***** Official 2020 Texas Rangers Season Thread *****

172,343 Views | 3272 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BCSWguru
KT 90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
KT 90 said:

and of course Oakland scores in the first inning.... thanks Odor. We can't make it out of the 1st anymore without giving up a run.

here is the stat I was looking for:

KT 90
AG
Ranger #007 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Nice defense odor.

Grieve is harping on Odor right now. I find that interesting.

And good for him. Usually the home team announcers tiptoe around be too critical of the players.
KT 90
AG
Nice play Heinaman.

Grapesoda2525
Ranger #007 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Nice defense odor.

Grieve is harping on Odor right now. I find that interesting.
He deserves all he gets. The guy has killed us for 3 years straight with timely strike outs, lackadaisical defense, and boneheaded baserunning.

Keep in mind....... the guy is getting paid no matter what so no reason to be nice to him if he sucks ass. Which he does.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I'm not disagreeing. I just find it interesting that an announcer was harping on a mistake like that. It makes me wonder if marching orders have changed.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Slightly off topic question, I've noticed a lot more 60+ jersey numbers this year. Is this a function of how the rosters and alternate site are working or are guys just branching out more than they used to?
jtstanley4621
AG
Has Taveras been on the team before? I could have sworn I saw him play when rosters expanded last season but maybe I'm wrong
toucan82
hey, a lead
Grapesoda2525
Ranger #007 said:

I'm not disagreeing. I just find it interesting that an announcer was harping on a mistake like that. It makes me wonder if marching orders have changed.
It also doesn't help odor that he's made that same exact mistake 2 or 3 other times this week. He left the pitcher out to dry in those innings and the other team capitalized big time by usually scoring lots of runs on us with their extra opportunities.
KT 90
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Has Taveras been on the team before? I could have sworn I saw him play when rosters expanded last season but maybe I'm wrong

I believe just earlier this season. He came in as a defensive replacement a game or two, maybe as a pinch runner. But they said that was his first MLB atbat.

toucan82
toucan82 said:

hey, a lead
that was fun while it lasted
jtstanley4621
AG
With the way things are going right now I just found myself laughing when Lynn gave up that homer. That was first pitch of the inning right? BRUTAL
Grapesoda2525
Too many free bases Lynn.

You're playing with fire.
jtstanley4621
AG
Just what we need: Lynn to get his pitch count up and get pulled early and then turn over the game to our depleted, but also just bad, bullpen
Grapesoda2525
TAG is on a roll tonight. Trashing the astros bench coach who acted tough until a guy was coming right at him.
toucan82
I'm such a sucker for watching the dugout ask for the ball when somebody gets their first hit
KT 90
AG
Taveras with his first MLB hit!
Grapesoda2525
IKF homer and taveras first hit.

Getting more offense than expected tonight!
xjrayx
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

TAG is on a roll tonight. Trashing the astros bench coach who acted tough until a guy was coming right at him.

Haha, of all the games to not be able to watch, the one where TAG is feeling feisty is the wrong one!
KT 90
AG
xjrayx said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Haha, of all the games to not be able to watch, the one where TAG is feeling feisty is the wrong one!

He may be off his meds. But he seems to be testy tag tonight.
Grapesoda2525
xjrayx said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

He dropped a giant deuce on Odor too after he messed up his 3rd double play in a week.
KT 90
AG
Still up 3-2, end of 7.

Mr Gigem
AG
Is Gallo unavailable or something? Why not PH for Chirinos there?
Proposition Joe
WE WON A GAME!
awrollins
Hello Win Column! FINALLY!!!
Quincey P. Morris
AG
It's the A's. They're just setting us up to be even more disappointed later.
Aggie_3
HEY WE SUCK A LIL LESS TONIGHT BUT GOD WE STILL DUCKING SUCK A ROYALLY HUGE SLONG
alvtimes
CampingAg said:

Rant coming.

It was said awhile back, but after a 7-game losing strength it's worth saying again. The Rangers will be what they are until: A.) They strip it down like the Astros for a few years, or B.) Have another Mark Teixeira trade (Sooo...Gallo + Lynn??)

When you look at the system, who are the reinforcements on the way? Are IKF, Willie, Solak, et al going to lead us to the promised land? Right now those are probably 7-9 hole hitters on a World Series contending team. Is Cole Winn gonna be our savior after already having had one TJ surgery? Other than Jung (hopefully) there just aren't any dudes on the way, and if JD keeps using our high draft spots on teenagers (save for last year's draft), I just don't see anything changing.

I'm 30 years old and since I could walk I've sat down in front of the TV to watch the Rangers every single night that I can regardless of where we've been in the standings. After the level of play this week, the Woodward/Tatis embarrassment, and turning on the TV today to see Odor hitting FIFTH, I don't even know why I watch anymore. But alas, I probably will.

There's just no direction. I wouldn't know one person from our ownership group if they walked up and slapped me in the face. What up and comer are we turning on the TV to watch? Who would I be looking at in the Frisco box scores this weekend? What do you see that gives you hope that we are going to contend in the next 5-6 years?

If Rangers go full on Astros and basically fill out a roster trying to lose 100+.... they wont get a dime from me....i'll let the party people support losing on purpose. Hopefully Im not the only one in the DFW area that feels the same
KT 90
AG

KT 90
AG

_lefraud_
AG
Grapesoda must have chub
KT 90
AG
Speaking of Odor, interesting comments from JD on him:

Quote:

"The contract at this point is not really relevant to whether he's playing," Daniels said. "I think it's more the idea that, quite frankly, there isn't an alternative that really is ready that is more likely to produce than to use this opportunity to get Roogie performing at a higher level.

"From a straight talent standpoint and what he's capable of, he gives us the best option."
full article:
https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/mlb/texas-rangers/article245247065.html

Grapesoda2525
KT 90 said:

Speaking of Odor, interesting comments from JD on him:

Quote:

"The contract at this point is not really relevant to whether he's playing," Daniels said. "I think it's more the idea that, quite frankly, there isn't an alternative that really is ready that is more likely to produce than to use this opportunity to get Roogie performing at a higher level.

"From a straight talent standpoint and what he's capable of, he gives us the best option."
full article:
https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/mlb/texas-rangers/article245247065.html

I've seen this. It's total bull crap.

We have lots of outfield options who could get more playing time. Nothing is stopping them from playing Santana or Dietrich at 2nd base.
Grapesoda2525
Solak--JD why can't I play 2b and Danny would like to too.

JD-----Boys I know you both are hands down better than baby Roogie but the truth is it ain't gonna happen.
Trucker 96
The contract at this point is not really relevant. We're just worried that once we bench him, he's going to dickslap Woody and then come up to the office and do it to me. [/jd]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.