********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

197,760 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
MookieBlaylock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Or Tomlin?

TheCougarHunter
AG
With that roster and one of the best QBs of all time in his prime he should have won more than 1 conference championship. Does anyone honestly think he is a coach that can take this team to a CCG
gigem1223
You talking about Rodgers, Brees or Big Ben?
MookieBlaylock
AG
TheCougarHunter said:

With that roster and one of the best QBs of all time in his prime he should have won more than 1 conference championship. Does anyone honestly think he is a coach that can take this team to a CCG

We will find out in the 2 months wont we
ChoppinDs40
AG
As long as Brady is playing, winning a conference championship or super bowl is going to be that much harder.

Outside of Brady teams, there's been a lot of parody over the years and teams rising and falling.

KC, Atlanta, 49ers, Rams, Seahawks, Saints, Titans, Bills, Steelers, Cardinals, Ravens, TEXANS, Jax, Cinci, Denver, Vikings…

All teams that have risen and fallen and risen again to make it 2 rounds deep in the playoffs.

Winning in the NFL playoffs is the hardest thing to do in sports. Injuries can absolutely ruin your season in 1 play and it takes a full 40 guys to compete every Sunday. Your backup CB on Dime packages could cost you the game by letting a WR go free. That doesn't happen in other sports.
gigem1223
Gallup and Hill officially back tomorrow
BenFiasco14
AG
Nice. Glad to see Gallup is back. Hard not to root for that guy.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
jr15aggie
AG
And just like that, Cowboys are back to being one of the favorites in the NFC.

The bad loss wasn't that big of a deal, how they responded was.

Kudos to big Mike and the coaches for getting them re-focused.
Saint Pablo
Parody
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Cardinals down 17-0 early
jr15aggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

20 - 0 now. Mid season been weird for several teams.

TB not feeling it either. NO beats them with their back up qb, then they get the week off, and now Washington roughs them up pretty good.
double aught
AG
Why do they not open the roof there? So stupid.
Grapesoda2525
jr15aggie said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

20 - 0 now. Mid season been weird for several teams.

TB not feeling it either. NO beats them with their back up qb, then they get the week off, and now Washington roughs them up pretty good.
We needed this **** to happen because of the competitiveness of our conference. The 4th seed in the NFC is probably the worst seed in all of football because you'd have to deal with some team who won 11+ games out of the NFC west then you'd have to play the highest ranked team coming back from a bye. Cowboys gotta get seed 1-3
Ag Natural
AG
The NFC playoffs are going to be rough. GB, TB, Cards, Rams and Cowboys?! I'm not even sure how I'd rank those 5.
wangus12
AG
Don't look know but KC all of a sudden looks like their old selves again just in time
NukeAg10
AG
Should be a good game next Sunday.
Grapesoda2525
wangus12 said:

Don't look know but KC all of a sudden looks like their old selves again just in time
We will run on KC relentlessly and keep mahomes off the field.
jr15aggie
AG
Was glad they won. I did not want to face a 5-5 KC team with their backs against the wall.
gigem1223
Don't look now, but Eagles may find their way into the playoffs. Pretty easy remaining schedule.
All I do is Nguyen
My only concern is the Packers. I absolutely, 110%, do NOT want to play rogers in the playoffs again.
jr15aggie
AG
gigem1223 said:

Don't look now, but Eagles may find their way into the playoffs. Pretty easy remaining schedule.

They could possibly sneak a wild card spot. But with 6 losses already it won't be easy. I think the Saints will beat them next week and they still have 5 NFC East games. Pretty sure they will find a way to lose 1 or 2 of those division games.

But yeah, 9-8 might be enough to get one of the 3 wild card spots. The are extremely lucky they got to play the Lions and the Jets this year!
jr15aggie
AG
I thought this was cool:

Kellso
I think that yesterday was the best performance I had seen from the Cowboys since 2009.

The last time I saw a Dallas team play that dominant was in 2009 when they beat an 11-4 Eagles team 24-0 to win the NFC East on the last game of the season.
jr15aggie
AG
Kellso said:

I think that yesterday was the best performance I had seen from the Cowboys since 2009.

The last time I saw a Dallas team play that dominant was in 2009 when they beat an 11-4 Eagles team 24-0 to win the NFC East on the last game of the season.

