********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

192,412 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
Ag Natural
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah Cam was worse than Dalton last year.
gigem1223
Will Grier it is
cman1494
AG
At least Will Grier won't be afraid to chuck the ball downfield and give our receivers a chance if it comes down to it.
BenFiasco14
AG
I'm sure Kapernick would take a call
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
jr15aggie
AG
cman1494 said:

At least Will Grier won't be afraid to chuck the ball downfield and give our receivers a chance if it comes down to it.

No idea why back up QBs don't just turn it loose. Why don't the coaches look them right in the eye and say, "go attack the defense and I'll have your back no matter the outcome."

Nothing worse than watching guys like GG come in and immediately go into captain check down / don't turn the ball over mode. Death by 1,000 papercuts.

Nobody expects them to be as good as the starting QB... just go in there, challenge the defense, and give your guys a chance to make a play.
TyHolden
AG
jr15aggie said:

cman1494 said:

No idea why back up QBs don't just turn it loose. Why don't the coaches look them right in the eye and say, "go attack the defense and I'll have your back no matter the outcome."

Nothing worse than watching guys like GG come in and immediately go into captain check down / don't turn the ball over mode. Death by 1,000 papercuts.

Nobody expects them to be as good as the starting QB... just go in there, challenge the defense, and give your guys a chance to make a play.
there's a reason they're second string
GiveEmHellBill
AG
ehrmantraut said:

Definitely the worst season of Hard Knocks I've ever watched, and it features my team.
It really is a terrible season. Zero drama and no real players fighting for spots that have interesting stories that get you rooting for them. The whole thing is just......blah. So far, the most interesting story I've heard is of the head mail guy who is fourth generation with the Cowboys. Every episode has just been so dull.

However, that drone sequence was just absolutely jaw-dropping and is amazing to watch.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Jerry talking about Whataburger during the credits was the highlight of the episode, which says everything
Ag Natural
AG
The Mexican madre was pretty funny. You gotta live that Latin passion
cman1494
AG
Some of our guys are coming off the Covid list today, so more cuts will have to be made.
Southlake
Is Dinucci really on the practice squad?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Southlake said:

Yes. And for those being bored by hard knocks, they also brought back Hardy and Alarcon. Now that the practice squads are gigantic, the last cutdown for fringe guys is not really all that interesting. The Nooch has to be purely emergency purposes to have a 3rd warm body
Grapesoda2525
Southlake said:

They gave him some kind of gig because he is butt buddies with McCarthy.
Southlake
Nice guy and I wish him the best, but it's still a slot we could have for a better prospect.
BMX Bandit
Z Martin out with covid
TyHolden
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Z Martin out with covid
pack it up. season over. can mike.
NukeAg10
AG
So, again, what's the point of being vaccinated?
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
NukeAg10 said:

So, again, what's the point of being vaccinated?

Reasons.
Ag Natural
AG
It virtually guarantees that you won't have serious complications from covid.

It also means you get tested less, if you want an NFL player reason.
Silvertaps
AG
Ag Natural said:

Any non-vaxed players testing positive have serious complications? Serious question, not being a smartass
Ag Natural
AG
Silvertaps said:

Ag Natural said:

Any non-vaxed players testing positive have serious complications? Serious question, not being a smartass

I have no idea. A lot of athletes have blamed getting covid for bad performances. Im just giving the reason for getting vaxxed. It has shown to virtually guarantee that won't have major problems.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Ag Natural said:

I
Being a world class athlete virtually guarantees you wont have serious complications
The NFL testing and policy is theatre and needs to end
Ag Natural
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Ag Natural said:

I
Being a world class athlete virtually guarantees you wont have serious complications

Well for a pro athlete anything would be considered serious. Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, Jayson Tatum... all had a rough time coming back after being sick. Yeah nobody is dying. But if you're livelihood is your fitness, you probably want to take every precaution.
Grapesoda2525
Was ceedee lamb vaccinated? If yes, I'm not worried about his recovery prospects on the field. If no, I'm slightly worried.

That's the difference in receiving the vaccination or not receiving the vaccination for you guys.
jr15aggie
AG
Well, glass is half full approach... guard was our deepest spot on the oline. Hate that it's our HOF/Best oline guy, but better there than OT or center.

Now, let the same thing happen to a couple Tampa starters and I'll feel better about it.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Ag Natural said:

I

I don't know a pro football player but I know a regular runner (several k runs and half marathons ) that is in great shape that is seriously battling it right now hospitalized. He's unvaccinated.
Southlake
jr15aggie said:

Well, glass is half full approach... guard was our deepest spot on the oline. Hate that it's our HOF/Best oline guy, but better there than OT or center.

Now, let the same thing happen to a couple Tampa starters and I'll feel better about it.
Yeah, guess who's starting now in his place? A certain ex-longhorn who is to offensive linemen what DiNucci is to QBs.

But at least it's just Tampa Bay
gigem1223
Southlake said:

jr15aggie said:

Yeah, guess who's starting now in his place? A certain ex-longhorn who is to offensive linemen what DiNucci is to QBs.

But at least it's just Tampa Bay

Bit of a reach there. As much as people hate on Connor he was probably our best OL last season. He's not a bad player, probably a league average guard.

McGovern needs to live up to his billing Thursday. Hopefully Collins is healthy and can help fill the void.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

MookieBlaylock said:

Ag Natural said:

I

I don't know a pro football player but I know a regular runner (several k runs and half marathons ) that is in great shape that is seriously battling it right now hospitalized. He's unvaccinated.

Did you just compare a casual runner to. elite athletes?
Hope your friend gets better but man that is a baffling comparison

TyHolden
AG
Line is currently -8. Anybody think it will be that close?
gigem1223
MaximusDMeridius said:

Defense or not, that's a lot of points to give against an offense like Dallas. TB was not world beaters last season. I'd take Dallas and the 8 easy. I say TB 27 Dallas 23.
TyHolden
AG
gigem1223 said:

MaximusDMeridius said:

Defense or not, that's a lot of points to give against an offense like Dallas. TB was not world beaters last season. I'd take Dallas and the 8 easy. I say TB 27 Dallas 23.
no idea what the dallas offense looks like. it's been 2 years since dak played. has he met cee cee yet?
gigem1223
MaximusDMeridius said:

gigem1223 said:

MaximusDMeridius said:

no idea what the dallas offense looks like. it's been 2 years since dak played. has he met cee cee yet?

Dak played played 4.5 games last season..with CeeDee. He was on pace for a 1200+ yd season with Dak as QB.
TyHolden
AG
gigem1223 said:

MaximusDMeridius said:

gigem1223 said:

MaximusDMeridius said:

Dak played played 4.5 games last season..with CeeDee. He was on pace for a 1200+ yd season with Dak as QB.
so you put $100 on Boys to cover?
gigem1223
I don't bet on my teams

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.