********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

192,511 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
Macarthur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yeah, it's very discouraging. Although, I would tend to say that was a great play by a defender by punching the ball out. If the defender makes contact with the ball, that's almost always a fumble regardless of who is carrying the ball. Defenders have gotten really good at that.

Another play that slipped my mind but ended up being huge was the dropped INT by Kearse. That was a killer and would have taken 3 points off the board.
Ag Natural
AG
NukeAg10 said:

Thinking more about yesterday, the late game turnovers by Dak are very disconcerting. 3 of the last 4 games, he's had an awful turnover late in the game. This is the kind of stuff people **** all over Romo for, but this seems worse.
That was a truly incredible play by Simmons to force that fumble. I thought it was encouraging that Dak was looking to run more.
NukeAg10
AG
Macarthur said:

Yeah, it's very discouraging. Although, I would tend to say that was a great play by a defender by punching the ball out. If the defender makes contact with the ball, that's almost always a fumble regardless of who is carrying the ball. Defenders have gotten really good at that.

Another play that slipped my mind but ended up being huge was the dropped INT by Kearse. That was a killer and would have taken 3 points off the board.

It was definitely a nice play, but it's becoming a trend for Dak to have a bad turnover at the wrong time. That fumble led to 3 points, and the dropped int was another 3 points. It's the NFL, so plays like that determine a game. 6 easy points for them, zuerlein can't make a gimme fg, there's your game.

To the poster that said it's encouraging that he's trying to run again, I agree.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Quote:

6 easy points for them, zuerlein can't make a gimme fg, there's your game.
Forgot about the horrible FG kicking again. Hard to win close games when you can't get 3 easy points
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Macarthur
NukeAg10 said:

Macarthur said:

It was definitely a nice play, but it's becoming a trend for Dak to have a bad turnover at the wrong time. That fumble led to 3 points, and the dropped int was another 3 points. It's the NFL, so plays like that determine a game. 6 easy points for them, zuerlein can't make a gimme fg, there's your game.

To the poster that said it's encouraging that he's trying to run again, I agree.

Yeah, I don't necessarliy disagree, but name a QB (not named Rodgers) that doesn't have some bad plays. Murray had been pretty bad the last several weeks and should have had that one pick yesterday. Josh Allen has been spotty. Stafford has been pedestrian.

This is the time of year that QB play gets really hard....I actually think Moore could help Dak more. I think they telegraph some plays like the one Buda Baker almost picked. You could see that coming a mile away. I think first down runs to Zeke are an absolute wasted play. Been really disappointed in Moore the second half of the year.

And I know we have to move on from the officiating, but at least three of those holding calls were just brutal and that is a drive killer. The one on Collins was especially poor, IMO.
NukeAg10
AG
Yes, Moore has been incredibly disappointing in the second half of the season. Very little creativity, basically giving up first down, and constantly trying to make stuff work that hasn't been there all season. Every single defender on the field knew that screen was coming to lamb, and I'm shocked it wasn't intercepted.

Qb play has been spotty all over the league, we just choose to bring up Dak more bc that's our team. It's more frustrating bc we know he can be much better, but Moore definitely isn't helping put him in the best position for success. Dak isn't making plays that are there either. It's frustrating all around.

It's weird being more concerned with the offense than defense going into the playoffs.
Ag12thman
AG
NukeAg10 said:

Thinking more about yesterday, the late game turnovers by Dak are very disconcerting. 3 of the last 4 games, he's had an awful turnover late in the game. This is the kind of stuff people **** all over Romo for, but this seems worse.
I totally agree. He still does not seem like the same QB he was before the injury last year and even the calf injury seems to have gotten to him mentally.
Macarthur
NukeAg10 said:

Yes, Moore has been incredibly disappointing in the second half of the season. Very little creativity, basically giving up first down, and constantly trying to make stuff work that hasn't been there all season. Every single defender on the field knew that screen was coming to lamb, and I'm shocked it wasn't intercepted.

