***** Official 2020 Texas Rangers Season Thread *****

170,615 Views | 3272 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BCSWguru
jtstanley4621
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seven Costanza said:

I'm rooting for the #1 pick at this point.

Absolutely. Would love to take Rocker. My kingdom for a bonafide home grow ace pitcher on the Rangers
Old Tom Morris
It's hard to do, but I am definitely rooting for the full out tank job.
xjrayx
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Seven Costanza said:

Absolutely. Would love to take Rocker. My kingdom for a bonafide home grow ace pitcher on the Rangers

Man, I would love that so much. Definitely rooting for strong performances from the young guys with lots of losses the rest of the way. Of all the years to tank, a short season is a perfect one to do it in.
JABQ04
AG
Old Tom Morris
I think the velocity and movement of current pitching has just become way too much for umpires. Bring on the bots
KT 90
AG
Let's go ahead and earmark Taveras for CF moving forward. Just robbed a HR from Seattle and hit HR of his own earlier.
KT 90
AG
xjrayx said:

jtstanley4621 said:

Seven Costanza said:

Man, I would love that so much. Definitely rooting for strong performances from the young guys with lots of losses the rest of the way. Of all the years to tank, a short season is a perfect one to do it in.

Good point on the shirt season tank job! Maybe we need to get Odor back in the lineup so we don't screw it up
KT 90
AG
Guzman with a bomb. Down by one, 4-3.
PatAg
AG
strike 3, 5 inches off the plate
CampingAg
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Seven Costanza said:

I'm sure there's some 18 year old kid in Cali or somewhere that JD and Kip British Cigarette have their eyes on.
xjrayx
AG
Oh god, I hope not. But leave it to this front office to completely screw up a sure thing if we did happen to get the #1 pick.
Mr Gigem
AG
Worst record in baseball
KT 90
AG
AccidentProne said:

Worst record in baseball

Looks like we are tied with Boston and Pittsburgh. Couple teams nearby as well. Still have work to do !
Old Tom Morris
Yeah, there's a small bunch of teams very close to each other at the bottom. BoSox, Royals, Nats, Pirates, and Dbacks are all right there. It's going to take some quality tanking to get below all 5. I'd feel better if Lynn was gone.
duck79
AG
With everything going on I obviously missed some transactions this off season. How did the BoSox get so bad??
Old Tom Morris
Their pitching is a disaster
toucan82
and they traded Mookie Betts for payroll flexibility
TDub
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

Their pitching is a disaster

They lost 2 or 3 SPs to injuries didn't they?
duck79
AG
Ahhh I forgot about the Mookie trade. I only remembered Price choosing not to play.
CampingAg
AG
Some great open roof weather this week.
BCSWguru
AccidentProne said:

Worst record in baseball
oh come on, gotta let the Pirates have something...
Seven Costanza
AG

I guess Joe West needed some attention.
agsalaska
AG
There is a thread on F16 about this. Classic fake news story.
Seven Costanza
AG
Fair enough. Although you can literally hear the words "he's not wearing a mask" from the dugout. My guess was that West was tired of being heckled by Rizzo and threw that in as a reason to remove him. West himself has not been a proponent of mask use.
agsalaska
AG
Seven Costanza said:

Fair enough. Although you can literally hear the words "he's not wearing a mask" from the dugout. My guess was that West was tired of being heckled by Rizzo and threw that in as a reason to remove him. West himself has not been a proponent of mask use.

He had already been thrown out by then and it wasn't West that ran him.

There is no telling why West said that about the mask. He may have been just saying it to identify him.

For example

Security 'Which one is it?'
West 'he is the one not wearing a mask'

This is the problem with the world today.
Seven Costanza
AG
Quote:

He may have been just saying it to identify him.
I actually originally wrote that in my reply, but then took it out since there doesn't appear anyone else around.

Here's a longer clip. Wendelstedt was the one that called for the ejection. West followed up as crew chief. This guy speculates that this was thrown in as an additional charge of sorts.
KT 90
AG
Elvis back in the lineup today:

toucan82
I don't watch the mariners often so I have to ask: is kyle seager the greatest hitter of all time?
KT 90
AG
toucan82 said:

I don't watch the mariners often so I have to ask: is kyle seager the greatest hitter of all time?

If he could play against the Rangers every game, he just might be...

KT 90
AG
WTH did I just read. Elvis' elbow has hurt for three years but we are just now hearing about it? Come on.

Quote:

Ortiz on Andrus
Shortstop Elvis Andrus suffered a fractured right elbow when he was hit by a pitch in 2018, and he missed two months. Hitting coach Luis Ortiz said Andrus has still not overcome some issues created by that injury.
"We started doing some drills and he said, 'My elbow is hurting,'" Ortiz said. "It is because he hasn't used it for three years, because he has been protecting it. Great athletes are great compensators. They are going to try and compete with what they've got, and that's what Elvis has tried to do.
"Now he is learning that what he is doing is not the same thing he was doing during those good years. Now he is getting back to it, and the elbow is sore because he hasn't used those muscles as often as he had three years ago."
https://www.mlb.com/rangers/news/rangers-figuring-out-pitching-for-doubleheader
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I take it as more akin to a RB who won't cut on a repaired knee. It sounds like he's been avoiding certain motions from a mental standpoint and now that he isn't he's sore.
ryanhnc10
AG
Ranger #007 said:

I take it as more akin to a RB who won't cut on a repaired knee. It sounds like he's been avoiding certain motions from a mental standpoint and now that he isn't he's sore.

I think it's a convenient excuse for his terrible play
Seven Costanza
AG
toucan82 said:

Second best. Right after Khris Davis.
PatAg
AG
#TogetherWeLose
Legal Custodian
AG
We got that #1 spot in the draft right now! Let's hold onto it!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.