********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

197,770 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
birdman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'd rest anybody that had lingering injury.

I'd start most of offense. Need to get on track. Get a couple of good drives and build on something for playoffs.

I would have maximum protection for Dak. Don't get careless and get him injured. But Dak needs to get better. Either needs to see the field better or get some confidence.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Doesn't mean a lot, but with a W, there are some scenarios to move up to 2 or 3 and improve their chances of avoiding a trip to GB for the divisional round
DannyDuberstein
AG
That said, pretty sure they need the Niners to beat the Rams and the Seahawks to beat the Cardinals for either of those to work out, which is unlikely (and why I think this game probably does not end up meaning much). But it is certainly not impossible, and you never know in week 18. Weird **** happens. I would agree with sitting guys with injuries, but I wouldn't go too conservative
Macarthur
DannyDuberstein said:

That said, pretty sure they need the Niners to beat the Rams and the Seahawks to beat the Cardinals for either of those to work out, which is unlikely (and why I think this game probably does not end up meaning much). But it is certainly not impossible, and you never know in week 18. Weird **** happens. I would agree with sitting guys with injuries, but I wouldn't go too conservative
You know, I don't think either of those scenarios are that crazy. I could see the Rams and AZ both losing.

I think you gotta go out and put your best foot forward and win this game. This team is in no position to relax.
DannyDuberstein
AG
And fwiw, that scenario would get them to 3. Add in the Bucs losing to the Panthers which would get them to 2. But either 2 or 3 keeps you out of Lambeau for the divisional round, so worth playing hard and trying to win, in addition to just trying to get some momentum and beat a semi-decent team for the first time since New England
jr15aggie
AG
Amazing how 12-5 feels like we underachieved... and yet 12-5 gonna be the #1 seed in the AFC.
gigem1223
Yep. Win tonight and 6-0 in the division. Hasn't been done since 1998. Also will be going into the playoffs having won 5 of the last 6.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Steve Pelluer pregame film. Don't put that juju out there ESPN
98Ag99Grad
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Steve Pelluer pregame film. Don't put that juju out there ESPN

Was Gary Hogeboom unavailable??
bearcat
No excuses for Dak. His timing is off. He and receivers are not on same page enough. He constantly throws balls to receivers that are behind them (1st incompletion tonight), low (3rd down play in red zone that could have been so much more with a decent throw, and the throw Cooper had to wait on crossing field wide open. That is all Dak
bearcat
Once again. At least 2 awful throws on that drive. The long completion to Cedee and the TD pass to Wilson. I will say I don't completely put the one to Cedee on him as Cedee May very well have seen the field different and unexpectedly cut in too much.
Wheatables02
AG
jr15aggie
AG
Other than the unknowns of covid, this team is as healthy as they could hope to be going into the playoffs.

Let's go Cowboys!
gigem1223
jr15aggie said:

Other than the unknowns of covid, this team is as healthy as they could hope to be going into the playoffs.

Let's go Cowboys!

Only injury was Neal and at this point I'd rather he ride the e bench anyways
gigem1223
5-1 to end the season
98Ag99Grad
AG
gigem1223 said:

5-1 to end the season

6-0 in division. Total domination.
NukeAg10
AG
Jake just mentioned on the ticket post game that the Cowboys outscored the division 240-107 this season. My god.
gigem1223
So we're +39 on the rest of the nfl
NukeAg10
AG
Yeah, that would be 290-251 in the other 11 games.
Wheatables02
AG
Get the hype train ready for the playoffs just to lose the first game, and at best, the 2nd one.
Infection_Ag11
AG
jr15aggie said:

Amazing how 12-5 feels like we underachieved... and yet 12-5 gonna be the #1 seed in the AFC.

Not showing up against Denver may end up haunting this team forever. All they had to do to be the #1 seed was beat a 7-10 team at home in a noon regional broadcast where they were favored by nearly two touchdowns.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
NukeAg10
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

jr15aggie said:

Not showing up against Denver may end up haunting this team forever. All they had to do to be the #1 seed was beat a 7-10 team at home in a noon regional broadcast where they were favored by nearly two touchdowns.

That game definitely sucks, but I think the raiders game hurts more. Win just one of those 2 and they are the 1 seed.
jr15aggie
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Get the hype train ready for the playoffs just to lose the first game, and at best, the 2nd one.

Dang bro, you could at least wait 2 hours after a dominating win to start the doom and gloom!
gigem1223
Wheatables02 said:

I bet you're fun at parties
gigem1223
If our kicker does his damn job in the losses against Tampa, Oakland, Arizona this team is the #1 overall seed.
Southlake
Pretty much a wasted game except it might have given Dak his confidence back.

Eagles took no chances and played their 2s.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Southlake said:

F that. Beat down in Philly. F the Eagles.
Infection_Ag11
AG
NukeAg10 said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

jr15aggie said:

That game definitely sucks, but I think the raiders game hurts more. Win just one of those 2 and they are the 1 seed.

Sure, but at least the Raiders are a solid team with a good QB who may even end up making the playoffs. Losing to a team like that is defensible and going to happen in the NFL. That game was also a travesty of officiating, with the refs basically handing the Raiders the game by repeatedly rewarding Carr for just throwing the ball up trolling for PI.

Getting blown out at home by a team that lost 10 games and was led by Terry Bridgewater is just embarrassing.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
NukeAg10
AG
Valid points.
Infection_Ag11
AG
gigem1223 said:

If our kicker does his damn job in the losses against Tampa, Oakland, Arizona this team is the #1 overall seed.

Oakland and Tampa games were also both decided on abysmal calls. People forget the clear offensive PI that wasn't called on the pass that set up TB for the game winning FG. Had that been called that it's 2nd and 20 from Tampa's own 45 with only 18 seconds left and no timeouts.
reed13
AG
Southlake said:

I think Dak getting his confidence was a huge boost. That calf injury slump had him in a totally different headspace. If he's week 1-7 Dak, we can make a deep run with how our defense is playing now.
birdman
reed13 said:

Southlake said:

I think Dak getting his confidence was a huge boost. That calf injury slump had him in a totally different headspace. If he's week 1-7 Dak, we can make a deep run with how our defense is playing now.
I think the ceiling is better than you described.

If Dak and offense play like they did in first two months, we can beat anybody. Even if the defense plays ordinary, that offense can win any game. This team could win 42-35 games.

If defense plays like they have at times, we can beat anybody. If you kill the quarterback and get three turnovers, you can win against anybody. Even if offense sputters, you can win against anybody with scary defense. This team could win 14-10 games.

Put both of those together and nobody touches Dallas.
jr15aggie
AG
This was a team that had a crap ton of injuries early in the season to big time players and we just kept on winning.

We are all fully aware of their issues when they aren't clicking, but let's not discount what they did this year. They had a really good season and are healthy (injury wise) going into the playoffs.

I for one am excited!
BenFiasco14
AG
Wheatables02 said:

That's the spirit!
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Cowboys are playing next week and all the haters are out
Shocker

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.