Qb play has been spotty all over the league, we just choose to bring up Dak more bc that's our team. It's more frustrating bc we know he can be much better, but Moore definitely isn't helping put him in the best position for success. Dak isn't making plays that are there either. It's frustrating all around.

It's weird being more concerned with the offense than defense going into the playoffs.

No doubt Dak has been spotty. One play jumps out to me, and I think it was early in the 4th....Cooper on the outside runs about a 10 yard stop and the defender is way off. It's any easy pitch and catch. Dak throws it so high, Cooper doesn't even try to jump and get it. That was a jaw dropping miss.
FTAG 2000
AG
Was at the game yesterday. There were multiple times Ceedee beat his man and was wide open. There were three at least when AZ was in a cover-zero and Lamb was open down the middle of the field for what would have been touchdowns on each of those.

Dak wasn't even looking for him, and you could see the frustration in Lamb's body language.
Macarthur
AG 2000' said:

Was at the game yesterday. There were multiple times Ceedee beat his man and was wide open. There were three at least when AZ was in a cover-zero and Lamb was open down the middle of the field for what would have been touchdowns on each of those.

Dak wasn't even looking for him, and you could see the frustration in Lamb's body language.
NukeAg10
AG
AG 2000' said:

I could've gone without seeing this, but thanks.

Not sure where the long ball went from earlier in the season, but Dak sure isn't seeing it or even looking for it.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Usage of Lamb has been an interesting case this year. Extremely talented, but he's basically in process of putting up very similar #'s to last year when they had a backup throwing the ball for 3 months. Dak has not been finding him nearly as much as I thought he would

Franchise QB's that have a talent like this available wear the guy out.
Ag12thman
AG
AG 2000' said:

This happens when Prescott is playing scared or is worried about protection/pressure. Goes back to what I and others have said about him post injury. He's not quite the same QB now.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Btw, Lamb's 2nd best game of the season was with Cooper Rush at QB
Macarthur
ARRRRGGGHHHH

DannyDuberstein
AG
It was obvious in live action too. I called that and the fumble out right away because they both seemed obvious. I think in both cases the refs anticipated the call/action, which was they expected the ballcarrier to hit the ground inbounds and it was close enough that they assumed it.
jtstanley4621
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

Quote:

6 easy points for them, zuerlein can't make a gimme fg, there's your game.
Forgot about the horrible FG kicking again. Hard to win close games when you can't get 3 easy points

I for one am ready for the Greg the Leg era to be over. We can't count on him to reliably make kicks
98Ag99Grad
AG
I sweat XP with that guy
Agristotle
AG
Dak is really pressing. Maybe he's still hurt, maybe its the pressure of the contract, but he remains the guy who puts up big numbers against the bottom half of the league and in blow outs, but can't make plays against good teams with the game on the line.

If they are one and done in the playoffs, does Jerry hold with Mac while BOTH coordinators interview for head jobs elsewhere?
gigem1223
The Cowboys have lost 3 games by a combined 8 points.

Greg Zuerlein has left 14 points on the board in those games
98Ag99Grad
AG
gigem1223 said:

The Cowboys have lost 3 games by a combined 8 points.

Greg Zuerlein has left 14 points on the board in those games
Macarthur
I saw a tweet that I'll have to try to find.

It basically said that most of the kickers that will be going into the NFC playoffs are all ahving some issues. The Rams, Packers kickers have missed a ton. Greg Z is middle of the pack with the Philly kicker being the best, I think. I'll have to find that tweet.
NukeAg10
AG
Macarthur said:

ARRRRGGGHHHH

Maybe sky judge doesn't want to interject too much on possible turnovers, but this is absolute bull**** that they did not fix this on the spot there. The next play was the delay of game that wasn't called that would've also stopped the clock.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, as frustrating as Greg the Leg has been, he's right on league average for FG's. But he is a fair amount worse on PATs. For every 15 PAT's, league average is to miss 1. He's missing 2.
Ag Natural
AG
Agristotle said:

Dak is really pressing. Maybe he's still hurt, maybe its the pressure of the contract, but he remains the guy who puts up big numbers against the bottom half of the league and in blow outs, but can't make plays against good teams with the game on the line.

