********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

192,379 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
Kellso
How long do you want to ignore this user?
09Ag said:

Gotcha. Ya and the prices have almost doubled since I first checked Sunday night. I'm wondering if I should wait it out to see if they drop, but I'll probably not risk it and just bite the bullet today.
I would purchase tickets Sunday morning.
ApachePilot
AG
The stupid 49ers run a ton of misdirection. They disguise their run plays very well and are still a power run team. To beat them you need sound gap assignments. Parsons and co will need to be sharp on their reads. Also Dak needs to play a solid game. He worries me.
jr15aggie
AG
Quote:

The stupid 49ers run a ton of misdirection. They disguise their run plays very well and are still a power run team. To beat them you need sound gap assignments. Parsons and co will need to be sharp on their reads. Also Dak needs to play a solid game. He worries me.

I'd be a lot more concerned if Jaylon were still here and getting significant playing time.
Southlake
jr15aggie said:

Quote:

I'd be a lot more concerned if Jaylon were still here and getting significant playing time.
We don't say the J word here anymore…
PooDoo
AG
Macarthur
I'm actually feeling better as the week goes on here. No doubt SF is a good team and certainly capable of winning the game but I just think Dallas is better.

I've seen a huge national narrative that is almost exclusively that the Cowboys are in big trouble. I'm am 100% that McCarthy is making sure the team hears all of this and how the Cowboys are being dismissed by a large contingent of the media. I think the Cowboys win this comfortably.
jr15aggie
AG
Screw all that noise. Hey SF, guess what... we aren't stuck in this game with you... you are stuck in this game with us!
NukeAg10
AG
I mentioned that to my buddy earlier. He thinks my disdain for jaylon Smith is irrational, but we would be so ****ed if he was still getting snaps.
DannyDuberstein
AG
SF would have worn Jaylon's ass out. He would have looked like a vietnamese ho that just got gang-banged by an entire marine division after the game. Thank goodness he's gone. However things go on Sunday, they'll be better than they would have with Jaylon
ramblin_ag02
AG
jr15aggie said:

Screw all that noise. Hey SF, guess what... we aren't stuck in this game with you... you are stuck in this game with us!

Damn skippy! This is the matchup we wanted!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
NukeAg10
AG
"wanted" is a lose term, the only team I would've wanted is the eagles, but the niners are definitely better than the Rams or Cardinals, to me.
Grapesoda2525
I wanted to avoid the cardinals because Murray is too elusive and he has a great touch on the deep ball to burn us after he prolongs the play by avoiding our pass rush everytime.

I'm at peace with the matchup and if we get beat by the 49ers at home then we don't deserve to be in the playoffs or advance.
jtstanley4621
AG
Kittle is an issue and Samuel has had a great year but Jimmy G on the road doesn't scare me in a vacuum. It's a game a quality team should win
All I do is Nguyen
The chatter I am seeing on other Cowboys boards is that most fans are apprehensive when it comes to the playoffs, and rightfully so. Do I think the Cowboys can beat the 49ers? Yes. Honestly the Cowboys CAN beat anyone in the league, but will they? Who knows. I still think the Cowboys are one and done and lose next week.
No matter what
STX Ag
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

I still think the Cowboys are one and done and lose next week.

Well thats just like, your opinion, man.
Macarthur
All I do is Nguyen said:

The chatter I am seeing on other Cowboys boards is that most fans are apprehensive when it comes to the playoffs, and rightfully so. Do I think the Cowboys can beat the 49ers? Yes. Honestly the Cowboys CAN beat anyone in the league, but will they? Who knows. I still think the Cowboys are one and done and lose next week.

Interestingly, listening to Sturm on the ticket this morning, he thinks (and I agree) that this is their toughest matchup and that if the Cowboys can get past SF, they actually match up better with TB and GB.
jr15aggie
AG
I fully understand why the fans are apprehensive... same goes for how the Cowboy's front office might feel. Everything that has happened since winning Super Bowl XXX 25+ years ago gives us reason to doubt.

But this team doesn't know or feel any of that. What happened to Wade or JG led teams of the past... what happened to Romo botched field goals... none of that means anything to these guys and it's not even a thought in their mind. They are going to go out and play their brand of football and we'll see what happens. The veteran leaders on this team (Dak, D-Law, etc) have all won playoff game/games before... nobody on this team is going to feel like they have a playoff curse monkey they have to get off their back.
Grapesoda2525
Macarthur said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

Interestingly, listening to Sturm on the ticket this morning, he thinks (and I agree) that this is their toughest matchup and that if the Cowboys can get past SF, they actually match up better with TB and GB.
I think he's half right. I think the cowboys do match up better with TB ( because of injuries) and GB because their defense has faded in the second half and we might be able to just run down their throats.

