********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

189,986 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
All I do is Nguyen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am actually very happy with last nights game. I expected the Cowboys to get blown out my 17+ given it was at tampa and they returned literally all 22 starters from a year before. Dak didn't miss a beat. Zeke blocked his butt off. The defense looked much better, but still needs improvement. Gives me lots of hope for this season
Ag Natural
AG
I did predict that Dak would look awesome. He did. Unfortunately Brady looked amazing too. That just shouldn't be possible.

The substitutions on defense were interesting. They had Smith and VDE playing together and then Parsons and Neel playing the together. The difference in speed was pretty stark. I can't believe I used to think VDE was fast. No wonder our defense was so terrible the last couple of years. And Jaylon Smith should probably just move to defensive tackle. He looks stuck in the mud.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Ag Natural said:

I did predict that Dak would look awesome. He did. Unfortunately Brady looked amazing too. That just shouldn't be possible.

The substitutions on defense were interesting. They had Smith and VDE playing together and then Parsons and Neel playing the together. The difference in speed was pretty stark. I can't believe I used to think VDE was fast. No wonder our defense was so terrible the last couple of years. And Jaylon Smith should probably just move to defensive tackle. He looks stuck in the mud.

VDE used to be fast
Neck injuries slow you down
jr15aggie
AG
Isn't it "LVE"??? Regardless, yes, it was very noticeable the speed difference. Not fair to compare with Parsons, but Leighton has never regained his pre-injury form.

Pretty much all the guys that cover Dallas think that Parsons, Neal, Cox are your 3 LBs next year.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I predicted 34-27 Bucs with Dak looking great and the D still having issues. About how it shaped up.
DannyDuberstein
AG
And it looks like Collins is gone for 5 games due to "substances of abuse"
NukeAg10
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

And it looks like Collins is gone for 5 games due to "substances of abuse"

Just saw that.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Between all the injuries and the free time he had over the past year, makes you wonder if he worked up an addiction to something and needs legit help. In the past, we'd just assume weed. But not anymore.
Dallas offense (outside of Zeke, guy is washed) is gonna cook. Dak gonna throw for 5,000 yards and 40 TDs easy. Defense is and will continue to the be the problem.
Daveintx
At what point does it always seeming to be the Cowboys that get struck with these drug suspensions start make you think maybe as an org you aren't doing something quite right
PooDoo
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Between all the injuries and the free time he had over the past year, makes you wonder if he worked up an addiction to something and needs legit help. In the past, we'd just assume weed. But not anymore.

I thought he sounded high most of the time during Hard Knocks. Especially talking to Dak about LSU in the training room.
wangus12
AG
And Michael Gallup possibly out 3-5 weeks now
TheCougarHunter
AG
Daveintx said:

At what point does it always seeming to be the Cowboys that get struck with these drug suspensions start make you think maybe as an org you aren't doing something quite right

Garbage culture starting with the man at the top. 25 years same song and dance. F Jerruh
mike_ags_fan12
Someone said it either here or game thread, But Zeke is going to have his games. DAL quickly realized the run game had to be thrown out the window against that stout front 7.

Pollard did look really good last night tho..
jtstanley4621
AG
A 2 back set with Schultz as the TE and Lamb and Cooper out there gives Dak a TON of different passing options. Both Zeke and Pollard can be useful in the passing game. As I said earlier, if they let the pass establish the run they could have a very good year offensively. Let Dak go to work.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Shamnon Sharpe thinks Tebow is a better blocker tham Shultz

His effort on the goaline was pathetic and cost the cowboys an easy TD from Zeke

PooDoo
AG
Thought Jarwin missed that block, no?
PatAg
AG
Thursday games suck ass
Southlake
Damn Collins.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Philly absolutely kicked Atlanta's ass today. Kind of amazing how Atlanta has managed to be so bad with Ryan
PooDoo
AG
Lol
TheCougarHunter
AG
TyHolden
AG
PooDoo said:

Lol

legendary quotes from legends
EastSideAg2002
PooDoo said:

Lol

jr15aggie
AG
OK so Collins is out and we have a full week to practice/prepare... surely the best solution is to keep McGovern at Guard (played well) and kick out Martin to RT.
Grapesoda2525
Since Martin is back and McGovern proved himself against top notch competition. I think we will be ok.
jr15aggie
AG
FYI, Hearing multiple people talking about Collins. Lots of moving parts, lots of people at Cowboys HQ pissed, lots of gray area.

Sounding a lot like the Zeke deal. Lots of ambiguity and circumstances that the NFL is conveniently skipping over and going straight to a 5 game ban.

In other words the whole thing smells and it's probably not the last we'll hear about it.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The ticket covered this a bit. He's been tested an average of 10x per month for the past 18 months. Never failed. This is apparently over 7 missed tests in that timeframe, which can be excused due to mitigating circumstances. I guess the NFL finally decided it didn't like the excuses.

The amount of testing is insane. Clearly he's failed in the past which is why he's on this regimen , but still
jteagle
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

The ticket covered this a bit. He's been tested an average of 10x per month for the past 18 months. Never failed. This is apparently over 7 missed tests in that timeframe, which can be excused due to mitigating circumstances. I guess the NFL finally decided it didn't like the excuses.

The amount of testing is insane. Clearly he's failed in the past which is why he's on this regimen , but still
That seems a bit extreme!
MookieBlaylock
AG
New game see how long I can watch the mannings do Monday night football

I made it 60 seconds of awful
TMACsDaMan
They need to be drinking
TMACsDaMan
now the chuckster is here talking gambling
DannyDuberstein
AG
I really want to like it because I like the insight, but man, it's a lot of fast talking
MookieBlaylock
AG
Show would be better as a highlight insight show with guests

Kinda like chucks show
Grapesoda2525
Goodell has definitely been a ****ty commissioner if you're a cowboys fan.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.