If they are one and done in the playoffs, does Jerry hold with Mac while BOTH coordinators interview for head jobs elsewhere?
I'd question the judgement of any team interviewing the Dallas coordinators.
NukeAg10
AG
Ag Natural said:

Agristotle said:

So now we hate Dan Quinn?

He's done a ridiculous job this year, after the abomination we saw all of last season.

Moore on the other hand has regressed greatly throughout the season.
Ag Natural
AG
NukeAg10 said:

Ag Natural said:

Agristotle said:

So now we hate Dan Quinn?

He's done a ridiculous job this year, after the abomination we saw all of last season.

Moore on the other hand has regressed greatly throughout the season.
I just think its funny that if we win a few games our coordinators are getting poached. But if we get out schemed in a game it's probably McCarthy's fault. I thought both got out coached yesterday. Yes, Quinn has done a great job and I like him. However, he was not a very good HC in my opinion and I don't think Moore is close to ready. So yeah I'd question any organization looking to interview them.
NukeAg10
AG
I can agree with all of that.
Macarthur
So, listening to the radio, they are saying that McCarthy was upset because on the extra point where AZ ran out the kicker but Murray was out there too, should have been considered a sub and the defense should have been allowed to sub, also. They should have gotten their TO back. The TV broadcast didn't give anything on this...did anyone else see that as the case?
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Living in Oregon stinks for NFL… I'm 10 hours away from Seattle but still have to watch the Seachickens vs Detroit instead of Boys/Cards.

Luckily I can stream it illegally but would much rather watch it without the hassle. I hope the rumors of Sunday Ticket moving away from Directv are true for 2022. I'd gladly pay $400+
I am die hard San Francisco 49ers fan, and I live in Austin. To watch 49er games that are not on Fox, CBS, NBC, or ABC, I stream 49er games through nflstream.tv. Because I don't even have cable either, I use nflstream.tv to watch Monday Night Football games, unless these games are also aired on ABC. So, I suggest you try that website to stream NFL games that you want to watch that are not available in your area.
jtstanley4621
AG
Quinn is a far better coordinator than Moore. Felt like early in the year Dak was cooking and running the system well, now that Dak has had some struggles it doesn't feel like we have done much schematically offensively to help.

That being said, Kingsbury took Quinn and our defense to the woodshed. Just could not get off the field at all
DannyDuberstein
AG
I don't have a big problem with Moore. Hated all the screens they ran earlier this year, but they seem to have backed off that. At some point your $40 mill QB has to hit WR's. There plenty of plays to be made. Also, not sure if Pollard just can't pass protect (seems they dont trust him), but they have a bad combo there right now. The better back apparently can't pass block, and the one that can has no burst left. That is very limiting
Agristotle
AG
Fair. My question was really focused on Jerry. Will he sit with Mac if they're one and done, or does he pay him off and promote Kellen?
Ag Natural
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I don't have a big problem with Moore. Hated all the screens they ran earlier this year, but they seem to have backed off that. At some point your $40 mill QB has to hit WR's. There plenty of plays to be made. Also, not sure if Pollard just can't pass protect (seems they dont trust him), but they have a bad combo there right now. The better back apparently can't pass block, and the one that can has no burst left. That is very limiting

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they draw up the stretch running play where Schultz gets to handle the DE by himself. That play has been blown up 20 times this season. Its a terrible design.
Southlake
Those options Murray ran in their last drives killed us. I certainly hope Quinn has an answer for it if we play them again. As Aikman said, they are almost undefendable.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.