********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

188,843 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
birdman said:

PatAg said:

One thing to not overlook with the NFC east; one or two of the teams that are bad early on end up figuring it out towards the end of the season and become a tough out.
Nope.

If Dallas plays .500 ball from here, they finish 11-6. They arr better than that, but let's use that htpothetical.

Eagle would need to win eight of nine remaining games. Redskins need to win all nine games. That merely ties Dallas for division lead.

100% of focus should be on getting healthy for deep playoff run.

I think I have the math right...
I didn't mean for Winning the East, but more for home field advantage in the playoffs. Someone mentioned how bad the other teams are and are free wins, but it rarely plays out that way.
Grapesoda2525

Bradley Anae cut. I agree with this move. You can't hope to stay on an nfl roster if you're going to draw offsides on a punt and single handedly keep your own defense on the field. That is the kind of stuff that happens in pee wee. He should know better.
jr15aggie
AG
Yeah, it was only a matter of time. So many guys playing well and we have guys coming off injured reserve soon. Roster spots needed!
DannyDuberstein
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Bradley Anae cut. I agree with this move. You can't hope to stay on an nfl roster if you're going to draw offsides on a punt and single handedly keep your own defense on the field. That is the kind of stuff that happens in pee wee. He should know better.

Love it. This is a Jimmy Johnson type cut. No dicking around boys. We are here to win a title. Reminds me of cutting Curvin Richards late in the season of the first SB run. They didn't even have a good backup option, but Jimmy wasn't gonna keep a guy he couldn't trust around. Sent a message
DannyDuberstein
AG
Last time the Braves won a World Series, the Cowboys won the Super Bowl. LFG!!!
MookieBlaylock
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Last time the Braves won a World Series, the Cowboys won the Super Bowl. LFG!!!

Won't even be the same year

Very weird correlation
DannyDuberstein
AG
Pardon me for having a little fun and positivity. Sorry that the Cowboys last winning a Super Bowl 3 months after the Braves last won a title is a weird correlation
Ag Natural
AG
I hope there is more to the story than just one dumb penalty. I thought the reports on Anai were pretty positive. Oh well.
jr15aggie
AG
Ag Natural said:

I hope there is more to the story than just one dumb penalty.

There is... he was starting to get buried on the depth chart and we are needing roster spots as guys start coming off IR. Anae's biggest problem was his fellow 2nd/3rd stingers are all playing so well. Seriously, name a backup DB, O-line, etc guy that you'd rather cut that Anae. When his only major contribution is special teams and he makes a HUGE mistake... well, it all sorta adds up.

And FYI, there was more to the Jimmy Johnson / Curvin Richards story as well. I believe it had to do with needing to make roster adjustments for the playoffs. We did have another RB, I believe it was Tommie Agee who was a sorta hybrid RB/FB/Special teams type guy. The whole fumbling thing wasn't the only reason, but Jimmy certainly used it to get everyone's attention.

Anae was on the chopping block already, but McCarthy (like Jimmy) certainly used a bad play to send a message to the guys on this team. Love it!
DannyDuberstein
AG
The 2 fumles Richards had in that game brought him to 3 for the year in less than 50 carries. You literally can't trust putting a guy like that into a playoff game, so you may as well use his roster spot on another option
All I do is Nguyen
So if Tyron has the surgery, he's out 4 weeks. Move Collins to LT and lets roll. I agree with everyone here that the playoffs are a foregone conclusion at this point, and we need to get and stay healthy. Honestly, if that means resting Dak another week, then do it. I know he wants to get out there, but why not make sure the calf is 110% good to go? Also, when will D-Law return? I think once he comes back the D-Line will flourish since Gregory is producing so well.
jr15aggie
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

The 2 fumles Richards had in that game brought him to 3 for the year in less than 50 carries. You literally can't trust putting a guy like that into a playoff game, so you may as well use his roster spot on another option

Agreed. And it helps when you have a guy name Smith who, at the time, was probably 24 years old and never came off the field. He also happened to be your best RB option as a runner, pass catcher, and blocker.
PooDoo
AG
And similarly why Jimmy didn't cut Leon Lett after losing the ice bowl game against the Dolphins.

But Lett thought he was about to get cut.

There is probably a headache vs talent vs depth vs cap hit equation GMs use for these situations
Saint Pablo
PooDoo
AG
PooDoo
AG
I love seeing Dak coaching up everyone.

I also hope Kelvin Joseph can play as good as he talks.
dave94
AG
PooDoo said:

This team has a blast on the sideline. Winning will do that!
Danny Vermin
Also the last time the Bucks won a championship, the Cowboys won the Superbowl.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Danny Vermin said:

Also the last time the Bucks won a championship, the Cowboys won the Superbowl.

Once again diff seasons and years
The Bucs and Bucs won last season
DannyDuberstein
AG
The fact the NFL regular season takes place in one year and the SB in the next must melt your brain down
jr15aggie
AG
Somebody tell Mookie that the the Cowboys 90's dynasty started with the 92 team!!!

***Super Bowl XXVII, Rose Bowl Stadium, January 31, 1993***
Goldie Wilson
DannyDuberstein said:

The fact the NFL regular season takes place in one year and the SB in the next must melt your brain down
Seriously. It's not that hard of a concept
jteagle
AG
Yall just have to realize that Mookie can't actually enjoy life unless he is being negative.
Ag Natural
AG
I can see why the Cowboys liked White enough to draft him. He's decisive and accurate. Its interesting that Rush basically beat him out.
Saint Pablo
Ag Natural said:

I can see why the Cowboys liked White enough to draft him. He's decisive and accurate. Its interesting that Rush basically beat him out.
And Dinucci, right?
Ag Natural
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Ag Natural said:

And Dinucci, right?

I thought White was gone by the time Dinucci was drafted. And then Dinucci got the opportunity because Rush was injured.
PooDoo
AG
https://twitter.com/McCoolBCB/status/1456283677797896193?t=tgV1Jyvr3AmnAU5C7yHyfg&s=19

Are these links opening the twitter preview window?
PooDoo
AG
https://twitter.com/CowboysNation/status/1457185078606536708?t=a6-TkVs7k-DKX_mAyQuEzw&s=19
DallasTeleAg
I hate being in Houston...

Now I have to figure out how to watch the Cowboy game, today. You would think that the Houston market doesn't even want to watch the Texans, anymore.
AgsWin2011
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Now I have to figure out how to watch the Cowboy game, today. You would think that the Houston market doesn't even want to watch the Texans, anymore.

Wtf? They've always been on here. I live in CS and we always get the Cowboys and Texans. What's the deal today?
jonb02
AG
Heismenberg said:

DallasTeleAg said:

Wtf? They've always been on here. I live in CS and we always get the Cowboys and Texans. What's the deal today?
Both the Texans and Cowboys are playing on Fox today at noon. That's why this is happening.
“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.” - John Adams

“It is easier to fool someone than it is to convince them they’ve been fooled” - Mark Twain
AgsWin2011
AG
Since when does Fox cover an all AFC game?
DallasTeleAg
Went ahead and signed up for a VPN provider and will be streaming online.

Problem fixed.
Kashchei
AG
O Line
AAggie
Listen to all of these ****ing Denver virus transplants in the crowd.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.