Yep. And I was there the very next week when we kicked the crap out of them in the 1st round of the playoffs. Was probably my 2nd favorite in person football game experience ever (#1 was beating TU after Bonfire fell).

Was a shame to lose the way we did the next week at MN... but that playoff beat down of Philly was just the best thing ever! Jerry World and the bars after were rocking!
wangus12
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

wangus12 said:

We will run on KC relentlessly and keep mahomes off the field.

Wasn't the Ags supposed to do the same thing on Saturday
jr15aggie
AG
Rams might end up making a splash this year... but these guys have leveraged their future to "win now" and the 49ers are giving them the business.

You cannot keep trading away draft picks and get away with it. In 2-3 years this team will be a bottom dweller.
Grapesoda2525
Hoping the 49ers can do us a favor tonight .
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Looking like a safe bet.
jr15aggie
AG
I'm watching the Rams/49ers game on my phone while I re-watch the Cowboys game on my TV (what a time to be alive!).

Big Mike is still a savage S.O.B.... as soon as that offsides was called on the extra point, when it was already 34-3, he was calling for a 2 point conversion. Friggin Atl dropped the soap, picked it up, and McCarthy said, "Drop that soap back on the ground B****.
Kellso
All I do is Nguyen said:

My only concern is the Packers. I absolutely, 110%, do NOT want to play rogers in the playoffs again.
I get that. I really do...because Aaron Rogers terrifies me.

But there is a part of me that would love to see the Cowboys exorcise that Green Bay demon by kicking their ass in the NFC Championship game at Lambeau.

Truth be told....I've been quite envious of San Francisco, Seattle, Atlanta and the other teams that have been able to defeat Aaron Rodgers and the Packers in the playoffs.
jr15aggie
AG
I'm not terrified of Rogers, but I'd rather play Stafford if I had a choice!

Dak's rookie year we convincingly beat GB @ Lambeau in the regular season. But then a few weeks later in the playoffs (in Arlington) Rogers was a different beast. That last throw to set up the 50+ yard game winning field goal wasn't human.

That game & the loss to the Giants in '07 still haunt me. Looking at how the NFC Championship game & Super Bowl turned out, that Dallas team was good enough to win it all that year. Terrible missed opportunity, mostly because Aaron wouldn't let them lose.
Kellso
jr15aggie said:

I'm not terrified of Rogers, but I'd rather play Stafford if I had a choice!

Dak's rookie year we convincingly beat GB @ Lambeau in the regular season. But then a few weeks later in the playoffs (in Arlington) Rogers was a different beast. That last throw to set up the 50+ yard game winning field goal wasn't human.

That game & the loss to the Giants in '07 still haunt me. Looking at how the NFC Championship game & Super Bowl turned out, that Dallas team was good enough to win it all that year. Terrible missed opportunity, mostly because Aaron wouldn't let them lose.
It really was.

I don't think there are 10 quarterbacks in the history of the NFL that could have made that throw. My jaw dropped when I saw that guy make that catch.
jteagle
AG
Kellso said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

I get that. I really do...because Aaron Rogers terrifies me.

But there is a part of me that would love to see the Cowboys exorcise that Green Bay demon by kicking their ass in the NFC Championship game at Lambeau.

Truth be told....I've been quite envious of San Francisco, Seattle, Atlanta and the other teams that have been able to defeat Aaron Rodgers and the Packers in the playoffs.
I would like to see us beat Green Bay too but I would rather do it in Dallas!
jr15aggie
AG
Quote:

It really was.

I don't think there are 10 quarterbacks in the history of the NFL that could have made that throw. My jaw dropped when I saw that guy make that catch.

The football gods were against Dallas on that day. On the play before Heath blows up Rogers from behind. The type of hit that 99.9% of the time results in a sack fumble (which would have set us up for a game winner). Nope, Rogers keeps his grip.

The throw... rolling to his left... throwing across his body 30+ yards down the field... and it still took a miraculous catch to complete the play.

And after all that Crosby still had to make a 50+ yarder.... which was wide... and it stayed wide... and with about 20 yards of flight left the ball flutter and banks right just inside the upright.

Still makes me sick!
STX Ag
AG
**** the damn Packers.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.