***** Official 2020 Texas Rangers Season Thread *****

172,319 Views | 3272 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BCSWguru
Old Tom Morris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What a **** call when a guy misses his target that far.

That said, how about some contact, Joey. The 1-0 pitch was driveable. He's all swings and misses today
Sports-Ag
AG
That was a ball! Should be 4-2.
Old Tom Morris
Feels like ump ball/strike accuracy is worse than ever
powerbelly
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

Feels like ump ball/strike accuracy is worse than ever

It is almost like they want robot plate umps.
Mr Gigem
AG
So tired of the incompetent hitting. Gallo has done nothing in last 20 ABs, and he's the guy the offense is suppose to operate around
Mr Gigem
AG
Frazier just sucks. It pisses me off to know end knowing that Frazier should have been Rendon/Castellanos
wbt5845
AG
BTW - why aren't the Rangers wearing the powder blue today? That was supposed to be a Sunday thing.
Old Tom Morris
I'm assuming they are saving a few bucks by not making 42 jerseys in the powder blue
wbt5845
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

I'm assuming they are saving a few bucks by not making 42 jerseys in the powder blue
I was thinking maybe the Dodgers only have road grays which are too close to the Rangers powder blue. But I think the Rangers have worn the red 42 jerseys this whole series, so that's probably it.
wbt5845
AG
Now that men are in scoring position, the strike zone is 12 feet wide.
KT 90
AG
He was a pretty good prospect at one point, and had been a starter for the Phillies. Not sure if he has injury issues.

Grapesoda2525

I'd hope we are open to one of those "change of scenery" type deals, but need to find another team with a player whose underperforming for them.
J.P. 03
AG
KT 90 said:

He was a pretty good prospect at one point, and had been a starter for the Phillies. Not sure if he has injury issues.

I hate to say it, but at this point the fact that JD signed him tells me he probably does.
Old Tom Morris
I'd rather sign an injury issue than a no talent issue.
xjrayx
AG

Wow
xjrayx
AG

And then this. Going to be a fun trade deadline potentially
Schall 02
AG
And now I'm paying attention. Clean house !!!
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Can we trade Jon Daniels for a bag of peanuts and some stale hot dog buns?
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
So we're rebuilding? Good to know.
wbt5845
AG
xjrayx said:

Grapesoda2525
xjrayx said:

If we can get rid of odor for a bag of peanuts.

I'd freaking do it.
Grapesoda2525
this rebuild failed because Elvis fell off a cliff, Odor never developed, condor never developed, all of our pitching prospects seemingly got arm injuries, and Kip ***g wasted tons of draft picks on guys who never made it to the major leagues.

On to rebuild 2.0

This team won't be good for awhile. Just need to accept it and try to accumulate more young talent.

Move choo

Move minor

Move Lynn

Move odor for almost anything you can get

Move Gallo if it's a good offer.
bigcat22
AG
Could be an interesting rush to the deadline as it seems like the Rangers are open to dealing anyone and everyone on the roster.

gigem1223
Grapesoda2525 said:

xjrayx said:

I'd freaking do it.

What would you post about then?
WestTexasAg
AG
Well this is getting interesting. To think, I was somewhat optimistic about this season and the future. Then, Kluber lasts one inning, Elvis does nothing and gets hurt, Odor still can't find it, Santana and Calhoun battle injuries, Mike Minor runs out of gas after 3 or 4 innings......I could go on.

To me, at this point I think you totally rebuild. That being said, I wouldn't trade Gallo. Gallo, Solak, Taveras are three guys you can build around. Long ways to go though. Is there a worse team in the league in terms of power and production from the two corner infield spots?
Grapesoda2525
gigem1223 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

xjrayx said:

I'd freaking do it.

What would you post about then?
I'll track odor's strike out numbers with his new team.
Grapesoda2525
WestTexasAg said:

Well this is getting interesting. To think, I was somewhat optimistic about this season and the future. Then, Kluber lasts one inning, Elvis does nothing and gets hurt, Odor still can't find it, Santana and Calhoun battle injuries, Mike Minor runs out of gas after 3 or 4 innings......I could go on.

To me, at this point I think you totally rebuild. That being said, I wouldn't trade Gallo. Gallo, Solak, Taveres are three guys you can build around. Long ways to go though. Is there a worse team in the league in terms of power and production from the two corner infield spots?
Gallo is going to need to get paid relatively soon and his agent is Scott boras.

I'd trade him now if it's a good offer because Gallo won't be around when this team is good again.
WestTexasAg
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

WestTexasAg said:

To me, at this point I think you totally rebuild. That being said, I wouldn't trade Gallo. Gallo, Solak, Taveres are three guys you can build around. Long ways to go though. Is there a worse team in the league in terms of power and production from the two corner infield spots?
Gallo is going to need to get paid relatively soon and his agent is Scott boras.

I'd trade him now if it's a good offer because Gallo won't be around when this team is good again.
Can't argue that.
Old Tom Morris
Yeah, Gallo is going to be a Boras UFA after 2022, before even the most optimistic rebuild timeline completes. But with 2 more years of control, he's still got a ton of value right now
KT 90
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

WestTexasAg said:

We've done deals with Boras before, that's not necessarily a reason to move him. Beltre, Tex, Elvis?, and some others are Boras guys.

But on Gallo, we either need to extend him soon, or trade him. Could even trade him this off-season if the right deal is not there now. Problem with Gallo is can we get the 2019 version of Gallo back? Lately he's been looking more like the 2017-2018 version of Gallo that barely hits above the Mendoza line. We need 2019 Gallo back... that version would bring a nice return in a trade. I have a feeling if we were to move Gallo now, we would be selling at a discount. He is young and seems to be a level-headed guy, I'd rather hang on to him and extend him and let him try to be the next "face" of the franchise.

TXAggie2011
AG
If you don't really believe you'll be competitive by the start of 2022, you might as well start shopping everyone and maximize the youth you get in return.
KT 90
AG
And if somebody offers anything of value in return for Minor we should move him. He'll be a free agent at the end of the season . We could always resign him if he is interested in a team friendly type deal.

And Odor... we'll have to send a truckload of money to get someone to take him, but we need to do it. It's just not going to work out here and it's not fair to the others to keep running him out there when he isn't performing. Just need to eat the contract and move on... it happens.

Quincey P. Morris
AG
If we can get a tip of the line toaster for Minor we should move him. He won't be here for any kind of run. No one on the big league roster that's been there more than two weeks is untouchable.
Grapesoda2525
It just feels like this rebuild has been an epic failure and we need a massive youth talent infusion to give people hope for the future.

We need to see a fire sale tomorrow.

Lynn
Choo
Gallo
Frazier
Odor

Move them all or at least move as many as you can.

We have made deals with Boras before, but Elvis wanted to be a ranger very badly. Boras tried to get him to reach the open market for bidding, but like I said Elvis wanted to be here. We signed Beltre when we were a World Series favorite so those circumstances aren't nearly comparable to what we're all used too.

Boras is an expert at driving the price up and the rangers have no business paying for a guy like that when they should be about to undergo rebuild attempt #2.
Proposition Joe
Elvis was signed to be the face of the franchise.

If we don't move Gallo, then we should be 100% confident an extension for him to be the new face of the franchise is forthcoming, otherwise we're holding onto a valuable trade chip that won't be beneficial for any Rangers playoff teams.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.