I still think SF is a way better matchup for us than Arizona or LA.
Grapesoda2525
All I do is Nguyen said:

Aaron Rodgers has ruined the playoffs for Cowboy fans in the 2010 decade. People are worried because in 2007 and 2016 we were set up to go deep and went 1 and done.

Going further back……. The botched field goal in Seattle and several blow out losses to the Vikings and panthers.

There's just not a lot of playoff success to point to in between our last super bowl win and now.

I will say we've had some bad luck with matchups over the last 20 years, but you just gotta beat whose in front of you.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Our realistic 1st round options were the Rams, Cardinals, 49ers and Eagles. Give me the 49ers out of these. The Eagles are not good, but you never want a 3rd division game in the playoffs.

After that, who knows? No guarantee TB or GB win their games either
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
gigem1223
I believe the Cowboys defense is going to have issues slowing down the 9ers run game. It's just not a good matchup. However, I think Dak has a good matchup against that 9ers secondary and has a great game. I think we win by 4.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Good at passing and against passing is basically how the Bucs won it all last year. For better or worse, running and stopping the run hasn't been relevant in the playoffs for years (knock on wood)
NukeAg10
AG
STX Ag said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

I still think the Cowboys are one and done and lose next week.

Well thats just like, your opinion, man.

Apparently username does not checkout.
STX Ag
AG
That was my second choice for a reply.
BlueAg2003
AG
I find it funny that so many people are saying they'd rather have the 9ers than the Rams. You do realize we beat them twice this year? So you'd rather play the team that beat the team you're scared of?
NukeAg10
AG
Huh?
Goldie Wilson
BlueAg2003 said:

I find it funny that so many people are saying they'd rather have the 9ers than the Rams. You do realize we beat them twice this year? So you'd rather play the team that beat the team you're scared of?
I realized none of that
STX Ag
AG
I had to read your post 4 times to understand it, but assuming you are a niners fan, which you did not explain, you also lost to the Colts, Seahawks twice, and squeaked by the Eagles. So yeah, I'll take the Niners.
Ag12thman
AG
gigem1223 said:

I believe the Cowboys defense is going to have issues slowing down the 9ers run game. It's just not a good matchup. However, I think Dak has a good matchup against that 9ers secondary and has a great game. I think we win by 4.
This is about what I think. I feel like a 3 or 4 point win is in order (assuming Zuerlein makes all his kicks). I think this is a much more physical team overall than Arizona is/was. That 49er running game is definitely a lot better than Arizona's from a physicality standpoint. Kyler scrambling was also a problem, though. But, watching both of those teams (Cardinals and 49ers) in back-to-back weeks, I'd have rather seen Dallas play the Cardinals than the 49ers. Still think Dallas wins a close one, as I said, though.
gigem1223
Cowboys fixing to announce a deal that they're retaining McClay
BlueAg2003
AG
I didn't realize it was that hard of a post to understand. Yes, I am a 49er fan. I have seen several posts saying that Sunday's matchup is a better route than having to play the Rams. And I was just bringing up the point that we beat the Rams twice this year. So just curious why Cowboys fans are more confident about beating the 49ers than the Rams. Sorry, maybe the term "we" was confusing as in you assumed I was a Cowboys fan.
Macarthur
BlueAg2003 said:

I didn't realize it was that hard of a post to understand. Yes, I am a 49er fan. I have seen several posts saying that Sunday's matchup is a better route than having to play the Rams. And I was just bringing up the point that we beat the Rams twice this year. So just curious why Cowboys fans are more confident about beating the 49ers than the Rams. Sorry, maybe the term "we" was confusing as in you assumed I was a Cowboys fan.

I don't think Cowboys fans are 'more confident'. In fact, I see tons of Cowboy fan hand wringing.

What you probably hear was that many of us believe the SF draw was a better route in the playoffs and I do believe that to be true. That's primarily based on not having to go to Lambeau until the conf champtionship.
Ag12thman
AG
The 49ers are a lot better than their record indicates, IMO. This is gonna be a very tough game and should be very close.
Goldie Wilson
BlueAg2003 said:

It's 100% a better route, so that's probably why you've seen several posts to that effect
gigem1223
BlueAg2003 said:

1. Stafford > Jimmy G
2. The Rams have more top end talent
3. As explained in several posts already. The route to a possible Super Bowl is much less difficult with drawing SF in the 1st round.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.