********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

197,755 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Games are a lot more fun to go to this year. That place was rocking today.
gigem1223
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Agreed. I'm usually at every home game and today's was pretty damn active. First time I've seen the dreaded wave actually going well in the stadium.
PooDoo
AG
https://twitter.com/EzekielElliott/status/1447378976624812036?t=EPKjTt1mhbZpTqENh6geMw&s=19
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Haha...our seats are in the first row of section 344 and the guy that started it was below us. He had been trying for almost the entire game and never lost his enthusiasm. I'm not a wave enthusiast by any means but I was happy for that old guy.
CoppellAg93
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

I commented to my family that the crowd seemed a lot louder on the television broadcast yesterday than in past games.
jr15aggie
AG
I think that fake pitch to Zeke, pause, wait, and then throw it to Zeke for a TD is one of my favorite plays in recent years. Dak was so calm and just pulled the defense right into his trap. Really good stuff!
PooDoo
AG
NSFW
https://twitter.com/GehlkenNFL/status/1447618966759878666?t=tgVloI8xh3TsSxYSpaV72g&s=19
PooDoo
AG
Love how they have Durde's captions in an old english font

Ag Natural
AG
Haha, Garrett at the end wishes he was still the Cowboys coach.
PooDoo
AG
Steamrollers

https://twitter.com/mailman_phil/status/1448082090315165701?t=it4BUWAB3Snm1XWGlVoOuA&s=19
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
I think Randy Gregory has become one of my favorite cowboys. Just to see him come back repeatedly after his off field issues, put in the work, make plays, but you always see him applauding and cheering on his teammates. hard not to root for that guy.
jr15aggie
AG
Heard via Cowboys talk.... the top 3 interior D-linemen in the NFL with the highest # of QB pressures:

1. JJ Watt
2. Aaron Donald
3. Osa Odighizuwa
jr15aggie
AG
I love the captions on those videos:

Dak: All f*ing day!

Caption: All (the livelong) day!
PooDoo
AG
jr15aggie said:

Heard via Cowboys talk.... the top 3 interior D-linemen in the NFL with the highest # of QB pressures:

1. JJ Watt
2. Aaron Donald
3. Osa Odighizuwa

Glad we didn't pass on him because he was shorter and lighter than our last couple of DCs would've wanted.
Macarthur
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

I think Randy Gregory has become one of my favorite cowboys. Just to see him come back repeatedly after his off field issues, put in the work, make plays, but you always see him applauding and cheering on his teammates. hard not to root for that guy.

Here's the thing though, he didn't have 'off the field issues' in the traditional sense. He used pot as a way to help regulate his mental health issues.

He's incredibly well liked by everyone in the organization and is very thoughtful in interviews. I think his is a case study in how the league gets it so wrong with pot yet allows doctors to prescribe endless painkillers for these guys.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Plants over pills.
Grapesoda2525
Ag Natural said:

Haha, Garrett at the end wishes he was still the Cowboys coach.
The guy was way too conservative. He should be coaching a team like the Texans or something.

This roster needs a coach who is aggressive and takes chances.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Macarthur said:

HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

Here's the thing though, he didn't have 'off the field issues' in the traditional sense. He used pot as a way to help regulate his mental health issues.

He's incredibly well liked by everyone in the organization and is very thoughtful in interviews. I think his is a case study in how the league gets it so wrong with pot yet allows doctors to prescribe endless painkillers for these guys.
Thats what i meant, although you put it into words that i couldnt. despite getting hammered by the league repeatedly for something that shouldnt be an issue, he continued to do what he needed to do to get back on the field. most people would have thrown their hands up and said "**** it", yet he kept at it, and is by all appearances an amazing teammate. he's made me a fan.
Macarthur
Agree. Gotta root for the guy...he's shown a huge amount of perseverance. I hope the Cowboys are able to keep him, but I have a feeling someone is going to money whip him this offseason.
PooDoo
AG
https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1448484976585023489?t=hgsmnskSdJ5iw9ERgUFCLw&s=19
PooDoo
AG
Lol

WHY TREVON DIGGS HASN'T BEEN THE MOST VALUABLE CORNERBACK IN 2021
By ALEX
https://sportsinfosolutionsblog.com/2021/10/14/why-trevon-diggs-hasnt-been-the-most-valuable-cornerback-in-2021/
cman1494
AG
Trevon has always been and will always be the high risk/high reward CB that is going to gamble and give up some receptions, but also is capable of changing the game at any moment with an INT. I will take that all day compared to what we have had in the secondary previously!
aggiepaintrain
AG
[This is not a trolling thread. -Staff]
Ag Natural
AG
As long as Hurts is the Eagles QB I will not be afraid of them.
Chipotlemonger
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

[This is not a trolling thread. -Staff]

Thank you staff
PooDoo
AG
cman1494 said:

Trevon has always been and will always be the high risk/high reward CB that is going to gamble and give up some receptions, but also is capable of changing the game at any moment with an INT. I will take that all day compared to what we have had in the secondary previously!

A perfect CB to pair with this offense.

Remind anyone of the Saints Superbowl team where the defense wasn't great but they created turnovers like crazy?
cman1494
AG
Man, imagine if we had extended Byron instead of Jaylon. Having Byron with his glue-like coverage but no hands on one side would compliment Trevon's gambling ability perfectly. QBs wouldn't know where to throw the ball.

Oh well, can't dwell on what should have been...
jr15aggie
AG
cman1494 said:

Man, imagine if we had extended Byron instead of Jaylon. Having Byron with his glue-like coverage but no hands on one side would compliment Trevon's gambling ability perfectly. QBs wouldn't know where to throw the ball.

Oh well, can't dwell on what should have been...

Byron makes over 16 mil per year on average. Jaylon made around 11. Wasn't exactly a 1:1 sorta deal.

With Byron's contract we probably don't have room for Neal and a couple other defenders we really like. It's also very possible that we don't spend a 2nd round draft pick on Diggs having just spent mega $ on Jones.

It all worked out just fine... Jaylon was a terrible signing... Byron would not have been good either.
Ag Natural
AG
I have zero regrets in not resigning Jones. He's making $16million/year now and is the second best CB on his team. And they are struggling. He's not a playmaker and that kind of money should be reserved for playmakers.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yep, fine with Jones being gone. Gotta pay Diggs in 2 years when they'd still owe Jones for 2. You pay impact players. Jones just isn't one

And they may have not drafted Diggs had they resigned Jones
PooDoo
AG
If Bossman gets back and lives up to his film by year 2... this DB room should look niiiiice.

Honestly, the only free agents I'm worried about losing right now are Dan Quin and Randy Gregory, in that order.
jr15aggie
AG
Dalton Schultz will be a free agent. If he keeps up the pace he very well could be in the pro bowl.

He's not irreplaceable, but would suck to lose him after 4 years of developing into a solid pro.
Macarthur
jr15aggie said:

Dalton Schultz will be a free agent. If he keeps up the pace he very well could be in the pro bowl.

He's not irreplaceable, but would suck to lose him after 4 years of developing into a solid pro.
I like him a lot but his contract is prob gonna start at about $11m/yr. I think with all the folks you gotta pay, I don't think you can go that much on a TE, esp when you have Jarwin on a reasonable contract.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Normally I think the "hometown discount" is a bunch of BS. But if any player in the history of football owes a team a hometown discount it's Randy Gregory
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jr15aggie
AG
I agree Schultz is probably out of our price range.

Jerry will do whatever it takes to sign Gregory. Should be a balance between us paying the price and him giving a discount.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.