating every play, I want him in space using his athleticism 80% of the time.
DannyDuberstein
AG
gigem1223 said:

This. Parsons is disruptive as hell at end. Causing tons of chaos. I'm sure he'd be great at LB, but at LB, he isn't helping your corner (AB) or safety situation. At DE he is. He's covering for issues elsewhere in the line. He is making the entire defense so much better

This defense looks drastically improved from week 1, and as the Chargers just demonstrated this week, it's not just because of who they played
gigem1223
jr15aggie said:

gigem1223 said:

I think we are missing the take-aways, etc that he would be a part of if he were at LB. Defense is still giving up too many chunk plays, many of which are running plays... I think Parsons solves many of those issues.

Now, do I think he needs to rush off the end? Absolutely, but it needs to be done in a 'mixing it up' capacity.

The one thing that's easily forgotten is DE is a tough spot. You have the biggest/meanest men on the other team beating on you every play. I don't want Parsons taking that kind of beating every play, I want him in space using his athleticism 80% of the time.

I don't like the idea of a rookie thinking too much between 2 positions. I like him pinning his ears back and making plays. And I'd argue we're leading the league in take always in large part due to Parsons constantly coming at the QB. Putting him at LB takes him out of several chances to force possible takeaways.
DannyDuberstein
AG
If I am an opposing OC, every play you choose not to send Parsons after my QB, I'm saying "THANK YOU!!!"
ChemAg15
AG
So when DLaw returns do we leave Parsons at DE?
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think it's probably a slow breakin period for DLaw. One issue with a broken foot is that he can't really condition. But I could see packages with them both in and Gregory sitting. Then some with Gregory and Dlaw, and Parsons at LB. But they will have to make some decisions as far as which pair creates the most distruption and helps the defense the most, and right now I think Parsons is one of those 2 guys
jr15aggie
AG
Saint Pablo
TheCougarHunter said:

Some QB will get hyped into the top 10 like usual. No one is jumping off the page at QB this year. Most of the Heisman front runners are RBs.
One of our division mates is going to blow it and draft Spencer Rattler.
NukeAg10
AG
Damn, I hope so.
jr15aggie
AG
I'll post something that I think we can all agree on...

I really hope Dan Quinn has the mindset, "Screw being a head coach... I love being a DC, I'm great at it, and this is what I'm going to do".
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Defnitely agree that Parsons needs to stay at DE for now. Once D Law comes back full strength then we can look at moving him back to LB.

Last nights DL was just so damn disruptive (when they weren't getting held)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.